• Published 9th Feb 2016
  • 655 Views, 11 Comments

Shattered Harmony The Corruption of Twilight - NightmareTRXY32



Equestria stands on the brink of disaster , foes from past come back to haunt the mane six. and 3 beloved Characters will embrace the dark side, and one princess will not survive the ordeal. Cloak and danger style deception is at the core of this.

  • ...
14
 11
 655

The Coming Storm

The Coming Storm

“Im coming for you princess Twilight”, Tirek thought to himself. That’s all he could think about. It consumed his every thought. He had been so close to having it all. He stopped and thought about Discord for a moment. He realized it was a mistake betraying him, if he hadnt theyd both be ruling Equestria right now. For once in his life, Tirek Actually regretted that decision. He decided that he would seek Discord out later. For now he had the Changeling Queen’s proposal to consider. She was offering an alliance in return for his helping her conquer the Crystal Empire. He didn't realize that he'd never get the chance. But Discord would still find out though from an unlikely source. Tirek had a feeling that somehow he might not be around the next day. He couldn't place it, but something was telling him in the back of his mind that he was going to die today. He told one of Chrysalis' changelings to go and seek out the lord of Chaos, and to tell him that Tirek regretted betraying him. The Changeling shimmered with magic and took the form of a small pony, and then ran off in the direction of the forest without Chrysalis noticing.

The changeling got on the next train heading to Ponyville at the Crystal Train Station without being questioned. For all they thought this was just a pony going home, none of them realized it was a changeling for Ponies sake. When the train finally reached its destination the small 'pony' got off and headed towards Fluttershy's cottage. Discord was there tending to the animals when the creature approached him. He turned and glared at it. The Changeling didnt bother to change its form at first, but it did when Discord threatened to turn it into a bucket of carrots for Angel Bunny

"There's no need for that," It replied, " I have a message from lord Tirek.

"That wretch of a Centaur is supposed to be locked up," Discord stated.

"He escaped,"the changeling started, " and he wanted you to know that he does regret his actions towards you the last you two were together."

Tirek regreted betraying me? Discord thought for a moment. But more over, that sly dog escaped again. The lord of Chaos mused to himself. But what Discord didn't know before now was that Sombra was still alive and that Twilight was playing into the King of Shadow's hooves. He would see it for himself soon though.

And with that the Changeling retook its pony form and left the cottage. While that was going on, Tirek was being addressed by Chrysalis' and her plans.

In a show of good faith, she let him steal the magic from some of her forces. As Tirek did this he could feel his Strength returning. He had no idea that Princess Twilight would be arriving at the Empire to confront them. He also didnt know that she had been Corrupted by King Sombra.

“You have a deal.”, he told Chrysalis with a sly grin. He listened to her plans with a noticable interest. He also knew not to repeat his mistake he made with Discord for a second time. As they made their plans on how assault the Empire, Tirek noticed something out of the corner of his. IT was a Grey crystal pony approaching their location. He looked and saw that Chrysalis didnt seem concerned. Then he watched as the pony shimmered with magic, to reveal a changeling.

“Our Scouts have reported that Twilight is indeed here in the Empire, My Queen.”, The changeling said with a hiss.

“Even better than i hoped.”, Chrysalis mused.


Inside the Empire.

I Cant Remember what happened in September, when everything is gone
Where is everypony?
What happened when i became so alone....

Twilight couldnt stop thinking of what her brother had told her when they were in Ponyville. She also wasnt sure how he would handle his sister sleeping with the King of Shadows. She couldnt stop thinking about Sombra though. Her brother had in his head that he’d come after her for revenge. She... was in love with him. Something came to mind. Something that never dawned on her until now. She would be a Queen next to him. With rule over millions. A voice started speaking in her mind.

Still cant remember what happened when everypony died
Just that something really strong came out of this world...

The voice was faint but grew stronger.

Why Revenge? a voice spoke to her. Twilight looked around the room, but there was no pony else there but her friends and her brother.

My Brother thinks its Revenge that Sombra’s after, not me. She thought to herself.

Then she felt a chill run down her spine. the voice. the voice was coming from within her mind.

Who are you? She thought again.

Who do you think i am? it said cooly.

Wait... it cant be. Twilight realized that it was her voice, but there were traces of a dark and discordant tone. It was the dark magic she had practiced. the dark magic inside of her.

Think of what you could achieve if you just.. gave in.

Gave in and took what was rightful yours.

You know what Sombra wants from you dont you? the voice spoke.

We’re in love, and he wants.. me to be his queen. she replied back, mentally.

You’d also have the power to defeat Tirek and Chrysalis on your own. the voice informed her.

She also realized she’d be powerful enough to RIVAL Princess Celestia and Princess Luna. She could feel it now, the power growing inside her. Soon, she thought to herself, soon there would be no one to Oppose them, TO OPPOSE HER.

Now i remember what happened in September...
This worse than what i knew...
Im the one that killed them all
I SURVIVED AFTER THE FALL.....

“Are you ok Sugarcube?”, Applejack looked at Twi, and could tell something was wrong.

Twilight began to crack a wicked smile, and AJ noticed.

The room they were gathered in became as a cold as a Crypt. She couldnt place it, but Applejack knew something was way off about her friend. As she began backing up, Shining Armor and the others began to take notice of the change in Twilight’s stance. His heart was on the verge of shattering into a million pieces.

Thats when he noticed her eyes. Her irises became green with wisps of purple smoke trailing out the sides of the eyes. The Twilight they knew would be no more. Everypony in the room was in shock.

Twilight could literally feel the power surging through her now. It was unbelievable the strength of the dark magic coursing through her, filling her essence with undescribable amounts of energy.

“Spike.”, Shining ARmor whispered.

“Yes?”, The purple dragon said without drawing Twilights attention.

“You need to get Celestia and Luna here as fast as you can.”, Shining Armor said in a hushed tone.

Spike managed to sneak away without Twilight hearing or seeing him, and penned a message to the Princesses. It read ‘Come quick, Twi’s in danger. She’s being overtaken by Dark Magic.’ And with that he sent out the message in a puff of green smoke.

Celestia was preparing for bed when she received the message. There had to be some mistake she thought. Just in case she summoned her sister, then both Luna and Celestia flew to the Empire as soon they could.

It was hard for Luna to believe that Twilight would toy with something was dangerous as Dark Magic. Twilight was a good student and a dear friend to both of them. What had driven her to pursue such a dangerous course of action?

Then a possible answer came to Luna’s mind. What if Twilight thought this was the only way to battle Tirek and Chrysalis?

No matter what happened in the next few hours, the fate of Equestria wasnt the only thing at risk. Even if Tirek and Chrysalis were defeated, there was still Sombra to deal with. But, what would become of Twilight afterwards. Could she be reformed after her use of such magic, or would she be banished, never to step hoof in Equestria again.

Then she came to a horrific conclusion. What if SOMBRA was behind her use of Dark Magic. She couldnt bare to tell that to Celestia, to find out that her friend and former student had been defiled by the King of Shadows would of broken Celestia’s heart if not her mind. Luna decided not to tell her sister that Twilight had been defiled by that monster. They were half way to Crystal Empire now. Luna hoped that when the got there, the situation with the Tirek would be resolved at least.

Twilight’s demeanor continued to change, and not for the better. Twilight stared at Applejack and just smiled wickedly at her.

The Voice continued to speak in the back of her mind.

You now they’ll never accept your love for him. They’ll try to reform you, and make you think he’s a monster. They’ll even resort to banishing you if it comes to it. the voice said coldly.

It wont come to that, she thought to herself.

Wont it? the voice answered back.

Oh god. Celestia thought as she walked in the door.

“Twilight?”, the princess stammered out. Twilight turned in time to see a look of shock, sadness, and anguish on Celestia’s face.

“Im doing this to defend Equestria, and my LOVER...” She told them all. What did she mean by lover they all thought. and then it hit Celestia. OH GOD. SOMBRA??

“Wait a second.”, Applejack paused for a moment.

“ARE YOU TELLING US THAT SOMBRA’S THE ONE YOU BEEN MEETING IN THE WOODS?!?!?”, She said a state of panic.

“Yes.”, Twilight stated bluntly.

What none of them realized was that not only had they consumated their relationship in the woods that night. but that she was also with FOAL. As all this was going on , something was taking place back in Ponyville. The CMC ( Cutie Mark Crusaders) were sitting in their clubhouse, going over the events of the last week or so. Everypony could tell that Scootaloo couldnt contain her excitement about Rainbow Dash wanting to adopt her, as well being a mentor. While see was dwelling on that, Applebloom noticed Sweetie Belle staring out the window She asked her what she was staring at.

“I thought i saw something coming in and out of the Forrest just now. “, She told Applebloom, while continuing to fixate on the woods.

“It’s probably a rabbit or somethin’.”, She was trying her best to make her answer sound rational.

“i dont think it was a woodland critter.”, Sweetie retorted.

“In fact, i think it’s something that Twilight was following into the woods over a week before they all left for the Crystal Empire." Sweetie Belle continued.

That caught Scootaloo’s attention.

“It wasn’t a shadowy pony was it?”, she asked with some pause, and a hint of sarcasm.