• Published 1st Feb 2016
  • 614 Views, 6 Comments

Trapped from the Inside - PapyrusPlays



Peri wasn't prepared for what she wanted. But she recieved what she truly needed.

  • ...
6
 6
 614

Greetings; Chapter 8

Author's Note:

No Comment

It was a great day for confidence. Even if it was raining. I remember waking up with a big fat smile on my face, like I'd just won the pony lottery. I dragged Twilight along with me to the train station. It was like I couldn't have been surer of something. I was going to the Princesses. Off we rode toward Canterlot.

"Which stop do we get off at Sparkle Nose?" I asked, looking over at her. She was reading a book about the likeliness of certain deaths amongst ponies. Particularly in the section on war between races. "Awful dark for something before a meeting with some Princesses, don't ya think?" Twilight looked up at me with a mildly annoyed look. Like she'd just smelled a burned hay-steak. The thundering rain outside got a little louder.

"Reading books with a lot of morbidity is helpful for me to calm down before meeting with authorities or in this case the deities of our culture." I looked out the window. I hadn't thought of what I was going to say to the Princesses. I already was talking to one, so how hard could it be? But maybe they were like deities... All prim and proper and such... I closed my eyes, and flattened my ears, listening to the sputtering sound of rain outside. A few houses passed by us as we clickity clacked down the rails. How can they stand the noise, I wondered.

"STATION 24; CANTERLOT," blared the intercom. A rustling of passengers exited the train as quick as a whistle.

"C'mon, we are here Periwinkle." Twilight said, putting her book away into the sack on her back. "Hopefully Spike won't burn down the castle at home." I nodded in agreement. Not that the small dragon could produce much of a flame. He was still a growing kid, like me. I stepped out of the train, onto the cobbled pavement of the city. The sound of wind blew into my fluffy ear lobes with a rude snorkeling noise. I blinked away rain that splattered both Twilight and I roughly. Off to the castle we galloped.

"Shouldn't you be like accompanied by some knights in shining armor?" I groaned, shaking out my soaking hide.

"Peri, there's only one of my brother, and he's up in the Crystal Empire with his wife at the moment." Twilight sighed in annoyance,

We arrived at the palace gates. Two prim looking guards eyed me curiously. More so Twilight. The first one sneered, "Princess Twilight, we were not expecting you to arrive with the savage." My fur bristled. Twilight held a hoof to my mouth, and returned formally,

"Yes the human was to be accompanied by me, and none else. You are aware of possible security breaches. It is to be me and only me to accompany Periwinkle. Now, would you kindly lead me to the Throne room." The purple unicorn stood up straight, and walked through the gates with ease. I did so as well, sticking out my tongue cheekily. Twilight put her eye to a laser scanner, and walked off after she was satisfied with a beeping noise. I slowly put my eye to the scanner. It blared a siren, and I widened my eyes. My pupils! I didn't have them. I looked around worriedly. Twilight turned back and kicked the box. The sirens quieted, and I hurriedly ran after her.


The throne room was not small. Not as small as Twilight made it out to be. The purple princess said the throne room was a humble chapel, with tapestries and glass murals. This was true. All except the humble part.

The entire church-like room screamed, 'PEASENTS, BOW DOWN AND KISS MY HOOVES.'

Two unicorn and pegasus hybrids sat side by side on almost identical thrones. One horse was a navy blue, the other a crème white. Each wore golden armor, both wore a serious face, and a valiant crown. But both smiled in turn, and rose from their chairs. "Welcome human girl!" said the blue one. "It is fortunate you came, we have much to say! We art so happy my sister and us." Twilight coughed a little. "Oh and hello Twilight, we art glad to see you as well!" Twilight shook her head, and motioned to the white Princess something. Twilight pointed at her own throat. The white pony nodded, and said with a rich voice,

"Lu, your accent is showing through."

'Lu' looked embarrassed, and cleared her voice. "Is this better, sister?"

"Much." The white pony giggled. "I, am Princess Celestia. This is my sister, Luna. And yes, we are very glad to make your acquaintance," She opened her arms welcomingly, maybe for an embrace, but I stayed put.

"I'm P-Periwinkle Kaya Link. But I like being called Peri." I stuttered.

"Peri, tis odd. Like my name!" Luna noted excitedly. "Do you play the game box where you come from? On the Earth world?"

"I play board games, and Xbox but I-"

"Oh you play the Xbox! I'm so glad! Tia never plays with me. But when she did, I won every game."

Celestia cleared her throat. "Now that's quite enough Luna, lets discuss this at dinner." Luna pouted a little, but she nodded, and trotted off to a corridor labeled; 'Balcony.' "My sister must attend to keeping the moon down a while. But until then, I'll have the guards escort you to the west wing, as well as your new room." Celestia purred.

"Wait, new room? Who ever said-" I was already being hustled off to the opposite corridor, watching Twilight and Celestia turn away to talk. Then a sea of talking blasted my ear drums into a near deaf state...