• Published 11th Jun 2012
  • 1,349 Views, 11 Comments

Changelings Together - Oviraptor_Pony



This is the story of five changelings and there adventures in ponyville. Perepare for insanity.

  • ...
2
 11
 1,349

And Things Started Off So Well

Changelings together

By Oviraptor_Pony

Chapter 1

And things started off so well.

This day had been just perfect for Firefly. Firefly was a female harvester class changeling which meant she was one of the most common types of changelings anyone would encounter, she was responsible for integrating into a society and harvesting as much love as she needed and bringing it back to the hive for distribution.Today had been different though, today there glorious Queen put into effect a master plan to conquer Equestria. This would mean a lot less work for her in the future.

At the moment she was just flying over the battle that was raging beneath her, Firefly never really liked violence but if her queen demanded it she would fight. It was at this moment she noticed something on the roof of a building. There was a group of four changelings sitting on the edge of the roof accompanied by two ponies. She instantly knew who the four changelings where and flew down to join them with a sigh.

“Oh hey Firefly!” said a warrior class changeling how was currently holding a half eaten muffin
Warrior class changelings looked a lot like there harvester counterparts but had extended carapace the looked like black armour.

“What are you four doing? there is an invasion going on if you haven't noticed!” Firefly yelled at her four friends.

The Warrior Class Changeling was named Maggot and was known for being a lazy coward. Next to him sat a Scout class Changeling known as Aphid as all members of his king he did not possess fangs and was smaller than the rest of his kind about the size of a foal but he was blessed with increased intelligence and speed.Next was Termite another Harvester class but he was much older then Firefly, he had lost vision in one of his eyes due to an old scar he had gotten on a mission. Last was Mayfly a Caretaker Class, caretakers almost never left the hive due to the fact that they mainly took care of the eggs and hatchlings, so they didn't have fangs or holes in their legs that were used for speed and combat.

“There are more then enough changelings to do the the job hatchling.” Stated Termite followed by him taking a bite out of his own muffin.

“Ok, then why are you four just sitting next to the enemy?” she retorted pointing at the gray pegasus mare and the small unicorn filly.

“Oh, Im sorry Firefly i forgot to introduce you to our new friends this is Miss Derpy Hooves and her lovely daughter Dinky” kindly replied Mayfly. Both ponies kindly waved and gave their hellos. Just like you Mayfly making friends with anyone and anything you meet. firefly sighed once more and took position next to Maggot.

“So aren't the rest of you going to do something about those two ponies?”

“Im too old.” Stated Termite.

“Im too small.” Stated Aphid.

“Im wounded.” Stated Maggot

Firefly looked over Maggots body not seeing anything wrong with him. “Maggot your perfectly fine.” She stated in an annoyed tone. “Emotional trauma, I can't deal with the violence of war and miss Hooves here has been comforting me with these delicious muffins.”

Oh yeah Maggot you are totally traumatized and this is a battle between ponies and changelings its not like there are going to be any casualties. This is just another one of your lousy excuses. “Fine just pass me a muffin. And you two don't move your official our prisoners!” Firefly replied wanting to seem professional.

“Actually we made a deal with your friends that if your invitation could not be defeated in the next 10 minutes you can take use as your prisoners.”Derpy said with a smile while handing Firefly a muffin.


“O well thats nice.” Firefly said taking a bite out of her muffin and instantly choking on it. “YOU FOUR DID WHAT?!” she screamed at her so called friends.

“O Firefly you're scaring them.” Said Mayfly consoling the young unicorn.

“O IM SORRY! BUT I JUST LEARNED THAT MY CLOSEST FRIENDS MADE A DEAL WITH THE ENEMY ON WHETHER OR NOT WE ARE GOING TO TAKE THEM PRISONER! THIS IS BORDERLINE TREASON GUYS!” Firefly screamed as loud as she could.

“Calm down Firefly do you want to trigger a hive alert on us!” Maggot retorted while shoving a muffin in Firefly’s mouth.

“Don’t worry Firefly it is all under control. There is noway for the ponies to defeat us in the next ten minutes.” Aphid said confident in that fact.

Finally Firefly just accepted the fact that her friends where the laziest changelings in existence. I guess if you can't beat them join them. Damn do i hate that phrase i seem to use it so much when i'm with these four.She simply took a bite out of the muffin in her mouth and sat next to her friends when she noticed that Termite was not watching the battle below but he was staring up with a smirk on his face. She wasn't the only one that noticed.

“Is something bothering you Termite?” Asked Mayfly her voice full of concern.

At that Termite Stood up and turned to Derpy saluted her and said “ Well it has been a pleasure but me and my friends will be leaving.” He turned to the others. “ C'mon everyone huddled together.”

The Four other changelings did as their elder said but shared confused glances. “ Um Termite the only way the ponies could defeat our army is if they had some sort of expanding magical field that could only affect changelings.”Stated Aphid with another confused look.

“So what do you hatchlings suppose that is?” asked the old changeling.

The four young changelings looked at where Termite was pointing at and upon seeing the oncoming magical field all they heard before it hit was Aphid saying “Well would you look at that some sort of expanding magical field that can only affect changelings.”