• Published 16th Nov 2015
  • 420 Views, 8 Comments

I Am A Soldier [Nanowrimo] - GreyVestibule



A changeling soldier must find a way to survive after surviving the aftermath of the canterlot wedding.

  • ...
 8
 420

Epilogue

Epilogue

The sun that had danced by the mountains for so long finally found the courage to touch the horizon. Its' heat remained for a moment as it disappeared, the barest reminder of what was before it too had to go. The moon came up over the rising, beginning it's gradual arc across the sky, shining down below at the desert. Somewhere within it laid a town, populated by ponies. They were suffering for their choice to defend themselves, but thankfully, they had all lived. The ones who had threatened them, a band of outlaws, sat in jail, awaiting a proper verdict for their crimes. On one of the streets, there laid remnants of the fight that had occurred to assure their capture. Scuffs in the sandy soil where ponies had braced themselves, or fallen. Tattered bits of clothing from when it got especially physical.

Something else laid in the street. A hard, curved chunk of black material that glistened in the moonlight. It had a point that it tapered to, but on the other end it was wider, and jagged, as though it were some piece of stone or ceramic that had been broken off from a statue. A dark green, porous material whose color could not be perceived in the low light was on the inside of that end. A few other pieces, small shards of the harder black exterior were scattered about as if in an explosion.

Somewhere in the town, there was a heart beating. It was filled with pain and loss. But more than that, more than anything else in that heart, there laid a sense of gratitude.

A sense of belonging.

Comments ( 6 )

6639506
Thanks, I'm glad you think so -- hopefully that holds up through the rest of the story,

6638103
Hehe, well I'm sorry I neglected to post more over the course of the month, hopefully the rest will entertain you though.

6638103 Can I please get a link to that fanfic?

6685279
Sorry I missed seeing this! Of course you can. Didn't end up reaching the 50k by the end of the month, but am still working on it when I can. (Holidays, finals, being sick for awhile kind of making it hard to concentrate on writing,)
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/299498/long-live-the-queen

6685064
Yes indeed I have been enjoying it! Haven't gotten too far yet as distractions (heh so many :P) but will continue and will post my feelings for it when I am done!

Aaaand I finally found time to finish! Wow, this was just awesome. Kind of sad with how it ended, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a good ending. She went out fighting, which was what she wanted.
(Though I wouldn't mind a sequel, hehe. Not sure how it would work on bringing her back or what not, but man, I want to read more of your work now. :P)

6822142
Thanks for reading it through, glad you enjoyed it and the ending. I felt like it was probably the best way for her to go out. I'm not sure if I'll make a sequel, though it's something I've considered-- though I'll admit, I feel more tempted to go over this story once more and iron it out, get rid of the NaNo kinks before I dedicate much effort to a sequel.

Hopefully I'll muster up the will to write some more at some point.

6852768
Oh I can understand that! Heh writing quickly for Nano, no matter how good one might be is going to leave some bits needing fixing. (I do remember a few I think, but not where they were. :P) When I get to the end of mine will have to go back and do so too. (Maybe during the summer when all I will have going on is my job.)
Whether it is a sequel or just another changeling fanfic or well MLP in general, I would look forward to reading it if you do!

Login or register to comment