• Published 6th Dec 2015
  • 10,228 Views, 171 Comments

A Gamer In Equestria: Reborn - The Dark Brony



A man with the powers of his entertaining system travels the land of Equestria alongside the mane six.

  • ...
47
 171
 10,228

Chapter 12 - Along Came A Spider

Author's Note:

This Chapter Includes Part one of my Crossover with Dragon363's story Displaced Spider.

As soon as I arrived at Sweet Apple Acres I looked around to find that it was quiet before I shut my eyes and felt around for any signs of life around me. I then felt a small group of ponies in the barn before I began to walk towards it.

As I got closer I could hear the sound of familiar voices says “He just disappeared. He was right in front of me and he just disappeared.”

I then heard another voice ask “Why would he just leave ya in the middle of the station?”

“I'm sure he had his reasons, ” another voice said quietly.

“What possible reason could he have for leaving Scootaloo?” I then stepped up to the door before knocking.

Seconds later I heard the sound of someone walking up to the door and as it opened I saw everybody inside staring at me. I then put my hands up in the air before I said “Before you say anything I have a reason for disappearing.”

I then heard Twilight say “Okay then let’s hear the reason. I would love to hear why you left us at the train station.”

I then hear Applebloom say “And left Scootaloo at the school when ya said ya would pick her up”

“Okay here is my reason. I got displaced in another reality.”

“Wasn't that what you described to us yesterday?” asked Twilight.

“Yeah , it was. Anyway, after I disappeared, I arrived on the Canterlot express in a different reality. Where I met a Displaced named Sasuke Uchiha and his 'employee' Starlight.”

“You met two Displaced!” shouted Rainbow Dash.

“No I only met one, Starlight is a Unicorn.”

Rainbow Dash then asked me “So what does his token look like?”

I then just smiled and reach for the necklace Sasuke gave me before I took it off my neck and showed it to the group. I then said “This is the token he gave me, if either of us ever needs help we will be able to call each other.”

I then heard Fluttershy ask me “Was he nice?”

To this, I shook my head before I said “definitely not. In his world, he had put the Celestia into the hospital, asked me to kill innocent creatures just to test my powers and then used a horrible spell to threaten Starlight.”

I then heard everyone gasp before Twilight shouted “He injured Celestia!”

“Yeah, he's that powerful. And I got to see his powers first hand and I doubt that was even using his full power, in fact, I could sense that he was holding back. If he ever came to this reality he could be a massive threat.”

Twilight then asked me “What was the spell he put on Starlight?”

“From what he said the spell will paralyse her if she tries to tell anybody about me or humans in general. From what I remember in the show, it was referred to as a curse mark.”

“That is the worst possible thing, ” Rarity said before she fainted somehow landing on a couch.

I then rolled my eyes and said “I have to agree with Rarity on this one, but I can promise you that I will never use that on anypony it's just wrong, it inhumane... or whatever way you say it.”

“Wel, at least you know right from wrong. Unlike him,” Twilight announced.

“Yeah, anyway Listen girls after the day I've had I think I want to just rest at home.” I then turned to Scootaloo and said “I think you might want to see our new home. But I recommend we wait for Rarity to wake up and head back with her and Sweetie Belle.”

To this, both Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo looked at me in surprise before they asked me “Why?”

I then smiled before I said, “Because we live just across the road from them.”

Seconds later Rarity regained consciousness and Sweetie Belle shouted “Sis did you hear Craig and Scootaloo are moving in across the road from us!”

To this, she smiled before saying to Sweetie Belle “Well that is good.” she then looked to me before she asked “Craig would you like to help me model some clothes for you when you get time?”

“I'd normally say no to that. But I know you well enough to know if I don't you will begin to tell me that I must. So yes.”

“Thank you, darling,” she replied with a smile.

“However. If anything comes up you will stop and let me deal with it.” I added

She then sighed before she said, “if I must.”

I then smiled before I asked her “would you like to head home together, my lady.”

“Always a gentlecolt,” Rarity replied.

I then say to Scootaloo “Let’s head home”

I then heard both her and Sweetie Belle say “See you later Applebloom.”

I then looked to everyone else before I said “we'll see you all later.” before the four of us left the barn and began to walk home.


Once we reached Carousel Boutique we all went our separate ways only saying bye to each other before entering our own homes. Once we got inside I turned to Scootaloo and said “here we are.”

She then looked around the room before she said “I'm actually in my own home.” I then see a tear start to form in her eyes as she continues to say “It' been so long since I haven't slept in a box.”

I then knelt down next to Scootaloo and hugged her then said “I will never make you do that again along as we live. That's a Pinkie Promise.” I then stood up then said, “I say we head up to bed we've got busy days tomorrow.”

Scootaloo then looked at me and said “Yeah I guess we do.”

I then smiled at her before I said “Want a lift upstairs?”

“Yes,” she admitted almost looking away like she was embarrassed.

I then knelt down and picked her up as she begins to rest her head against my arm. I then walked up the stairs past my room and open the next door down the corridor. However, when we entered the room I notice that it is completely empty. I then looked to Scootaloo before I said “I'm not having you sleep on the floor.” I then rubbed my head and then continued to say “Would you like to sleep in my room tonight?”

She then looked at me and said “Are you joking? I would love to!”

I then laughed and said, “sounds like you're asking me out on a date.” I then looked back at her and smiled before I said “let's head to my room.”

Once we reached my room I walked up to my bed and placed Scootaloo down on it. I then placed my guitar next to the desk before I then walked back over to the bed and began to lay down next to her before I thought I never dreamt I would have a life like this. I then turned to Scootaloo and said “I wish you could have met my family.”

To this, she looked at me and said “I bet I'll meet them someday.”

I then smiled before I kissed her on her forehead and said “chances are you're right. We’ll just need to wait for that day to come.”

With that, we both climbed into the bed, pulled the covers over us before we then began to fall asleep as she rests her head against my chest. Just before I fall asleep I whispered “Life couldn't be better” before I then drifted off to sleep.


The next morning I slowly rose from my slumber to the feeling of Scootaloo sleeping quietly next to me. To this, I just smiled and slowly got out of my bed before I walked up to the windows and opened them as light flooded the room.

I then heard Scootaloo say “Oh morning already? I guess my day starts faster than normal.”

To this, I just laughed before I said “forget about me that quickly Scoots?”

See then turned to me and said “Oh dad sorry I forgot that you adopted me” with that she climbed out the bed and said, “What have you got to do today?”

I then just smiled and said “Well I’ve to find you a bed so you have somewhere to sleep. I can’t have you sleeping in my bed every night.”

She then smiled back to me before she said “I guess you're right.” she then asked me “Do you mind if I use the shower first?”

“Go ahead” I replied, “It’s not my place to say you can’t.”

“Thanks” she replied before she walked out of the room before I hear the bathroom door shut.

I then walked over to my desk and picked up my guitar and put the strap over my shoulder before seconds later a small portal appeared just above the desk as a mobile phone appeared on my desk. I then began to think what the hell is this?

The phones voice mail said, "Hi listener I'm Jeffery the Spiderman. If you need a friend, some help in a fight, just someone to talk to, hell a person to relate to use on speed dial 1 and I might pick up...ok where is off button on this...ah there."

“Oh, so a merchant tricked this guy as well.” I stopped as I thought I guess a lot of people have been going missing in America. I wonder how long he’s been trapped in Equestria?

I then heard the bathroom door open and see a wet Scootaloo walk back into the room as she said “Ah best shower in a long time” she then turned to look at me before she asked me “hey what you found?”

“Seems to be another token,” I responded.

“Cool, can we. How did you phrase it, Summon him?” asked Scootaloo.

"Yeah I don’t see why not, but I guess it may be better to get everypony together no doubt that Twilight will want to see how this works,” I replied.

“Yeah, you're probably right about that.”

“Okay then Scoots get dry and then could you get Rarity and Rainbow Dash and have them meet me possibly near Fluttershy’s, and if you could explain to them what's going on.”

She then smiled before she replied to me by saying “Yeah no problem” before she grabbed her Scooter and rushed out of the door towards Carousel Boutique.

Seconds later I picked my guitar up of the floor on put it over my shoulder supported by the strap and left the house locking the door behind me.

-Unknown POV-

As I ran from a rather angry Celestia I let Hybrid take control to keep us moving faster than my spider speed.

As Hybrid ran with my body in control, he web slings through Everfree. While we were swinging through the trees, I let my mind wander to random thoughts and idle hopes that I don't have to deal with clone me and the universe getting confused when someone calls me and sends us both. Thus causing a major confusion for the other guy/girl/thing.

Once hybrid got us the safest distance away from angry Celestia Fat-asseus Cake Addict, he swung us to our lab to rest and think, since Alduiin really did a number on the changelings and ruined most likely screwed over a chance peaceful relations with them.

I also wondered who else has found my cell phone token and has yet to use it. I also realise I need to let Lee know how Hybrid is doing. During my mental musing, I feel my cell ring, this time before I answer I pick up my Iron spider suit. Which then reminds me I need to make some more suits to fight the powerhouses of my world; Tirek and Sombra.

-Craig’s POV-

Once we had gathered everyone in a field just outside the Everfree forest I turned and looked at everybody and said “Okay this may seem different but I’m going to call this Jeffery to us. I have no idea what he is like and if he is dangerous.” I then grabbed hold of my guitar and turn it into my sword then said “You can never be too careful. Please stand back” I then see everyone nod and take a few steps back before I pressed one on the phone's speed dial to call Spiderman.

Seconds later a man dressed in a black spiderman suit with a red a gold backpack on appears in front of us and then said “Hello you called on your friendly neighbourhood Displaced Spiderman."

I then looked at him and said “pleasure to meet you must be Jeffery, names Craig pleasure to meet you,” I then put my hand out to him and we shook each other's hands.

Seconds later I heard Rainbow Dash say “Who the costumed guy?"

"I am the Spiderman, Ironspider, and Hybrid." Said Jeffery.

I then looked at him warily before I said “Hybrid oh shit. Please say you can control him?”

"So you're familiar with the Hybrid Klyntar, good and yes he is tame enough, much like Toxin and his first owner had a deal going." Said Jeffery then asked, "What are you and how did the Merchant trick you? And Rainbow Dash, you seem to be a consistent egomaniac...sweet"

To this, I smiled and said “well first I only know of Hybrid from a game back home and maybe a comic or two. Second I don’t know of any Merchant I don’t actually know how I got here. Third I am not based off anyone and I don’t completely understand the origin of my powers, but from what I can understand I easily can manipulate any power from any game I played back home.”

"Wow was the game you played for Hybrid info, Marvel Avenger Alliance on facebook. That is a cool power set you have." Said Jeffery.

“Yes, and yes, I guess my powers are pretty cool, especially the fact that I can do this” I admitted as I began to hover above the ground.

"Well, I must ask what brings you to calling me?" Asked Jeffery.

“I’ll be honest it was just curiosity. No other reason for it although I guess that I wanted my friends to know displaced exist and I didn’t make it up,” I admitted.

"Well that is cool, well I figure as long as I'm here maybe we can have some fun," Jeffery said.

I then looked at him, as I slowly descend back onto the ground then asked him “what do you have in mind?”

"I think maybe we both play a prank on Celestia, also do you have a token I can have to summon you some other time?" Asked Jeffery.

I then smiled and said “Yeah I have a token” I then grabbed my necklace from below my top and reach for the token attached to it. I then closed my eyes as a replica of the blade appears in my other hand. I then looked back at Jeffery then said “here you go” as I passed him the token, which he promptly put in his belt.

I then looked at him and said “I don’t think we should mess with Celestia. Don’t really want to get on her bad side after four days in Equestria.”

"You have been here only four days I have been in mine for about 1000 or so years." Said Jeffery.

“Yeah and I don’t think anypony here in Equestria would take that kindly.” I then smiled and said, “But maybe Pinkie and Rainbow could be good candidates for a prank?”

"Yes, they are good targets, should I use my iron spider suit or Hybrid, or stay as black suit spiderman?" Jeffery asked

“Probably for everyone’s safety stay as you are except for rainbow use your iron spidersuit to get her.”

We then heard both Pinkie and Rainbow Dash shout “Not cool Craig!”

I then smiled and said “Not like you weren’t thinking of pranking me.”

Jeffery said, "Or me," before he chuckled.

I then smiled and said “How about to liven it up we have a challenge, Displaced VS ponies? Whichever group pulls off the best prank wins,” I then looked at everyone and asked them “that okay with you lot?”

"I am game, " said Jeffery then Hybrid took over and said, "We are too."

I then heard Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie say “Do we get a head start you do have superpowers after all.”

I then looked at Jeffery/Hybrid and asked him “what do you think?”

"We don't see why not." Said Hybrid

I then smiled and said, “Okay girls we’ll give you a head start.”

With that, they all made a run for it as I heard Rainbow Dash shout “we will get you!”

Jeffery then whispered, "You know my spider sense will keep them from pranking us."

I then smiled and whispered back “yeah and anyway I have a trick up my sleeve as well.”

"What kinda of trick is it a way to get around the pinkie sense?" Asked Jeffery.

I then smiled and simply replied, “All it takes is a bit of chaos.”

"Discord?" Asked Jeffery

Seconds later Discord appeared behind him and said “you know it.”

I then smiled before I said, “the only creature Pinkie can’t predict.”

"Deadpool?" Jeffery asked.

I then chuckled before I replied, “I’ll give you that but I meant Discord.”

"Ok, well at least that's cool," said Jeffery.

I then smiled and asked him “okay then how do you think we should prank them?”

"By first tricking them into thinking we didn't do anything and managed to prank all their friends and after they are so paranoid from this they don't sleep. Then the next day when they pass out from sleep needin' we then laugh since they pranked themselves," Said Jeffery.

I then heard Discord say “that really won’t work Pinkie won’t sleep when she’s focused on something.”

"Everyone need sleep eventually, so they will pass out if they don't or better yet we could just prank Celestia and frame Pinkie and Dash." Said Jeffery

I then shook my head and said “I’m not framing my friends.”

Seconds later we heard a voice behind us say “You think I’d let you prank Rainbow Dash by yourself?”

We both then turned around and see Scootaloo standing there with a smile as I said smugly “Defecting to the dark side are we?”

She then smiles and says “yeah and besides they won’t expect me to be working with you."

Jeffery said, "they will not."

“I guess you're right” I admitted before I continued to say “okay then I think that's enough a head start for Dash and Pinkie. let's get started.” I then look at Discord and told him “You take Pinkie, Jeffery Scootaloo we’ll take Rainbow” Seconds later Discord nodded at me then disappeared.
Seconds later I asked, “either of you got an idea on how to get Rainbow?”

To this Scootaloo just looked at me then replied “No idea.”

“You got any?” I asked Jeffery before I added, I'm“Any that don’t include Celestia or destroying the town."

"I do, you familiar with Cupcakes story?" Asked Jeffery.

“Yes I'm familiar with that grimdark Fanfiction,” I admitted before continuing to say “but let's not talk about that here.” I then realised what he is implying and shouted “No we are not doing that to her. We would essentially ruin her life!” I then stopped as I realised “Hybrid’s talking isn’t he.”

"No, that as me. I can be a bit of a sick person." Said Jeffery then Hybrid then took over and said, "Well we could since Dash know almost every prank in the book. Try something random, like... maybe have her house filled with a huge timed explosion that will cover her and her house in whipped cream and honey. then leave clues that make it look like Pinkie Pie did it then have those two go at it, while we rig some of their war pranks blow up in their face."

I then said "okay and how would we set everything up in case you don't know I can’t walk on clouds.”

Jeffery said after hybrid retreated, "Do you have a cloner machine since well I don't know the limits of your abilities, or maybe you could ask Twilight to help you. After, that we start up the prank."

Seconds later Scootaloo says “Or I could just set it up?”

I then sighed and said, “Yeah but you can’t climb up to her cloudhouse.”

"Well I could fly her up there," Said Jeffery.

I then asked, “You up for that Scoots?”

“Oh definitely. When can we start?”

"Let's get the stuff we need first, also who should get the incriminating evidence to frame Pinkie?" Asked Jeffery.

“And what would you recommend. It’s not like we have a party cannon we can set everything in,” I pointed out.

"Okay, well I'll be back once we get the gear," replied Jeffery as he walked to a party store.

I then shouted back to him “Okay then see you later!”

-Jeffery’s POV-

I started to make my way to the party store. As I walked there I smiled since I had money on my person.

Once I got there I entered the store, but as soon as I was inside I stopped dead as I saw Pinkie Pie taking all the prank gear. Seeing this I took a chance and take some of her hair to use as incriminating evidence. I then stored it away before I said to Pinkie, "Hey Pinkie, I have an idea for you."

Pinkie then stared at me before she asked me “and what idea’s that Jeffo?”

"Why don't you have me help prank my team, in exchange you keep me out of pranks. Who else would expect a double cross?" I replied.

“Hasn’t Scootaloo already sided with you?”

"Yes, but since due to that, I figured why not have a double agent. So what do you say?" I replied.

“I don’t see why it’s a bad idea. it’s not like you just took a bit of my hair.”

"I must ask Pinkie do you break the fourth wall?" I asked curiously.

"Oh, you mean when I talk to people nopony else can see? Yeah, all the time."

"Yes, well it's interesting to peer into the multiverse, isn't it? Well let's get working," I replied smiling.

“Yeah. Do you have a plan to deal with Dashie?” she asked.

"Why do you ask?" I asked her.

“Oh, I just heard you and Craig talking about using me to start a prank war between me and Dashie and frame me for a prank at her home. Was that your plan?”

"Well, I thought, maybe rig a timed trap that when Dashie is asleep it goes off and completely covers her and her house in either whipped cream or frosting," I answered.

“Oh that's why you got a lock of my hair, you were going to use it to say that I was there. You know you could that by ripping the corner of a Wonderbolt poster in her room for the same effect right?”

"Really, she is that easy?" I questioned.

“Yeah, she idolises the Wonderbolts. Damage a poster and she would be mad."

"Oh, want to help me do this?" I asked smiling.

“Yeah It would be fun to trick Dashie and that way I get to work out what Craig will want at his Welcome to Ponyville Party."

"Cool, do you think that I should do the ripped poster or the frosting prank," I inquired.

“Why not both?” she asked.

"Great idea" I replied smiling then I asked, "Do you know know where I can get the whipped cream to do this prank?"