• Published 11th Jun 2012
  • 2,940 Views, 29 Comments

HumanZ - ShadowWalking18



When humans crash land on Equestria. Things get interesting.

  • ...
5
 29
 2,940

Homestay

Wow, I didn't think this would get so popular so fast. I feel so happy *Hugs for all the commentors* I shall grace you with another chapter. Thank you all again :)


The cruiser flew down the road. All around them, Jacob saw either wide open land or forests. He took in a deep breath, and again could almost taste a sweetness to the air on this planet. Fresh, clean air, how he missed it. It was still hard for him to beleive it was seven hundred years since he was frozen.

"Still taking it all in?" Max asked, glacing over to his friend.

Jacob nodded as he looked out towards the forests, "Yeah. Still feels strange you know. I think every single one of us thought that we were going to die when we got on that ship."

Max nodded, "Yeah, I can agree. I thought it was just a false hope to save our species....but...well I whoever runs the universe felt we deserved a second change."

Jacob shrugged, "Yeah, maybe."

The two were silent for a moment, before Max asked, "So what you do while you waited for me? Meet any hot girls?"

Jacob thought on that, "Uh....not really. Either they were married or just not interested in me....then I had a soda and..."

"And what?" Max asked.

Jacob thought about telling his friend about his conversation with the princess, but decided against it, "Well after that I just....took a nap."

"That all?" Max said, looking suspiciously at his friend.

"Yeah." Jacob said looking away.

Max looked at his friend for a moment, then just shrugged, "Okay. We will be arriving at Ponyville shortly."

Jacob sighed, "Great."

Max punched his friends shoulder lightly, "Hey, don't sound so depressed. From what I have gathered, they have absolutly no humans staying there at the moment. So you will be a celebraty there."

Jacob chuckled, "Celebraty, thats a new one."

Max smirked, "Still man, you're gonna be the first human they see. All of them have only probably heard of our kind by word of mouth or from the princesses speech when we first came here."

Jacob smirked, "I'm sure it will be interesting. Hmm, I guess I should see who I'll be staying with."

"Would be smart." Max said as he took a turn at a fork in the road.

Jacob opened the file and looked through some of the papers till he found the one he was looking for.

"Lets see...I'll be staying at the....Ponyville Library with a Miss....Twilight....Sparkle." Jacob said.


"Spike. Did you pull out the extra bed?" Twilight called to her assistant.

"Just getting it all set." Spike called from upstairs.

Twilight nodded with a smile as she checked another thing off the list, "Good, only a few more things to get done in preperation."

Twilight felt so excited, she was actually going to house an visitor from outerspace in her own house. It was so exciting, who knows what she could learn from them.

"Hey Twilight, I got the bed already, but uh...why did we have to set it up? Is somepony staying over?" Spike asked as he came downstairs.

Twilight turned to the young dragon, "Spike, don't you remember. We are going to be part of a Homestay program."

Spike blinked, "And...thats.....good...right?"

Twilight sighed and facehoofed, "Spike, we are going to have a human stay with us."

Spike thought for a moment then remembered, "Oh yeah, those are those alien things that came here an year ago right?"

Twilight nodded, "That's right Spike, it was only a year ago that humans crash landed on our planet and in that one years time they have gained full citizenship as citizens of the Kingdom of Canterlot."

"So, what does this have to do with the spare bed needing to be set up?" Spike asked.

Twilight smiled, "Well Spike, in order for the humans to become accustomed to Equestrian society, their leaders, and the princesses have began a kingdom wide Homestay program. Volunteery ponies sign up and they offer to house a human so that they can get use to living with us and we with them."

"Oh," Spike said, "So...what kind of human are we getting?"

"Well, I don't know for sure, but whoever it is, he or she will be here soon and I want everything to be perfect when they arrive." Twilight said as she double checked her check list.

"Oh, well what else do we need to do?" Spike asked, hoping that they were done.

"Well...let's see." Twilight said as she looked through the list.


In the distance, Jacob could see a town come into view. He stretched and made sure he had everything on him. It did not take that long.

"Damn I wish I had my jacket at least." Jacob said.

"Oh, that reminds me. Here" Max said as he passed Jacob something.

Jacob took it, "What is....Holy Christ!" Jacob shouted as he looked at what he held in his hand.

It was his old CellComm. He quickly activated it and looked through the projected screen menu. It still had all his music, videos, apps. Everything and it had a full battery.

Jacob looked at Max, "How did you get this?"

Max shrugged, "Don't know. Probably got mixed in with my stuff during the evacuation. I knew it was yours though and hung onto it. Figured you would want it back."

Jacob nodded and turned the device off and pockted it, "Thanks man. So what you been up to while I was asleep."

"Well, I've been living in Manehatten and..." Max began.

"Wait wait wait. Manehatten?" Jacob said.

Max smirked, knowing where this was going, "Yep. And I went down to Las pegasus..."

"Las Pegasus." Jacob said with a raised eyebrow.

Max snickered, "Yeah...."

The two looked at each other, lips quivering before they both broke out into laughter.

"Oh man, don't tell me that alot of these cities have ponified names similar to cities Earth had." Jacob said as he wiped a tear from his eyes.

"You would guess correctly my friend. It's actually pretty funny." Max said, chuckling a bit more.

Jacob shook his head, giggling, "Oh that is funny. What's next?"

Max smirked, "Well....I didn't tell you about Germaney."

The two fell into fits of laughter again, even more so when Max made it clear he was being serious.

Jacob took a deep breath, "Oh man...I can't remember the last time I laughed like that."

Max chuckled, "I don't think either of us laughed in a long time."

The two smiled, and were silent for a time as they drew closer to Ponyville. Though finally Max frowned and looked to his friend.

"Hey...Jacob."

Jacob kept looking at the passing scenery, "Yeah?"

Max sighed, "While you were frozen...I did some checking and....well..she's okay."

Jacob was silent, then said, "Is she happy?"

Max nodded, "Yeah. She and her sister were placed with a nice old couple in Fillydelphia. The family there love her, saw her when I was checking on some of the other Homestay families there. She is doing great."

Jacob sighed, "Then thats all that matters to me. Now...lets drop this."

Max frowned, "Whatever you say man."

After that the two were silent, till they drew closer to the town. In the distance they could make out a small crowd of ponies; who had appearently spotted them coming closer.

"Looks like we got a crowd." Max said.

"Guess I can kiss just getting in nice and quiet out the door." Jacob sighed.

Max smirked, "Then I guess we better make this a greeting to be remembered."

Jacob looked at his friend with wide eyes, "Max....don't do anything stupi-aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh!"

Max gunned the accelerator and rockted forward, Jacob screaming and hanging on to his chair for dear life.

"I'm king of the road!" Max shouted.


"Whats that" A pony asked.

"I don't know but....duck!" Another pony shouted before hitting the ground. Every other pony followed suit as something flew over them at a high speed.

When the crowd looked behind them, they all gasped at what they saw. It was a large blue colored object, hovering in the air. Slowly the strange object descended, landing on the ground.

"What is it?" A mare asked, holding her foal close to her.

"It's a monster." One foal said, hiding behind her mothers legs.

"No it's not. It's a human vechile." Another pony said.

"It is?" A bunch of ponies asked, before looking back at the machine.

Suddenly the doors opened and out stepped two creatures. They were giants! They wore clothes, and sunglasses on their eyes. They stood taller then an average pony.

A few ponies stepped back a bit, slightly intimidated by the size of the creatures.

"What are they?" One mare asked, shaking with slight fear.

"Their humans. I remember hearing about them from my brother." A stallion said, looking at the bipedal creatures with wide eyes.

"Excuse me!" One of the humans shouted, causing everypony to jump slightly.

"Does anyone know where the mayor is?" The human asked again.

"Right here," The mayor said as she ran over, she was breathing heavily, "I'm sorry I wasn't here to greet you. Somethings came up and, I guess I forgot that you were coming."

"It is no trouble. My name is Max, I'm here to drop off the Homestay participant. I hope we didn't cause a ruckus." Max said, putting on a polite smile.

"Does almost giving me a heart attack count?" Jacob asked, glaring at Max.

The mayor looked at the other human, her head tilted slightly with confusion, she then looked back to Max, "Um I guess this is him. If you don't mind me asking....what did he say?"

Max chuckled, "Oh don't mind him. He is just a bit grumpy after reawakening. But beleive me he is very happy to be here."

The mayor wasn't so sure, but she nodded and accepted it, "Well, if you say so. Well, I would like to say that Ponyville is very honored to be part of the Homestay program, and we will all do our best to make uh..."

"Jacob." Jacob said simply.

"Jacob welcome here." The mayor finished, giving a friendly smile over to Jacob.

Jacob looked around at the crowd of ponies, many were whispering to each other. Others looked at with with curiosity, or just stared at him. Some, especially among some of the kids, or foals as he guessed they were called, looked at him and Max with slight fear.

'Yeah....I feel real welcoe here.' He thought.

"Well then, I leave him in your capable hands." Max said with a smile and headed back into his cruiser.

"Do take care." The mayor said as she waved bye.

Max waved bye to all the ponies before closing the door and starting the cruiser. The machine rose into the air, causing ponies to watch with awe, and took off.

Jacob watched his old friend fly off, then focused his attention to the crowd of ponies, who were now looking at him.

Jacob wasn't sure how to proceed so he went with something simple, "Hi."


Everything was silent for a moment, Jacob held up a hand and gave a smalll wave of greeting to the gathering of ponies. All the ponies looked at him, silently.

'Oh boy.....introductions...' Jacob thought.

"Umm.." Jacob began, before he was immediatly surrounded by ponies from all angles. Each one asking a question or seven and looking at him with wide eyes.

"So you're a human?" One asked.

"Are you really from space?" Another said.

"What was that thing you were in? How did it move without pegasi or earth ponies?"

"Who will you be staying with?"

"Where's your cutie mark?"

"Why do you wear clothes?"

"Your mane is rather short."

"You're so tall!"

Jacob looked this way and that, feeling a bit overwhelemed. As well as a tad bit afraid.

'Maybe I should have stayed frozen.' He thought to himself.

"Everypony," the mayor shouted, "I'm sure you all have questions for him, but Mr. Jacob has just arrived, surely you can wait for him to get settled in first."

Jacob chuckled uneasily a bit, but was relieved when the crowd dispersed, "I'll be willing to answer some questions once I get settled in."

Some ponies nodded with a smile, no doubt going to question him once more at a later date. The crowd soon dispersed as ponies returned to their daily lives. Soon it was just Jacob and the mayor.

"Well...that was certainly interesting." Jacob said.

"Sorry Mr. Jacob. Alot of ponies still don't know about you humans, or if they do have never seen you. I guess they are just a bit curious." The mayor said.

Jacob shrugged, "Eh no big deal, and Jacob will do. Mister makes me sound old."

The mayor chuckled, "Forgive me. Well, I guess we should find where you are staying for the Homestay. Do you know where?"

Jacob nodded, "Yeah, lets see," he pulled out the paper that had all the info he needed, "I'm staying with a Twilight Sparkle."

"Oh you are staying with Miss Sparkle? Oh you will be in good hooves then, Twilight is a very dependable pony. She is also very organized and studious, she'll probably have hundreds of questions for you." They mayor said as she motioned for Jacob to follow.

"Oh goodie." Jacob said with a sigh as he followed.

"Oh yes, if you need anything just let me know, as mayor it is my duty to make sure all the citizens of Ponyville are take care of; and that includes you." The mayor said giving Jacob a friendly smile.

Jacob returned the smile, "It is nice to know I will have such fine neighbors. I am rather surprised you are all so accepting."

The mayor frowned for a moment, "Well, there have been a few times when we of Ponyville might have been a bit....suspicious of unknown ponies, but we have gotten over that. Also, the princesses have made you citizens of the kingdom, so that is a sign that she trusts your kind."

"I see." Jacob said simply.

The two were silent the rest of the way, when they reached their destination Jacob was surprised by what he saw. It was a large tree, or a house built into a tree.

"Well here we are." The mayor said as she knocked on the door.

"Coming." Someone called, a girl by the tone of the voice.

Jacob watched the door open, and there before he stood a purple colored pony. Her fur was purple and her mane and tail were, save for a small line of pink. On her flank was a strange star sort of symbol.

''l'll never understand these cutie mark things. Frankly I don't even feel comfortable looking at them.' Jacob thought.

"Oh hello mayor..." The pony stopped when she noticed Jacob.

"Twilight Sparke, this is.." the mayor began.

Twilight gasped, "Oh my gosh! You're already here, but..oh no I'm sorry I wasn't there to find you!"

Jacob blinked, "Uh..don't worry about it. I guess you're...Twilight Sparkle."

Twilight smiled and nodded, "Oh yes..I am," Twilight giggled, "oh this is so exciting. You're alot taller then I thought you would be, are all humans this tall? Oh, I have so many questions."

'Oh boy....' Jacob thought.

The mayor chuckled, "Well I have some things I need to attend to. I'll leave you to get settled. Have a good day Jacob. Twilight Sparkle."

"Have a good day mayor." Twilight said waving bye.

Jacob gave a small wave bye, "Later."

Jacob looked back to Twilight, who was looking up at him with wide eyes. Though instead of fear or uncertainty, her eyes were full of curiosity and he could just tell, a promise for thousands of questions.

"Um...so..." Jacob said.

Twilight blinked, "Oh yes, do come in. I'm sorry I didn't come and meet you when you arrived. I thought you would have been here later, I'm really sorry."

"It's no big deal." Jacob said as he watched the purple unicorn walk inside. Jacob looked at the door and sighed as he bent down low and slowly walked inside.

'Living with something that only stands between two and three feet tall...might have some disadvantages.' Jacob thought, feeling a sense of foreshadowing.

"Oh...sorry about the door. This house was made for ponies, and...well..." Twilight said, her ears flat a bit.

"Yeah, height difference. It's no big deal really." Jacob said as he got inside and stood straight again.

"Are you sure?" Twilight asked, worried.

Jacob gave a slight smile, "It's perfectly fine Twilight. Trust me, small doorways mean very little to me."

Twilight still wasn't sure, but she nodded and said, "Well if you say so. Well let me show you around. I had Spike go and get a few things from the grocery store, but we got a bed set up for you."

"Spike? Whose that? Your're brother or something?" Jacob asked as he looked around.

"Well yes I guess you could say he is a brother. I've known him since he was hatched so we are close." Twilight said as she showed Jacob the library.

"Wait....hatched?" Jacob said looking at Twilight.

"Yes hatched. Spike is a dragon, didn't you have dragons where you're from?" Twilight asked.

"Uh no. But I heard about dragons from the debriefing. Uh...is it safe to live with a dragon?" Jacob asked.

Twilight blinked, then giggled, "Of course. Spike is still a baby dragon so there is no need to worry. Besides Spike isn't like other dragons, he is really nice, you'll like him."

"I'm sure." Jacob said simply. He took a book down from one of the shelves, he noticed that it was slightly smaller then a human book.

'I guess alot of things are probably in different size proportions, might not be much but it will certainly make things....interesting.' Jacob thought as he put the book away.

"Oh yeah. I have something for you." Jacob said as he opened his file again.

"For me?" Twilight tilted her head confused.

"Here. It's the check to help in covering expsense with me staying here." Jacob said as he handed the check to Twilight.

"Oh, thank you," Twilight said as she took the check with her magic, "But it really isn't needed. I get plenty of funding."

"Well...take it anyway. I'll try to get a job or something as well, I don't want to be a burden." Jacob said simply.

"Oh you don't have to do that, really." Twilight said.

"Well, even if you say so I'm still gonna find some work. I pull my own weight." Jacob said with a look that said he was not going to budge on this.

Twilight sighed, "Well if you want, well that's the library. Follow me upstairs now."

Jacob nodded and followed the unicorn up the stairs. Jacob had guessed that the building was one of those with the shop at the bottom and the living area on top, and he had been right. The upstairs consisted of a section that composed of a kitchen and another small flight of stairs that lead to either two beds in a sleeping section, another leading to outside where he could make out the guardrail of a balcony.

'There is something about this place....something...distinct.' Jacob thought as he looked around.

"Well this is the kitchen over here, up there is where the beds are. And over there is the bathroom. Any questions?" Twilight asked with a smile.

"Uh...when you say beds....do you mean that you and I are sleeping in...the same room?" Jacob asked.

Twilight nodded, "Yeah. Why, is that a problem?" Twilight tilted her head slightly.

Jacob opened his mouth to say something, but then realized that his answer would only make sense....if it was to a human woman. Jacob chuckled slightly, "Nevermind. No,it ain't a problem."

Twilight blinked and looked at Jacob funny.

'I wonder if all humans are this strange. oh no I shouldn't think that, it's rude.' Twilight thought.

"So...what now?" Jacob asked.

Twilight blinked, "Uh well, you can unpack and..." Twilight stopped when she realized....Jacob didn't have any bags.

Jacob smirked, "Yeah...maybe we can skip that part."

Twilight nodded, chuckle a bit, "Yeah. Um...why don't you have any bags anyway?"

"Well," Jacob said, "I don't have any. Don't really have much on me save the clothes on my back and the few items I was able to gain from the retrieval unit."

"The what?" Twilight blinked confused.

"Nevermind, the thing is I don't have anything really." Jacob said frowning. He hated being a reawakener.

"Oh, how come?" Twilight asked, curious of this circumstace.

"Well I was just awoken, and other then what I could get from the retrieval unit...well all who are woken from cryosleep will be in my posistion I guess." Jacob said.

"Cryosleep?" Twilight said confused.

Jacob sighed, "You know, how about we get the questions out of the way. It would make explaining things alot easier." Jacob said.

Twilight smiled, her eyes glittering and she immediatly went to get a quill and notepad, "Okay, if you're okay with it."

Jacob blinked by the speed at which Twilight had gotten ready, it made him feel a bit unnerved.

"So," Jacob said, "What do you want to know first?"


Jacob fell onto a chair, that was slightly to small for him making the sitting a bit awkward, but his weight at least was not affecting it. Still, he kept himself ready to stand if he heard the slights noise from the wood.

'Shesh....one thousand, seven hundred and fourty two questions.' Jacob thought as he rubbed his head.

"I had no idea humans were so interesting. You managed to go to the moon and can do things without magic! It's so amazing!" Twilight exclaimed as she looked over her notes.

"Yeah....please tell me that's all the questions you got." Jacob said, praying that it was true

Twilight nodded, "Oh yes, I have lots to study tonight, we can do more tomorrow."

Jacob blinked, "Tomorrow...."

Twilight nodded as she put her notepad away, "Yep. Tomorrow."

Jacob felt an eye twitch, "Oh....joy..."

"Oh!" Twilight gasped, "Since you're new here I should introduce you to my friends and show you around Ponyville."

Jacob thought on that, "Well, if I'm gonna live here for a time, I guess I should know where everything is," Jacob got up, "lead the way Twilight."

Twilight smile, "Great, well first stop should be Sugarcube Corner."

"Great. Sounds....sugary." Jacob said as he followed.

Twilight giggled, "Well it is a cake shop."

Jacob chuckled, and yet....he could not help but feel....more feelings of dread.

'Something's gonna happen...that I'm probably not gonna like.' He thought.


If this chapter was shorter to you sorry. I want to seperate the introductions in a seperate chapter so that one will probably be longer. Hope you all enjoy this :)

Also as you can no doubt tell...I need a cover art, sadly my skill in art is...not so great*though I am practicing but still not capable of anything good* Anyway if anyone is a good artist out there*Not asking for much really* let me know would be alot of help for the fic.