• Published 7th Feb 2016
  • 396 Views, 7 Comments

Shadows of the Bloodmoon - Shadowcorn



Twilight Sparkle witnessed a mysterious mist moving through the city, followed by a pair of red eyes and a black light. Celestia is haunted by dreams which are non. And there are always those words. Coincidence? The answer is a shocking one.

  • ...
 7
 396

Chapter 10: The bloodmoon (Part 1)

It was in the evening. A portal opened itself. Shadowcorn and his boys came out of it. They went into a cave. In the cave it was very dark. Shadowcorn looked up. His horn glew red. A small flame floded towards the ceiling. At the ceiling there was some kind of cord, which became inflammed when the flame touched it. But it didn’t burn out. It continued burning. Throughout the entire tunnel. Everything was now visible. But there wasn’t anything notable. Shadowcorn and his boys walked down the tunnel until they reached a wall. But not any wall: It was the same wall Celestia and Luna dicovered during their childhood! The golden horn and the white wings in the centre of the wall were still visible.

“So it’s true. They really tried to colonize this world. This symbol is the proof.“, Shadowcorn said.

He fired a powerful beam out of his horn destroying the wall. While going through the debris he stated:

“Unfortunatly I hate this symbol.“

The tunnel and the cave it let to were already brightened. Shadowcorn and his boys went to the stairs leading to the arch. Each of their horns began glowing. The cave began shaking. Its ceiling opened itself. The platform with the stairs floated upwards while turning around 180°. After it passed the ceiling, the ceiling closed itself again. The platform landed on it.

“That’s correct, too. Only the elemantry magic of the Ancients is able to lift the Gate. Discorn did an exellent job. We’re really lucky to have him on our side.“, Shadowcorn said with a smile.

He took out a scrole.

“Let’s get started.“

“Not so fast, Shadowcorn!“, a voice called out for him behind him.

Shadowcorn turned around. Out of the sky the four alicorn princesses as well as the two pegasite Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy closed in. On the ground Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, Shining Armor and Guarding Filly arrived. Like the flyer without any guards.

“What in the name of the Ancients! How did you find us?!“, Shadowcorn asked them.

“I have the ability of visions. Some days ago I had a dream of my childhood where I witnessed the bloodmoon. My sister and I also discovered this portal and heard your name that night. At first I didn’t thought much about it but when we thought about your position I remembered again. And since we hadn’t anything better we made a plan to attack you from above. But it looks like you already thought about something like that.“, Celestia said.

“No. I didn’t. But that’s unimportant. You were worthy opponents. That’s why I’ll give you a last chance: Surrander and go away. Now.“

“No. We won’t do that. But since you gave us a chance we’ll return the favor: Don’t do it. You don’t have to.“, Twilight said.

“You have no idea how urgent I have to do this. Since neither we nor you will surrander, I think we have to fight now.“

“You do know that you don’t stand any chance against our rainbow-magic and our friendship?“, Rainbow Dash asked.

The Mane Six transformed into their rainbow forms.

“Normaly I wouldn‘t. But the bloodmoon gives me a power-boost.“, Shadowcorn said.

The Mane Six looked behind him. The bloodmoon rose.

“He doesn’t have to be complete to grand someone the power-boost. But even now I wouldn’t be powerful enough to take you on. But luckily I have THIS.“, Shadowcorn said.

Flo gave him a box.

“Do you talk about…“, Luna began saying.

Then they saw the thing in the box.

“No!“

“That can’t be!“

“Not that!“

With a smile Shadowcorn said:

“Yes. Exactly that. The alicorn-amulett.“

Shadowcorn took the alicorn-amulett out of the box and put it on.

“Yes! I feel it! The power! The amulett has returned to its master! Now I’m twenty times as powerful as usually!“

“You morron! The amulett is dangerous! It will corrupt everyone who waers it! That’s why it was locked up in the vault in Canterlot!“, Celestia shouted.

Shadowcorn started laughing. It sounded dark. While laughing he said:

“No, princess. This piece of jewellery isn’t dangerous or corrupting at all. At least not for alicorns and especially not for me. It isn’t called the ALICORN-amulett just because of the alicorn head and the wings. It was made by an alicorn, the first Shadowcorn, as one of the Seven Holy Relics of the Ancients. After Shadowcorns death it was thought to be lost, even more then the other relics. I have no idea how and why it was hear. This amulett has the ability to increase the power of its user ten times his or her usual capability. To protect it from our arch enemies it was created with a safeguard, the corruption of every non-alicorn using it.“

“But if it increases the power ten times why did you tell us, yours would have been increased twenty times?“, Rarity asked.

“Because Shadowcorn was its inventer. It increases the power of him and everyone with a very similar power twenty times. And that counts only for me. I am a direct decendant from the original Shadowcorn. Like he did, I experimented with the dark magic and discovered powers only he knew before me! One of the reasons why I called myself ‘Shadowcorn‘.“

“Even with those two power-boosts you still have no chance against all of us!“, Twilight called out.

The Mane Six, the other alicorn princesses, Shining Armor and Guarding Filly fired a giant combined magical blast at Shadowcorn.

“We will see!“, Shadowcorn called out and fired an equally big blast at them on his own.

The two blasts colided. They stopped each other.

“It seems we have reached an impass.“, Shadowcorn noticed.

“That’s what YOU think.“, Twilight said.

Shadowcorn saw how his blast began giving in.

“How ist hat possible?!“, Shadowcorn asked.

“We have a magic more powerful then all of yours combined: The magic of friendship!“, Twilight explained.

And Celestia added:

“You should have surrandered. There is so much power we can’t garanty your survival.“

To their suprise Shadowcorn started to laugh.

“Do you really think I would do all of that because I wanted to survive? Well then I have some news for you: My life was over the moment it started! I don’t live for myself. I only live to protect THEM!“, Shadowcorn called out and nodded towards the four alicorns behind him.

“Mine ended long ago but theirs hasn’t really began yet! They are my boys, my family! The only one I have left! It is my duty to protect them! A duty I happily chose to have! I will protect them, even if it will cost me my life! And once I would have done it. We were hunted by soldiers with the order to kill us. With my power back then I couldn’t hold them back. They wanted to capture me and to kill my boys. They fired a powerful magical blasts. I jumped between it and my boys. But it was too powerful. We all would be dead by now if their wouldn’t have been the legendary magic which came to our aid. Only the first Shadowcorn ever unleashed it. You have the magic of friendship? Well I have an even more powerful magic: The magic of family!“, rief Shadowcorn.

Something unbelievable happened: The balance of the blasts which was pushed nearly completly, was pushed towards the defenders of Equestria! There was a short, loud “bang“ and all of them laid defeated on the ground! The world around Twilight became black.
When Twilight awoke she realized that she was trapped in stone. Only her head was free. But her horn was trapped in stone as well. The bloodmoon had risen nearly complete. She turned her head. Everypony else was in the same situation. They awoke, too.
“Awoken already? You can take more then I!“, a voice said behind her.

She couldn’t turn around but she didn’t need to to know that the voice belonged to Shadowcorn. Shortly afterwards he went into her sight.

“Let us go, Shadowcorn!“

“Why should I? So you’ll try to stop me again?! No, thanks. You stay were you are until my revenge against the kingdom is complete! Relax and enjoy the show. You won’t see something like this ever again.“, Shadowcorn said.

He sounded more kind and happier then usual.

“No! We can’t allow you to hurt our kingdom!“, Apple Jack shouted.

Shadowcorn stopped. He turned around and looked at them confused.

“YOUR kingdom? Who said anything about your kingdom?“

Now the equestrians looked at each other confused.

“W-well, you did.“, Twilight said.

At first Shadowcorn and his boys looked at them puzzeled. Then they began to laugh loudly. Shadowcorns horn glew brown. The stone blocks Twilight and her friends were imprisoned in bursted into pieces freeing them. Now the ex-prisoners were confused completly.

“Why did you free us?“, Twilight asked.

“Because our fiendship is based on a missunderstanding. And since I intend to solve this missunderstanding there is no need to be enemies anymore.“

At first the ponies looked at each other confused. Then they sat down. Princess Celestia said:

“Then start solving the missunderstanding.“

“I approve your lack of resistenze. At first you have to now that I’m not from Equestria.“

“You mean you come from another country?!“, Guarding Filly asked.

“Even more far away. What you see behind me is a dimension portal. I’m from another dimension. And I don’t mean The Void. On the world where I was born there are only alicorns as ponys. A whole kingdom to be specific: The Alicorn Empire. Insects, our arch enemies, the multi-headed dragons and we alicorns are the only known living creatures there.“

“Wait a sec: Alicorn EMPIRE?! Didn’t you said it would be a kingdom?!“, Shining Armor asked.

“It is. Alicorn Empire just sounded better then Alicorn Kingdom. In the Alicorn Empire I studied the unknown and forgotten magic and spells. I lived at the edge of a forest as a disowned pony due to my missing tail, an accident in my past as well as my arch enemy, the crown prince, an incompetent idiot like the rest of his puppets. Except the princess and the head commander of the Royal Guard. They are everything but incompetent and just a little bit idiots.“

For a second Twilight thought to see a weak smile on Shadowcorns face. But she quickly forgot it and asked:

“And you and your boys ran away from your dimension because you were disowned?“

“No. Because they wanted to kill us.“, Shadowcorn said.