• Published 27th Nov 2015
  • 398 Views, 5 Comments

Court Magician - Moonlit Novel



I used to be on the run, now I have a city that is my home, and no one, not even Princess Luna will stop me from protecting it. With my coltfriend Rich, I plan on keeping this city safe, but who is at the door?

  • ...
 5
 398

Chapter One: Broken

Author's Notes:

Thanks to Deadinlight for beta-reading and helping me edit

Chapter One: Broken

~ ~ ~

“So many ponies have lost themselves in the pursuit of the dark knowledge, and many more will…” ~The Tenebrosus Magus: What Drives Them, By Royal Script, Royal Researcher

~ ~ ~

Shadow Eyes sighed as she sat down on the inside of the shield bubble keeping the Lunar Princess out she breathed heavily. Shadow Eyes knew she had been extremely lucky as she attempted to catch her breath. Though she could not see past the shield she knew Rich Quick was sneaking around to the other side of the shield, out of view of the Lunar Princess who was now… If she had to guess from the rhythmic thumping on the shield… Blasting away at the shield in an attempt to break into the facility.

“Shadow Eyes, I presume?” Asked an older unicorn in a white uniform his short mane was combed back and was white as his uniform, his coat was peppered with white hairs, but the primary color still shined through, the color being a dark green. Shadow Eyes not trusting herself to speak, simply nodded before she realized her coltfriend could be caught in the crossfire.

“Please… My coltfriend, he should be trying to find his way in, his name is-”

“Rich Quick, former thief turned vigilante, we have been keeping an eye on you, but apparently a member of our circle deemed it fit to bring Tartarus on your head… We will get him inside as soon as he in within reach of the shield, but for now, perhaps it is best that we get you inside, there is a pony waiting to meet with you, a pony who has been looking for you for some time” said the stallion and he started to move before he noticed Shadow Eyes not moving.

“It… It isn’t Silver Hoof, is it? I… I don’t think I could face him after all I did, even if he chose a life close to the path I had taken” said a suddenly nervous mare as she bit her lip and the stallion tilted his head to the side, he knew of agent Silver Hoof, one of a few that didn’t have a code name, because he had no one to protect, or perhaps because he had someone to protect…

- - -

Shadow Eyes trotted in the room the ESIS agent had placed her into to wait for the pony that wanted to meet her. She could still hear the thumps on the shield and it unnerved her immensely the thumping frantic and loud even this deep in the building.

“I am sorry, Shadow Eyes, or should I call you Bright Star?” said a pony as Shadow Eyes’ magic was blocked effectively blinding her, and for the first time in her life, she panicked, she couldn’t see anything she was truly blind.

“I told you, Fixer 919, I have nothing to fear from her, and blocking her magic is a surefire way to alienate her” said a familiar voice, one she had not heard since her days at Celestia’s School for Gifted Unicorns

“Hello Bright Star…”

- - -

Rich Quick sneaked around the shield careful to avoid being seen by the furious princess, and she had every right to be furious, she just underestimated the one mare she was hunting and lost her prey. Now he had to be careful to avoid her gaze as he-

“HOLD!”

‘Well buck me’ he thought as he looked up and saw Princess Luna light upon the ground in front of him.

“Where pray tell doest thou thinkest thee art going? Thou knowest that thy city is under strict quarantine” asked Luna and Rich gritted his teeth, he didn’t have the magical prowess that his marefriend had, but his mind was just as sharp, which wasn’t doing him any good at the moment…

“Sister!” said a stern voice as a white alicorn landed on the ground hard beside the stallion. “How dare you! You have let this obsession of yours go to your head! You have endangered ponies all because you assume that this pony can’t be saved!” Her magic aura soothing the frightened stallion before he started to make his way towards the shield once more.

“And where doest thou-”

“Leave him sister, he is on his way to his lover, and he has not committed any crimes that are punishable by law”

‘If only you knew’ thought Rich as he made it to the shield and it opened enough for him to slip in and shut behind him just as Luna attempted to force her way through.

“Sister! Thou know not what thou art doing! If thou would let me dispose of the Tenebrosus-”

“Are you more a fool than you look at this moment, Luna!? You think I could be charmed by some lowly Tenebrosus Magus? Even one as powerful as Shadow Eyes?”

- - -

“Silver Hoof…” said Shadow Eyes as she bit her lip stepping away from him, keeping her distance, as he walked into the room she had a pained look on her face as he sat down on his haunches and opened his hooves in a gesture for a hug. She bit her lip and shook her head. “I TOLD YOU TO MOVE ON! DAMN IT SILVER HOOF!” she cried suddenly backing away from the stallion. Silver Hoof’s face fell as his hooves fell to the ground.

“I couldn’t move on, everypony I was with just didn’t measure up to you… I love you” said Silver Hoof and Shadow Eyes gritted her teeth as tears fell down her face. “What was I supposed to do? Get married to somepony I didn’t love?” he asked her only for her to shoot a blast of magic at him the shot was more than wide, but it blasted a hole in the wall.

“Just leave me alone Silver Hoof! I moved on! You should have too! I moved on so many years ago! Do you know the ponies I have slept with? How about the Gryphons? I even had a dragon or two! If I truly loved you still I wouldn’t have done all that!” said Shadow Eyes forcefully and Silver Hoof gave a sad smile as he walked towards her the mare backing away until she was backed against the wall.

“If that was true, that you didn’t love me anymore, why can’t you bring yourself to hurt me?” the mare started to charge a dark spell only for it to fizzle out as she let out a broken sigh. Silver Hoof smiled softly as he walked up to her and was about to stroke her face when he was clocked in the face by Rich Quick.

“Get the buck away from my marefriend” he said with such venom in his voice as agents made their way into the room grabbing hold of both Rich Quick and Silver Hoof.

“Enough, both of you! Her Highness, Princess Celestia will be in here, and I do not want to explain to her why one of her agents is fighting one of her guests!” said a pony in a solid black uniform, a stark contrast to white uniforms most of agents in the room.

“Clever Ploy!” said Silver Hoof in surprise only for the pony in question to turn towards him.

“You should know better, agent, these ponies are here under the invitation of Celestia herself!” snapped Clever Ploy angrily as she glowered at Silver Hoof. Shadow Eyes was silent and looked broken.

“I want his head! I don't care who he is! No one hurts my mare” said Rich Quick as he fought against the agents restraining him.

Your mare? Last I checked, I was the one Bright Star loves!” Said Silver Hoof as he snapped at Rich as the other agents also held him back. All the while Shadow Eyes just stared into space, a solitary tear now rolling down her face...

Author's Note:

Oh Shadow Eyes...