• Published 10th Feb 2016
  • 1,370 Views, 68 Comments

Reality is Magic - ninjintonic



Thirteen years later after my reformation; The battle of the bands; and the Friendship Games, we realized that friendship is not all about apple pie life, candy in the sky, and having sweet desserts at Sugarcube Corner all the time.

  • ...
15
 68
 1,370

Scenario 16: The Harshest of the Harsh

Twilight continued inputting data on her computer with ease of use on the touch screen monitor, which revealed her glimmering fourteen karat engagement ring on her finger. When she had concluded inputting the diagnostic codes, a zone-map of HuManehattan had popped up. She tipped her glasses with a squint at the monitor, and pushed a single key on her keyboard, which caused the map to zoom in to the exact coordinates of a moving-flashing red circle. "This is rather new, what kind of suspicious energy is causing an activity in HuManehattan?" Her curiosity, is of course, very relevant to her skill of research, is all Twilight had ever done her whole life since Friendship Games. She dedicated her life researching on how. How is magic generated. Her theory of magic appearing is because people break the laws of physics. Then her next research of a raising question, is why, which she had never finalized that part of her project for thirteen years.

She focused on the coordinates in the monitor, realizing the corner street sign which brought to her memory. It was the corner street of a beloved bakery that she and her old friends had always dined in. Twilight didn't think in-depth of it because through all her years of hiatus, her old friends probably have moved on with their own life. "I was right all along, I should've followed through with my independent study at Everton." Twilight did cherish the good old times, but she never thought that her friendship would end somewhere along the lines. "Real life got in the way, so I just got too busy for anything."




Cell Phone Rings




As she was still engrossed, she waited for the third ring, then swiftly slid her chair back towards the main computer desk to where her cell phone was placed. She picked up her phone and answered, "Hello?.... Oh hey Rarity what's up?" Twilight and Rarity still maintained their friendship, mainly because they both went to the same university; they were dorm roommates till the day they graduated, with different majors; Ended up having a career at the same city, Cloudsdale. Twilight, being a science researcher; Rarity pursued a career as a fashion designer, and now owns a company that sells top clothing lines. The head of the nuclear laboratory was amazed at Rarity's invention of hydrophobic material on clothes, which led Rarity to be the manufacturer of their lab coats, with that kind of material. "Sure... Donut Joes sounds good for lunch....... Ok..... c yah then.... Bye." Twilight hung up, and turned her cell phone screen off. Rarity had invited Twilight to Donut joes for lunch to discuss the plans for her wedding in two months.

Twilight lived a sporadic lifestyle; In addition to her wedding coming to a close, it was an added workload to her rather, busy work schedule. "If not for Rarity being my Maid of Honor, I wouldn't be able to handle the wedding planning on my own..." Twilight is the number-one organizer in my books, but there were times she needed Rarity. She glanced at her engagement ring once more, which incidentally brought to her mixture of feelings. She has been with her fiancé, Flash Sentry, for many years. But ever since he proposed to her, it left her in state of ambivalence whether she's making the right choice to marry him, or not.

Twilight printed out the zone map coordinates of where the flashing red dot was shown on one of her monitors, so that she can bring it along with her to lunch with Rarity. Twilight pressed a single key on her main computer keyboard, which caused the rest of the computers that cycled around her, to perform on sleep mode. She casually grabbed her purse from the main desk, and made her exit of the lab terminal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SWEET APPLES REGIONAL HOSPITAL - 3:03 PM, SAME DAY



With Granny Smith's health condition getting well, she was transferred to another hospital room. Granny was able to perform light exercises without any form of restriction during her hospital stay. That being said, she'll be freely discharged the following day.

With our day to day visit, Pinkie and I couldn't make it this time of the day due to our work schedule. However, Lyra was able to go and visit. She brought along some flowers and balloons that titled: Get Well.

"Hey guys!" Lyra, with a bright smile, entered Granny's hospital room that brought Granny Smith in cheerful-surprise. Granny laid on her electrical hospital bed, her body slightly ascended in an obtuse angle, with white blanket that covered half her body. Apple Jack was also there, who sat beside her on a visitor's chair. She was ecstatic to hear the news that her grand mother will be released tomorrow morning.

They were in the middle of watching a WNBA interview of Rainbow Dash, and how she's not going to play for the whole season because of her injury. Lyra casually placed the gifts on a table trolley near Granny Smith, then approached a hug to her, and Apple Jack. They all remained a smile at one another, and Lyra inspected Granny Smith, "How you feelin' Granny? You're looking really well today."

Granny Smith nodded in confidence as she surely can't wait to get out of the hospital, "Ah sure am, sweet cakes!"

"That's nice to hear." Lyra turned to Apple Jack, who looked happy as well, "How are you doing, Apple Jack?"

Apple Jack tipped her hat with a smile, "Doing good! You just missed Apple Bloom and Big Mac... They were just here twenty-minutes ago."

"Oh... It's alright." Lyra plopped herself on a chair next to Apple Jack, then continued, "Pinkie Pie and Sunset Shimmer are still at work, so thought I came here for a quick visit since I finished early."

Granny Smith contorted, and shook her head, "You didn't really have to... I'm going home tomorrow anyway."

Lyra looked at the TV above her that's mounted on a high wall, watching the interview of Rainbow Dash, who is literally in tears explaining how and what went wrong during her time of the injury. Apple Jack grimaced at the TV, "Ya know what... Ah really don't get why RD allow herself to be interviewed like this in front of the camera."

Granny Smith squinted at the TV and agreed with Apple Jack, followed by a bark of laughter, "You said it, it must be killing her to see her team losing by a sizable margin, have y'all seen the highlights? Them team are no longer number one... They're at tenth place..."

Apple Jack and Lyra slack-jawed at the idea of Granny Smith watching basketball. They were astounded.

Lyra, still in a state of bewilderment, "Granny, you like basketball?"

"Ah sure do, sugarcube, ah remember playing with mah cousins while waiting for mah pie to finish baking in the oven. It was a timed game for us back in the day. We didn't mind breaking off a sweat when we had to devour them tasty apple pies, mah dear."

Lyra and Apple Jack shrugged at each other to Granny's words, and just went along with it.

The silence had filled in, with the exception of persistent sniffling words of Rainbow Dash on TV, Lyra cleared her throat to break off the silence, "So Apple Jack, are we going to see each other again after tomorrow?"

Apple Jack was still engrossed at the TV, then turned to Lyra with a blissful response of question, "Why'd you ask?"

"Oh.. It's just... We haven't seen each other since high school, I thought it would be a good idea to catch up, ya know.."

Apple Jack let out a faint grin, and continued watching the TV. Lyra expected words of response, rather than absorbing her expression of uncertainty. Lyra had more questions to ask, but didn't allow herself to, not without me and Pinkie present. Therefore had neglected the question, at least just for another day.

As Granny Smith was engrossed at the TV, Lyra asked, "So, what's the agenda when you get home, Granny? I sure hope you don't over do yourself... You don't want to get a relapse.."

Granny balanced her eyeballs from the TV to Lyra, "Oh honey, you know ah just can't do nothing, the doctor told me to do some light exercises. Routine cleaning of mah house is something ah have in mind..."

Lyra with a grin, "We'll visit you some time, Granny..."

"Aw, that's very nice of you sweetums, let me know in advance so ah can make some delicious apple crumble pie."

Lyra's eyes widened. Any recipe that Granny Smith makes that consisted of apples, it's always a delectable treat. Apple Crumble sounded really good to Lyra which caused a loud growl in her stomach, "Oops... I skipped lunch during work today." Followed by a cute chuckle.

Apple Jack chuckled with Lyra, "Sugarcube, there's some snacks here... None of us are going to eat 'em." Apple Jack leaned forward from the tip of her chair, reaching out a couple of bags of chips from the trolley table, "Here.. Us, Apple Family, always made sure your full to your heart's content."

Lyra kindly accepted one of the bags of chips and held it on her lap, "Thanks.."

"Don't mention it." Apple Jack sat back comfortably on her chair.

Lyra ripped the bag of chips from both ends to an open, then a scent of sour cream and onion flavor dispersed from it. She grabbed a chip and took a crunching bite.

Apple Jack and Lyra weren't really close friends and only knew little about each other; Lyra being a Lyre teacher and Apple Jack owning an apple farm of her own in Appleloosa. Through Apple Jack's inquiring mind, Lyra was never a part of the HuMane Seven and yet is very close to both me and Pinkie as if we were family. Apple Jack dangled one of her crossed legs, and let out an expression to Lyra with an eagerness of question, "So Lyra... What have y'all been doing lately?"

Lyra ate her chip on second bite, "Oh you know... Just the normal stuff... Work, dodging bullets, the whole shebang..."

Apple Jack raised her eyebrow followed by a single nod, "Dodging bullets?... Hmmm... Oookay, Well umm, ah was thinking... Y'all and Granny Smith should come over this Saturday."

"Aw that's sweet of you, I'll keep that in mind." Granny Smith asserted.

Lyra let out a grin, "That would be nice, I'll tell Pinkie and Sunset about it." As taking a second chip out of the bag and ate it.

"It's going to be fun. It would also be a good time to catch up." Apple Jack concluded.

Lyra liked the idea of Apple Jack inviting us over to her farm on Saturday, which was perfect because coincidentally, the three of us are off that day. It was indeed a good time to catch up. Lyra folded the chip bag close, and placed it in her purse, "Guys, as much as I hate to say it, but I gotta go before it gets dark. Sunset had set a curfew for me and Pinkie..."

Apple Jack and Granny Smith contorted at my idea, and little did they know why. Lyra had to keep it to herself and prevented herself from revealing the truth, and altered the subject, "Sunset worries a lot about me and Pinkie... That's all..."

"Aww, ah think that's sweet." Granny Smith with a grin.

Apple Jack nodded, also with a grin, "Sunset sure is a princess at heart, just like ol' time."

Lyra, with a short state of thought, "...Yes... She cares for us a lot...." Lyra's eyes looked like it was about to burst in tears, but held back. Apple Jack's words made her uneasy when she thought about my curse. Lyra knows she may not be of great help, but when it comes to me and Pinkie, she absolutely gives her all.

"What's wrong, sugarcube?" Apple Jack questioned.

Lyra casually ascended from her seat, "Oh it's nothing... I'll talk to Sunset and Pinkie about this Saturday." Lyra approached near Granny Smith to close in a hug with words, "..And you.. Feel better.. Hope to see you Saturday, ok?"

"I'll try, honey bun, thanks for the flowers and the balloons, you better be careful on your way home." Both Granny and Lyra partied from their hug, then turned to Apple Jack to give one to her also.

As they parted from their hug, "Thanks again for visiting. Give mah regards to Pinkie and Sunset..." Apple Jack tipped her hat, followed by a wink and a single nod.

"Will do." Lyra grabbed a hold of her purse, then started carrying it on her shoulder. Lyra waved a good bye to Granny and Apple Jack, then exited out the hospital room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DONUT JOES, CLOUDSDALE - 3:03 PM, SAME DAY




Donut Joes branch in Cloudsdale is set up differently than HuManehattan. The HuManehattan branch was rather, rowdy and busy; On the contrary, Cloudsdale Donut Joes' atmosphere had a professional feel and had a classical music background, which Rarity came to adore. It was quiet, but goes without saying that Rarity was the loudest one there. Twilight and Rarity sat across from each other in a booth, discussing Twilight's wedding plans, while enjoying their Boston Cream Donuts.

"Darling, it would be absolutely stunning to see Pony Tones to sing at the reception." Rarity took a sip of her cup of iced-green tea.

Twilight chuckled, "Rarity, I think having the Pony Tones at my wedding is a little too standard for me... Ok?" Twilight then took a bite of her donut.

"Twilight... Honey... Nothing is too standard when it comes to weddings, plus, have you heard them lately?"

"Well... No..."

"Oh word... lemme show you."

Rarity unzipped her purse unveiling her Saddlesung Galaxy 7, which brought Twilight in a state of enviousness because she had always wanted one ever since it was newly released. It was the same kind of phone that Vinyl Scratch has, but it's in rose gold color. Twilight focused on Rarity's new cell phone, "Hey Rarity, I already know what I want for my wedding gift." followed by a grin and a bite of her donut.

Rarity turned her cell phone on, then began swiping through her phone screen to search for the YouTube app, "Yes darling, what is it?" she tapped on the YouTube app to launch it.

"I want your phone." Twilight, with a smirk.

"Sure! Why don't you grab one at Best Buy, mention my name, and they'll give it to you free of charge in exchange for seven-hundred dollars." Rarity responded sarcastically.

Twilight shook her head with a snort of laughter.

Rarity ran a search on a YouTube app, Pony Tones, then showed results of variety of videos. Rarity tapped on the first video that stream buffered for about a second or two, and leaned forward from her side of the booth to show Twilight. As the video played, Twilight watched a choir group of four singers who sang in perfect A cappella. In Twilight's thought, It was an upbeat tune, perfectly made for every occasion. "Maybe having the Pony Tones in my wedding isn't bad after all..." Twilight smiled throughout the whole video, "OH Rarity... That was so cute." Rarity leaned back towards her side of the booth, and placed her cell phone down by her side of the table, and continued sipping her tea.

"Told ya."

"I also have an idea.. The bridesmaids and groomsmen can do some kind of dance performance at the reception."

Rarity shook her head with lowered eyebrows after sipping her iced-green tea from a straw, "Darling... I think that is rather uncouth. We'd be frowned upon.."

"I wouldn't think so..."

"Whatever you say, it's your wedding.." With short silence, Rarity continued, but in a low voice, "..But Twilight, I have a question..."

"Yeah?" Twilight took a sip of her tea.

"How do you feel about inviting them?" As Rarity took a bite of her donut.

"Who?"

"Oh Twilight.. You know... The girls..."

Twilight tucked her palm under her cheek, and delayed back in words, "...I really don't know how to answer that, Rarity. Care to venture an answer? As my Maid of Honor?"

"No... As your best friend, this would be a decision that you must make. If you feel it's the right thing to do since they were a big part of our lives, then go right on ahead, darling. But if you feel awkward inviting them because we haven't seen them for so long, that's fine too. Just do what you think is right. It's the best advice I can give you."

Twilight folded her arms with a grin, "You really have all the answers, do ya.."

"I try."

Twilight has not thought it through about the rest of her remaining HuMane Seven friends. In this moment of time, Twilight thought it was a wise idea not to invite them after all. She knew it was partly herself to blame for the plummet of their friendship, and It would just stir things up. It's her wedding, which will only happen once. Therefore, Twilight has decided not to take that risk.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

GRAMPA GUFF PUB, HUMANEHATTAN - 10:02 PM, SAME NIGHT




It was another quaint night at the pub, smoggy as usual. The atmosphere was mildly crowded, and the place reeked with cigarettes. Skeptical crowds hung out here at this time of the night, usually biker gangs who played pool, darts, or plainly just enjoying a cold beer. Trenderhoof always sat by the bar on the same stool, almost every night after work. It was to the point that him and the bartender became buddies and shared personal life stories. The bartender goes by the name of Jeff Letrotski, or Jeff for short. He had long brown hair with goatee, and had been working in this pub for quite a while just to earn his living. Trenderhoof usually comes for a relaxing cold beer, but instead, had decided to take a different turn for tonight, taking a couple of shots of the 'old man's' drink, while watching TV of another WNBA game on a mounted-high wall, which Team Canterlot is losing again by a lot to another team called 'Hemoglobin Trotters'.

"Hey man, you should come here tomorrow night, there a lot of hot girls that come here and hang out. When I say hot, I mean booty-twerking hot, man." As Jeff picked up an empty shot glass and began cleaning it with a cloth.

Trenderhoof paused himself from watching the TV, and turned to Jeff the bartender, "Intriguing as it sounds, but thanks... I gotta meet up with somebody tomorrow.." Trenderhoof pointed out his own empty shot glass as a cue for a refill of whisky.

Jeff casually pours the shot glass, "Oh? What's the business this time, man?"

Trenderhoof picked up his shot glass, "It's none of your business, buddy." As he drank his whisky shot, he placed it, which produced a loud tap, on the counter-top.

Jeff casually pours another, "Oh c'mon, man... You always come here, it's only fair enough to share some of your stories, man."

"I tell you almost everything, but this time, I can't share this one."

"Whatever man, but whatever made you switch from a cold beer to a whisky.... I know you're up to something, man. I ain't going against your will, but I'm just sayin'. One day, I might see you on the news."

Trenderhoof let out a bark of laughter combined with a smirk, "Buddy, I appreciate your concern, but if I do end up in jail, then I must be doing my job."

"Nah man, it's not my concern. I'm just looking at the dark side of things. If you go to jail, then what hell, you're in jail... But if not, then I guess..."

Trenderhoof interrupted by finishing Jeff's sentence, "It means I did my job regardless...." He drank his last shot of whisky, and placed it on the counter-top, upside down. Trenderhoof continued, "Anyway, thanks for drink... I gotta wake up early tomorrow... Work sucks." He ascended from his stool chair, and tossed his money on the counter.

Jeff replied with laughter, "I thought I vaguely hear you say life sucks, 'cause I can totally relate to that, man."

As Trenderhoof was about to make his exit, "Got that right, take it easy man."

"Yeah man, you too." Jeff continued wiping the counter table.

Trenderhoof made his exit out the door from the pub, then it suddenly began raining, "Just my night..." He sighed heavily, but continued walking through the night of the rain. As the sound of raindrops hitting the ground, it combined with an increasing sound of footsteps that was creeping behind him. Trenderhoof swung around, and saw a shadowy figure of a man standing from a distance through the night, followed by a crash of thunder and lightning from the night cloudy sky.

The shadowy figured man continued walking through the street puddles to Trenderhoof's direction and shouted words supervening an echo, "Trenderhoof! I know you have something that belongs to me! and I want it!"

Trenderhoof lowered his eyebrows and squinted to visualize the man in shadows. His disarranged face finally became vivid as he stepped through a single glaring lamp post light, Trenderhoof with a smirk, "I heard a lot about you, Wind Rider."

"Yeah? There's plenty more from what you hear." Wind Rider suddenly disappeared from where he stood.

Trenderhoof was in a state of confusion, but at the same time, remained vigilant through the dark rainy night, Trenderhoof's rush of adrenaline began rushing through his veins, and his eyes haphazardly focusing his dark surroundings. Trenderhoof began breathing heavily and let out badgering words in a loud voice, "Wind Rider, you know this is not the way! Just come out and we can discuss this!"

A sound of 'swoosh' had passed across Trenderhoofs direction, that suddenly brought him down to a prone position on puddles of water. He was still conscious, but ran his fingertips through the blemishes of blood on his lip. He compelled in determination, and wobbled himself up on both feet once again. Wind Rider still remained invisible through the dark, right after a fast swing of punch that nearly knocked out Trenderhoof in incredible speed. Trenderhoof, in a loud voice again, "That was a cheap shot! Why don't you just come out and face me!" Wiping the blood off his lips.

Another sound of 'swoosh' had passed across Trenderhoof, but only this time, he was quick enough to grip Wind Rider's wrist. With Wind Rider's fist cut short few inches away from his face, Trenderhoof smirked, "You're fast, but not that fast." Trenderhoof swayed Wind Rider's arms away for an open hit to deliver a side elbow swing to Wind Rider's cheekbone, which caused him to be staggered, then followed through with a thrust of kick to his abdomen, and made him falter down on puddles of water. While Wind Rider was down, Trenderhoof hastily approached him, crouching down on one knee, then grabbed him by his collar, and delivered numerous punches to his face, "What you got man?!"

The last punch by Trenderhoof, nearly had Wind Rider. Wind Rider then launched a side kick to Trenderhoof's right rib, which caused him to grasp for air. Wind Rider instantaneously rose up from the puddles of water, and screamed with rage while his fist was clenched, readied for a punch, "Arrghhhh!!" A strong straight jab by Wind Rider completely knocked Trenderhoof unconscious. Trenderhoof's body trembled, and fell straight to the ground in supine position. With Wind Rider's face already in disarray, there's only so much that can be done to it, and his face was covered in blood, As the same for Trenderhoof. Wind Rider limped closely to Trenderhoof's body, then pulled out a hand-gun from his backside, pointing it at Trenderhoof with muttering words, "You ain't getting away with this..." Wind Rider's finger was set on the trigger, all he had to do was pull it, and the show is over, but hesitated. He was still in his tensed state, but had decided not to kill Trenderhoof tonight because he may still be useful in the near future. After all, he has the keys to the powerful magic that contained in those ripped pages, but is now on Tirek's hands. Wind Rider hid his hand-gun on his back, and muttered with words once again in a standardized tone, "Lucky bastard, I'll send you to hell another time, and I won't hold back." The crash of thunder reverberated afterwards, followed by a lightning through the cloudy dark sky. Wind Rider limped through the opposite direction on a very rainy night, leaving Trenderhoof behind, who remained unconscious on the ground.