• Published 27th Nov 2015
  • 398 Views, 5 Comments

Court Magician - Moonlit Novel



I used to be on the run, now I have a city that is my home, and no one, not even Princess Luna will stop me from protecting it. With my coltfriend Rich, I plan on keeping this city safe, but who is at the door?

  • ...
 5
 398

Prologue: If Celestia Wishes, so Shall it be

Title: Court Magician
Rating: T-M
Genre: Multiple
Fanfic of: My Little Pony Friendship is Magic

Author's Notes:

Thanks to Deadinlight for beta-reading and helping me edit

Also if you dislike the story please tell me why so that I can get better

Prologue: If Celestia Wishes, so Shall it be

~ ~ ~

"[…] And the Tenebrosus Magus knows not of mercy, only of debts that she will call on when the time is right […]" ~The Tenebrosus Magus: What Drives Them, By Royal Script, Royal Researcher

~ ~ ~

I rose from the bed pulling away from my coltfriend, only for him to pull me back into his embrace, not that I really fought to get away.

“I need to get up” I said and the stallion huffed into my mane.

“You brought crime to a standstill Shay, you can take the day off” he said and I sighed as I lay there debating on if I should listen to him, or go out anyway. Sure it had been several weeks since crime had dropped severely, in fact, the guardsponies here actually stopped looking for me, and a few times even ushered me away from the scene, once even to the scene to get some ponies out of a dangerous situation…

“No, I can’t, what if I take today off and something bad happens? Something I could have prevented?” I asked him as I rolled over to face him, though I could see him just fine, I knew ponies got a little unnerved by my brand of vision.

“And what if Princess Luna herself knocks on our door and offers you a full pardon?” I was about to laugh when right then there was a knock on our door. Both of our expressions wore looks of shock for a moment before he pushed himself out of bed and made his way to the door, he looked out the peephole and motioned for me to get my disguise on, which I did, my light blue fur darkened, and my pink mane and tale darkened a few shades as well, my cutie mark, a yin-yang symbol inside of a purple star changed to a yellow and orange sun as I trotted over to him…

Knock

Knock

Knock

“One moment please” said Rich, my coltfriend and I silently thanked him as I made my way to the kitchen. as I did, he opened the door and there was a Unicorn stallion with a scroll and quill for a cutie mark, he flashed a badge, and my eyes went wide, that was a Lunar Guard badge, before he hoofed over a scroll to my coltfriend. Wait… That seal on the scroll… That is the seal of the Solar Court. I froze in the doorway of the kitchen as the stallion walked over to me.

“Shadow Eyes, I am Moonlit Novel, Former Captain of the Lunar Guard, I come with a message from Princess Celestia herself, ‘Run my little pony, my sister is in Manehatten looking for you as I send this message, make your way to the ESIS headquarters in the city, you will be safe there, you have my permission to use whatever means to protect yourself from my sister.’ And this message from a Agent Silver Hoof, ‘Stay safe, Bright Star, I don’t want to lose you again’” said this Moonlit Novel, and from what I could see with my magic… He wasn’t lying, but that message from… It wasn’t possible, DAMN IT! I told that foal to find another mare! But he did it didn’t he? He also went into a life of secrets and lies… Damn him to Tartarus, I am not leaving Rich for him, even if he was my first… Of well everything…

- - -

‘Damned Lunar Guards!’ I thought as I weaved through the alleyways dodging the bat ponies, unicorns, and Earth ponies all in the Lunar Guard attire, Moonlit Novel and Rich Quick were with me as I did so. Not paying attention I ran slam into a city guard and for a moment I feared my only recourse would be to kill the guard to protect me, when he quickly glanced around and ushered me past as he kept looking this way and that, almost afraid of being caught ushering me to safety…

- - -

Nearly there, dodging guards and civilians that I had either saved or otherwise knew what I looked like, we were nearly to the Manehatten ESIS headquarters when we had to stop, ESIS, ever paranoid of somebody using buildings for cover had placed a large concrete courtyard that encircled the entire building creating a space with no way for me to sneak past the damned blue alicorn that was circling the structure which apparently had a shield around it preventing me from seeing when the building looked like, one, and two, meant that Celestia had ordered them to keep Luna out of the headquarters, though it was obvious she knew why and she was determined to not let me get to the building…

“I can try to distract her…” suggested Moonlit Novel though he did not sound like he very much liked the idea.

“From what you told me, I am sure your partner didn’t take you having a change of heart all too well, and I doubt the warrior princess will have either, and Magus Bellum you may be, but she have centuries more experience than you do, even if I felt comfortable about letting you effectively sacrificing yourself for me-” I started when I felt him glare at me.

“I am not helping you for you, I am only helping you to save Princess Luna from herself.” I grit my teeth at that he obviously felt strongly about his job, and truly thought that he was still a member of her guard, that tore out two options out from under me…

- - -

“COME OUT YOU WRETCHED DARK MAGE! HOW MANY LIVES HAVE YOU CORRUPTED IN YOUR MAD QUEST FOR POWER!?” shouted Luna in her ‘Royal Canterlot Voice…’

‘Well… Buck this…’ I thought as I suddenly casted a sleep spell on Moonlit Novel causing him to pass out as I released the glamor from me and I strode out a look of grim determination on my face.

- - -

“How many lives have I corrupted? Don’t you mean, princess, how many lives I have saved from the corrupt? How this whole city is fighting against you, without me once asking them to, even after I had asked them to leave it be?” I asked as I entered her sight the Lunar princess conjured a sword into existence as she landed in front of me, “How many ponies would rather fight against their princess, than to lose their protector? So what if I use Dark Magic? It is a means to an end, not once have I harmed a pony who didn’t deserve it”

“Do not try to corrupt me Tenebrosus Magus, I will purge this city of your filth and restore this city to its glory” said Luna as she drew back her sword only for it to dissipate suddenly as I shot it with a beam.

“I would chose your next words carefully princess,I saved this city from corruption and crime, and I will be damned to Tartarus before I let anypony ruin all that hard work. I don’t care who you are. I will defend this city from anybody even you

- - -

I knew I was being foolish, there is no way I can match an alicorn in pure brute force, but her sister told me to do everything I can to protect myself, and I will…

Princess Luna shot a blast of pure magic at me, which I dodged only for it to change direction before it could hit one of the walls and fly at me from behind I grinned at this as I ran right up to the Lunar Princess and just as the bolt was about to hit me, I teleported right up to the shielded ESIS building, on the other side of her, the bolt hitting the surprised mare as the shield opened up enough for me to slip in. I don’t think she really read up on me, pity, that would have been a battle for the ages even though I know I would have lost otherwise…