• Published 11th Jun 2012
  • 1,548 Views, 83 Comments

Internal Darkness - Silver Sorcerer



All the Magic, mystery, and murder a pony can ask for in the gleaming spires of Canterlot. Enjoy!

  • ...
10
 83
 1,548

Prologue

Disclaimer: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and all associated characters, settings and stories are the rightful subjects of Hasbro, the HUB, Studio B, and Lauren Faust. This literature is fair use of a Copyrighted Work protected under Section 107 of the Copyright Act of 1976.

Overture: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyaG7QE30Cg

Prologue

Dear Princesses Celestia and Luna,

Thou hast thought that thou hast seen and heard the last of me from generations past, but I pray tell thou that I have not been destroyed as thou hast so pretended to thee and Pony-kind. I am very much alive, powerful, and ready to strike thou at any-time. The moment thou hast feared for so long is nearly before thee and thou arest lucky enough to make a decision in thy matter.

This is my final warning to thee. Flee Equestria forever or suffer thy greatest consequence. Should thou flee, Pony-kind shall not be harmed and shall be ruled with the responsibility and fairness of a wise ruler. Should thee remain, the greatest consequence of which thouest does know will befall to thee and Pony-kind. Thou hast until the final resting of the sun and moon on the final day of winter to decide.

Your Faithful Enemy,
R.B.

Princesses Celestia and Luna stared at the letter with expressions of fear and confusion. This was no ordinary piece of mail. Its words were dark; it’s author even darker. They both felt a sense of dark magic that permeated from the letter. Even before it had been opened, Celestia knew that this was no ordinary matter for the letter had been sealed with red wax and monogrammed with the letters R and B to signify the acronym of the author they had not heard from in more than a thousand years.

Princess Celestia was more inquisitive and confused than fearful, and ran through her memories to find the identity of this mysterious author and his plans for her and her sister. ‘I know it’s in here somewhere,’ Celestia thought as she ran through her memory banks putting her hoof to her forehead, ‘I just don’t know where’.

Princess Luna stared at the letter with a similar expression, and began examining it. It had been written on aged parchment using a quill and fine ink. The cursive was flawless; each letter had been delicately placed and perfected and every sentence flowed into the next. The language of the text was written in the “Royal-We”, something Luna was very familiar with. Clearly the mysterious author wanted to make sure his message was crystal clear. Had it not been for the dark message within its inked text, Luna would regard this letter as one of the best examples of Old Equestrian calligraphy.

“Sister,” Luna calmly stated, “this letter frightens me.”

“It frightens me too Luna,” Celestia responded.

“What does it mean?”

“I can’t say.”

“Surely, you must know what it means. You’ve been ruling Equestria much longer than I have and have faced a long line of threats.”

“Yes, but there was only one time where I actually….” Celestia’s voice trailed off as she suddenly knew the identity of this mysterious offer. “Luna, that’s it!” she shouted.

“Wh…Wha…What’s it?” Luna stammered, frightened by her sister’s outburst.

“I know who this author is and I need your help to find him and stop him.” Celestia exclaimed as she rushed off away from the throne room.

“What must I do?” Luna yelled after her sister, galloping to catch up with her. Celestia didn’t hear Luna as her mind ran through everything she knew about the mysterious author and the memories surrounding them. She didn’t slow down for a second despite her sister struggling to keep up until she reached the doors of the library. Waiting for her sister to catch up and catch her breath, Celestia looked at her sister with fierce and determined eyes.

“To answer the questions that you have, sister, we best spend our time gathering as much knowledge as we can about our ‘faithful enemy’. It’s time we revisited our past and learned the lessons that it has to teach us.” Celestia then pushed opened the doors and Luna quietly followed entering the darkness of the library. Checking the hallway to see if anypony other than the royal guards had seen them, Celestia stated to the royal guards stationed outside the library, “Princess Luna and I do not wish to be disturbed under any circumstances unless it involves a direct threat to National Security.” The guards silently nodded and bowed to the Princess, after which she closed the library doors, determined to spend as much time possible learning about her “faithful enemy”, Red-Blood.