• Published 9th Feb 2016
  • 654 Views, 11 Comments

Shattered Harmony The Corruption of Twilight - NightmareTRXY32



Equestria stands on the brink of disaster , foes from past come back to haunt the mane six. and 3 beloved Characters will embrace the dark side, and one princess will not survive the ordeal. Cloak and danger style deception is at the core of this.

  • ...
14
 11
 654

The Deception

A thousand years ago Sombra was defeated by the Princesses Celestia and Luna. He never forgot that day, the day that he lost his entire Kingdom to them. Even though he had warned Luna during their fight that Equestria would see many foes in the coming centuries, there was one he never told her he foresaw, the one that foresaw who among them would become his queen and help him retake what once was lost. Even before she was born, Twilight would have a role to play in the coming century, even her hero and idol Starswirl had been aware of the same prediction that Sombra had come to. That this Unicorn would be elevated to Alicorn status by one of the princesses, and that she would hold the future of the land in her hooves, albeit good or bad.

In all his wisdom, even the Great Starswirl the Bearded could not see the storm looming on the horizon of Equestria's future. It was something that would haunt the unicorn Wizard for his remaining days. He also could not have foreseen the dangers that he himself had created when he made a Master Time Travel Spell. A spell that would one day fall into the hands of a misguided and troubled unicorn. A Unicorn by the name of Starlight Glimmer.

But alas Starswirl could not see the inherent danger that was to come with such an undertaking. Celestia believed she was grooming Twilight for leadership as her future heir. What she couldn't have foreseen was that Sombra would use her student as a pawn in an Ancient Prophecy. Celestia would come to see the dangers of dark magic herself as well as the intoxicating effect it would have on Twilight. Although Celestia had no idea that she too would become corrupted by its taint, She came to the realization that it would corrupt her student and friend. There would also be one more tragic consequence before all of this was over.

Of all the creatures in the world, Sombra was the most dangerous of them all. He used fear, intimidation, and brute force to get what he wanted. And what he wanted was the Crystal Empire. And now he had seen the means to regain it, but it would take time and patience to achieve that goal. By the end not only would he regain his Kingdom, but that of the whole of Equestria, and all it took was the marriage and mentoring of 3 ponies. But no one could have seen the destruction that would result from one powerful Alicorn, one that was the Element of Magic, and also a Princess, being tempted by a book that spoke of the power of Dark Magic. And in doing so her life, and not only that of her 2 friends would never be the same.

There's an old saying: Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer.


Just outside of Ponyville


Twilight woke up and noticed she could barely see five feet in front of her, let alone stand on her own 4 hooves. It felt it had been days since she had seen the sun, let alone the sky. Twilight could not let herself get distracted, though, she had to find a way out of here. She called out into the darkness to see if there was any pony else in here with her.

"Twi.Twilight?", she could hear faintly echo from the darkness. She could tell by the softness of the tone that it had to be Fluttershy. Twilight used an illumination spell to see if it was her and to light the way for them to find a way out.

"How did you even get in here?", Twilight asked her friend. She was supposed to be at Applejacks helping with the chores around the Farm. Twilight couldn't let herself get side tracked, or panicked in front of Fluttershy.

" I was, I was on my way back to my cottage when I felt something hit me in the thigh. I felt a bit groggy, but when I woke up I found myself here, with you calling out in the darkness." , She told Twilight.

Now that the Illumination spell was active, they made their way around the building looking for the Exit. It looked like an abandoned factory on the out skirts of Ponyville. Twilight remembered seeing it once when she first moved to Ponyville but thought nothing of it until now.

"Where are we?", Fluttershy asked.

"I'm not sure yet, but it feels like that factory on the outskirts of town." , Twilight told her.

"But I do know that we need to get out of here as soon as we can." She continued. She Turned around in time to see a cyan colored pegasus with a Rainbow colored mane, fly towards them out of the darkness. She was hoping it was somepony else, mostly the pony she'd been dating for a month or so. But she knew deep down that she'd still see him again. It was guaranteed, from something cryptic he told her on their last get together.

"Rainbow Dash?!!?" , She hollered, as she pulled Fluttershy out of the way.

"No time to explain, we need to go. Now." , Rainbow Dash told her Alicorn friend. The Blue Pegasus swiftly showed her friends the exit for the building. As soon as they got outside Twilight turned to Rainbow and asked her again.

"Now answer my question. What the hell is going on Rainbow." , She stated again.

"It's Pinkie." , Rainbow Dash explained.

"What about her?" , Twilight said.

"She's gotten it in her head that one of us could be a Changeling." , the Cyan coated Pegasus looked at the ground before answering Twilight's query.

"What!?!", Twilight said in shock. Why would Pinkie Pie think that of all things?

"She was gonna trap whoever she suspected of being one in the factory. ", Dash told her in a worried tone.

Twilight decided that they needed to confront Pinkie Pie, and set the record straight that none of them were changelings. She decided they'd pick up Applejack and Rarity and then get to the bottom of this. As they neared town, she told them she needed to check on something in the forest. He was right where he said he'd be. No one, not her friends, or even Celestia could foresee the danger that was to come. This mystery pony she was meeting was, in fact, a certain shadow pony that she thought she could "reform". Both had spent enough time together to realize they were in love with each other from the first moment they met.

" I knew you'd be here." , she told him, blushing a bit.

"Did you bring the book?" , he asked her.

"Yes. but I have to hurry." , She gave him the book and kissed him on the cheek before leaving the woods.

Everything is going to plan, he thought to himself. Soon she would be so deep in love with him that She'd be forced to choose between her friends and ruling all of Equestria by his side.