• Published 17th Jun 2012
  • 1,392 Views, 14 Comments

The Thunder Wolf's Retribution - Pinkie_Fatalis



A Jinouga is chased from his homeland and finds himself in Equestria were he knows he isn't allowed.

  • ...
0
 14
 1,392

Secrets of the past

The next day, Twilight decided that it would be better if she Left Raiju alone to rest for a day even though she had so many questions she wanted to ask. She decided instead that she will go to the Canterlot Archives to see if she can find any information on the Jinouga species. The trip takes a good two hours and Twilight needed to return before night so she can Visit Raiju the next day. She took the earliest train she could, at 6 am. and raced to the archives. When she arrived she asked the head librarian where she could find information on foreign species and civilizations. She was pointed to the eastern wing and headed straight to it and began searching for a book that would help. She spent a good 5 hours searching for anything on the Jinouga species with no success. After finishing a book Twilight slammed it shut and let out a huge sigh, as she looked up she noticed that Princess Celestia was smiling watching over her.

"Good afternoon Twilight, what brings you to the Canterlot Archives?"

"OH! Hello Princess, I-I just thought I'd spend some time studying some books that I don't have in Ponyville.

"What is it you are studying? You seem to be struggling to find the correct book.”

"No I-I was just doing random research, you know just seeing if I can find something interesting."

Princess Celestia raised her eyebrow and said

"Twilight...I know when you're lying to me and I don't appreciate it."

Twilight searched around struggling to find a way so she didn't reveal what she was really researching. She lets out a sigh realizing that there is no way she could get away with lying to the Princess.

"I'm not supposed to tell anyone but I guess it couldn't hurt to tell you. Yesterday afternoon I was walking home from house sitting for Zacura, while she is on vacation to her home land when I heard something calling out for help so I rushed to help him, and after finding out what we needed to help, me and Rainbow Dash Saved him from his severe injuries, afterwords he told us he wasn't allowed in Equestria but I've never heard of any creature not being allowed here."

"What is the name of his species?"

"He called himself a Jinouga.” She pointed over towards the now very large pile of books she has already read. “But I haven't found anything in the archives on them."

While Twilight was looking away pointing at the books, Princess Celestia's Eyes widened after hearing what she said, but she quickly regained her composure and with a straight face said.

"I have never heard of them either, but if the creature says it isn't allowed in Equestria, then I'm sure it's for a good reason."

"I know that. That’s why I find it strange that there is nothing on them here."

"Just be careful Twilight, remember that no matter how nice someone appears they are still unknown to you, and you never know what they may be thinking."

Relieved that the princess wasn’t going to get rid of Raiju she thanks her. "Thank you Princess I was worried that you might have wanted to throw him out even though he is still severely injured and almost unable to walk."

With that the two said their goodbyes and after a few hours more Twilight set off back home. The entire way home Twilight was wondering if she did the right thing telling Celestia about Raiju. She decided that the best thing to do is to tell Raiju that she told the Princess about him. The next morning Twilight woke up early, leaving Spike a letter telling him that she will be out all day. While walking through the Everfree forest Twilight noticed a large flat cart in the middle of the path with 6 unicorn guards surrounding it. As she walked towards them to inquire what they were doing, a guard ordered her to stop.

"Halt! This pathway is off limits by order of Princess Celestia."

"What for?” She snaps back. ”I have someone that I am to meet out here!"

Just then a voice came from around the other side of the cart.

"Twilight? Is that you?" It was Shining Armor, in a fully armored suit.

"Shining Armor?! What are you doing here?"

"Princess Celestia said that there is an incredibly dangerous creature out here and I am ordered with its capture."

Just then Raiju slowly limped his way out of the cave nearby. He yawns and looks around. With a puzzled look he asked.

"What is going on out here?"

"You there! By order of Princess Celestia, you are hereby under arrest and are to be brought to the Canterlot prison for further questioning and a your trial."

Now visibly angry Twilight says. "What?! Princess Celestia told me that she knew nothing about the Jinougas!"

With a sad look on his face Raiju responds. "You mean you told someone that I was here?"

"Yes and I'm really sorry, I came here to tell you, I just... I couldn't lie to the princess. Please don't be mad at me.

Raiju sighs and says. "I am not mad. I understand that you can't lie to your princess; it's against your good nature.” He looks over at Shining Armor and says. “I will go quietly white unicorn, but I am afraid that I cannot walk effectively enough to make it at any speed.

"The name is Shining Armor, and we brought this cart in case you needed it."

"I appreciate the thought, let's get going then."

Still very angry and confused Twilight says. "You are just going to go with him? You've done nothing wrong."

"Please Twilight, you don't understand. I need to go with him, I have no choice."

He limped his way slowly to the cart and sat down on top of it. Raiju wove goodbye as the guards began to struggle pulling the cart and Shining Armor put up a powerful barrier around Raiju. As they exited the forest Raiju got his first glimpse at the rest of Equestria, after looking around he tried starting up a conversation with Shining Armor.

"So...how do you know Twilight Sparkle?"

"She is my sister. Why? How do you know her?"

"Twilight and her acquaintance Rainbow Dash saved my life. If it wasn't for them you wouldn't have the need to arrest me."

"Acquaintance? Rainbow Dash is one of Twilight's best friends."

He appeared very puzzled. "Friend? I do not know this word, what does it mean?"

"Really you don't know what a friend is? Well...friend is a complicated word but to put it shortly it is someone who wishes the best for another and expects nothing but the same from the other. You mean to say you don't have any friends?"

Still confused and now seemingly a little sad, he responds. "I suppose not. I had a few personal allies but nothing that would fit that definition. Do you have many friends?"

"Well, no I don't. But that is mostly because of my job taking up so much of my life, I do enjoy the feeling from protecting the citizens of Canterlot though. What did you do in your homeland?"

Raiju looked very sad as he was asked this question.

"I-I don't want to talk about it. I have done many things I am no longer proud of, but let’s just say one of my peace time duties was to attend to and interrogate prisoners. The irony of my situation would be laughable if it wasn't so depressing."

After a while with bits of small talk between the two of them they came up upon a cave leading through the mountain that Canterlot is built on. Shining Armor proceeded to explain exactly what the cave is.

"This cave was built to bring prisoners into the city without having to walk directly through it. It has been a very long time since it's seen any use."

They made their way through the cave which leads directly to a large stone room. There was little in the room but there were over fifty guards surrounding the only other way out. The doors were made of solid steel and were over a foot thick to prevent escape. As the door slammed shut behind them Princess Celestia walked in from the other side of the room. Raiju stepped down from the cart and began slowly making his way to the center of the room where sat down awaiting the trial. Before Princess Celestia could say a single word Raiju let out a small chuckle and said.

"Twilight Sparkle...you just couldn't let me be could you?"

Everyone in the room was confused, who was he talking to? Just then Twilight fell from the underside of the cart with a thud and said.

"Of course not! You have done nothing wrong and are being wrongfully imprisoned."

Princess Celestia confused at how Twilight went undetected under the cart, and angry that she did says. "Twilight! Why are you here and why are you defending this-this monster?"

"I have already said why am defending Raiju and he is no monster! Besides you said that you knew nothing about the Jinouga species."

"Well I lied! You have no idea what they are capable of...almost 900 years ago his species declared war on Equestria. They killed tens of thousands of ponies. We only just came to a peaceful treaty; if we had waited any longer then we would have been wiped out completely. Part of this treaty was that their kind was not allowed on Equestrian lands under punishment of death!"

More confused than ever Twilight asks. "A war? Why was there nothing in any of the books I read?"

"Because I removed all of those books over 700 years ago, so now nopony knows the atrocities they brought to Equestria but me. But that is enough; I will speak with you after I am done here. Guards keep her away from the beast and put up your barriers around him."

All of the guards in the room then proceeded to put up their barriers around Raiju with Shining Armor putting his closest to him, being able to make the strongest one. Princess Celestia smiled at the fact that he could no longer escape. Raiju looked around and observed the enormous mass of magic now surrounding him then looked back at the princess.

"Well…What do you have planned for me? I'm not going to defend myself in a trial, I know exactly what I have done and I accept the consequences."

Interrupting again Twilight snaps at him, saying. "WHAT?! You're not even going to defend yourself?"

"Twilight you are meddling in something you do not understand, please just-just leave it where it lies. It's best if you forgot I ever existed."

Princess Celestia continues and says. "Since you know the punishment for entering Equestria I will not drag this out any further. You are to be executed tomorrow at dawn. It will not be public because I don't want anypony to know that your kind even exists."

"Fine. Am I to stay here until then?"

"Yes and I will return to oversee the execution. Guards! Begin making your exit but keep your barriers up, and Twilight you are coming with me."

The guards began filing out until it was just Twilight and Celestia in the room.

Now trying to reason with the princess, Twilight tries defending Raiju again. "Princess you can't just kill him. He has done nothing wrong, in fact from what I know of him he has been nothing but kind and appreciative of everything Rainbow and I have done for him."

"You do not know this species like I do, they are incredibly powerful and dangerous, only pain and suffering follow in their path. He is likely no better than their monstrous king."

As Celestia says this Raiju's head turns up as he begins to look very angry.

"What did you just say?"

Princess Celestia ignored him and continued to make her way to the door. Raiju raised his voice in anger, it blasted across the room as he said.

"I said repeat yourself Celestia!"

Princess Celestia and Twilight both turned to look back at him, as Princess Celestia repeats herself.

"I said you are no better than your king."

Before the two could even turn back around, all of the magical barriers were completely shattered and Raiju was mere inches from Celestia's face. His eyes full of rage and as all the spikes down his back stood up as his fur stood on end glowing a beautiful shade of blue, sparks arced across his entire body and thousands of firefly like insects began circling around him at an incredible speed releasing even more sparks onto him. Raiju began speaking to the princess as if he is trying to hold himself back from attacking.

"I will sit here and accept punishment for the crimes I have committed; I will even accept punishments for crimes I haven’t committed. I HAVE done terrible things, and not just to your species. But you do NOT...EVER! Compare me to my brother!"

Princess Celestia is now visibly terrified. "Brother?!"

"Yes Princess Celestia, my name is Prince Raiju, lead war strategist for the entire Jinouga army. The Hell Wolf, King Zeus, is my younger brother, and I am nothing like him. He is the reason I am here in the first place, I came here accidentally while trying to evade my execution that HE ordered because I was found sabotaging our own army."

Raiju then stopped himself and began taking deep breaths to calm himself down. He began limping back to the center of the room as he said.

"I apologize for my outburst, it's just that you really hit a nerve and I just lost it. I just need to calm down."

The princess and Twilight then quickly made their exit and the doors magically slammed shut. The next morning the princess walked into the room. This time with only one other pony, a tall, powerful looking unicorn dressed in all black. Behind them 10 earth ponies also dressed in black brought in an enormous guillotine.

"Let us begin." The princess says waving the guillotine over.

Raiju made his way to the guillotine without a word and placed his head on the block awaiting his swift end. The executioner pony raised the blade to its maximum height, then Princess Celestia nodded to drop the blade. It fell from a huge height traveling at a frightening speed; the blade struck him directly on the neck but only went in about half an inch. Confused Princess Celestia rose the blade herself and used her own magic to push it down on top of him. It didn't go much further in but the blade itself shattered upon impact. Princess Celestia could believe what she had just seen.

"Why won't you die?!"

"You will never pierce my scales with such a simple blade; you would need something much sharper."

"B-But that was the sharpest blade ever made in Equestria."

Raiju stands up off the guillotine. "Then it appears that we are at an impasse, you cannot kill me no matter how much you wish to, and I am unable to survive on my own for a while. If I may make a suggestion then? I need no longer than a week to be healed enough from my wounds to leave of my own accord. If you allow me this time I will gladly leave Equestria and never return."

Princess Celestia spent a good while thinking this over, she was visibly worried but eventually she came to the decision that she had no other choice.

"Fine, but there are conditions that apply to this. You are not to attack or even converse with anypony, you have only a week no more I will come to see you off when your time is up and you will leave then with no delay or questions. I will however allow you to stay in the cave you were found in so long as you do not exit it until the week is up."

"That is more than fair; I will seal this agreement in blood, as is customary with any binding contract." He then proceeded to cutting open his hand and slamming it on the ground leaving a blood stain in the shape of his paw. I greatly appreciate this princess, I will not disobey your terms, and this seal proves that."

With that Princess Celestia ordered Shining Armor and his guards to escort him back to the Everfree forest. She also sent Shining Armor to stay and keep an eye on him just in case, to make sure Raiju didn’t break the conditions and to make sure Twilight didn't try to speak with Raiju.