• Published 27th Dec 2015
  • 9,367 Views, 218 Comments

Mother And Son Adventures - Inferno demon Dash



Spike has never really felt as loved by his family as most creatures were his age growing up, but even he knows just how much his mother loves him. And knows she'll do whatever it takes to protect him, even if he's not her flesh and blood.

  • ...
22
 218
 9,367

Sickness

Spike the dragon couldn't have picked a worse day to have gotten sick.

First was the fact that it was his best friend Dinky Doo's birthday party and her older sister Derpy Hooves had accidently gotten a bouquet of Dragon Sneeze flowers which he was not only highly allergic to but when his friend showed him the flowers, unaware of his allergies he sneezed and blew an enormous orange flame onto all her presents on accident.

Naturally the gifts disintegrated on contact and he tried to apologize, being forced to run out of SugarCube Corner as he kept spewing flames everywhere until he was far away from the bakery, feeling ashamed of himself and the horror he had caused to one of his closest friends.

The fact that he had accidentally set his new issue of Power Ponies that he had gotten from his mother on fire when he had stubbed his toe rushing to his room to read it and that he had fallen off of a high ladder when he went to put away a book, only surviving serious injuries due to his scales with a headache once assaulting him in response was not making his day any better.

As most of his friends, nearly all of the colts and fillies in Ponyville, though he was only really truly close to a few, such as Rumble, Scootaloo, Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, Dinky and Pipsqueak ran out of bakery to see if Spike was alright, he let out a huge amount of fire upon sneezing again, forcing all of them to take a step back in fear as Spike with tears in his eyes and apologizing again and again ran back home to the Castle of Friendship.

He really hated Dragon Sneeze flowers, they clogged up his sinuses and he felt his headache returning back with a vengeance, his body felt weak and sluggish and he belched out black smoke, trying to hold back blowing any more flames and hopefully vomit.

Twilight was busy with Mayor Mare looking over a law to decrease taxes by a few bits which would certainly help the town of Ponyville as a whole and Starlight and Trixie had gone with Big Mac and Apple Bloom to visit Our Town in response to seeing how Starlight's old friends were doing and so that Big Macintosh could see his marefriend, Sugar Belle.

Spike was alone in the large castle and with Owlowiscious no doubt asleep until nighttime and Peewee visiting his parents and siblings for the week, Spike felt more isolated now than ever.

Despite some of his friends banging on the castle gates to try to get him to come out and talk to them, Spike yelling back that he wasn't feeling well and didn't want to hurt them as more tears cascaded down his face and he sniffed loudly before hearing his friends tell him that that would see him later and hoped that he got well.

Spike for his part didn't answer, he made a mental note to ask everyone at the party what they had gotten Dinky so that he could buy the gifts and have those who came write on the cards that the presents had, which gift came from who, money was no real problem since Spike was secretly Princess Celestia's son and was a prince in his own right, though he certainly didn't feel powerful or mighty right now as he wobbly took a few steps into the long hallway.

He was breathing hard and sweating, which was ironic since he was fireproof, his vision felt blurry and his chest hurt, how long had those Dragon Sneeze flowers been in the room?

He didn't remember his sickness ever being this bad before, he shook his head to try to clear his eyesight which did nothing and weakly called out to the only one he knew could help him at this moment, he just hoped he wasn't dimension hopping with Pinkie Pie again.

"D-Discord." Spike whispered as he took a few more steps, his talons dragging on the crystal floor as he called out once more, louder this time.

"Discord?" He asked loudly to no avail as he tried once more with all the air in his lungs, on the verge of collapsing.

"Discord!" He screamed, the sound echoing throughout the half the castle and causing Spike himself to stumble slowly digging his claws harder into the crystals as he saw blackness tint his vision for a few seconds before looking up at an enormous red and black vortex that suddenly appeared above Spike, the entire body of the god of chaos slithering out of the tornado as he looked upon Spike with a terrified expression on his face before reaching an eagle claw out to him, as that was all Spike remembered before his vision turned completely black and he fainted.


*************************************************************************************************************

In the pristine city of Canterlot, Princess Celestia had just finished an important document that relied on aiding the Yaks with necessary food and medicine in exchange for a few dozen of their race entering into the Royal Guard, it was an important moment to allow more than just ponies to be part of service to Equestria and Celestia felt proud of Pinkie Pie for suggesting the agreement.

She got up and was ready to go to lunch when Discord appeared in front of her in a flash of light, making her frown at his sudden intrusion before she gasped in horror and fear seeing that he held a sick looking Spike in his eagle talon and lion paw, Discord's own face obviously worried and he looked shaken as Celestia wasted not even a second to take Spike in her hooves and screamed at one of the guards to get a medic.

Once Spike was placed in a freshly made bed, four doctors didn't hesitate to look over him thoroughly, as Celestia was pacing outside of the medical wing rather rapidly, telling her loyal advisor to cancel everything on her plate for today even the important meetings, giving the excuse that she had a family emergency to deal with, she only hoped Cadance would be willing to play sick once more for her cousin so that Spike wouldn't be found out if any were to ask.

Discord was biting the nails on his fingers so fast he was chewing through both his lion claw and eagle talon, feeling no pain whatsoever as they waited to hear the results of the young drake, a guard waiting on standby to awake Princess Luna in a moment's notice should the situation turn dire and another to fetch Blueblood while Philomena awaited to fly off to the Crystal Empire to bring Shining Armor and Cadance, tears sliding down Celestia's face as she hiccupped and kept walking to and fro.

In hindsight this all seemed a bit much for sneezing violently and having what the doctors described as a fever, a rather high one on account of Spike shivering and being so weak but Celestia wanted to be absolutely sure to reach all her family should worse come to worse, a royal carriage was outside with two of the fastest pegasus the Royal Guard had to pick up Twilight and even two more guards awaiting orders to go retrieve Night Light and Twilight Velvet in an instant which all was very silly and extreme and would had made the guards upset, even angry if they were not duty bound once the doctors had came out and said that Spike would live.

To say Princess Celestia was relieved to hear those words would be an understatement, she practically collapsed on the floor when she heard that her son was going to be ok, Discord grabbing her just in time before she pulled him tight in her grip and sobbed on his shoulder as he tried to hold back a grimace, he knew she was overreacting as he himself wouldn't know what to do if it was Pinkie or his own daughter, Screwball in Spike's position.

After they made sure with the doctor to see if it was alright to visit Spike, Celestia nearly bowled over her guards as she rushed to his bedside, his eyes open and he was breathing rather heavy but he was alive and she made a mental note to order that all Dragon Sneeze trees and flowers be torn from the roots and burned so nothing like this could ever happen to her poor baby again.

"Hey m-mom, what are you doing in Twi's castle?" he asked sleepily as she gave a small smile and slowly, after removing her left front horseshoe, petted the spines on the top of his head making him smile, just like he always enjoyed.

"You're not in Twilight's castle, my little scales. You're in mine. You had a very bad reaction to a bundle of Dragon Sneeze flowers and had to be taken care of by Life Saver and a few other doctors, but you're fine. Everything is alright now." She responded as he only groaned softly, sniffing before asking for a drink of water making the co-ruler of Equestria stand up and teleport to kitchen to fetch the glass for him and came back to his side, being very careful with her magic as she helped him drink.

After a few seconds he had nearly finished half the glass before she levitated it off his lips and he tried to catch his breath.

"I didn't mean to scare you, mom." He said after a few seconds causing her to frown before she placed the glass next to a small table to her left side and slowly wrapped her front hooves around his chest.

"I'll always worry for you, Spike. No matter what it is you go through, you're the most important thing in my life and you'll always come first for me, my little scales." She whispered making him mutter a soft 'I love you to, mom.' before weakly wrapping his arms around her neck and hugging her as they embraced each other for a few minutes before Spike felt a drop of water splash on his shoulder.

Quietly he caught her eyes before reaching up and wiping away the tear making it her turn to sniff and remove herself slowly from the hug, her other eye already having a tear slid down her cheek as she turned away, embarrassed.

"I don't know what I'd do without you." She whispered as she sobbed, gritting her teeth at showing a side only her sister and Spike saw on very rare occasions.

Immediately Spike placed his right claw on his mother's shoulder and gave a sincere smile with all the strength he could muster.

"I'm not going anywhere mom, you don't ever have to worry about that. Equestria is my home and I still have so much to learn before being king, don't I?" He asked with a grin causing her to let out a half hearted chuckle before wrapping him up in another hug, they stayed that way for a few minutes as she suddenly started to hum.

It was slow, calming and was the one thing that always made them both completely relax, an old melody that Celestia's mother taught her when Celestia was Spike's age and it never left her, even after all these years the only other one to know about it was Luna and she wanted Spike to remember it for as long as he could, silently wishing that her parents could see their grandson and honestly wishing she had the ability to go back in time.

She had entertained the idea once or two when Spike was younger but she knew it was dangerous and that the only one who could truly do such a feat was Discord, who had told her very seriously that he would never tempt with Fate again, not after last time.

So with no other option she settled for hoping her parents were in the heavens and were looking down and protecting them as she prayed that that they would one day see Spike with their own eyes and that they loved him almost as much as she did.

As the slow, relaxing song came to a close she very carefully removed her hooves from around Spike's stomach to find that he was just barely awake, no doubt going to fall asleep any second as he had tears running down his cheeks which she wiped away gently with her hoof before noticing that she was once again crying.

"I messed up Dinky's birthday party, I need to make it up to her after burning her presents." He whispered making her smile with a small shake of her head that even when he was sick, he still cared about the wellbeing of others, she had truly raised him well.

"Shhh...get some sleep, my little scales, I'll take care of it." She spoke with a smile as he gave her a very exhausted smile and closed his eyes.

"I love you, mom." He muttered, those being his last words before he fell into a deep sleep as she kissed his forehead.

"And I love you, my little scales. Very, very much." She responded in kind before taking a washcloth to the right of her on the desk and performing a water spell that soaked the towel as she levitated it onto his forehead before she nuzzled his cheek and without a word, left the room intent on making him some soup herself for him to eat later.

As she walked down the halls to the kitchen she was surprised to see Discord hugging Pinkie and Screwball tightly to his chest as they all silently cried and left them to their devices, a powerful if not emotional family they were as she had a smile on her face the whole time.

Summoning a guard, she asked him to fly to Ponyville and deliver a letter to Twilight to tell her of where Spike was and what happened so she wouldn't worry and had him take nearly ten thousand bits to give to those who bought Spike's friend her gifts as well as give her and her sister four thousand of it for themselves from her own personal vault, feeling as though it was only fair for what had happened as it no doubt ruined the young unicorn's special day.

As Celestia got a medium sized pan out and started to make Spike's soup as well as a small pan for her own, despite the protest of her chefs she could not help feel as though she, for once was finally the mother she always dreamed of being and it made her sigh with relief.

Perhaps, just this once the gods were smiling on the mare who always wanted a child of her own, and now through astounding odds, had one.

Even if he was not her flesh and blood.

Author's Note:

I'm so very, very sorry for the late update. I know it's been a rather long time but season seven brought me back and I could not be more thankful that I am. I have so many new ideas for this story and others and I love being back into ponies.

Special thanks for my old friend https://www.fimfiction.net/user/128757/Steadfast+Hoof for recommending me this idea, it took a few days for me to think of the idea which was originally going to be a bit more humorous but then because of my mindset became more serious, if you know me you know I'm better at dark and serious then heart warming stories.

Anyway I have a few more ideas for this story of my own then I might be going back into romance, if anyone else has any ideas though feel free to send them my way, my door is always open, it's good to be back and yes I'm a huge Discord/Pinkie shipper as well as a FlutterCord shipper but I plan to bring this pairing back from the grave at some point which has me excited. Until next time every creature, peace.