• Published 7th Feb 2016
  • 396 Views, 7 Comments

Shadows of the Bloodmoon - Shadowcorn



Twilight Sparkle witnessed a mysterious mist moving through the city, followed by a pair of red eyes and a black light. Celestia is haunted by dreams which are non. And there are always those words. Coincidence? The answer is a shocking one.

  • ...
 7
 396

Chapter 6: Through the eyes of the enemy

Chapter 6: The enemies point of view

Flo walked silently through the corridors. Like always he kept both of his eyes open for guards. He just broke into Canterlot Castle unnoticed. When he heard other hoovesteps he pressed himself against the wall. Five Guards passed the corridor he was in. Without noticing him.

“Five? Five Guards? I thought it would only be 2 at a time! Damm it Tobi! Why did you use the Mind Crash! Now they see us as a threat!“, he thought.

He walked into the direction the guards came from. He pressed himself against the wall when five more guards passed him.

“I will speak some words with you when I’m back. He told you dozends of times: You are not allowed to use the Mind Crash!“, he continued thinking.

This time he continued walking in the direction he walked before until he took another corridor to his right. At its end there was a big room with some stairs going downwards and a door in front of the stairs. Above the door there was a sign reading:

‘Great Library of Canterlot ‘

Three guards guarded it.

“Damm it. You really screwed up. They know even phase 2 of our plan! I could have defeated two before any of them could have activated the alarm. But three? I ain’t fast enough for that.“, Flo thought.

His horn was surrounded by a black light.

“Maybe I should…No. That would cause unwanted attention. Looks like I have to use a little course. I hope no pony notices me.“

Now his horn shone in a yellow light. He painted different symbols into the air using his horn, every symbol three times. The symbols shrunk and began floating around his horn until there were three circels of different symbols surrounding it. He pointed at the guards with his horn. The circels flew towards the guards‘ heads unnoticed. When they touched their heads, the guards opened their eyes and mouthes to the maximal extent. But no sound came out of them. Flo jumped into the room and used his ice-magic to freeze the three guards.

“Don’t worry. Your eyesight and voices will return in a few hours.“, he thought while he passed the guards entering the library.

In the library he looked through different books and put some into a bag: One about ancient cultures, one about unexplained buildings in Equestria and one about protection spells. While looking through the books he wondered howmany diffrent topics there were. From abnormal beings to zyclop goates everything was covered. After one hour he was finished and looked for the exit.

“Good job. Nearly finished. Now we only need the last one of Starswirls ‘Bloodmoon‘-books, the one about abondand castles in Equestria and the one dealing with spells sourounding nature. If he wouldn’t have been caught there would be only one left. Oh well two librarys are left. Although if Tobi wouldn’t have got cought I wouldn’t have seen a complete castle from the inside. I wonder how many ponys it takes to make it look as freh as it looks like at the moment?“

Flo was so much lost in his thoughts that he didn’t noticed what was going on in front of the door. He didn’t realaze it until some pony called out for him:

“Hey, you there! Stand down! You’re under arrest!“


Twilight and her friends came into Canterlot on their own. They could came in their unnoticed. Twilight had a strange feeling. And even if it was just a feeling, this way they could check out how good Canterlot’s protection is. Twilight was already exited writting a report. In her own castle Spike did the guarding. Up until now no guard noticed them. They didn’t see many guards at all.

“Maybe they do a lunch break in the evening?“, Pinkie Pie suggested.

“Or the intruder did something with them.“, Apple Jack guessed.

“I hope we will meet him or her. I want to give him or her a left hoove, a right hoove and then lock him down myself.“, Rainbow Dash said.

“Maybe someone should get the princesses.“, Fluttershy said.

“Wait!“, Twilight suddendly called out and stopped.

“Did you see someone, Darling?“, Rarity asked.

“That’s the point! I didn‘t! Normally there should be a light to be seen! On the left side there is the entrance to the library. In front of it there should be 2 unicorn and one earthpony or pegasite guard. They have direct order from both princesses to stay on their posts until THEY are under attack. And their only reason to leave is to alarm every pony. But look around! Everything is dark. Be ready girls. I’m afraid my bad feeling wasn’t just a feeling.“

Quietly they walked around the corner. Twilight with a light spell at the front. Applejack and Rainbow Dash were the next one, ready to attack the prpably-intruder. After them there was Rarity with a light spell, too. Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie were the last. They were highly suprised by what they saw. The guards stood on their posts. But frozen. The door leading to the library stood open. The six friends took a closer look at the frozen guards.

“No doubt. An ice-spell. That means elementary magic. And that means…“

She turned her head towards the entrance. A big pony with cape and light spell walked towards the entrance.

“Well, this guy is propably crazy.“, she thought.

She called out for him loudly:

“Hey, you there! Stand down! You’re under arrest!“

The figure stopped, turned around and flet.

“Not the braves tone, is he?“, Rainbow Dash mocked and began chasing him together with Applejack.

“Yes…Strange…You will follow the intruder! I will alarm Canterlot security!“, Twilight commanted.

Fluttershy wanted to ask whether she could be the one alarming Canterlot security but Twilight was gone already. So she, Rarity and Pinkie Pie began chasing after the intruder, too.


When six ponys stood in front of him Flo immeadiatly noticed that he was too sure of himself. Even if they didn’t wear amor they propably had a very good reason to not run away. So Flo did it for them. He turned around and run into the book dshungle.

“Damm it. You critized Tobi for doing it and now you do it yourself.“, he critized himself in his head while running through the shelfs without destination.

He heard his pursuer already. Thanks to his long legs he was able to run fast but when he turned around his head he noticed a fast pegasis.

“Looks like I have to make a way for me myself.“, Flo thought while running towards a wall he knew had only one side facing towards the inside of the castle.

Suddendly a pink earthpony appeared in front of him and said:

“Hi. My name is Pinkie Pie. What’s your name?“

With big eyes he looked at her – and crashed into the wall. When he managed to get up and turn around he noticed that he was surrounded.

“You are surrounded. Stand down. Now.“, an earthpony with cowboy head demanded.

“Huh. You wish.“, Flo thought.

His horn glew. A prepared a magical blast and fired. But in the same moment he turned his head towards the wall. The blast destroyed the wall behind him. Shortly afterwards he jumped through the smoke into open air.

“Is he crazy?! This is the 4th floor!“, one of his pursuers called out.

But Flo wasn’t crazy. He rolled around himself in the air until he landed on the ground on his hooves unharmed. He looked up. His pursuers stood their with wide open mouthes. They were speechless. That was funny for him, but he didn’t laugh. It took him years of training to master this little trick. He hoped for this moment to come for a long time. But his happyness was ended when he noticed that he was surrounded by light spells. At least 50 unicorn guards surrounded him.

“Really? Are you kidding me?“, Flo thought.

His pursuers managed to get down, too. They and the unicorn guards closed in. Flo raised his horn. Big rockes came out of the ground and surrounded him. They gave him protection and time to think. Suddendly magical blasts destroyed the rocks. Flo looked up, ready to blast the ponys who did this out of the air – and froze! Three alicorns flew towards him!

“Stand.Down.NOW!“, a big white alicorn demanded.

Flo turned his head nervously, nearly afraid, to judge the room between himself and his enemys. The he pinched his eyes together and used the emergency spell: The Black Light Spell. He heard how one of the alicorns called out:

“GET HIM! HE IS DOING IT AGAIN!“

But he already managed to create the Orb of total Darkness, a giant round space looking like an orb from the distance which was made out of the black light and could darken everything into absolute darkness for a period of time. It even manged to absorb sound for a short time. No light spell was of any use against it. You felt if you would be blind. Only those able to use this spell could see in this absolute darkness. Flo never cared for the how. For hi mit was funny to see other ponys running around and trying to find him while crashing into each other and calling out they would have found him. Thanks to this darkness Flo was able to escape unnoticed. If he continued holding the spell up the time until the Orb disappears wouldn’t be running until he left the Orb. But it wasn’t easy to hold it up for an amount of time. The Orb uses a lot of magic powers and every normal pony would be exhausted in minutes. So he flet fast. The enemys wouldn’t believe their eyes when the darkness disappears all at once and he would be suddendly gone, too.
He didn’t stop running until he entered the ruins of the castle standing in the middle of a forest called ‘The Everfree Forest‘. The sun was rising already. He entered the throne room and turned his head around. A silent dark mist came out of an espacially dark hallway, followed by a pair of red glowing eyes and a dark voice.

“You are late, Flo. That’s unusual for you. I was worried, you perfectionized Tobis mistake. What happened?“, the voice with the eyes forming the head of a pony asked calmly.

Flo walked towards it. He stopped right in front of the mist, looked fearless into the eyes and stepped on the floor multiple times with his back hooves as if he would wanted to do a tap dancing. The red eyes wided themself.

“3 ALICORNS?! IMPOSSIBLE! I thought I had…“, the voice started to say but then saw Flo looking nerviously. Instead of ending what he wanted to say he said to Flo:

“Don’t worry: It doesn’t matter how many alicorns there are, no pony at all will stand in our way. The circle is closing itself. The end is near. And with the end we will have our revenge on the kingdom for what they did to us. But until this day comes we will return into the shadows.“
Flo and the eyes vanished in the mist and the mist vanished into the dark of the hallway.

When the morning sun light met the castle neither the mist nor Flo or the eyes and voice were to be found.