• Published 9th Feb 2016
  • 250 Views, 1 Comments

Rise of Diamond Devotion: Season I "Fear The Sun" - RoguePony12



A Young Filly quickly becomes a mare in the face of not just adversity from townsfolk from ponyville but also from well-meaning but also from a very much misguided herd consisting of The Mane 6 and Princesses Celestia and Luna.

  • ...
 1
 250

Chapter 1: Blue goes BOOM!

Author's Note:

Greetings and Salutations, Everyone! Welcome to my first and hopefully NOT the last romp into a world of what COULD or CANNOT NOT be (but is NOT CANON, obviously). So grab your popcorn, tea, coffee, soda, or whatever else you enjoy while reading a fanfic of unknown quality , sit back, read on, enjoy and feel free to comment afterward! Remember... I'm just a random dabbler in this kind of thing, NOT a professional writer.

Time: 6:58 AM, Sunday January 3rd.
Place: The Diamond's Family Cabin, 3 miles ENE of the outskirts of Ponyville and 1 Mile north of Fluttershy's cottage.

The room was dark and cold as a figure laid in a bed, wrapped in a sweat soaked Dark Blue Blanket, tossing and turning as if it were shaken or tortured. "No! Keep BACK!" a soft voice mumbled out from under the covers as light and the sound of a door creaking open slowly filled the room. "NO! NO! NO! I'M WARNING YOU, I'M GONNA CLOP YOU ONE, YOU ..." The
voice now cried out, with great terror.

The floorboards creaked as another figure with long legs quickly strode across the room
to a window next to the bed. The voice continued to mumble and cry out as the blinds began to steadily open. "Oh, Blue..." a soft southern belle's voice sighed while the other figure shook her head with a mix of frustration and despair "She's having that darn nightmare, again! When is she going to realize that not all the other foals are out to cause trouble?"

When the light began to shine upon the bed, the blanket was thrown to the ground to reveal what had been hiding under it. "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" A small filly with a light blue coat and pale unkempt pink mane screamed while clutching the mattress under it with all 4 hooves. The scream was so shrill to the point of it being like nails on a chalkboard, and so loud that it was later rumored that even ponies living in Ponyville, The Everfree Forest, and even Canterlot could faintly hear it. To everyone else, it was just the start of a normal, late winter morning from the Diamond Cabin at 7 AM. You could even set your watch by it. Even a rooster's crow at sunrise wasn't this accurate.

"Let me guess, Blue... that dream... again?" The scream died down as the filly opened her light blue eyes. What she saw was normal, her bland nondescript room, the dark blue blanket saturated in sweat, and her mother, a mare with a pale pink coat, and a slightly lighter mane,
sitting right next to her with one hand on her shoulder. Blue Diamond just nodded in shame. She knewthe source of what had been causing this recurring nightmare, and the regret from this hit her like a tsunami as usual.

"20."
"20?"
"This is the 20th time in a row you've had this same dream. We need to get you to Dr. Feelgood's for a therapy session--"
"But--" Blue tried in vain to sway her mother.
"Listen here, little lady. We're not known for letting our emotions get the best of us, and that just ain't gonna happen... or else my name's not Rose Diamond!" Rose snapped.

It was at that point a Stallion with a horn, Red Mane and a brighter Coat and glasses popped in. "Honey, is everything alright? I was just sitting down to read the paper before breakfast and heard the scream." He asked with a worried look in his eyes.
"Yes, Red... Our little gem just had--"
"That blasted nightmare AGAIN?" Interrupted Red
"Again." Rose replied.

Red lowered his head and shook it as he let out one big sigh, then he looked right at Blue with a very worried, but at the same time warm and compassionate expression as he began ratting off questions.

"Sweetie, you didn't sneak to the kitchen and eat an Apple Fritter while we were asleep, did you?"
"No," Blue meekly replied.
"Any Candy?"
"No."
"More Water?"
"NO."
"Extra Food?"
"NO! I JUST FELL ASLEEP AFTER TAKING THAT NASTY MEDICINE DOCTOR HORSE PESC-- Presc-- OOOHHHHHH! What is this, the Spanish Inquisition?!" Blue angrily shot back with tears of shame and anger in her eyes. If there was anything that brought out the anger was being asked needless questions.

Red just gave a look that made even the most powerful blizzard look like a warm summer day without a cloud in the sky as he took one deep breath. "Prescribed. Young lady, We've been through this 20 times... and you still wake up screaming. Who are you so scared of to the point where you think lying to me is a good idea? Diamond Tiara? Silver Spoon? Snips and Snails? Those 'Cootie... Marred Crews'? Pipsqueak? Miss Cherilee? OR EVEN THAT EVIL SPOILED RICH--" Red said with frustration and just a bit of rage until his wife cut him off.

"Red... maybe she's been telling the truth this whole time. You know that delightful young mare with a pink mane that lives in a cottage very close to Ponyville and takes care of animals and brought Blue home all bandaged up along with Princess... what's her name? Ah... Twilight Sparkle after that one incident? Her parents told me that she had the same problem at her age." Rose calmly said while looking and smiling at her child who calmed down enough and faintly smiled though her tears. Something sounded familiar about that mare, but the memory escaped the young one like a rabbit being chased by an enraged dog. All she remembered of her was a soft voice that sang a lullaby until the sedative that Dr. Horse gave her kicked in... and "The Stare" that got an angry cat off of her.

"Maybe if you weren't near that fancy schmancy namby pamby circular clothes shop carousel thing trying to pet that little stuck-up miss fancy-pants' cat, that girl wouldn't have had to save you." Red blurted out. His outburst was the bump that brought the whole house of cards crashing down as Blue began to bawl loudly. Rarity may have had a few strong words about Red's taste in and condition of the family's clothes when they met her, but she certainly was not a "Stuck-up".

Rose patted Blue's back as she looked back up at Red with disgust and anger. "RED DIAMOND! See what you did?! We almost had her calmed down, and ready to talk... and when she needed love, of all the things you gave her was a KNEE-JERK REPRIMAND?!" Red took a deep breath and yelled back "LISTEN, WOMAN! WE DIAMONDS ARE HARD PEOPLE NOT A BUNCH OF... OF SENSITIVE OVER-EMOTIONAL MEATHEADS! My father Gray taught me that! We don't break down and start BAWLING like a 10 year old little girl just..."

That was it. "I'm sick of this." she thought. The young filly looked up with tears and snot still running down her face, glared at Red, walked up, jumped and smacked her father square in the jaw with her right front hoof. While he was still reeling, she screamed "AND WHAT IN THE BLUE BLAZES DO YOU THINK I AM, YOUR LITTLE VERBAL PUNCHING BAG? NO! I AM 10 Years old! Just because Grampa and Mam-aw raised you to never show or feel your emotions and remain all stony guy-like, but explode on the weakest around you when you don't get your way outside of work or have a tiny little owie doesn't mean that is right for me! And even more so, everytime YOU have a new business to invest in you sell a big stock, we celebrate... but when I get an A on a test you just say 'Good Job' and keep monitoring that stupid tele---something or other machine while tapping that button over and over again! I get hit in the eyes with snow coated ice balls... and YOU say I'm A MEATHEAD?! WAY TO GO... MEATHEAD!"

Both the stallion and the mare stared at their filly, of whom went from sobbing wreck to a seething white hot ball of equine furor whose breath was loud enough to wake the dead in mere seconds. The old stallion's jaw just dropped in astonishment despite the minor amount of pain he felt from being given some chin music. Red came back to his senses a few seconds later and yelled stammering "I -- RO-- You-- You... know what?! GO TO YOUR ROOM!" he yelled as he turned and slammed the door with a loud bang while storming off, loudly crying as he went.

Rose didn't even flinch as she continued to stare at her daughter. "M-m-mommy?" as the tears began to stream down again. The stare slowly turned to a warm surprised smile as she lowered down to give her child a hug. Blue was the only person that successfully got Red to ever back down, let alone storm off weeping bitterly (other than herself and their former business partners Filthy and Spoiled Rich) and her heart that once waxed cold towards Blue burned with newfound motherly love.

Blue tried to back away as she didn't know whether her mother was going to hug or choke her, but Rose's grasp was too quick. Her legs wrapped around Blue like a faux bear hug. A rare warm feeling came over the both of them as a mother and her child (albeit reluctantly) shared a short hug.

"Sweetie," Rose softly started through the tears, "What really happened on that day of class?" Blue paused, sniffled, cleared her throat, and just froze. If she let her mom know, she might feel better... but there was a risk of doing something that would cause things to get worse, almost so bad she would never be able to live it down. The fear of being labeled a "snitch" and incurring the wrath of not just the ponies who caused her pain, but everyone else ponyville too. But, if she didn't, she may never get a chance to recover.

"Wait, maybe we should wait for Red-- *cough* your father to hear this too, we need to get all of this taken care of before we leave tonight. Here and now." Rose loosened her grip around and let go of her slightly relieved daughter. "Go to the bathroom and wash yourself up, come down when you're ready. Take your time. It might take a few moments to get your dad to quit crying." she finished as she got up started to walk and open the door to leave. Blue wiped her eyes and smiled as they began to glow, along with her blanket.

The ability of levitating and controlling objects with magic was usually limited to Unicorns and Allicorns. Pegasi and normal Earth Ponies had other natural, but very rare ways of using magic. However, Blue was no mere normal Earth Pony. Being the daughter of a Unicorn and a regular Earth Pony (and through things that neither scientists or scholars could dare to begin to explain), she had the ability to do things that her kind just could not do. But, despite this, her parents and even Mayor Mare herself forbade her to use her abilities in public out of fear of a public spectacle.

"And don't you even let me catch you using your magic downstairs!" Rose said with a mixture of fear and assertiveness in her facial expression. "Clean Sweep, our butler, is down there whippin' up breakfast and I don't want him seeing you do that thing I think you're doing. He might try to get you to help him and get lazy!" Blue's eyes reverted back to normal as she grabbed the driest corner of her blanket with her mouth. "Ermfgh... Fime. Your juff jealuff!" she whined as she dragged the big quilt out of the room with her to the bathroom, making sure mom was already down stairs.

After throwing the quilt down the laundry chute for the loyal and long suffering family butler, Blue trotted into the upstairs bathroom to wash her face. She turned the faucet on and dipped her head into the stream, making sure to get a few gulps to drink in the process before turning the knob to close the valve up.

Indoor plumbing was a strange and out of place thing for most cabins outside Manehattan to have, but Red Diamond had the builders leave the spaces needed for him to personally build and install the required pipes (including the pipe that led from a local river to the house), heaters, pumps, purifiers, and generators to run a safe and convenient way to get water for crops and use in the house. Despite being a full-time investor and one of the only business tycoons in town, Red enjoyed inventing things and construction work at home on the side, and it paid off in spades. Not only did it keep the peace at the cabin, but it kept The Diamonds from having to hire more staff while living in luxury in contrast to most Ponyville's townsfolk.

Blue giggled as she used her ability to tie up and put her mane in Boar's Tails. Despite this being the last day before her mom and dad would be gone for a week, she felt no anxiety over it. She already was used to being alone most of the day anyhow, especially at school. Her only anxiety was only about having to go back to face her tormentors again.

After finishing up, she trotted happily down for breakfast... Hoping that her dad was back to his normal self and wanting to hear her out without yet again needlessly criticizing her, this time over what a few of her classmates did that bittersweet afternoon.

Comments ( 1 )

I think that this story has alot of potential to be really good even if this is your first time writing

Login or register to comment