• Published 19th Nov 2011
  • 1,300 Views, 8 Comments

The Story of Moonlit Guardian - Motion Reflux



What would you be if you were alone for so many years? What would you do if somepony found you?

  • ...
8
 8
 1,300

At the Other End of the Rainbow Pt.2

At the Other End of the Rainbow
_____________________

To be alive is great

To be dead is not

But I am not either

For I am neither

Because I am you...
_____________________

The Day was a young one and Rainbow Dash had just finished clearing the skies of any clouds that were in the air. She was taking one of her ‘naps’ but this nap was giving her a Nightmare.

~~~
Rainbow Dash was walking around Ponyville, it was just like a regular day in Ponyville until she heard a peculiar slicing sound. She Dashed towards where she had heard the sound and saw a Grey Flying Alicorn with Bloody Red Eyes holding a flaming blade.

This Alicorn was on a rampage, slaughtering anypony in his path. Then... he looked at Rainbow Dash, his expression looked like sadness, and as he looked Rainbow Dash had seen a flash of what he really looked like behind this Alicorns Bloody Eyes.

She saw him... She saw Moonlit Guardian...
~~~

“WAAH!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed as she woke up in terror, she looked around cautiously to survey where she was again. She was still on the cloud she was napping on and a single tear dropped off of her eye.

“No... my dream was just a nightmare... It can’t be real!” Rainbow Dash said to herself as she spread out her wings and flew off into her home.

She walked into the room Moonlit was sleeping in and saw that he was still asleep, she sighed in relief and sat down to recollect her thoughts about her ‘Nightmare’.

Suddenly, her ears perked up as she heard Moonlit Guardian waking up, he was hazily getting up from his sleep and he looked at Rainbow Dash to see she was crying lightly.

“Ugh...” he whined silently as he rubbed his head and then he asked, “Dash, you okay?” and by that moment Rainbow Dash replied, “Y-yeah! I’m okay.” as she wiped the tears off her face.

Rainbow looked outside and saw it was the beginning of night and looked at Moonlit Guardian to say, “I need to talk to you.”

Moonlit Guardian nodded as he sat on the cloud bed and focused on Rainbow Dash. Rainbow Dash had explained her ‘nightmare’ to him and in the end he said, “I would never do anything like that... not unless something terrible happened... something that enraged me...”

He weakly got up and walked outside and as he exited, Rainbow Dash asked “Where are you going?” and so he replied “I’m just going to sit outside for some air.” and that’s what he did.

Rainbow Dash yawned and she walked into her room sleepily, she lay in her bed and she fell asleep quite quickly.

Moonlit Guardian was sitting outside, he had experienced a nightmare about Rainbow Dash, and how she had died because of his ignorance...

A tear dropped off of his eye as he got back up and walked back into the home of Rainbow Dash to get into his room and fall asleep, but as he lay in his bed he looked to the side to see a mysterious silhouette of a dark Pegasus.

He wasn’t too tired to realize this but he fell asleep before he could do anything, then the Pegasus that was inside of the home had vanished into thin air.

_____________

The Night passed by quickly as they both were asleep and then finally the sun had risen and Rainbow Dash was already wide awake.

Moonlit Guardian however, was still asleep and as Rainbow Dash walked into the room to try and wake him up she saw that the bandages on Moonlit Guardians right wing had disappeared.

She didn’t know how they were gone but she saw that his wing was already healed up nice and proper. She poked his right wing lightly. “Uh... Ugh... R-Rainbow Dash? ” Moonlit Guardian asked as he rubbed his eyes to see Rainbow Dash.

“Oh, you’re awake!” Rainbow Dash said as she pulled him out of bed and she said “Look! Your wing is all healed already! I don’t know how though but let’s see if you can fly.”

Moonlit Guardian asked, “Can’t we do this later? I’m still kind of half-asleep here.” But Rainbow Dash just kept on tugging him outside.

Once they were both outside, Rainbow Dash asked, “Okay, try flying now.” and so Moonlit Guardian spread out his wings which created a small shine that caught the attention of Rainbow Dash.

He then flapped both his wings in unison and took off into the air, he smiled and then he flew around Rainbow Dashes home in a quick minute. Rainbow Dash’s mouth gaped open lightly at this as she saw his wings change from a dark grey to a lighter shade of grey with a small shine.

“Wow...” she said, “The was Awesome!!” she cheered. Moonlit Guardian landed beside Rainbow Dash and gave her a big hug, she blushed of course, but she also hugged him back.

“I still wonder how your wing healed so quickly” she asked and he replied “I don’t know, but if it’s healed, then it’s healed!” and he quickly took off into the sky again and started flying around for fun.

Rainbow Dash smiled and she spread out her wings, took off and they both playing a small game of tag before landing in Ponyville, outside of Twilight’s library.

Just as they had landed, Twilight Sparkle had opened the door and was about to go someplace else. “Hey Twi!” said Rainbow Dash in a happy voice and Twilight Sparkle replied, “Hey D-“ but Rainbow Dash interrupted her and continued to say, “Moonlits right wing is already all healed up! Isn’t that awesome?”

Twilight Sparkle saw Moonlit Guardian standing beside Rainbow Dash, minding his own business and she looked at his right wing to see that is was actually fully healed. “But... how can this be? His wing shouldn’t heal that quickly.” said Twilight Sparkle as she started inspecting the wing.

“I don’t know how it healed either.” said Moonlit Guardian as he watched as Twilight Sparkle was inspecting his right wing. Rainbow Dash pushed Twilight Sparkle a bit away from Moonlit Guardian as she said “Hey, his wing is healed. Okay?” and Twilight Sparkle answered, “Okay, Anyways I better be going to see Fluttershy... I promised I’d watch over her cottage while she goes somewhere.”

“Well Okay... Come on Moonlit, let’s go see Pinkie.” said Rainbow Dash as she took off into the air toward Sugarcube Corner. Moonlit Guardian followed along after saying a small goodbye to Twilight Sparkle.

Suddenly, as Rainbow Dash was flying toward Sugarcube Corner, she looked down and saw Ponyville on fire! Rainbow Dash stopped in the air and said to herself, “W-what the heck...” and then when she blinked, Ponyville was back to its normal state again.

Rainbow Dash rubbed her eyes and looked around, as she was looking around Moonlit Guardian caught up and pounced Rainbow Dash in the air, but he kept on hovering so they both wouldn’t fall from the sky.

“Gotcha! Come on Dash, why you waiting here?” asked Moonlit Guardian as he let go of Rainbow Dash and she replied, “Oh sorry Moonlit, I kinda blanked out there. Let’s go.”

Rainbow Dash then bolted off again but Moonlit Guardian quickly followed, while flying through the sky their speeds matched and almost at the same time, they landed infront of Sugarcube Corner.

“Phew, what a rush!” sighed Moonlit Guardian as he stretched a bit, then Rainbow Dash replied, “Yeah!” and she giggled. Moonlit Guardian hasn’t flown in a while so for him, it was a real adrenaline rush.

Both of them walking into Sugarcube Corner after a small breather, and saw the lights were turned off...

Both Rainbow Dash and Moonlit Guardian kept on walking, and then they heard a voice about to shout... “SURPRISE!!” and the lights quickly turned on, revealing Pinkie Pie and many other ponies.

Also there was Twilight Sparkle, who said she was going to do a favor for Fluttershy. But there Fluttershy, Applejack, Rarity were also there attending this party.

“W-woah! What’s this?” asked Moonlit Guardian in a shocked manner as he looked around the room. Pinkie Pie hopped beside him and answered, “It’s a party! For you, Moony!”

Rainbow Dash giggled as she didn’t expect this and her friends had kept this a secret from her and Moonlit Guardian.

Moonlit Guardian stuck by Rainbow Dash in a semi-shy manner but he talked to a bunch of the ponies who’re there. Fluttershy then approached Moonlit Guardian and said in a small voice, “Uh... Hi Moonlit...” and Applejack and Rarity both walked up to him.

Applejack then said, “Howdy there Moonlit! Nice tah’ meet ya.” and when she finished, Rarity continued, “Oh yes, Hello there Moonlit, It’s nice to meet you.”

Pinkie Pie asked, “So how you liking the party, Moony?” and Moonlit Guardian answered, “It’s amazing!” and Moonlit Guardian, along with the mane six all giggled.

Later on in the party, Moonlit Guardian was leaning against Rainbow Dash, he was drunk, or in truth, really drunk. He had drunk a lot of punch... but this punch he was drinking had a bit too much sugar.

Sugar for Moonlit Guardian, made him drunk rather than giving him a Sugar Rush, and so, while he drunk, his logic was lost and he opened himself up rather easily.

“H-heeeey Rainbow Daaash~” Moonlit Guardian said in a sluggish accent and voice, “Y-you look soooo...” he hiccupped and continued, “soooo cute!”

Rainbow Dash blushed when he said this, and she took the moment and quickly kissed Moonlit Guardian. She was feeling such a beautiful sensation while kissing Moonlit Guardian.

He blinked and began to kiss her back, nopony noticed them kissing at all and then after a minute or so they stopped kissing and then Moonlit Guardian passed out onto the floor.

Moonlits wings were plopped up like a lit light, and his face was all red. Rainbow Dash lightly laughed and picked him up onto her back. She then walked up to Pinkie Pie and said, “Hey, Moonlit passed out so I’m taking him home, See you later Pinkie and thanks for the awesome party.”

Pinkie Pie replied, “Oki Doki Loki~ See you two later!” and she went back to focusing on the party. Pinkie Pie already knew what how Moonlit Guardian had passed out but she kept it secret and giggled.

Rainbow Dash sighed and looked at Moonlit Guardian, but when she did... she saw his hair and mane on fire, they were burning uncontrollably but they kept the look of Moonlit Guardians regular hair and mane style.

She rubbed her eyes and Moonlit Guardians hair and mane were back to its normal look rather than being engulfed in flames.

Rainbow Dash did not know what just happened but she just shrugged it off and carried Moonlit Guardian back home. She felt really happy after that kiss, but it wouldn’t have lasted because she knew the Moonlit Guardian wouldn’t remember it at all.

Rainbow Dash sighed lightly and said to herself, “I wish I could tell him... I wish I could express my emotions for him.” and she silently cried lightly without waking Moonlit Guardian up.

They had reached home and Rainbow Dash laid Moonlit Guardian onto the bed that was his, she looked around to make sure nopony was around and she lightly kissed him on the forehead.

Rainbow Dash then whispered to him silently, “Good night...” and as she left the room she turned her head and continued to say, “...my Guardian.” and then she went to her room and lay in her bed for a good fifteen or so minutes before falling asleep.

===============================================================

Twilight Sparkle was in her library and thinking to herself about how Moonlit Guardians wound healed so quickly. Spike walked into the room with two books and gave it to Twilight Sparkle, saying “Here ya go, Twilight. A book about Alicorns, and a book about Mysterious events.”

“Thanks, Spike.” said Twilight as she magically levitated both books and levitated the book about Mysterious events in front of her to read.

“Huh... what’s this?” she said as she turned to a page about a dead family. It showed a burned down home, there were no suspects and no witnesses, the only known deaths are two parents, Skyline Link and Josephine Guardian.

There were pictures showing two missing alicorn brothers: ‘Daylight Torrent’ who was the oldest brother and... “Moonlit Guardian” Twilight Sparkle said as she kept on reading. Then the book said that the eldest brother had been found in Canterlot, and is now living by himself in Canterlot and is part of the ‘Royal Guards of Canterlot’.

Twilight Sparkle kept on reading and read out loud, “The youngest, Moonlit Guardian, was never found and was proclaimed deceased ten years ago...” and then she put that book down and went to reading about Alicorns.

Twilight Sparkle already knew about how the Princesses are both alicorns, but she never knew there were more of them. She saw another print talking about a ‘special’ two foals that were born with both a Unicorns horn and Pegasus wings.

Twilight Sparkle then kept on to reading on with the book as it said that only one of the two foals had survived... “No...” Twilight Sparkle said to herself as she rubbed her eyes and continued, “...This can’t be right.”

Twilight Sparkle then said, “I got to talk to Princess Celestia.” and then she turned to Spike and said, “Spike, take a letter.”

===============================================================

Rainbow Dash was walking in a forest, a damp, rainy forest. She kept on walking, not knowing where she was going and then, in an instant, a flash of light blinded her for a quick second and she saw a burning house.

This wasn’t any house she had ever seen before, she turned her head slightly to the left to see two ponies running from the burning house, she had saw that they were young so she followed them.

“Hey- Hey come back here!” Rainbow Dash shouted as she quickly hovered and then dashed through the air. But somehow, they were faster than her at flying and she couldn’t keep up any longer.

Rainbow Dash stopped flying and landed lightly on the grassy ground, she took a few breaths and turned and she saw she had never really moved at all and that she was still by the burning building.

She flew into the air and caught a raincloud, she then tried to put the fire out as quick as she could...

It didn’t work.

Rainbow Dash said to herself, “How...” and shook her head, she looked down at the burning building and then she began to hear a voice.

“it was your fault...” said the voice lightly

“What?” asked Rainbow Dash

“It was your fault!” said the voice in a louder tone

“Wait, what was my fault!” Rainbow Dash said as she turned and saw herself when she was younger, staring at the burning building from the sky.

“It WaS aLL YoUr FauLt” shouted the voice angrily.

“W-What?! No!” Rainbow Dash shouted back.

A Black Pegasus with corroded and bleeding eyes broke through a cloud Rainbow Dash was looking at and shouted, “IT WAS ALL YOUR FAULT!”

~~~
Rainbow Dash screamed and then woke up suddenly. “W-where am I? Was it j-just a Nightmare?” she asked herself, Rainbow Dash got up from her bed and went into Moonlit Guardians Room, she said to herself “I can’t sleep alone tonight...”

She laid herself beside the sleeping Moonlit Guardian and hugged him, he was warm and he smiled while Rainbow Dash was hugging him.

Rainbow Dash smiled as well, she then fell asleep to the warmth of her friend that she was hugging and snuggling with.

Moonlit Guardian had hugged her back, and Rainbow Dashes face was red even though she was asleep, she didn’t have any nightmare tonight. Tonight, she had a lovely dream...




________
A Terrible Memory can never be forgotten,
but always remembered,
it can be changed and moved,
but will never go away.
Remember that no one can forget,
but all can forgive,
Look out for others,
and always love them.
The Bright Sun kisses all with happiness,
The Dark Moon whispers to you of sorrow and forgiveness.
I will never forget,
Sadness will never take over.
Through Hell and Flames,
The Fire will never Touch my body,
and Through Hell I’ve seen,
But Hell does not scream...
-
-
-
-

-The Story of Moonlit Guardian Pt.2 (AOER)-

(AOER)-

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _