• Published 1st Feb 2016
  • 614 Views, 6 Comments

Trapped from the Inside - PapyrusPlays



Peri wasn't prepared for what she wanted. But she recieved what she truly needed.

  • ...
6
 6
 614

Fidelity; Chapter 4

Author's Note:

(No Comment)

When I thought about Apple Jack's family farm, and Sweet Apple Acres I had assumed it would be a dumpy place like in Charlote's Web. Boy I was so wrong. The large farm house was painted a crimson red, and had a shiny luster that made you feel all cozy. It was separted into sections. The main house, and then the actual farm house, along with more living space, and a sweet little tower topped with an apple weather vane. Speaking of apples, these people... I mean... ponies had either a tradition, or an obsession. Miles of apple trees, saplings, and even an entire acre of apples in barrels. Twilight escorted me down to the front door, and folded her wings tightly. I had to press mine down, unfortunately. Twilight pawed the door lightly, and three cute little girls... fillies, greeted us with smiles.

"Howdy Twiligh'! Howdy... new pony. I'm Apple Bloom. Apple Jack's been talkin' all about you! Sweetie Belle said, that Twilight told Rarity, that you were a weird kind a' pony. Are you from--"

"Twilight!" said a new voice, the trotting of hooves echoing down some stairs. It was Apple Jack. Her hat was on backwards for some reason. "Your here! With.. the mare." Twilight glanced at me, and I pretended not to notice, tapping the ground with my hoof. "Come in I guess." As Twilight, and I stepped inside, the scent of cinnamon and apple pie enveloped me. The fillies grabbed me by the hoof, and dragged me to what must have been Apple Bloom's room. Again with the apple theme. Pink walls with green polka dots, and a little bed, toy chest, and armoire.

"Aw, how cute!" I exclaimed, smiling. "Are you three sisters?"

The orange filly laughed, and asked, "Do we look anything alike?"

"You wish, Scoots." Apple Bloom said, holding a mirror, and doing a little pose. Her flank had a symbol on it... A shield with a small apple in the middle. Speaking of flanks, the white filly was eyeing mine curiously. "Oh you're a blank flank!" Apple bloom noted, sitting next to the white filly. Soon all of them were looking curiously at my backside. That was apparently normal... I decided to ask.

"Is that bad?" I inquired,

"Nah! We were blank flanks for a while too. But man, you haven't found your special talent yet, and you're what, a teenaged mare?" Scootaloo squeaked, poking me. I sat down, still uncomfortable with a bunch of children inspecting my butt. "Ooh! Hey Apple Bloom, lets go spy on Twilight, and Apple Jack!" Apple Bloom looked unsure, but they dragged me along with them after she confirmed the subject; 'mission a-go.' Twilight, and Apple jack sat on a green couch, Twilight nervously stroking a crème colored pillow.

"I'm not sure what to do with her! She seems so nice, but I don't know if we can trust her. I mean, a 'god' sending her to us? As if! But she might be telling the truth and... sorry I was rambling again." she droned, flattening her ears.

"Yeah. I can't blame you. I'd be worried too if I met an alien too." Apple Jack affirmed,

"Any who, I was wondering if she could stay here."

Apple jack stood up from the couch, and demanded, "An' put my family in danger? You're crazy!" Twilight got to her own hooves.

"This is serious. We can't let other's know, I'm constantly being plagued by paparazzi, and map demands. This is the one time I actually DISLIKE being picked for quests!"

Apple Jack sighed, waving aside the comment with her hoof. "You want her here? You can have her here. But she'll have to do her share of work, an' tonight she's sleepin' in the barn. I'll make her a straw bed or somethin'..." Twilight smiled, and thanked her friend. My heart sunk into my stomach. I flattened my ears. Treated like an animal, by an animal. What a thing to have happen to you. Sweetie Belle looked at me curiously.

"What are they talking about? You aren't an alien. Are you?" she whispered,

"Shh! They'll hear us!"

"Too late." All of us jumped a foot in the air. "Ya'll fillies aren't up to no good are you?" asked an elderly mare. Apple Bloom looked mildly annoyed, like she had forgotten to do something and didn't care anymore. "Who's that lil one with you?" the mare asked, adjusting rectangle shaped glasses on her muzzle.

"Granny? What's goin'-" Apple Jack didn't finish her sentence. She saw me, and her gaze went blank. "Oh, its that mare."

"Mare!? Them legs are skin and bone!" 'Granny' exclaimed, "Is she stayin' fer dinner?"

Apple Jack sighed, and looked at me unsurely. "It ain't dark yet Granny Smith. She'll be helpin' out 'round here for now. Then we'll sit down and such." She trotted out the front door, and shut it harshly. The fillies went else where. It was just me and Granny Smith.
She started at me, and a crooked smile escaped her chapped lips. I sort of smiled back, but it was more of a disturbed grimace.

"Welcome to the fam'ly, Squirt," she finally said, putting a hoof on my shoulder. "Now get out there and buck some apples."