• Published 31st Jan 2016
  • 215 Views, 0 Comments

Standby for ponyfall. - That_Delusional_Pegasus



Firelight Glow is a Pegasus who lives in a black market. As the IMC vs Militia war rages around them, it eventually hits his home. Here we go.

  • ...
 0
 215

Attack on section R2

"Hi, Firelight!" That unicorn wanders up to me. "Are you going to Gen soon?"

"Who knows? You need to have a lot of battle experience to Gen." We begin to wander through the corridors. As we turn a corner, I bump into her and it feels as though gravity just got inverted! A blaring alarm rings through the ship...

And I wake up on the floor in my room. My sight is fuzzy, and I feel dizzy. I hear a voice over the intercom. "All pilots, please proceed to section R2, prepared for battle. Militia have warped into the ship. Repeat, report to section R2, prepared for battle. Militia have warped into the ship."

Need to get there. Maybe what's her name will be there. I jump upright, and stagger over to the equipment rack. I pull a few weapons off the rack, and run out. Bumping into the wall beside the door first, though. Not on puropse. I begin to run/stumble to section R2.

"Hey, Fire! We need-"

"To get to section R2. Shut up, Questr, and please wait about five minutes before going any further."

"Why?" Because I'm a Gen two, so I have authority over you."

"Oh, yes sir!"

I so fooled him there. I've never Genned. I start running towards section R2. I decide to challenge myself. I have five minutes, once I get there, to help the others kill the militia.

I enter section R2. All the IMC are unleashing hell on the militia, but they have stronger weapons. A huge ship drops five Titans from its ill, and five more begin building. Looks like this will be harder than I thought.

"Firelight! Run!"

I look over to see that Gen 4 sniper pony about to be crushed by a mech hoof.

"No!" I throw a satchel charge at the mech and blow the leg out. It falls onto the pony, but how broken it was allowed it to split in two upon touching the ground. The sniper nods and pulls out a Marksman Heavy Rocket.

I pull out a charge rifle, and we both begin firing off rounds in random directions. I have four minutes.

She jumps up to rodeo a mech, and I run towards a nearby blast door. It opens up briefly and I sneak inside.

This is why I live.

The blast door opens, revealing me in a badass GIANT pony-mech. I fire off rounds towards the mech ship, and it begins to burn. Turns out the gun was an oversized arc cannon, not my preference, but whatever. It's still on fire. The mech that has the Gen 4 on it somehow jumps up onto the super-mech back, and starts ripping out the systems. Three minutes.

I deploy a whopping electric smoke. And the rodeo mech collapses to the ground. Three down, three to go, two and a half minutes.

I dash over and begin bombing the little mechs with cluster missiles. The mech I'm in is so big that it has, like, ten of them compared to the original mechs. I watch with metaphorical popcorn in my mouth as all the tiny mechs begin to fall apart, and the pilots inside the mechs splatter. A glob of blood makes it up to the window I'm observing through.

I can't see, but luckily they installed everything in this. A brief switch on and off of the window wipers did the trick. 30 seconds.

I open an airlock, and throw everything in. 20 seconds.

I close the airlock and depressurize the airlock. 10 seconds.

I open the airlock and quickly return the giant mech to its spot. 2 seconds.

I break through the glass and hop onto the ground below, entering section R2 again.

That's when Questr runs in.

"Where's the danger?!?!"

He's all primed with about five guns, a bunch of bombs, and a nuclear core on a wagon.

"Turns out some guy thought a militia guy warped in and killed a pony, observe the burn marks and blood, and set off the alarm."

"So no need for five guns, about fifteen assorted bombs, and a nuclear core?"

"No. How did you even get that core out of construction? That's supposed to be in a mech.

"No worries."


During the next mission:


"Call in my mech, I need it!"

"Got it, Questr."

A mech majestically falls down onto the battlefield, and explodes from the impact on the ground. The mech is intact, but nonfunctional. As Questr inspects it further. He sees it.

His mech was the mech that he stole the core from.

"GOD DAMMIT KARMA!"

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment