• Published 2nd Jun 2012
  • 942 Views, 2 Comments

Beauty and the BEES - Lobstercraft



Another OC helps Trixie after her fall from grace. If you are into that.

  • ...
 2
 942

Beauty

Part 2: Beauty

Hey, Buzz, why don’t you pick up some groceries on your way into town?” Honeybuzz asked her brother after breakfast.

“Where’s the list?” he asked.

“On the fridge, like always,” she replied as she began washing the dishes. She added with a smile, “Hey, Trixie, how about you go with him? You might have fun. Buzz, get the bit jar from the cabinet and get Trixie something nice in town.”

“What town might that be?” asked Trixie from the table where they’d just eaten breakfast.

“Ponyville!” smiled Buzzhoney.

“That’s quite unnecessary,” responded the guest. “There’s nothing in Ponyville I want to see.”

“Ah, come on,” said Buzz as he put the spare bits in his saddlebag, “You won’t know till ya go!”

“That’s quite alright.” Trixie reiterated.

“Seriously, go,” commanded Honeybuzz sternly, “Staying cooped up isn’t good for you. Buzz’ll protect you so don’t worry; and you can get something sweet to eat from Sugarcube Corner before you head back.”

Trixie was in a pickle. She wanted to refuse, but Honeybuzz was surprisingly intimidating. She also didn’t want to get kicked out, for she had no plans going forward. She didn’t want to be homeless again, and even though she knew she wouldn’t stay there forever she still didn’t want to leave just yet. She needed a plan! Her brain was screaming as she was nudged out the door.

“You okay?” asked Buzz as they began walking. “I hope Honey didn’t freak you out.”

“Trixie is fine!” she retorted. He could tell she was anxious about something. “I simply don’t feel like walking!”

“Well, I can carry ya.” Buzz smiled, “No problem at all!”

Trixie wanted to graciously decline his offer, but for some reason she accepted as though it were her birthright and wound up riding sidesaddle.

“All better?” Buzz asked.

“Yes…” Trixie said in a defeated tone, “…all better.”

“Well, it doesn’t sound all better,” replied Buzz.

“Trixie said it is FINE!” she declared, emphasizing the word ‘fine’ with a kick to the ribs.

“Ouch.” Buzz winced.

Trixie was quiet for a moment. She wanted to apologize for the outburst. She knew he meant well… “I don’t want to go to Ponyville,” was all she could bring herself to say.

“Did something bad happen there?” asked Buzz, “Is that what you were running from?”

“I just don’t want to go to Ponyville!” she repeated as tears found their way to her eyes. She jumped off and began running through the woods once more, cursing the tears she’d thought she’d banished the night before.

“Hey, wait!” Buzz shouted as he gave chase.

“LEAVE TRIXIE ALONE!” Trixie shouted back as she ran, “JUST LEAVE me alone…”

“NO!” was the response. “I’m not going to leave you alone! I’ve tried leaving you alone and it doesn’t seem to be making anything better! I’m NEVER gonna leave you alone, Trixie! Not until you tell me what’s wrong so I can try and help you!”

Trixie tried running faster, “WHY DO CARE SO MUCH ANYWAYS!? YOU DON’T EVEN KNOW ME!!”

“I DON’T KNOW! But I’ll tell you one thing I’m a hell of a lot faster than you! So give up and prepare to be CARED FOR!!!” Buzz closed in, rapidly bridging the distance.

“I can’t…” was all Trixie could sob out before she collapsed. And there she waited, crying…defeated again. Buzz walked next to her and sat down.

“… Trixie…” Buzzhoney didn’t know what to say once he’d caught up. Trixie didn’t know what to say either, but at length the tears began to slow and she caught her breath.

“…I just can’t…” was all she could choke out. She felt ridiculous. What a time to have an emotional breakdown. Now Buzzhoney was sitting next to her, looking genuinely concerned. She didn’t know what to do. She couldn’t say she was sorry. She couldn’t thank him. She couldn’t tell him off. She couldn’t slap him. What could she do?

“Well…” said Buzz gently, “…let’s work on that.”

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment