• Published 3rd Jun 2012
  • 1,145 Views, 17 Comments

Destiny Is A Tree With Many Branches - Gypsy



Four chosen to defend the land not their own.

  • ...
6
 17
 1,145

Beginning Of The End

Chapter I : Beginning of the End


The Seneschal sat on his throne with a bored demeanor. It's been too many years now, everything was beginning to get nauseating. Having to control and deal the same cursed cycle over and over.

Arisens come and go like the Gransys wind. They each are different but all come to the same results as before me. Have I been too harsh? Maybe The Dragon was harsh, though I cant blame it, I suspect no one would've like to become something that was feared and hated.

I, steward of the world, lusted for power and found it, but not just any power, oh no! I obtained literal godhood with a simple thrust of a sword for that was my will. I relished the power and bathed in it.

Yet, like as everything else in this damned world, it came with an equal price. Responsibility. To watch over the world and to test others with a will to match my own.

It felt like hundreds of years ago when I first became the Seneschal.

To have become the Seneschal is not a task many would do let alone with eagerness.

When I was chosen to be the Arisen I had gained untold amounts of pride and power. Gore-Chimeras and Wryms fell at my feet.

My name was Tuezacoatl but I have long abandoned that name in place of Seneschal. A mighty Mystic Knight i was, my pawn, Azure, was a beautiful female mage.

We, including two other pawns, conquered every challenge we faced, even when confronted face-to-face with a Arch-Hydra and surrounded by giant undead we felt no fear. I was the Arisen and thirsted for power, nothing could have stopped me.

As I got used to becoming the Seneschal I became bored of the watching, bored of all the talking, bored of the same unending world where nothing changed not even the people, why? One would ask why but not one will ever ask nor perceive the question in the first place. Such is the cycle, the circle, the loop of this world.

So after so many cycles i devoted myself to being defeated. Going through at least three cycles of Arisens in the time, the third only just recently, not one could replace me.

One had struck a deal with The Dragon and became the Duke of Gransys, another had let fear over take him and fled into an illusion of his once simple life, and the last was not strong enough to defeat me in battle and so he had become the next dragon to which start the cycle anew.

I looked around to take notice of my surroundings. Nothing as always. Azure, my beloved, lied naked on the floor sleeping. I sighed, could I not do something else? Must I follow the cycle like the other Seneschals had done? No! I will not deal with this any more, I will shape my own destiny, one to break the cycle.

Pawns spoke of other worlds and now that ive reached the end, I will go and see. This unchanging world wont end if I stop caring for it for awhile.

•••

The Fateless One geared in prismere armor stood before Tirnoch in the Cave of Amethyn. Tirnoch was more than a five hundred times the size of him yet he was not afraif nor was he going to fail.

Large and muscular man clenched the handle on the red greatsword, roaring his battle cry before charging at his foe.

Tirnoch looked down at the Fateless One. Words echo. "Look to where has the fate brought you."

Tirnoch "The Goddess under the Mountain", a very large and tens of thousands year old dragon. Sealed in a cave by the ancient Alfar. She was angry and she was possibly insane.

Tirnoch had inhaled large amounts of air for a punishing breathe of fire but before either one could strike the first blow a figure glowing gold appeared in between and all went white then dark.

•••

Hovering in front of the Dragonborn was Alduin. The Dragonborn readied his blade, the sun shinning off the relic blade. "You may carry the weapons of the ancient Nords, but you are not their equal!" Alduin said to his prey.

"JOOR-ZAH-FRUL!!!" The Dragonborn shouted at the mighty dragon before him. The battle had been going for twenty-or-so minutes each trying to fell the other.

Alduin crash landed with a large boom that shook the ground beneath the Dragonborn's feet.

The Dragonborn took the chance to rush up to his enemy to deliver a deadly blow. He was within mere feet of Alduin's head, he raised his Dragon's Bane sword high but before he could connect his blow a figure in glowing gold robes appeared in between then all went white then dark.

•••

The Hero of Ferelden was having quite the troublesome time bringing down the former god of beauty.

As he was shooting arcane bolts at the cause for the horrid blight a wave of darkspawn emerged but luckily his teammates manage to keep them at bay.

A few darkspawn had gotten through and blocked his path but not after he placed a few arcane bolts to the head.

He had cleared a way to the Archdemon, but as he looked around he noticed everything was slowing down including himself and the archdemon. Out of nowhere a figure in glowing gold robes appeared in front and everything went white then black.

•••

Everything was going according to plan. This was definitely a huge difference between the old cycle, doesn't hurt to try new things...most of the time. Now, and most importantly...

•••

He stood there on the large battle ground in the Tainted Mountains region. There on the right of the flat field stood the current Arisen, his main pawn and two others. To the left, The Dragon. Both staring at each other with the intent to kill.

The Seneschal took notice of the current Arisen and his main pawn, a fine young man the Arisen was, carrying a longbow and covered head to toe in steel and leather. His main pawn, a mage, reminded him of his somewhat. He should make this quick, it'd be boring if the Arisen fought the Dragon here and now. Everything went white then black.

•••

He came back to his dreadfully dull domain once again. "Master, you have returned." His pawn greeted him.

"Yes, and I have good news as well." He waved his hand and what appeared was four large orbs glowing white.

"What are they?" the pawn asked.

The Seneschal smirked and faced the orbs. "The beginning of a new kind of cycle and undoubtedly...The last." The four large orbs became transparent showing what was inside. Inside each was a dragon.

The pawn was quite confused at the queer site. She had been there with her master when he had asked the previous Seneschal questions and upon being with him for so long she knew. "Master? The last?"

The Seneschal couldn't help but chuckle. "Yes, I am quite tired of the cycle and wish to be rid of it. But I would like to do something a bit out of the ordinary before I do." Behind the pawn appeared four more orbs but only smaller each holding four humans.

"Before we begin the final cycle, I must prepare a world which I found most interesting as I traversed."

•••

Princess Celestia and Luna were both in the regal throne room. One waking up and the other going to sleep.

"Sister how was night? I kinda slept through it, I'm sorry." Princess Celestia asked her sister.

"'Twas fine dear sister and do not fret there are more nights to come. Now I really must be off, rest well deserved if I do say so myself." Princess Celestia smiled and nodded in agreement.

"Rest is a great luxury is it not." The voice echoed throughout the throne room, scaring both princesses.

"WHO GOES THERE?! SHOW YOURSELF! DISCORD!?" Luna shouted at the nothingness. A quick flash of white and before the princesses of the sun and moon stood a figure with glowing gold robes.

"Why hello and excuse my intrusion, I'm The Seneschal." The Seneschal bowed.

Both princesses slowly walked towards the odd figure not letting down their guard. It's voice was odd, it sounded as if it was male and female at the same time.

"Excuse us Seneschal but what business do have to just barge in our castle?" Princess Celestia asked.

"Business? Hm, that is an interesting perspective indeed. I am here to tell you something of dire importance. Will you lend me thine ears?" They both nodded.

"I am here begin the end of a cycle. A cycle which has trapped the men I look over for since our time had begun, if it even had one to begin with. Suffice to say your world will bear the end of said cycle." Both princesses didn't understand a single word he said.

"Men? Cycle? What are these that you speak of?" Luna demanded.

"Please sister, no need to be demanding but I would like an answer as well." Celestia looked back to the Seneschal expecting.

"Man are complicated beings of beauty and death. As for the cycle, the cycle is something I wish not to share, not until my time is over."

"What are you here for? You don't make any sense to us." The Seneschal was quite patient though he would like to get this over quick so it can begin.

"I am simply here to warn you of what I have done to this land, your land, will bear the last and greatest cycle. Four chosen to defeat four chosen enemies. Atop your land, across all land, the plains, the mountains, cities, villages, all will be home to destruction, death, famine, misery, anger, and strife."

Celestia and Luna were wide-eyed at what they heard. "I WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO BRING ABOUT SUCH HORRIBLE THINGs TO MY LITTLE PONIES!" Celestia shouted at the Seneschal as she got into battle stance with her sister.

"I am truly sorry for this, but the last wheel has already been spun and only the four chosen warriors i have chosen will be able to stop it. I will greet you two when the time comes, in the meantime, Steel yourselves. Life is naught without tragedy."

Celestia and Luna couldn't believe what they were hearing.

Luna fighting off the urge to hurt spoke through gritted teeth. "Who are these eight chosen?"

"The eight are rivals eternal, four good and four evil. The endless struggle of morality have pitted them against each other and the universes powers made it eternal."

"Then my sister and I shall defeat these evil being with our might and be rid of this quickly!" Celestia said as she narrowed her eyes.

"Not possible, even with all your powers. Destiny has decided who will defeat who. Also, hypocrisy aside, I strongly suggest you don't meddle in the affairs of Destiny."

"Hypocrisy?" Luna asked.

"These eight are not of my realm."

"Then why has Destiny not punish you hm?"

"Oh worry not about my punishment for I already know what it is and I accept it with eyes weary and arms wide open."

The princesses looked at the Seneschal confused. He willingly messed with Destiny, knowing the consequences.

"Again I am truly sorry but it is the burden I must bear and me alone. Do not blame yourselves for what is to come, lay all your blame onto me." And with that the Seneschal had disappeared.

"Sister...What do we do?" Luna asked her sister. She has never been this scared her whole and knowing that probably hundreds or even thousands of their ponies will die...She doesn't even want to think about it.

"We must ready ourselves if what Seneschal says is true, we must tell the elements and warn the neighboring countries."


"Aye, there is life in the world, and with it death. Naught lasts forever. Each rises and falls in its time. But such is a death akin to that of pawns.They appear in this world, then vanish only to appear again, like bubbles in a mountain spring. As so it is with all that lives within this eternal world. In time, you will come to see it happen under your watch as Seneschal. Each beast, each blade of grass, each human life is born to die and be born again in endless rhythm. Naught lasts forever, yet all persists unto eternity."
_______________________________________________


Oh snap! What?! Crazy super crossover? DON'T MIND IF I DO!

Yeah that's right guys epic stuff right here, at least I hope I did good, if you guys got any suggestions or something don't be afraid to post a comment.

As always Comment & Rate

Comments ( 17 )

I have only played Skyrim, but now I want to play the others.

More please I'm interested as to where this is going...

Oh I've played all of these continue please and by that I mean naow

The dragon born the arisen the warden commander and the reckoned nice combo

*Oblivion arena announcer voice*: THIS, SHOULD, BE, INTERESTING!

691509 I've played all of them (except Dragon Age) and I LOVE these games. You should definitely buy at least Dragon's Dogma or Kingdoms of Amalur. I cannot recommend Dragon Age, but I have heard good things about that game, too. So, what i'm trying to say is: GO BUY THESE GAMES IMMEDIATELY! They are definitely worth your time and money.

3689956
I got Amalur. :rainbowwild: it's fun. And the world is massive.

3690226 Good for you! What destiny are you currently using?

3693071
I like to keep switching between them, but right now, Crusader. Become a battle-hardened soldier and get to teleport? Yes please!

Where did you get the icon for your avatar?

5241215

thats a very odd comment for my story dontcha thank?

Interesting. I've looked through fanfiction.net for crossovers with Dragon's Dogma, and Kingdoms of Amalur, but this is the first one I have actually found. And to top it off, it is a super with elder scrolls and dragon age, please continue.

I started looking for a Dragon's Dogma crossover and I found this, a piece of art with a lot of potential for both glory and failure.
I played all of these games, so when you update again, expect me to point out any lore mistakes you make.
Also, in the discription you misspelled 'Amalur'. You spelled 'Amular'.

Good luck with this story and I will eagerly await your next update.

5713199 i am also working on a dragons dogma crossover

5242246 This was the best place for me to put it, sorry. Anyway, do you think that you could please answer my question? (sorry for the VERY late response) Also, what's Dragon's Dogma?

5794710

I think i got it from googling my little pony zalgo and scrolling but that was like 2 years ago lol just google fly fluttershy or something

5794710
An underrated gem of a Capcom game.

Login or register to comment