• Published 10th Feb 2016
  • 1,370 Views, 68 Comments

Reality is Magic - ninjintonic



Thirteen years later after my reformation; The battle of the bands; and the Friendship Games, we realized that friendship is not all about apple pie life, candy in the sky, and having sweet desserts at Sugarcube Corner all the time.

  • ...
15
 68
 1,370

Scenario 18: The Aberrant Surprise

BARNES AND NOBLE - 2:55 PM, EARLIER THAT SAME DAY




"Welcome to Barnes and Noble."

A host greeted me with a pleasant smile as I entered through the electronic doors to an immediate display of newly release of The Adventures of Daring Doo volume. It was advertised on an open bookshelf, with a small chocolate stand that consisted of chocolate bars which had a picture of Daring Doo on the wrapper. I grabbed a shopping basket, and picked up both the volume of the series, and a chocolate bar for Pinkie's surprise birthday gift. I was able to get off work early, because our last scheduled patient never showed up for the doctor's appointment. I continued walking through the aisles of bookshelves, and ended up in the psychology section. Now that I thought about it, I wondered which subject of the book: Happiness in Your Life is listed under. In my contemplative mind, I decided to run a search on a nearby computer so that I can pinpoint the location of the book within the store. As I concluded the search, the result displayed the subject: Self-Help & Relationships. I then advanced to search for the book. Aside from spending time alone to let off steam at Sweet Apple Pond Park, I often come here to relax and read a compelling book; That being said, I knew the locations of every section of this bookstore like the back of my hand. As I approached the section of the bookshelf, the books were lined horizontally, arranged in alphabetical order. I examined and browsed carefully, my eyes widened as I was able to find the book that I needed to get a hold of. Coincidentally, this was the last book in stock. It was a soft-covered book, the thickness looked like it contained about fifty thousand words. I pulled the book out, and skimmed through the pages. I nodded with acknowledgment that this is the book that I definitely need to purchase.

*puh-puh-puh*

I turned to the direction of the sudden sound of fallen books, witnessing a person with gray hoodie bolting away towards the front of the bookstore, and a short employee who skedaddled behind her with words, "Hey! What is your problem ma'am?! I don't look all that scary do I?!" I snorted out with laughter after seeing a short occurrence in front of my eyes, if I had to guess, that employee was turned down for a date, and he wasn't having it.

I returned to the book once again, and skimmed through the preface: Karma is a word often thought to mean a curse on people who do bad things, or a comfort to people who do good things and are yet to see any reward. Karma, however, is not a punishment and reward system. It is instead, based on understanding. Happiness in Your Life - Book One: Karma provides an introduction to what karma is and what it is not. The twelve Laws of Karma are shared, and then those Laws are revisited in the final three sections; Karma and Relationships, Karma and Judgement, and Karma and the World. Understanding karma helps to make sense of things that just don't seem right in the world. Everything has an order and process, and knowing this process will lead to more positive choices and outcomes. This is a compelling read. I actually had the desire to read this book, not just because of my curse, but for my own curious gain.

I took the book, and decided to stay for awhile to kill some free time. I strolled towards a coffee shop within this store, which every Barnes and Noble has, Starbucks. I bought a hot vanilla latte, and approached a vacant seat with a table. I set my shopping basket on the floor beside me, and casually placed my coffee and book on the table in front of me. I took a sip of my latte and began reading:





Karma's Bullet

Henry Ziegland ended his engagement with his girlfriend Isabella Lintz in 1883. In those days when a man ended an engagement it bought shame on a woman. Isabella was heartbroken and committed suicide.

When Isabella’s brother found out what happened he shot Ziegland and then took his own life.

Amazingly Henry Ziegland hadn’t been killed! The bullet had glanced off his head and gone into a nearby tree.

Two years later in 1885, Ziegland told friends that the tree which the bullet had gone into reminded him of the past and he wanted it gone.

He decided to blow the tree up with dynamite. Even though Ziegland stood well back, the explosion sent the bullet into Henry Ziegland’s head, killing him instantly!





A Hitch-hiker Receives His Karma

John Gale kindly stopped to pick up a hitch-hiker. He gave the hitch-hiker cigarettes and fed him at a service station. When he dropped the hitch-hiker off he noticed that the hitch-hiker had stolen his wallet.

Luckily there was no cash in the wallet and John quickly called his bank and cancelled his credit cards. When he got home he saw that the hitch-hiker had left his backpack on the rear seat!

In the backpack were the hitch-hikers wallet, photos and other valuable personal items! John handed everything to the police. This hitch-hiker received his karma quickly!





The Motor Cyclist's Karma

In 2011, a man named Philip A. Contos was one of 550 motorcyclists participating in an anti-helmet law rally.

While riding, Contos' bike fishtailed. He was thrown over his handlebars, and hit his head on the pavement. He was pronounced dead at a hospital shortly after.

State troopers said he would have likely survived had he been wearing a helmet.





The Electrical Karma

in 1981, Michael Anderson Godwin was sentenced to die in the electric chair, charged with murder and sexual assault. However, upon retrial, he was acquitted of the sexual assault charges and his sentence was reduced to life in prison.

8 years later, whilst attempting to fix a pair of headphones attached to his cell's TV set, he foolishly bit into a wire affixed to the television, all the while sitting on a metal toilet.

He received a fatal electric shock and died almost instantly.





I can go on and on with these true life stories. Many people don't believe in the concept of karma. Some are simply more analytical, rational, of the if-I-can’t-see-it-it’s-nonexistent frame of mind and need proof. They don’t have a good reason to accept it, so they’re rejecting for now. Some have misconceptions about the concept. They may mistakenly feel that karma is all about punishment, and since they don’t believe a higher power would punish people, they reject what they perceive karma to be.





I was indeed fascinated, but it came to mind that I've lost tracked of time. I hastily unzipped my purse to pull out my cell phone to check the current time: 3:30 pm. I have about an hour and a half before I have to head home and prepare a surprise birthday party for Pinkie. Her actual birthday falls this Sunday, but Lyra and I plan on celebrating it today. I placed my cell phone back in my purse, I stood up and tossed the book in the shopping basket, and walked towards the check-out line while taking sips of my latte.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SUNSET'S APARTMENT - 3:35 PM, SAME DAY





Lyra got off work early today. She was tucked on the couch in relaxation, watching her favorite show, My Little Pony, while she waited for both me and Pinkie to come home. No matter how many times she watches the reruns, she never gets tired of it. Aside from loving the show so much, she also watches it to release stress from her hard day at work. Working with high school kids does take a lot out of Lyra; Not to mention, the homeworks, the quizzes, and managing the rowdy kids and class clowns. Lyra didn't appear to be the type who would reprimand her students for poor work, but she will when she has to, whenever she gets passionate on music education. I had observed her everyday on the couch grading papers that almost piled up knee high. I was amazed at how fast she can grade the papers within an hour or so, which is expected from Lyra because she's been a teacher at CHS for almost ten years.

*Text Message Notification Sound*

Text notification had sounded on Lyra's phone that was placed on the center table in front of her. She leaned forward to grab a hold of her cell phone, and turned her screen on which brought a smile to her face. It was a text message from Morning Dew. Morning Dew is a swell man, but anyone can be nice in the beginning until realizing the bad behind the good in someone. He did say some encouraging words back at the pizzeria, but doesn't justify Lyra to wander off carelessly. Falling in love too easily has become problematic for Lyra. If a man strums on her heartstrings, she'll fall head over heels for him.

"Hey Lyra, how are you tonight?"

She drafted back a text, "I'm doing fine, just a little tired." [Message Sent]

She placed her phone next to her this time, rather than placing it on the center table, and continued watching her favorite cartoon show.

*Text Message Notification Sound*

She picked up her cell phone once again, and read Morning Dew's text message, "Oh ok, well... I just wanted to check in if you got home safely, which you did... You should get plenty of rest, but don't forget to eat dinner. See you on Monday."

The text message brought Lyra the warmth, and a pleasant smile again. No guy had ever said those caring words to her but Morning Dew. She texted back, "Thank you for caring, you're so sweet <3 and yes, I'll see you Monday."

She then carefully placed her cell phone on the center table and continued watching her cartoon show again that showed an episode of two ponies kissing.

Lyra heard the clanging of keys just outside the apartment door which led the door to an open, "I'm home." I was holding two plastic bags. Inside of one bag were the books and chocolate I bought from Barnes and Noble, and the other consisted of some extra ingredients for dinner that I was supposed to make the other night, chicken and stuffing casserole. I ordinarily placed both bags on the counter-top, while closing the door gently behind me with my foot. I flung my keys on the center table, and tossed my big purse to the nearby sofa.

Lyra stood up from her relaxation position on her side of the couch, "Hey, how was work?" Lyra approached the kitchen in front of the counter-table and continued, "Ya know, you were supposed to be at bed last night after our small talk..." She helped removed the spices and herbs, some cans of evaporated milk and eggs from the plastic bag.

"I know..." I remained a normal grin, placing the supplies in the top cabinet.

"Good thing you didn't get a fever." As Lyra emptied the whole plastic bag, she crumpled it up.

After placing the supplies in the cabinets, I began rearranging them, "I know."

Lyra looked at me with puzzlement then questioned, "...Are you ok? why are you being so vague?.."

I paused, "Have you ever tried to find an answer, but then you stopped because you don't think its worth the effort?"

"No..."

"Lyra... I'm not trying to find answers anymore. I'm going to try to live what I know..." I removed the book out, Happiness in Your Life, from the bag, and tossed it on the counter-top in front of Lyra, "I read through it before I came here... I felt my money was wasted on this piece of crap..."

Lyra focused on the book, temporarily placing the crumpled plastic bag on the table, then picked up the book to take a quick scan of its front cover, and began skimming through the pages, "Why did you buy this?"

"Good question... The reason I purchased the book because the author of the Book: Thirteen is the same author who published this book, but in this alternate universe."

Lyra held the book, then opened it, and replied in determined inquisition, "Oh really?"

"Yeah..."

Lyra closed the book, casually placed it on the counter-top, and moved the book to my direction, "Sunset, I believe there's an answer in that book somewhere... You should keep on reading..."

I raised my eyebrow with a tentative expression, "You think so?"

"I'm positive..." Lyra grabbed the crumpled up plastic bag, and walked towards the trashcan to throw it away, "You know that one saying... If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door?"

"Yeah... Why?"

"Sunset... You're building that door..."

I rolled my eyes with no response because I thought it was a cheesy quote. Where does Lyra get all her cheesy quotes? I continued finalizing the arrangement of supplies in the top cabinet. Lyra noticed that there were still stuff in the bag. She dragged it closer to her, and aimlessly placed her hand in the bag to pull out whatever what was in it. It was the Daring Doo Book. With her raised eyebrow that made her question, "Ummm ok?"

I closed the cabinet doors, and looked at her, "That's a part of Pinkie's gift, it's the latest volume that was just released today."

"Gotcha." Lyra casually placed the book down and then removed another item from the bag, it's a chocolate bar with a picture of Daring Doo on the wrapper, "Oh, cool... I got her a balloon necklace."

I turned to the refrigerator to grab some green onions and tomatoes, "Aw that's cute," I set the vegetables on the counter-top, and continued with words, "Honey, can you be a dear and hide the books and the chocolate in my room, I need to prepare dinner... Oh did you get the cake?"

"Yeah, it's in the fridge, did you not see it?" Lyra took the books and the chocolate, and hid it in my bedroom.

I turned to the fridge again, which this time, noticing a brown bag covering a flat cylindrical shape. I removed the brown paper bag which revealed an attractive looking birthday cake, with a 'Happy Birthday Pinkie Pie' on the top layer. I was astounded by the looks of the design, it was perfectly made.

"Wow, Lyra, did you get this from Sugar Cube Corner?" As I threw the brown paper bag in the trash can.

"Where else would you think?" Lyra followed by a sarcastic laugh.

"Well... It looks really lovely, Pinkie Pie would love it." I closed the fridge, then grabbed a cutting-board and laid it on the counter table, taking a handful of green onions and began chopping them julienne, "So have you heard from Pinkie the whole day?"

"Yeah, she'll be home at four."

"Hmm..." I shifted the chopped green onions to the side, and began working on the tomatoes, "How was work?"

"Eh... Three of my students were giving me a hard time."

"Really, why?"

"They don't think music is a good path for a choice of career."

"Oh... Don't let it get to you, Lyra..."

She remained silence after my comment, then sat on the couch to continue watching TV. I can imagine how much stress is being weighed on Lyra, not a lot of people realize that having music as a career, comes with great passion, and that is what Lyra is all about. I tried to explain to her that not every one is suited for music. She gets disheartened whenever someone bashes into the subject of that matter, but she just can't help it.

As I finished chopping the tomatoes, I tossed all of them to a separate bowl.

*Knock Knock*

"I'll get it.." Lyra ascended from the couch to open the door. Pinkie appeared from the door, she held an open-top box containing mini strobe lights, confettis, cans of party spray strings, and various colors of un-inflated balloons.

"Hey guys." Pinkie entered, and closed the door behind her with her foot.

"Hey." Lyra and I replied in unison. Lyra plopped and tucked herself again on the couch to watch the TV.

Before Pinkie headed to her bedroom, she paused to glance at the episode of ponies fighting evil on TV, "Lyra... Can we please watch something else? I'm tired of watching that over and over..."

Lyra stuck her tongue out at Pinkie, "Make me." followed by a smirk.

Pinkie let out a sigh, and jokingly replied back, "Just you wait until I drop this box off, you're going to get it." Pinkie hastily ran in the bedroom, negligently placing the box on the floor, then darted towards the couch, and jumped beside Lyra to tickle her.

"Girls! Don't you dare break anything." I said in a loud voice while mixing the eggs and milk in a separate bowl.

While they were giggling, Lyra held the TV remote high up away from Pinkie, as she strive to grab a hold of it.

"Gimmie the remote." Pinkie in standardized tone with a smirk.

"No." Lyra teased.

"I will count to three. One... Two... Three!"

Pinkie finally grabbed a hold of the remote by pinning her down on the couch, "You're too cocky!" Pinkie then sat back down in a normal position, slipping her pink flip flops off, and tucked her bare feet on the couch. Pinkie changed the cartoon show to a Netflix series that she just started watching: Orange is the New Black.

Lyra pouted at Pinkie, "You meanie.."

Pinkie snorted out with laughter with eyebrows raised, "I'm the mean one? You hog the TV all to yourself all day, everyday... Right Sunset?" Both Lyra and Pinkie swung around to my direction.

"Don't include me in it." As I concentrated on my end, slicing the chicken breasts into small strips on a cutting board.

Pinkie, in a thoughtful state, she balanced back in the same standard tone, "How's the journey for the cure of the curse? Any progress?"

"No... As I was telling Lyra earlier, I'm in a fine line between giving in or just winging it..."

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"I bought a book from Barnes and Noble awhile ago, I'll give it to you later, as much as I know you hate reading books, but give it a whirl, and tell me what you think."

"Sure that's fine."

When Pinkie turned around to continue watching her movie series, it was once again changed to Lyra's favorite cartoon show. Pinkie hadn't notice the sound of Lyra's giggle the whole time while Pinkie was preoccupied with me in a short discussion.

"C'mon Lyra, you're killin' me, smalls.." Pinkie ascended from her side of the sofa, "Whatever, you go ahead and watch your stupid show, I'll be with Sunset here." Then walked towards the counter-table and sat on a stool, opposite from where I stood. She continued with words, "You need help?"

"Nope, but thanks.."

"Ok.."

Pinkie knew something was bothering me, and she couldn't hold back to ask, after all, she's very persistent on trying to pull the revealing truth or an answer out of someone, someone like me. It's a part of her personality which Lyra and I manage to cope with for many years.

"Sunset... Want to know my opinion of this whole thing about your curse?"

"Sure... I would appreciate your point of view.."

"I don't think there's any curse to begin with..."

I temporarily stopped what I was doing, then focused on Pinkie. She continued, "I mean... We've been living our life accordingly, I mean yes, things happen... I ended up in the hospital, Lyra was assaulted, Granny Smith with the heart attack, seeing Apple Jack and Flutter Shy, that whole shebang... I'm thinking... Everything is all just events of reality, and that's that... It's not that complicated, and yet you stay up all night trying to search for an answer when it's right in front of you the whole time. Ya know, I wouldn't worry too much about it."

Pinkie and Lyra never knew about the time I was assaulted by Wind Rider about a month ago in the train station. I guess somethings are better left unsaid for now.

"Well... Maybe you're right. As I said to Lyra, maybe we should just live our life through it."

"Sunset, I still think you should read that book..." Lyra joined in.

Pinkie glanced at Lyra, then me, "...Lemme take a look at the book."

I nodded, "Sure, Lyra, can you grab the book? My hands are dirty.."

"Sure." Lyra stood up, headed towards my bedroom to grab the book.

Pinkie reinitialized, "Sunset... Don't worry too much about it, we're here to help you."

Lyra approached the counter-top and tossed the book, Happiness in your Life, in front of Pinkie. She grabbed then held the book, and started flipping through the pages.

"Sunset bought this book because the author who published it, is the same author who published the number Thirteen book in Equestria." Lyra had said.

"Oh ok?..." Pinkie in a low tone, while reading a random passage, "It's all about Karma and stuff..." She closed the book, and placed it down on the counter-table, "Sunset, do you think it's different for this world?"

"What do you mean?" In my state of puzzlement.

"Think about it... Twilight brought that curse book, which is from Equestria... And you purchased this book from Barnes & Nobles, right?

"Ok?.. Yeah, that's right?.." Still in my state of puzzlement, but I was trying to follow as Pinkie continued to explain.

"Maybe these are all backfires of Karma, rather than the curse itself? Since you stole Twilight's crown thirteen years ago, and now karma is coming back to haunt you..."

"Hmmm..." Lyra and I nodded.

"It's a theory..." Lyra added.

Pinkie continued reading, then turned towards the penultimate pages of the book, "Then at the end, it explains..." Pinkie skimmed through the passage with her index finger, "There's a big passage here that I don't feel like reading... But the key factors here explained that Karma can be reversed by practicing positive actions... Donating your time to a cause that you believe in, giving money to a cause you believe in, giving more compliments, and doing kind favors for someone." Pinkie closed the book, and tossed it on the counter-top arrogantly. She placed both her hands on her hips, and looked at me and Lyra, "Ladies and ladies, I think we've already solve the problem here." Followed by her grin.

"Ok fine, but don't toss that book like that again. It nearly knocked over the bowl filled with cream sauce..." I reasserted.

"Lemme bring the book back.." Lyra took the book, and walked back towards my bedroom to hide it.

As she walked out of my bedroom, she asked me in an upbeat tone, "Can I take it out of the fridge now?"

As I finally finished cutting the chicken breasts into strips, "Sure go ahead."

Pinkie stood right in between them. With her sense of curiosity, she looked at Lyra, then me, "Take what out?..."

Lyra smiled, then casually walked towards the fridge. As she opened the fridge, she lowered herself to pull the cake out, and began carrying it with both hands by its base. She slowly walked, bypassing me, carefully placing the cake down on the counter-top in front of Pinkie. Pinkie's eyes widened, and placed both her palms on her mouth in excitement, "Oh wow!"

"SURPRISE HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!" Lyra and I shouted.

"You girls!.." Pinkie's eyes began to gloss, then a single happy tear rolled down her face, "I would've never thought, you girls really did get me by surprise!" She said in a high-pitched voice.

I never saw Pinkie happy like this in a long time. She's been through a lot to this day; Work, bills, and the drama. So Lyra and I thought it was a great idea to tell her to forget all her problems, and put a big smile on her face by throwing a surprise thirtieth birthday.

"We got you gifts!" Lyra in a loud tone.

I began pouring the casserole mixture on a baking tray, "Yeah, lets open it now." As I finally completed pouring the mixture, I turned to the oven, and pushed the button to preheat the oven. I turned to the sink, and washed my hands, "I didn't get to wrap mine up, though..." Then patted my hands dry from the kitchen towel that hung on a dishwasher handle.

"Yeah, stay here." Lyra yielded Pinkie to stay from where she stood, but instead, she sat down on the sofa, ecstatic to see what her best friends got her for her birthday.

As Lyra walked to her bedroom to grab her gift, I followed after towards my bedroom to grab mine.

Lyra came out of the bedroom first, showing a small box wrapped with a pink gift wrapper, with large ribbons. I then appeared after, hiding my gift behind my back. We both approached Pinkie, and I reinitialized with words in a pleasant tone, "Lyra, you give her yours first."

Lyra chuckled, "Ok." She handed her box gift over to Pinkie, and she kindly accepted it. She sloppily ripped the wrappers as she couldn't wait to see what was inside the box. When the wrappers finally came apart, she untied the ribbons impatiently. When the brown box is fully exposed, she removed the small box lid, which revealed a silver necklace with a pink balloon pendant, "Wow!" Pinkie carefully took the balloon pendant out, and examined it with amazement. Pinkie looked at Lyra with a smile, "Thank you so much Lyra.." Pinkie stood up to deliver a hug, "I love you so much."

"I love you too." Lyra replied.

As they parted from their hug, she wore the necklace around her neck, which matched her eyes and her long straight hair perfectly. Pinkie looked at me, speculating what kind of gift I got for her. I revealed the latest volume of the Daring Doo book, and a chocolate bar. Pinkie, once again, jumped for joy. "Oh! It's the latest volume of the Daring Doo!" She jumped for a hug, "Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!" Then Lyra joined in as well to form a group hug. As we all liberated from our hugs, I grinned at both of them and reinitialized, "Dinner is going to be done soon, all I gotta do is bake the casserole, which should only take about thirty minutes or so. So why don't we all enjoy a movie together while we wait, then after dinner, lets devour that cake like a hot guy, ok?" Both laughed hysterically and nodded to my whimsical idea, "Okay!" Both of the girls then plopped on the couch in front of the TV. Lyra grinned at Pinkie while handing the TV remote to her. Pinkie kindly accepted it, then tuned to a Netflix movie, it was one that we all have not watched before. It was a movie called: Chef. To me, this was the best moment of my life. I would've never pictured my life the way it is now, and I couldn't be any happier knowing that my girls are here with me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

APPLE JACK FARM, APPLELOOSA - 1:35 PM, SATURDAY




"Hey Jack! Watch your steps! You're killing the crops!"

"Can someone please show the newbie on how to operate the tractor?!"

"Sorry for the loud noises of machinery, ma'am, but I promise you that these apples are the best apples you'd ever taste!"


We took a ten-minute horse-carriage ride from the bus stop to a large bustling corporate farm. There was a noticeable sign displayed by the path of the entrance: APPLE JACK FARM. Up ahead in a distance, was a farmhouse that looked more like a corporate building. There were numbers of workers here outside the farm. It was hectic. The farm that I loved and have always knew was peaceful, but this was totally the opposite. It felt like it was controlled by a large evil corporation, rather than being nurtured by a family. Where's the love in this farm? Where are the friendly greeters? Where's the peacefulness?

"Where's Apple Jack?" I said to both girls, as we all stood in front of the busy path entrance that leads towards the building.

"I suggest we go inside, she's probably inside waiting for us." Pinkie replied in a standardized tone.

Lyra and I nodded to Pinkie's advice, and casually walked up the path. We were all excited to see Apple Jack once again, at least Lyra and I was. I was pleased that she invited us here. It was also a wonderful day to catch up for lost time. To think that Pinkie's hairstyle and her attitude were the only parts that brought Apple Jack in quizzical attention, Apple Jack would be more surprised to hear what Pinkie has been up to ever since we've parted ways.

As we approached in front of the glass entrance of the building, I pushed the glass door for my entry, followed by Pinkie, then Lyra. The sounds of machinery and the rowdiness from outside had completely transpired to a beautifully played piano in the background as soon as we closed the glass door behind us. We all marveled the vicinity of the room, noticing a lot of futuristic figures that displayed in front of our eyes. There was a big flat screen TV that was mounted on a high wall, a big picture painting of an apple tree, and cross-sectional sofas.

"Hey y'all!"

We all turned to the sound of the voice, and saw Apple Jack, "Hey!" I approached her and closed in a hug. Lyra, with a smile, also accepted a hug from Apple Jack, then Pinkie faintly closed in as well, but had a straight face. Pinkie was always the odd one out at times like these. Pinkie is still held back in thought, and has yet to adapt to the idea of seeing Apple Jack through all these years of absence.

"'Am so glad y'all are here today! Granny won't make it though, but Big Mac and Apple Bloom will be coming later. But ah brought a visitor who ah met a week ago. He actually became our number one customer in the company."

"I can't wait to taste your delicious apples, Apple Jack." Lyra with a grin.

"Well, I'll give y'all a tour! But first ah want y'all to meet mah number one customer.. Follow me, sugarcubes!"

We all followed Apple Jack towards a long hallway, but I was leading Lyra and Pinkie. Lyra held onto Pinkie's arms, muttering words in her ear, "Don't be mean..." Pinkie remained silence throughout our whole walk. As we finally reached the end of the hallway, we immediately arrived at another large visitors room, with a large table that contained various fruits on top right in front of us. There was a broad man in brown suit that marveled in a distance through the window, with hands behind his back.

Apple Jack cleared her throat for his undivided attention, "Tirek, I'd like for you to meet my friends... Sunset, Pinkie, and Lyra."

Tirek turned around, and showed an evil smile to us with a very deep low voice, "Hey, Pleasure to meet you three."

We all gazed at the tall, broad man who had an ape-looking face. I immediately sensed something immoral and dark about this man. The smiles on our faces had diminished in an instant. I deliberately looked at Pinkie and Lyra as a way of expressing to them that this guy is up to no good.

"Well... I'll let y'all get acquainted. Ah gotta check on the cooks to make sure the food is done right." Apple Jack walked the opposite direction, leaving us three in the room with this vicious looking man.

My eyes met his in malevolence as I held the girls back with both my arms from his evil intentions. He let out an evil laugh, that caused a dark magic aura to flicker around his body in an instant, which dissipated in fracture of a second. It was too fast for a naked eye to see, but I was able to visually catch it in slow second. He wasn't going to do anything now, but I'm keeping my eyes peeled because it's only a matter of time that he will start any forms of chaos.