• Published 7th Feb 2016
  • 396 Views, 7 Comments

Shadows of the Bloodmoon - Shadowcorn



Twilight Sparkle witnessed a mysterious mist moving through the city, followed by a pair of red eyes and a black light. Celestia is haunted by dreams which are non. And there are always those words. Coincidence? The answer is a shocking one.

  • ...
 7
 396

Chapter 9: Canterlot under attack

It was night. Shadowcorn and his boys stood on a cliff and looked down on Canterlot.

“The first ritual.“, Shadowcorn said.+

Duncan nodded and draw some symbols into the air. When he finished they began spinning around his horn. Duncan pointed towards Shadowcorn, Flo, Roy and Tobi. The circle of symbols became smaller until it touched the top of Duncan’s horn. A small light went out of it. Thin, transparent string of light extended from the light and touched the horn of everyone Duncan pointed at.

“The second.“, Shadowcorn said.

Duncan drew symbols into the air again. But this time two equal symbols each until there were two equal circles of symbols. Each of them floated into one of his eyes but nothing happened.

“Good. The preparations are finished. Let us remember the plan now: Flo and Tobi, you two will attack Canterlot. And don’t forget: It’s JUST a diversion! No serious damage and some bad shots! But don’t underestimate them! According to Discorn an alicorn is guarding the night and with the rainbow magic-user it’s even more difficult. Regardless: no Mine Crash, Tobi! Hold back your little satistic part completly! This mission shall go with minor damage! And Flo: If you two get overwhelmed, forget your despretness of completing a mission and retreat with Tobi into the Void. Duncan, you will tell us what is going one with the Telepathie-Ritual and the X-Ray-Vision-Ritual. If someone discorvers you, retreat immediatly. I know you don’t like fighting but I also know that you feel bad retreating without permission. And lastly: Roy and I will get the thing in the castles vault. But stay with me! I know how much you like it to discover terretory you haven’t discovered yet but this is enemy terretory. After the bloodmoon the day after tomorrow you’ll have an entire world to discover so hold yourself back today and tomorrow. After we got it everyone will be gone! Did everyone understood?“, Shadowcorn asked.

The others nodded.

“Good. Then let’s get started with Operation Power-Up!“

Flo and Tobi disappeared in a portal while Shadowcorn and Roy flew onto the roof of the castle silently.


Princess Luna looked through her binoculars which stood on a bar on the balcony of her room. This binoculars were no ordenary ones. They were magical. With them she could look over all of Equestria. Suddendly a bright light appeared on her left site some meters away from the balcony. As she looked into that direction she saw Flo and Tobi flying towards the castle. Somehow she was a bit confused. Not only because they flew easaly spottable but also because she wasn’t used to the existence of male alicorns. The last one she saw thousands of years ago. Shortly before Terror…The explosion pulled her out of her thoughts. The two didn’t want to intrude, they attacked! Flo fired with magical blasts while Tobi bombarded the castle with magical balls. Luna rebucked herself for not attacking them immediatly and loosing herself into her thoughts. Loudly she shouted:

“EVERYPONY ON FIGHTING POSTITIONS! WE ARE UNDER ATTACK!“

Some guards were there already. Pegaside flew towards the two just to fall down hit by a blast or frozen into ice. Unicorns shot at them with magical blasts but the attackers dodged them and fired back. Since the earth ponys were useless against flying enemies they ran around getting other guards. Luna flew into battle herself. She fired with one blast at them which got answered by a rain of magical balls by the attackers.


“Your highness! We are under attack!“, a guard called out.

It took some time until Cadance understood the meaning of the message. She opened her eyes fast and jumped on her hooves. The guard was gone already. Shining Armor got it by now, too. He came on his hooves quckly. Together they ran out of their room and through the corridors of Canterlot Castle. Yesterday they arrived to help with the preparations for the arrestment of Shadowcorn and his henchmen. And now an attack on Canterlot! The two didn’t thought it would be a calm time but they didn’t thought there would be a battle! Since both her and Shining Armor were still very tired they didn’t really know where they were going. So it was no suprise when they collided with somepony while passing crossroad of corridors.

“Excuse me.“, Cadance said while holding her head.


Duncan didn’t have to tell him. Shadowcorn knew from the explosion that Flo and Tobi started their attack. His horn glew brown. A big hole appeared in the wall he and Roy flew in front of. They entered the castle through the hole unnoticed. No pony was on the corridor. Shadowcorn wasn’t suprised at all. Flo and Tobi attacked the castle on the other side of it. This was as far away from the fight as possible. They began running through the corridors. The whole time they didn’t met anyone. But while passing a crossroad of corridors Shadowcorn with somepony. A bright voice said:

“Excuse me.“

“My bad.“, Shadowcorn replied before noticing with who he collided.

He looked into the suprised eyes of Princess Cadance. The two jumped away from each other immediatly.

“What do you want here, Shadowcorn?!“, she asked him while loading a magical beam.

“That’s not your buissness, your highness!“, Shadowcorn called out and dodged the first blast.

Shining Armor wanted to enter the battle, too but Roy hold him off. Meanwhile Cadance bombarded Shadowcorn with magical blasts. While dodging Shadowcorn thought:

“Damm it! I’m not used to fight in small space!“

He looked around himself. Suddendly he noticed some loose bricks in a wall.

“Perfect!“, he thought.

His horn glew brown. The stones flew out of the wall in the direction of Cadance who manged to dodge. But threough the small space Shadowcorn knew already where she would jumped to. When she turned to him again she got frozen.

“CADANCE!“, Shining Armor shouted.

Roy used this distraction to freeze him, too.

“Finally!“, Shadowcorn said reliefed.

“The vault is beneath you!“, Duncan told them.

“Good.“, Shadowcorn said.

His horn glew brown again. Big holes appeared in the floors beneath them. He and Roy just had to fly down to the vault. The holes closed themself behind them. After they landed they saw what they came for in front of them.

“We have to retreat! We get overwhelmed! And those rainbow magic-users are here!“, Flo reported.

“Do it. You, too, Duncan! We’ll get it quickly and follow you into the Void!“, Shadowcorn ordered.

He drew some symbols into the air. They spread across the room. Every kind of voice stopped. Then he took what they came for, opened a portal and walked through it, followed by Roy.