• Published 9th Feb 2016
  • 6,807 Views, 57 Comments

The Time God of Equestria - Gypsybard



I heard of the local rumor of disapearing children, so I went to investigate, and decided to get a costume to blend in. My fatal mistake was making that costume, but now it's time to play as a GOD.

  • ...
38
 57
 6,807

Chapter 1 Arival

I stroll on over to this merchant to see if he has any connections to the missing children, and possibly see if buying something will cause me to be whisked away to Hogwarts...or where ever those people are currently. At this point in time it's quite clear that this merchant has a strong connection to the missing people, but I don't have any idea if he plays an active or passive role in this dilemma.

"Why hello good sir. How are you doing today?" I say to him to try and get on his good side which may end well if he doesn't have an active role in the kidnappings, but otherwise...I'm dead meat.

"Well what a pleasant surprise, a customer. I'm doing fine thank you, but business has been becoming a little slow as of late." he responds in kind in a pleased tone with a small gleam in his eyes, but what he says confirmed one thing for me. He does have an active role in this. With this in mind I'll try and keep him from doing anything so I'll just engage in some small talk and possibly buy something from him maybe I may be able to get some hints from where he sent those kids.

"Well that's good to hear." I say with no thought of what to say next...on one hand if I confront him I'll probably die...on another if I leave things be he'll kidnap more people and probably kill them hence why they're never found in theory. I keep thinking to myself as his smile begins to turn to an annoyed frown for some reason.

"Well then...I guess I'll just do things the hard way." he mutters to himself. I then take a step backwards cautiously, then he jumps forward and grabs my sword for a mere second before letting go.

"What was that for?" I ask him worried that he may've done something, but he just begins laughing at me.

"You are a fool for confronting me despite knowing who I am and you will pay for It." he says to me smiling as I feel myself being pulled into the ground.

"What are you?!" I yell out at him before I disappear permanently.

"I'm but a mere merchant." he says with a smile before everything went black.


(Nox POV/ Time: ??? ??)
I awake and find myself in a dark expanse, the world but a void surrounding me and consuming all light. Then from the abyss a hooded figure with glowing gleaming eyes of red approach and rise from the ground. It walks over to me its smile growing larger the closer it gets to me.

"So somehow you've found me, and you desire answers? Well let's make a deal then." it says to me in this void of nothing, with somehow the only thing visible this monster in front of me.

"How did you know?" I ask it nervously unsure of my situation, why now of all times?

"One does not simply approach one such as me and attempt to put a stop to my, oh what's the word...business. I am not someone to be trifled with, however, you wish to save those kids and bring them back do you? Well what if I told you that they are not dead! Well not all of them some meet unfortunate ends much to my amusement." he then begins to walk towards me getting ever so closer with each passing second. He sees me as but another pawn in his game, maybe I could use this...

"You said that we could make a deal of sorts? What would that entail?" his smile grows more and he stares at me with a look that felt like he could see my very soul.

"You must give me all your...possessions and take this sword in return," he then holds out the sword I had initially brought to the convention, "then you must live and return to me to possibly take back what's yours." with his final words he begins chuckling under his breath, "Oh who am I kidding you returning probably won't happen...no one as ever succeeded, but you never know." after a slight pause he begins laughing loudly.

"I accept the conditions." I hand him all my belongings including the keys to my shop...my only home. I then take hold of the sword expecting him to tell me where to go.

"Goodbye Nox, for this is goodbye!" as soon as he said his last words the entire world caved in on me causing me to lose consciousness.


(Nox POV/ Time: 3:45 P.M.)
I stir from unconsciousness only to find myself in the middle of nowhere...Well at least it isn't a desert. I look around the grassy plains I've wound up in to try and spot some sort of landmark to figure out where I might be. With this in mind it didn't take long until I saw a mountain in the distance from where I was which meant I was somewhere near the Corno Grande judging on the terrain. I was probably wrong with my assumption, but it's the best I've got at the moment. This means that I'm somewhere between 100 miles to 50 miles away from the Atlantic ocean so I won't be able to walk along the shore until I find a town as it's too far away. At the moment I don't see a river I could follow instead...at this point I may as well go for the mountains and hope that some hikers find me, but that can end in a lot of ways and not all are good. Like that thing said some of these kids meet an unfortunate end, the same could happen to me.

"Alright then." I mumble to myself none too quietly as I begin walking in some random direction. As I keep walking my vision begins to blur, I then start to feel a pounding headache until I fall over clutching my head. Then all of it went away suddenly as I black out once more.


(Nox POV/Time: ??? ??)
What is this?! I get up and see before me is a mirror image of me in a giant clockwork contraption with the body being in the shape of a giant watch with arms protruding from the sides along with four spider-like legs at the base. What I found strange wasn't the machine, but that the other me was floating there with some blue aura enveloping his body as he controlled the mechanism floating in the air. Then out of the blue the kids I saw from my workshop some time ago burst forth from some wall all dressed up in their cosplay, but each one was using some form of magic. The other me just sat there unimpressed as he gazed at these teenagers. I for the most part am quite surprised at this development.

"It's nice you came onboard I was beginning to get worried that you wouldn't come." he said with his arms spread wide, but the only response he got was a playing card thrown at him. Then when the card reached his body it exploded without any warning or sign of gunpowder igniting...was that magic? At this point I may be seeing visions of the future and quite frankly I'm inclined to believe it...if this is my future self does that mean I could fly?! Wait...why are they attacking me then! Didn't I come here to save them why are they attacking?!

"Dice Roulette." announces the cat girl, but as soon as she said that the entire room lit up in flames forming a roulette wheel. Then a dial appeared on the board and started spinning...odd I thought they used dices or some ball. The dial then stopped pointing at my future self, which caused him to be consumed by a large pillar of fire. When I saw him again when the fire dispersed he didn't come out without a scratch bits of his armor was completely gone and others were melting off yet he wasn't dead...first he's flying, then walks through a pillar of fire hot enough to melt his armor, and now this...at this point I'm not surprised by anything anymore. What do I become?

"Well then little one...I surely didn't expect that attack to hurt me so." he said to the cat girl, then he just started laughing maniacally...will I really go this mad with power or will my fate change from me viewing this? I just ponder what to do for myself until I see him drop to the ground.

"If I die today then remember this if you are in need of help then form a token and take this watch." with this he disappeared from the world a simple stop watch falling to the ground as time seemed to slow to a crawl.

"What does this mean?" I mused to myself I then felt something impact the back of my head as I was dragged away.


(Nox POV/ Time: 7:45)
I awake from my sleep with my head clear devoid of any pains that should've been there...I never moved from where I blacked out...what's happening. I then began to notice that my entire body was a glowing a faint blue energy...I'm going to assume that it's some form of magic at this point. I began my walk once more, but this time with a purpose to find those kids, with that vision I know that they're here for sure. While walking I began focusing on this energy to try and lift my body up...it still isn't working...I'll try again later, I wonder how I did it in the future, or was it the future? Too many questions as of now.

I wonder how my little visions work, are they brought forth from another or from myself. If they were brought up and controlled by another how would I go about contacting them, or how would I be able to discover what form of visions they can send me or when...what happens to my body here in the present does time just stop while I'm in my daze or does my body lie there vulnerable while I witness my visions. If the visions are produced from myself, then why'd they appear now and how would I go about controlling said ability...there are too many questions for just one ability I can't begin to start on the many others that I now know of...though that was my future self so maybe I have yet to acquire them...that's always a possibility.

"Why now? Why me? Who am I really? These are the few of many questions that are the most important yet the most irrelevant. People always questions things in order to learn and use that knowledge in order to become better or worse...well, I better get a move on." with this said I began my trek once more through the plains slightly more calm then I was earlier yet terrified. With my obviously long trek through these plains I began to try experimenting with the magic stuff once more to keep my mind active lest I'll just wander aimlessly...oh the trouble I'd get into when I fall asleep standing up...especially since I tend to sleep walk a lot when this happens. I hate it when that happens my legs get really sore every time I wake up afterwards.

After about what felt like an hour walking despite it probably being more than that I saw the sun beginning to set on the horizon. With this new information I stopped my experimentation and began running. Luckily I see a forest, though slightly deformed there is wood and I have sword...this is probably gonna take a while.

Author's Note:

This is a re-write of the first chapter if you don't like it tell me I'll attempt re-writing it again, but I hope this is at least better then the earlier version of this chapter.

Also if you have any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong or right that'd be great.
Side note: For those who neglect to read the description (I don't blame you for neglecting it I kind of did too for about half a year) there are four main characters, and each chapter will have either one or two of the characters perspective. For this chapter only one of the characters perspective was shown.