• Published 2nd Nov 2015
  • 3,937 Views, 46 Comments

Queen of Halloween - Raven Blackwood



Dyanna receives an unexpected gift for Halloween that turns her into Queen Chrysalis.

  • ...
10
 46
 3,937

Teamwork

I actually thought that this night was going to be the worst night of my life.

I thought Max was going to reject me after becoming something that didn’t look like it would happen in reality. Heck, I thought everyone at the party was going to freak out to where they would be running out of the house, screaming to the top of their lungs and call the police or something.

It didn’t happen.

To everyone that attended the party, they didn't seem to be scared of my new form as a anthropomorphic Queen Chrysalis. There wasn't any screaming to be heard. It was all good.

By the time the party had come to an end, Max wanted to come with me to my house where my parents were probably at right now. Some of his friends had also volunteered to come with me. John, Kevin, Sam, Carl, Alex and Mason.

John was in his Team Fortress 2 costume of the Sniper, while Kevin was dressed up as Leon S. Kennedy from Resident Evil. Sam had an admittedly rather impressive costume of Freddy Fazbear from Five Nights at Freddy’s, and Carl was dressed up as the Scout from TF2. Then there was Alex who went as Master Chief from Halo. Finally, there was Mason, who was dressed up as Dempsey from Call of Duty Zombies.

I gave Max my keys to the Jeep for us to get to my parents house. We all climbed right in. I decided to stay in the back with some of Max’s friends, as they were telling me that “everything is going to be alright. Nothing was going to turn out ugly.” With them at my side, I'm sure my parents weren't going to do anything that could end up hurting me.

Max turned the keys for the Jeep to start up. He looked to see if there was any cars coming from his left. After a few seconds, he got out of the parking space and made it back on the road.

“Don't worry,” said Kevin. “There ain't no way your parents are going to reject you. I'm sure if it.” He affirmed me.

“Kevin’s right, mate.” John agreed in his hilariously bad impression of the Sniper. “There shouldn't be any sort of problem from your parents. We bloody well support you all the way.”

I giggled at the way he was trying so hard to speak like Sniper. “Yeah. You're right, John.” I smiled. “Glad you all decided to come with me to my parents house.”

“I-I'll say,” Sam tried acting like he was malfunctioning, being Freddy, after all. “We’r-re not gonna-na-na let anything happen to y-you.”

“We’re gonna make sure they don't scream at you. Because if they do, I’M GONNA SCREAM AT THEM SO LOUD THAT THEIR EARS ARE GONNA BLEED!” Mason knew how to act like Dempsey from the video games.

“It's our duty to help one another, no matter what the cost may be. No man left behind, after all.” Alex said in a calm voice just like he were Master Chief. “No surrendering. No excuses. We will prevail for you, Dyanna.”

“Yeah. Like he said,” said Carl. “I mean, there's no way your ‘rents are gonna make you look like you’re a chump to them. Relax. We gotcha covered.”

“You got Scout’s way of talking down pat,” I said.

“Hey, thanks. I try my best to impress everybody. You know? It's just who I am. Kind of a big deal.”

“I see that,” I said.

“I might be just a regular guy, but we will make sure that the situation is under control when we get to your house.” Kevin concluded.

It feels great to have all these guys by my side. I'm not sure if I would survive what Mom and Dad would say to me. Not that I'm saying my parents are bad, they're both great. Even when I was just a kid, they supported me. Sure. I struggled back then, but that didn't stop them in helping me continue to do good even when I'm still in high school.

Come to think of it. I'm not sure what will happen when the beginning of the week comes to go back to school. How will everybody in school look at me? How will the teachers react to seeing me? I don't want any of them to think of me as a monster. Ok. They might see my fangs as something to be cautious about. It's not like they would pose a serious threat to anyone. Well, maybe when in close contact.

Hmm. It didn't seem to cause Max to feel any pain when we both kissed. Surely that would tell people that I wouldn't pose a threat.

“Hey, guys,” said Carl. “I think I see Dyanna’s house. It's the one that has that creepy looking tree with those blankets of ghosts covering some of the branches.”

“Nice shot in finding the right house, mate.,” exclaimed John.

“Thanks, pally.” Carl proudly said.

Max had plenty of room to park right where my house was located. The good thing is there was no one out now. After all, it's 9:27 PM right now. Totally dark. Least that isn't a problem.

Max got the Jeep into park and turned the engine off.

“No matter what happens. We’re in this together. Am I right everybody?” said Alex.

“Yeah!” we all said.

“That was nothing! You call that cheering?! Let's hear that again! HURRAH!” shouted Mason. “Marines don't scream quietly. We scream like men! One more time! HURRAH!”

“HURRAH!” we shouted.

“That's more like. Let's do this!” Mason got out of the Jeep. “For victory!”

“That guy is bloody awesome,” chuckled Max.

The rest of us got out of the jeep and made our way my house. It looks like my parents aren't at home quite yet. Maybe in the next couple of minutes they'll be coming. Getting my keys out of the pocket of my coat, I stuck the house key my parents keep on the the doorframe in the keyhole and turned it to gain access to the inside. As soon as I pushed the door, the rest if my friends came in.

“Alright, we just need to wait till your parents start coming back from work’” said Kevin. “You should probably stay in your room so that we can talk to your parents before they see you. It might be much easier for them to understand,” he said.

“G-Go-Gotta agree with Kevin on t-th-this one,” “Best be in y-your room.”

“You really sound funny acting like Freddy, Sam.” I couldn't help myself. He just knows how to put a smile on someone's face.

“Right. I'll go to my room right now. Just let me know when it's time to come out.” I had absolute confidence in everyone.

I began to walk toward my room, not looking back. Getting to my room, I closed the door behind me and got on my bed to close my eyes to relax and not think of worrying too much over this.


20 minutes later……….

I could hear my dad getting angry at my friends while in my room.

“Hey! You can't get angry at her. It's not her fault that this happened. She was just curious as to why that costume was given to her by bloody whoever it was!” shouted John.

“Yeah. Ain't her fault! We don't know why you two are blowing a fuse over a picture we took together with her at the party,” said Max.

Oh, God. Why is this happening? It wasn't like there was a label that said, “this costume will turn you into the character from the show,” It looked better to wear than my vampire costume.

“For your information, kids. She looks like nothing but an absolute monster the way I see her in the picture!!” Dad was raging like an ape.

“Oh yeah? How about you say that to my face, tough guy!” retaliated Carl.

“You don't speak to me like that, you piece of s---”

“ENOUGH!” screamed Alex. “Why are you acting like this, Mr. Jimmerson? Parents shouldn't be acting like this. It's your job to keep your daughter happy and safe. Not just that, but to not judge too quickly. I and the rest of my friends didn't judge her in who she became. This could've happened to any of us and I don't think we would just feel like we were nothing to this world we live in,” he said.

“You boys get out of our house!” my mom told them.

“We’re not leaving until both of you start acting like mature adults,” Kevin told them. “We’re not moving from this spot until we see that you guys accept your daughter in who she is.”

I just kept crying in my pillow. How could my parents just want me gone from their lives? This…… I don't want to kicked out of my house! It isn't fair! I never done anything that would make my parents get angry at me.

I let go of my pillow and started to look at the window to my left. “Maybe it's best I get out of the house till my parents accept the fact I'm still their daughter.”

Getting off my bed, I opened up the window for me to get outside. As soon as I was outside of the house, I immediately ran as fast as I could to where I wouldn't have to hear my parents continuing to shout at my friends.

I'm glad there's a forest right behind my house. I need some time to myself. Perhaps I'll find some form of comfort away from what I've heard so far. Getting deeper into the forest, I kept looking for a place to sit down. Good thing the moon’s light is keeping me from accidentally tripping over things while continuing to run.

I was able to find a stump of what once used to be a tree. Sitting on the stump, I continued to cry my eyes out. I didn't want to hear anything about my parents calling me something that would hurt me forever. I'm their only child. I'm not…..some a-abomination! I'm still me! No matter what I look like right now.

The only thing I could feel was pain and sorrow devouring my soul. There was no love that I could feel anymore. It's all gone. GONE! My parents are just jerks!

I...I HATE them now! They mean nothing to me. I thought they would accept me, but I was wrong. I'm a shadow to them. That's it. Just the invisible girl that they don't give a crap about anymore.

Come, my queen. Wh-who said that?

Return home. Conquer Equestria. Remove the Princesses from power. Claim your rightful place in the world you were meant to rule.

That voice……. Why did this voice sound so comforting? So, important to listen, too? Even….tempting to listen?

Follow the light. It will take you to back home. There's no need to be afraid. Come home, my queen.

I suddenly felt myself walking again. Why did I want to follow this voice I was hearing in my head? I wasn't sure whose voice I was hearing, but it didn't sound like Max, his friends or my parents.

I could suddenly see a great green flash of light not far from where I was walking. It was shining bright like a shooting star. It wasn't making it difficult for me to go toward the light.

There was a sudden feeling of love and compassion while continuing to head to the unknown source of light. It was getting stronger by the minute. It was felt like someone had put a blanket over me to keep me warm.

I could only feel love and that was it. I didn't sense any emotion of hate or anger.

As I was getting closer, I could see that a portal had appeared in the forest. I wasn't sure why this portal appeared in the first place. That was a mystery I don't think I'll ever figure out on my own.

Come home, my queen. Come home.

“Yes.” I didn't fall back. I went forward into the portal until I could no longer see.


“Dyanna?” I said. “I thinks it's best you come to my house. You're parents don't love you anymore.” I didn't hear her. “Dyanna? You alright?”

Somethings not right. She's not talking. Putting my hand on the doorknob, I opened the door for me to get into Dyanna’s room.

I didn't see her.

“Wait a minute. Why's the….” The window that was right next to her bed was wide open.

“Oh no.” she must've heard what was going on with me and the rest of my friends trying to talk to her parents.

“GUYS!!” I got back in the hallway running towards the living room. “Dyanna’s not in her room! The window is open and it looks like she ran away from what was being said a couple of minutes ago!”

“What?!” said Carl. “We gotta get her back!” he exclaimed.

“C’mon!” Kevin immediately ran out of the house and so did the rest of my friends.

I turned around to look at Mr. Jimmerson and his wife. “You two really hurt her. Hope you're both happy for what you just did to your own daughter. You're going to regret it one of these days and I won't be sorry if something bad happens to both of you,” I continued as I was inches away from leaving their house. “We are her friends. And we will not allow her to get feel anymore pain from you both. Try thinking before saying.” As I finished my sentence, I turned around and made it outside with the rest of my team.

“She may have went into that forest that's behind her house.” Alex guessed.

“That's one place someone would go to….hey.” Mason began to walk to where the forest was located. Me and the rest followed suit. What we could verify was some form of light coming out of the forest. However, it trees were keeping us from seeing parts of said light.

“Something's n-n-not right,” said Sam, still trying to fake malfunctioning. “We better see w-wha-what's going on in there.” We agreed and ran into the forest. Dyanna must be making that light somehow. I don't know for sure. That's just my guess.

This place was definitely not safe during night time. We had to be careful in not hitting any branches or falling down on each other. How the hell did she even get this far in this forest?

“DYANNA!” We were shouting her name to see if she could hear us. There was no reply from her. The deeper we went, the harder it was to find a clean opening to the light.

Before I could think of anything else, I could see a dark figure that was where the light was probably coming from. I couldn't tell who it was, though. I wasn't sure if it was Dyanna or maybe someone else that was hiding in the forest.

We got closer to the figure. What we thought was just light, was actually a portal. How is that even bloody possible? That can't be right. Nothing like happens in reality. Only in fictional cartoons and books this can happen.

Suddenly, the portal closed. The figure who was in front of where the portal was located, turned around to see us. Wasn't sure if this anonymous individual was surprised to see us or what.

“Who are you?” Kevin said.

“Oh, no one in particular. I'm just the one who made your friend Dyanna leave this world to come to the world I come from,” the voice sounded like a man. “She's already in good hooves. Soon she will conquer the land of Equestria to bring order under her power. And once she calms her rightful place in Equestria, she will have a pleasure in destroying you all as well.” What was he talking about another world? Equestria? Sounds a lot like some fictional place that doesn't even exist.

“Give her back on us, you bloody mongrel!” demanded John.

“Sorry, but I can't do that. My mission here is complete. Goodbye.” The figure ran away.

“After that guy!” Alex started to hit full throttle to catch the suspect in the forest. We all did. None of us are giving up. I'm not gonna let Dyanna get hurt on my watch. That's a promise I'm making.

“Flank him. We might get a better chance in capturing him,” I wasn't going to let this guy get away. We all spread out to apprehend this guy. Yet even when trying to outsmart this guy, he was still able to not get caught by us.

It's so dark. Running in the dark really isn't good. Trying not to lose my sight on this man. He was fast. Faster than I or my friends.

Trying to keep up with him, I could see what looked like two other figures that were coming right toward our guy. Next think I know said figures tackled the guy to the ground while one of them kept the guys hands behind his back to prevent him from breaking free. The other one stood to make sure the suspect was not trying anything funny.

The one who was standing saw me coming right toward them.

“Thanks for getting our guy.”

“You're welcome, Max.” Wait a minute. That sounded a lot like another friend who was at the party with us.

“Chris?” I asked.

“Dah. It's me alright. We heard you and some of your friends and thought that we should investigate what was going on. Nice to know that you still show signs of being committed in what you do.” We shook each other's hands.

“Who's the other guy?” I pointed at the other figure.

“Oh, that's Jack in his Boba Fett costume. I'm still in my costume as Artom from Metro 2033 the video game.” He explained.

The rest of my other friends got where we were to see that the figure gave up in struggling to break free from Jack’s grasp.

“Alright. Tell us where Dyanna is right now or I'll we be sure that you won't be able to walk again.” I said in a sinister tone.

“Ha! You think I'm just gonna show you how to bring the portal back to save your girlfriend? As if. There's no hope of you of getting back to her. It's pointless! You hear me? Pointless!” he started to laugh like a hyena in the wild. “She's gone, Max. Gone forever!”

“That's it. Alex,” I looked at him. “Knock him out.” he gave a nod and punched the guy right in the face to which the guy got knocked out cold. “There has to be something on this guy that can help us get that portal to open.” Chris got off the unconscious man as I flipped the guy over on his back. I unzipped the guys coat to discover he had a lot of stuff on him. Books, tubes filled with strange liquids, knifes(which I'm surprised he didn't decide to up use on us.), etc.

“This guy has a lot of stuff on him,” I spoke. “Not sure what he used to make that portal. Help me find the right book or right tube of liquid to get Dyanna back.” Everyone started to look at the labels of the books and tubes filled with what could be dangerous chemicals that shouldn't be opened without proper instructions.

Minutes went by. We weren't sure if we were getting anywhere at this point. This can't be all for nothing! For Christ’s sake!

“Guys,” Jack said holding a book in his hands and turning his lights in his helmet for us to see. “I think I found what we’re looking for.” He gave me the book for me to examine. Flipping through the pages, there was one section in the book that was telling me about how to properly make a portal for us to go through.

“Okay. I think we got we need now. Everyone, stand back. I'm gonna make a portal when saying these words.” They took a few steps back from both sides of me as I started to read what was inscribed in the book.

“Allder excro hasstala!” I chanted while performing the hand motion detailed in the book. There was a huge beam of light that left me no choice but to cover my eyes. The light had dissipated enough for me to finally see what was in front of me. From what I could see, was a portal that seemed to be a different color. It was blue. I don't think that made any difference from the previous portal.

“Anyone care to join me?” I said.

“We’re in this together, Max. We stand united like brothers in arms.” Kevin said.

“We gotcha covered pally. Ain't nothing gonna stop us now.” Carl gave me a silly solute.

Like if it was already worse, the portal was starting to suck everything up in front of us. The gravity from the portal was impossible to escape. It was like the portal had become a black hole that was able to suck everything in without a single problem. We tried to run, but to no avail, we were all getting sucked into the void.

“Hold on! We’re in one hell of a ride!” As I entered the portal, everything went black.

Author's Note:

I decided to add more to this story. So many ideas are just coming to me that I can't contain them any longer! I had to change the rating from everyone to teen for due to some swearing going on. Don't worry. I'm not gonna put extreme swearing in this story. I'll keep it to a minimal for you all to read.

Thanks to my pre-reader for assisting me in this chapter!