• Published 26th Nov 2015
  • 2,538 Views, 99 Comments

Summer In Cloudsdale - Marli_Lin



Rainbow Dash initially did not expect to meet with the famous singer Soarin, After that Dash become his girlfriend in media. Rainbow Dash hope she not regret her decision.

  • ...
6
 99
 2,538

Chapter 8

Author's Note:

Oh Gosh! i'm out of idea :pinkiegasp:
I dunno if i can continue the story but i will do my best and here the next Chapter...:applejackconfused:

A few days have passed since Spitfire know about Dash and Soarin secret. Actually, Dash wants to tell this to Ben Bear and Soarin, but she have not had opportunity to do call them. Both are them were busy and difficult to reach.
"Soarin, are you busy now?" Asked Dash on the phone.
"Me? Soon I had to perform. What is wrong?"
"Mm, after this event are you have time?"
Soarin paused and then said, "Actually, no, but after the event finished, I have to go see my mom. Oh yes, my mother came to Cloudsdale today. Just arrived this afternoon. I had a dinner appointment with her. Why? Did you have problem?"
Dash quickly said, "No, no problem. It's just that I want to talk to you. Not an important issue. Next times we will talked about it. "
"Or do you want to come have dinner with us?" Soarin offer.
"Are you crazy?" Dash exclaimed. "Never mind, it's okay. You eat with your mother. "
Soarin laugh. "Well, I'll call you."
Dash closes the phone and put it in the living room table. She exhaled, grabbed the remote control and turned on the television.

"So your friend know about us?" Ben Bear, rubbing his chin.
Dash sat in front of him with her head bowed. Soarin, sitting next at Ben can only sit idly. The three of them gathered in the office of Ben Bear. Dash had just finished telling the two men were about Spitfire who already knew their deal.
"So the reason you called me yesterday was because you wanted to tell you this?" Asked Soarin.
"Yes. I'm sorry, "murmured Dash with his head bowed.
"Is not your fault," said Soarin, waving his hand. "Who could suspect that your friend calling you when you appear on television?"
Ben Bear sigh. "No need to feel guilty ... So what is your friend said?"
Dash looked up and stared at Soarin and Ben Bear. "Well, she was rather surprised ... But she's my best friend and I trust her. She has promised me to not say anything. "
"All right," said Ben Bear in the end. "It seems we have no other choice but to believe her."
The three of them fell silent, busy with their own thoughts. A few moments passed, then the silence was broken by phone ringing on the Ben Bear desk. Ben Bear lifted.
"What? Who? "He said on the phone as he straightened his back with one swift motion. "OK."
He put the phone back. Dash looked at him with wonder.
"What is it?" Asked Soarin.
Ben Bear rose from the chair and said, "Your mother is here."
Just then the office door open. Secretary of Ben Bear appear followed by a beautiful woman .
Dash gasped and sat motionless in her place. That was Lightning Skies, the author of the famous book. Mother of Soarin. What should she do now?
"Mom?" Soarin jumped from his chair and approached her with a shocked expression. "Why mom doing her?"
"Oh, hello, Soarin," says his mother cheerfully. She turned toward Ben Bear and greet. "Ben Bear, how are you? Glad to see you. "
Ben Bear smiled warmly and said, "I am also pleased to see Aunt again. Forgive me because yesterday I cannot have dinner with Aunt. "
"It’s okay. I can understand. You're very busy. How about your parents? "Said Lightning. "Have not met them. They are still in Canada? "
"Yes, they are still there. My mom also often asked when aunt will meet her again. "
Lightning nodded. "True, we should meet again. I want to know how she was doing. "
"Mom, why do you come here?" Asked Soarin once again as he took his mom's arm.
Lightning turned to look at her son. "Oh, the plane will arrive this afternoon, so I want to invite you have lunch with me. Ben, you should not refused this offer. "
Then Lightning eyes meet Dash eyes. She smiled and Dash smiled back stiffly.
"Well, is this Rainbow Dash? "Asked Soarin mom.
Dash awkwardly staring at Soarin and Ben, then rose from her chair. "How are you?" She said in a voice that was barely audible.
"Soarin, What are you doing? Why do not you introduce us? "Said Lightning, slapping her son arm softly.
Soarin woke up and went to Dash. "Mom, this Rainbow Dash. Dash, this is my mother. "
Lightning frowned and clicked his tongue. "What kind of introduce is that?" Then she looked at Dash and smiled. "It was nice to finally meet you, Rainbow Dash. You do not mind if I call Dash too, is not it? "
"Of course not," said Dash quickly.
"Tell you what, why do not the four of us went to lunch? We can talk while eating. Dash, you have time, right? You want it? "Mother persuaded Soarin friendly.
Dash opened her mouth, then closed it again. She did not know how to answer. If she could have lunch with Soarin mother? Or should she immediately excused herself and go from there? She looked at at them who were standing silently, waiting cues.
Soarin and Ben sighted. Finally Ben said, "Okay, Aunt. I also do not have a schedule of work this afternoon. "
Lightning clap her hand. "Very good. Come on, quickly. Where we should to eat? "

"Do you know her?" Said Ben to Dash with low tone when Soarin mom out from his office, leaving the three of them.
Dash was difficult, difficult to explain. "That's ... that time I did not-"
Soarin interrupted, "Ben, later I will explain."
Soarin was initially a bit worried about his mother's attitude toward Dash, but it seems those concerns were unfounded because the two women quickly familiar. It was apparent her mother liked Dash. Even when his mother asked how their first meeting, Dash replied smoothly, "So if Uncle is not wrong to take my cell phone at that time, I think I'll never see also meet Uncle and Soarin," said Dash.
"Well, apparently love at first sight," she said to Soarin.
Dash choking and Soarin automatically handed a glass of water to the girl sitting next to him. Ben, sitting opposite with Soarin could only smile.
"Oh yes, Dash, Ben is does not old. Why do you call him "uncle"? "Soarin's mother asked again, patting the hands of Ben who was sitting next to her. "Ben, you're only two years older than Soarin, right?"
"Looks like I'm used to call him. I do not know why, but maybe because of the appearance and demeanor so mature, "said Dash.
Soarin realized his mother watching him, and Ben. "That's true," said his mother. "Ben does seem more mature then Soarin. However, Ben dear, why until now you still sigle? What if I told Dash to find a girl for you? "
While his mother talk with Ben, Soarin hear his phone ringing. He fingered his jacket pocket, but then turned to Dash. "Yours."
Dash reached into her bag and pulled out her phone. She stared at the phone screen. As she cleared her throat softly, she close her cell phone.
Seconds later her phone rang again. Soarin turned to Dash and found that girl was pulled off her cell phone battery.
"He again?" Said Soarin.
Dash did not answer, just looked at him with a faint smile.
"Why do not you answer?"
"Most likely he will talk about things that are not important. As usual."

Thunderlane closed his cell phone in disgust and stood on the street with a feeling of uncertainty. Apparently Dash would not answer his call. He raised his left hand which was holding the entertainment tabloid published a photograph Soarin with a woman with sunglasses and hair bun. Under the photo there are other photos that also show Soarin was standing very close to his mysterious girlfriend, but this time she had a red hat with braided hair. Under the photo there is written large " IDENTITY OF SOARIN GIRLFIREND".
He had been read many times, but Thunderlane wants to convince himself once again. He reread the article carefully. His eyes stopped on a sentence stating the mysterious woman who became Soarin lovers finally identified as Rainbow Dash.
Rainbow Dash.
Thunderlane eyes looked back at the photos. No more mistake. The more attention, the woman in the photo was indeed very similar to Dash. Is that true? This is what he wanted to ask Dash, but she would not answer his call. What should he do now? Thunderlane did not understand why his heart cannot be calm. He was upset and agitated. He should continue to try to contact Dash to successfully obtain an explanation from her. If necessary, he will go to her house and wait for her there.
Spitfire chuckled grimly. Since she had tried to contact Dash phone, but she did not turn on her cell phone. Where is she going?
Spitfire looked at a magazine in her hand. She frowned. Is Dashie already know about this? It seems not. If already know, Dash will surely call her. Whether the child was with Soarin? Then she should have known.
"Spit, where the magazine I buy early?" She asked suddenly.
Spitfire tried to hide the magazine. "Oh? Which magazine? "
Her mother on her hips."That being hidden in behind your back. Here."
Spitfire cannot do anything while her mother started leafing through the magazine. Her heart was pounding. She hope there will be guests who come to their restaurant, because then she would be busy for a while, giving her a chance to hide the magazine. But her hopes were not fulfilled. No guests coming and his mother continued engrossed gossip artist.
"Gosh!"
This is what she feared earlier.
"Hey, Spit, look at this!" She pushed the magazine toward her.
"What?" Spitfire pretend not to know.
"Look at this! This Dash, is not it? Dash's your friend? "
Spitfire see a glimpse of the magazine and push it back to her mother. "Ah, Mom. is impossible. Seriously? Dash courtship with a famous artist? "
His mother persisted. "But here was written Rainbow Dash."
Spitfire said impatiently, "It could have the same name. Many people called Dash. "
That was a stupid answer you moron!!
Her mother paused. Spitfire glanced at her mother to see her reaction. Her mother studied the pictures in the magazine with a frown. This is bad, her mother was too smart to be fooled.
"No, this is your friend, Rainbow Dash" she said sure. "Indeed, her face was not clear, but looked her cheekbones and smile. Mom's absolutely sure she is Dash we know. You want to bet with Mother? " Spitfire did not answer. It looks like her mother did not want to answer because her mother was not looking at her.
"Apparently she was going out with Soarin the singer, yes ...?" His mother murmured as she continued watching the pictures in the magazine. "How can? You already know about it, Spitfire? "
Spitfire's eyes met her mother's eyes, she then quickly said, "How should I know? No, I do not know anything. "

Soarin was pleased that afternoon. Mild feelings once during lunch today. But the feeling did not last long. When the four of them finished lunch and out of the restaurant, suddenly so many people to intercept them. The reporters began scrambling to ask questions and the cameras are directed to them.
"Soarin, is she really Rainbow Dash, your lover?"
"Why four of you doing here, Soarin?"
"Mrs. Lightning, have you meet Rainbow Dash?"
"Any comments, Rainbow Dash?"
Soarin could not hear of another because everyone talking at same time. He felt Dash froze next to him. He understood her feelings, he himself was also very surprised to suddenly have to deal with a crowd of reporters like this. And where they know Dash name?
The situation became chaotic. Ben Bear trying to calm the journalists who did not cease photographing. Soarin's mother just confusion, but still can be calm. Dash can only be lowered. Automatically, Soarin draw Sandy behind his back. He was aware of the girl's body tense.
Just at that moment their car was stopped in front of the restaurant. Soarin immediately embrace Dash shoulders and guided her through the crowd with journalists. Dash and her mother managed to get into the car. Then when Soarin came in and sat next to the steering wheel, Ben already started the car.
"What's going on?" Said Ben when they drove down the highway.
Soarin did not answer. He turned and saw Dash sitting in the back with his mother. "Are you okay?"
Dash does not look healthy. Her face was a little pale, but she forced a smile. "Yes."
"How did they know Dash name?" Soarin asked to his manager.
"I have no idea." Said Ben.
"You have not told reporters about Dash?"
Soarin looks at his mother who looked very agitated. "Not yet. "
Ms. Skies somewhat awkward when answering, "It looks like I’m the one who had been leaked to reporters."
Soarin could only listen in silence while her mother explained what happened during an interview at the bookstore. Ben did not comment. Dash also just sit there quietly.
"Forgive Aunt, Dash. Aunt does not know you do not want people to know. "
Dash smiled. "It's okay, Aunt. Not a big deal. Anyway, sooner or later they will know, too. "
Soarin suspect Dash actually worried, it's just that she does not want to show it, scare if his mother felt guilty.
"True, this is not a big problem," said Ben Bear broke the silence. "Now it is important that we drive Dash home first, then us to the airport to escort Aunt." He looked at Lightning through the rearview mirror. "Do not worry. Everything will be alright."
When they arrived at the apartment building, Dash drove up to the front door of her apartment.
"Okay, I've arrived," said Dash at the front door of the apartment. "Go. You still had to take your mother to the airport. "
Soarin looked at her who standing in front of him. Although Dash smiled, Soarin could see the smile was not the usual cheerful smile.
"What are you thinking now?" Asked Soarin.
Dash's eyes look dreamy. She drew a deep breath and exhale slowly. "I do not know," she said. "A lot of I think to the extent that I was confused."
Soarin did not say anything. He waited because it looks like she still wants to speak.
"Everyone already knows. What should I do now? "Asked Dash, more to herself. Suddenly her eyes widened and she stared Soarin. "My parents. They must also know. What should I tell them? "
Soarin does not have an answer to these questions, but suddenly, at that moment, he was sure of one thing. He did not want the girl standing in front of him got into trouble. But what could he do? He was annoyed with himself for not being able to say something comforting.
Slowly he stepped forward and embraced her. Dash did not shy away. Do not know why but Soarin feel everything was right as Dash was in his arms. The whole fatigue seemed to flow out of his body. He wanted to continue like this. He wanted to stand there and hugged Dash forever.
"Do not worry," said Soarin slowly. "You'll be fine. Trust me."
I'll make sure you do not get in trouble ....
He let go of his arms and looked at Dash. Dash took a breath and smiled a little.
"I know," Dash said, nodding emphatically. "I can handle it. "
Soarin wait until Dash entered the apartment before turning away. He walked towards the elevator without realizing there is a big tall man was watching his departure is not far from there.
Dash closed the apartment door and took a deep breath. She threw her bag to a chair and sat down on the floor.
How did it happen? Lunch fun turns into chaos. Dash could not describe her feelings when she came out of the restaurant and suddenly faced with a horde of journalists who endlessly snapping a camera, shouting her name, and ask questions. As if the events that happened was unreal, like a dream.
What should she do? What had she done?
Probably from the beginning that she should not be involved with Soarin Skies. Her name has now spread and perhaps tomorrow will face clearly displayed in the tabloids. Actually only one thing that worried about hdf, reaction of her parents. How she should explain all of this to her parents?
Dash grabbed her bag and pulled out the phone. The phone's battery is not installed. She looked at her cell phone. Whether she should call his parents? If parents know, they definitely will not stay silent, especially his mother. Although she explained that it was not true, and in fact he did not have any relationship with Soarin, she believes the situation will be no different.
Soarin. Dash mind drifted back to when she was in his arms. When Soarin hugged her, time seemed to stop spinning. When Soarin said everything would be fine, she really believes. When Soarin off his arms, confidence was lost again. Why so?

Soarin. Dash does not fully included honest to him. Is this a fair? Dash got up and went to a small closet next to a television. She opened the cupboard and pulled out a small purple pouch made of velvet. She untied the bag and issued a red heart-shaped brooch with shiny golden fringes. Dash looked at the brooch in her palm as she thinks. From the beginning she should not be involved with Soarin. If she refuses ...
But when she really wants to know.
Is now she's getting an answer?
The doorbell rang, attract Dasg mind back to consciousness. Dash walked silently to the door and peeked out of a small hole in the door. She saw the face of Thunderlane. He again. Dash did not want to talk to him, even today.
Thynderlane knocked on the door and said, "Dash, open the door. I know you in there. "
Dash frowned. She still did not move from behind the door.
"We have to talk, Dash," said Thunderlane again. "I will wait here until you want to open the door."
Dash snorted softly. Up to you, she told herself. She turned and walked to the bed.