• Published 27th Dec 2015
  • 9,348 Views, 218 Comments

Mother And Son Adventures - Inferno demon Dash



Spike has never really felt as loved by his family as most creatures were his age growing up, but even he knows just how much his mother loves him. And knows she'll do whatever it takes to protect him, even if he's not her flesh and blood.

  • ...
22
 218
 9,348

Hatching Certificate

Canterlot City usually had a calm but sophisticated air about it, exuberating in the sense that it was overflowing with the latest gossip, fashion, scattered tidbits of tips and advice, and the natural superiority that the upper class flaunted constantly over the middle and especially lower class of their peers.

But the lone monarch that raised the sun and moon each day and night for over a thousand years after imprisoning her sister in the moon itself cared nothing about her city, her subjects, or even her nation that she watched over for that matter.

For laying in her incredibly lavished bedroom in a crude but effective crib was a lone baby dragon, empty-minded in doing nothing but sucking on his tail, staring at her with wide, emerald colored eyes, and slobbering on a small but manageable pillow she had requested while having the most innocent, carefree smile she had ever witnessed in her extremely long life.

Almost instinctively the act alone caused her to give a sincere, loving grin the likes of which she hasn't done since she was a small filly with her sister. The drake had absolutely no idea what so many lives would do just to be given five sacred minutes with their sovereign, and he alone was given an entire five hours.

“Your majesty, I must implore you that the night court is urgently seeking an audience with you, and there is still the matter of Prance wishing to hear your terms of the negotiation for using a tenth of North Luna Ocean for trade exports with Vanhoover and Zebrica and-”

“Shouldn't he be given a name?” Celestia interrupted her most loyal advisor, Bella Script, as the unicorn mare’s mouth dropped open in surprise, completely speechless.

A fourth presence shifted uncomfortably in place, as the Princess’s personal unicorn doctor stood obediently, but thoroughly confused at the scene before him, skeptical that the alicorn mare was even paying the least bit of attention to the very important duties required of royalty and ruling a nation.

“Your highness, I believe that such a task should fall to the one who hatched him, like your new student Twilight Sparkle, don’t you agree?” Life Saver spoke slowly, praying to the gods above that she would listen to reason and leave such frivolous chores of taking care of the new resident of the castle to the underlings.

“I like the name Ember. Hmmm….no, no….how about Jade? No, that certainly wouldn't do, it’s a boy. Flame? No, that’s just awful.” Persistent to give the creature before her a name, she didn’t even hear what Life Saver had said so he was forced to repeat himself, louder this time.

Once he had managed to get her attention, an act that caused her to blink in confusion as if seeing both of them in the room with her for the first time, she smiled sheepishly and answered them in turn.

“Bella, tell the nobles that wish for my assistance to come back tomorrow, bright and early. Leave the documents on my desk and I’ll sign them later tonight and have the night staff go home early. Also, ask one of the staff in the kitchen to prepare a bottle of warm milk before sending them home for the night as well, thank you.

“Life Saver, as prior per your question, young Twilight didn’t even notice she has left the poor dragon on the ground after she had gotten her Cutie Mark. So I told her parents to send her over tomorrow afternoon. She is a filly, so she wouldn't understand the responsibility of taking care of a newborn and I would not expect her to, as the whole reason for the egg in the first place was to see if it would hatch, thus completing her exam. She may have hatched him, but she’ll never be seen as his mother, perhaps in time something similar to an older sister.” Celestia paused and looked once more as the poor infant before turning her head and continuing the conversation.

“I am well aware that we test a group of colts and fillies each year and respectfully send the hatched eggs over to the Dragonlands, as is in the agreement we made with them so we don’t subject our species with the dangerous and barbaric nature of greed, rage and brutal lifestyle that is the dragons, and all manners of races fear them...but…” She couldn't continue, already ashamed of herself for not delivering the hatchling to the world’s most dangerous predators on neutral grounds by her most trusted guards as promised, allowing her to look once more at the small creature.

Something had stopped her when she had never been prevented from doing such an act that she had saw to since she had been given the crown and throne of her race, but even now she didn’t know what it was and if she was being honest with herself...she didn’t care.

“Princess...the ramifications of keeping the dragon within the castle or even Equestria itself when it-”

“He.” Celestia corrected automatically, making Bella fluster in embarrassment and with a twig of annoyance.

“He, your highness could be dire. It may even ignite a war with them, and I do not need to remind you that they enjoy bloodshed and would relish in the opportunity to-”

“I’m quite aware of the consequences for not holding up to our end of the bargain, Bella, thank you….” The ruler spoke, knowing full well what would happen if she did not send the young reptile over to be raised by his own species, but again it felt as if a large hole in her heart that she had lost when she had banished her sister was slowly being pieced back together each time she merely looked into the young dragon’s eyes, while he mindlessly gummed at the tip of his tail.

Unconsciously she leaned a little further into the crib and a small portion of her mane spilled in front of the child. In an instant, he was distracted by the new object and reached out his tiny claws to grasp the slowly waving hair in his slobbered covered talons and cooed, looking directly into her eyes with not a care in the world.

As he chewed at the tip of her mane, an idea sparked in her mind, and their fates were forever sealed.

“What if I were to adopt him?” Celestia questioned as she looked at Life Saver with a glint in her eye that he had never seen before today.
The stallion sputtered incoherently for a few seconds, completely flabbergasted that such a question would even be uttered from the Alicorn who held countless lives in her capable hooves.

“A...adopt him?!” The male nearly screeched, almost upsetting the poor drake and forcing Celestia to gently rub his belly with the tip of her left forehoof, and as an afterthought, removed the limb and placed her solid gold, hoof-crusted horse shoe on the ground and continued her action, watching as his eyes with beginning to close.

“I apologize my lady, but the mere process of drawing up a birth certificate is impossible since he had no actual birth of date, and I doubt dragons even celebrate birthdays-”

“Well then I suppose he will be the first of his kind now, don’t we?” She countered with a tint of anger in her tone, stopping his rambling completely in it’s tracks.

“If you were to draw up a form and I signed it, then by Equestrian law, he would be my son, wouldn't he?” She asked slowly, as if Life Saver was a foal. He should have felt offended, but in all honestly, being insulted was the least of his concerns.

“I….I suppose if I were to type up a form and you did indeed place your signature as well as an imprint of his foot then...yes. He would, by our nation’s law be considered a citizen of Equestria and...your son, your highness.” He answered with a bow, chewing at the bottom on his lip at such a ridiculous idea of the Princess actually adopting a baby dragon; it was simply insane and unheard of.

“But Princess, what of the dragon scouts waiting on the edge of the border? They are expecting one of their own to be carried to them.” Bella Script asked softly, the poor mare looking like she was about to faint from shock alone.

“Bella, how much money do I have in my personal vault?” Celestia questioned, knowing by their nature dragons were greedy to a fault as she ignored the question directed at her without hesitation.

“Currently one hundred million bits, your highness.” The unicorn replied on mere reflex.

“Tell the guards to have the money collected and delivered to the neutral grounds, tonight. All of it.” Celestia ordered without even batting an eye.

All of it?!” The two subjects screamed, the sound echoing throughout the spacious room, again forcing Celestia to shield the poor, now completely asleep drake from the verbal onslaught without a moment to spare.

All. Of. It!!” She repeated, putting heavy emphasis on each word. As expected, both of them collapsed to their knees in absolute shock, with Bella looking as if she was on the verge of hyperventilating.

“B….but-”

“Do it, now! Life Saver, type up a birth certificate and have it sent to me immediately, understood?” Princess Celestia spoke with such authority that the two unicorns bowed as low as their bodies permitted and rushed to do as ordered right before Life Saver paused in the threshold, causing Bella to crash into him and fall to the ground before getting up and rushing out of the room as if she never even fell.

“Princess if you would be so kind to provide a name for...him.” He asked gently as if expecting to spontaneously combust at any moment.

She had lost count of how many times she had looked at him, at the one who would in a few hours legally be her adopted child...she never had children before and the mere realization brought tears to her eyes as she carefully pondered over each name she could come up with before finally deciding on one that just...clicked.

“Spike...the dragon.”

Author's Note:

All new chapters will be originated from this chapter, I'm in need of an editor if anyone would like to help.

I'm also taking request for romance one shots for Spike and Celestia, anything is welcomed but Spike/Rarity and Celestia/Twilight, sorry. Just PM me, enjoy my friends.

I hope to make, many, many more chapters to come. Happy and serious chapters will be divided and depend on my mood and the request I'm given.