• Published 7th Jan 2016
  • 288 Views, 0 Comments

Minotaurs - FlavoredMoon



Twitchy gets into trouble with some minotaurs.

  • ...
 0
 288

They're Dangerous

I stood there, my dark red eyes darting back and forth between the three minotaurs surrounding me. I was trapped. With one wing broken, I couldn’t fly out of there. I knew I wasn’t done for. I still had one option left, a dangerous one at that. I was always too afraid to let it out willingly, afraid I’d hurt someone.

Taking a deep breath, I closed my eyes and allowing my rage and pain to flow through my body and my sadness and fear dissipate into nothingness. My eyes started glowing a darker red and the hair on the back of my neck bristled.

I could hear the minotaurs advancing on me, so I took a few defensive step backwards. I could tell they wanting to get rid of me right then and there.

‘Just a little bit longer.’ I thought, my inner voice echoing throughout my body as my muscles tensed and relaxed from the amount of energy tending to them. I clenched my teeth as I opened my eyes.

I never liked my power. It was too mean, it had no mercy. I spread my good wing to its full length in anger and rage. My misplaced tooth started bleeding, as it did every time I got angry. With a loud war cry, I launched myself at the biggest minotaur.

Only to be hit back to the ground by the smallest minotaur. A loud growl escaped my throat, filled with immense pain and anger. Throwing myself at the smaller one, I knocked him to the ground. It was tough but worth being able to see some blood.

I sprang towards his throat, but he covered his throat with his hand. I bit into the paw roughly, causing a strangled cry to make himself known from the minotaur. I let go of it’s hand and hissed in pain as his sharp nails had hit the top of my mouth.

As I let go of the minotaurs hand, I was picked up off its stomach by my broken wing with strong jaws and thrown against a tree by the middle-most minotaur. Drawing more blood from the almost useless wing.

I let out a cry of pain. I then saw the red haze surrounding my vision faded slightly. Tears threatened to form in my eyes.”ffuuck” I whimpered, I bit my lip and looked up. In my tear blurred vision, I could just faintly make out a rainbow streak across the sky.

I opened my mouth to yell out to it but was cut off when the same minotaur grabbed my throat and pulled me up the tree. I struggled to breathe in the iron grip. I gasped loudly as he used his other hand to grip my broken wing.

I let out a loud cry of pain as the pain hit me hard. Tears formed, but didn’t fall. More pressure was applied to my wing, making me yell even louder.

Apparently, the streak heard this yell as it paused in midair. Searching around, it looked from left to right, then finally it looked down. What it saw made it gasp. Shooting towards the ground it yelled out, “Twitchy!”

With all my strength dissipated as well as the red haze. Another cry escaped my lips as loud cracks and snaps sounded from my right.

The streak came to a closing between it and the minotaur, hitting it straight on the top of the head, knocking it out instantly. The grip around my wing and neck released and I fell to the ground, gasping for air.

As the streak scared off the other minotaurs, I finally what or who it really was. It was nothing more than my friend Rainbow Pie. A small, pink, pegasus mare with light blue wings, and a Rainbow-streaked mane with pink highlights.

A sharp pain shot through my right wing, I look over,”Dang, that was my writing wing.” I mumbled to myself. I look back towards the fight scene, only to find a very concerned Rainbow in my personal space.

My eyelids grew heavy as she lifted me onto her neck and onto her back. Groaning slightly from the pain, I closed my eyes from lack of energy. As we lifted into the air, I cherished the feeling of wind going past me, like the first time I had flew.

I couldn’t hear anything but the rushing air and the chirping birds in the afternoon.


I awoke to the sound of yelling, though it sounded ten times louder. With a loud groan I opened one of my eyes slightly. There was a blue and blonde, with a little purple, mare and some large green and purple being.

As the mare came closer to me I realized who it was. It was my best friend, CC. A blue earth pony mare with a blonde mane and some purple on some points.

“Thank Celestia you’re alright!” CC exclaimed, wrapping her hooves around my neck. I groaned as pain shot through my wing again. I look over to find my wing wrapped in a tight, thick, white bandage. So thick, that it felt as stiff as a rock.

“So, um, what are th--” I started only to stop as I looked at the doctor. The doctor was none other than my childhood savior and the closest thing I have to a dad. Dr. Drake, a tall thin purple and green dragon. I raised an eyebrow slightly, then looked to CC.

She gave me a confused look,”What? He was in town and he’s the only one who knows how to take care of you without pissing you off.” I looked her up and down, looked back at Drake and repeated the action.

Sighing, I nodded. “I guess that’s true. Anyway, what’s goin’ on with my wing?” I ask, not disconnecting eye-contact with Drake.

Clearing his throat, Drake took a clipboard in his claws and read aloud,”Well, it seems that you have a broken wing membrane and some parts of the bone is smashed to dust.” Peeking over his clipboard, Drake got a nice picture of my face.

“You won’t be able to use that wing for at least a year.” My jaw dropped.

“...What?”

“You can’t use that wing for 12 months.”

“...O-Okay...“ I couldn’t believe my ears. ‘1 year? No drawings? No flying?’ I couldn’t even hear anything CC was saying. ‘No job?’ So many questions were flying through my mind.

“Well, thank you for helping us, Drake. But you should probably go.” I heard CC say nicely. When the door opened, I snapped out of my little mode. I closed my mouth and turned to CC, who was wearing an annoyed expression.

I laughed nervously and rubbed the back of my head. “Yeah, you probably wanna know about that.” Her expression didn’t change.

I laughed nervously again.

Author's Note:

I'm not very good at fighting scenes but I'm getting better. Have a little young adult Twitchy, CC, and Rainbow. And Twitchy's adopt-father. Just some filler for what I'm thinking.

I'm gonna start writing my stories paper than on computer so it'll look better. If you want me to upload the rough draft, than just tell me.

{EDIT: The picture was supposed to be uploaded with the story but I got ahead of myself. It's also done with my IPad not computer, so it's crap.}

Dismissed. :rainbowdetermined2:

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment