• Published 1st Jun 2012
  • 2,288 Views, 15 Comments

Serious Sam: The equestrian encounter - marielity



Using ancient magic, the princesses accidentially lure monsters. Only one man can stop the invasion.

  • ...
3
 15
 2,288

Chapter 4 - A serious welcome party

Chapter 4 – A serious welcome party


„We have to get a medic at once!“

Sam carried Fluttershy on his arms. She was all red from blood of her enemys and herself. Her shoulder was hit by a kleer skeleton's claw and showed an ugly wound. The meat fiercly cut, parts of her bones clearly visible.

„I hate when this happens,“Sam exclaimed,“luckily I fight alone most of the time.“

„If it weren't for us you would have been seriously injured in that fight“, Rainbow Dash called next to him while eyeing Fluttershy. The other friends were next to her and Sam.

They hastened around a corner of the underground tunnels of Centalot, trying to catch on with the other ponys running in front of them.

„If it weren't for you all, I would still be sitting in my space ship and watch another episode of family guy,“ Sam snapped back.“Oh well...on second thought better not...“

„Stop with that fuss raight now,“ Applejack scolded.“It's not the time to argue. We need to get out of here at once.“

„Applejack is right,“ Twilight panted.“We need to resue Fluttershy and find the princesses.“

Sam knew she was right. And damn he hates when he needs to escape. It worked all pretty well before...


„Yeeeeeeehaaaaa!“

Sam called out his most beloved cowboy cry, charging at his first group of enemys on Canterlot bridge while drawing his rocket launcher. The first missile hit the orcish captain in the back while ordering his troops. His last order was an fountain of blood splashing all over his troops as the rocket teared his body apart, his guts raining down on the soldiers. Only his feet were left, standing in front of his troop.

They looked in confusion at what happened with their captain as a nearby whoosh catched their attention. Too late. The rockets exploded in the middle of the squad, ripping most soldiers appart and trowing them against the mountains and off the bridge down to the plains. Ignoring the splatters of fresh meat around him, Sam dashed forward and jumped on a dead body. The wet floor and the mutilated body made it a perfect slide for Sam, downward the next troops.

„I'm riding the tide!“ Sam called at the enemys in front of him.“Too bad we are not on the same wavelenght!“

While sliding toward the next troop (and leaving a trail of blood and meat of the dead body under his feet) Sam switched to the chainsaw. Before they could react, Sam already passed them, swinging 2 meters of rotating blades through the hordes. Sliced in half the troops also fell quite fast.

In the meantime Applejack went for the cliffs leading up to the gates, next to the bridge. She saw some creatures climbing up. They looked like a wild and deformed kind of Sam, with two long arms and two long egs. But they didn't seem to have a real head. Only a face with one big eye in the middle of their chests. As the Gnaars climbed up the cliffs, Applejack stood directly over them. It was easy play with her grenade launcher.

The first grenade took three Gnaars, raining down the rocks and splattering on the ground.

„How ya like that, ya Applefaces?“, Applejack taunted at them.

But there were hundreds of them climbing up, determined to charge the gates. Applejack unleashed several more grenades, each time taking many foes at once, but they still got higher. When the first gnaar reached the top, Applejack simply kicked him in the face, sending him back to the abyss.

Rainbow Dash was busy with the first air enemys that appeared at the battlefield. The harpyies were neither strong nor fast, but they came in big numbers and possessed magical attacks. No problem for Rainbow Dash. With her speed and agility she easily avoided the harpyies attacks and paid back with her hooves or the laser rifle. Most times it hit a wing, breaking it apart and making the Harpyies sail downwards in awkwards circles before their skeletons crushed on the ground.

„Now you're flat, hun?“ she laughed at the remains under her.

Suddenly a loud flapping was heard as a squadron of helicopters arrived at the battlefield. They opened fire with their miniguns at Rainbow Dash. Avoiding the slow magic of harpyies is one thing, but gunfire is different. Rainbow Dash took all of her speed and agility to avoid being hit.

Pinkie Pie was in her element. She always had fun handling her own party cannon, but it was a joke compared to what Sam's cannon had to offer.

As Sam proceded down the bridge a new troop of headless gunners spawned behind him. They immediately charged after him.

„Hey guys,“ Pinkie Pie called.“Party time!“

She fired the cannon. Without charging it up first the big cannonball (which became much bigger then the cannon itself) dropped out the cannon with slow speed. But the ground was steep and the cannonball gained more speed very fast. It didn't take long until it reached the troops running after Sam.

But instead of exploding the cannonball just rolled over troops, painting red lines on the pathway and coloring the cannonball red. The troops didn't see it coming and were all crushed in a second. Still gaining speed the cannonball dropped down the bridge and rolled with high speed at one of the two red biomechs. Colliding with a big target, the cannonball exploded, sending a shiver through all enemys on the plains. The red biomech was badly damaged.

That was when Rarity gave it the rest with an aimed shot to the eyes. The upper part of the biomech exploded in a fountain of blood, tons of blood washing over the green fields.

„Now that was a noble shot“, Rarity exclaimed with a smile.“How you like that, you ruffians?“

Shooting from a save distance she easily took out several blue biomechs roaming the fields as well as several werebulls which headed for Sam down on the fields.

Twilight went to Applejack, helping her handle the Gnaars climbing up. Using her magic and Applejack using her shotgun they managed to push them back. Finally Twilight used her magic to make some rocks go loose, causing an avalanche, stopping the onslaught of the Gnaars.

„Magic prevails!“ Twilight shouted.“There is nothing that can beat brainpower.“

Fluttershy couldn't move. The scene before her was terrifying for her. She couldn't bear to see bloods and wounds, even taking care of small cuts on her small friends made her collapse sometimes.

And now the whole world before her seemed to turn red. She just closed her eyes and sat down near the gate, shaking in fear, putting her hooves over her ears to stop the awful cries of hatred and agony. Her parrot friends just sat nearby, watching the sourroundings calmly.

Switching to his favored weapon, the minigun, Sam arrived at the plains. Greeted by hordes of headless soldiers, kleer skeletons and charging headless kamikaze, Sam only smiled.

„Come on,“ he yelled,“I have enough lead for all of ya!“

He pushed the trigger. After a short moment of rotating, the minigun starting firing, releasing a storm of bullets impaling everything in his path. His enemys tried to get close to him or start firing, but most of them were perforated before they could make a threatening move. Each hit Sam's minigun landed was rewarded with a small cloud of blood gushing from the rotting bodys it hit, some even exploding due to the strong impact. Kleer skeletons fell at high rate, reduced to some bones and bonemeal.

Mental's soldiers were two things for sure: numerous and stupid. In case of the headless kamikaze a situation Sam could use for his favor.

Aiming at the senselessly screaming and charging kamikaze, Sam made the bombs they are holding on explode, causing several nearby kamikaze explode as well and taking with them all those who stood too close to them.

„They seriously lost their heads,“Sam laughed, watching the bloody spectacle in front of his gun.

Though Sam destroys many enemys, more and more seem to appear from nowhere and everywhere. It became harder for him to keep distance and his ammunition was reduced at high rate.

„Sam,“ Netricsa yelled in Sam's head,“they must have some kind of summoning device nearby. I've never seen so many spawns in such a short time. Even a fleet of Mental's ships could not support so many enemy spawns.“

Changing to his double barrel shotgun, Sam took out a few kleer skeletons to save some ammunition for his minigun.“So what?,“ he answered, mumbling to himself, while sidekicking a nearby headless soldier,“leaves us more enemys to kill.“

„At this rate your ammunition will run out before its over,“ Netricsa said insisting.“I scanned the sourroundings and noticed some strange magical sources nearby in the west, just behind a hill. Go check it out, soldier!“.

Sam took a moment to check his sourroundings. The ponys seemed to do a pretty good job. Rainbow Dash managed to take out some of the helicopters, Pinkie pie cleaned the bridge, while Applejack and Twilight took care of the cliffs. Rarity took care of all bigger beings that tried fire from distance. And Fluttershy...he could only see some yellow behind a stone near the gate and a clawdovic sitting on it, making parrot-like laughing sounds.

All save in the back. So let's head forward. Netricsa showed him the path.

„Yes Sir. Ehm...I mean...Ma'am,“ Sam corrected himself.


„Where is he going? Is he fleeing?“

Rainbow Dash managed to take out the last helicopters and joined Applejack and Twilight near the cliffs. No monsters were trying to climb up any longer and the number of enemys in front of them became lower very fast.

„I don't think so, Rainbow Dash“, Twilight said with a pondering expression.“It looks like he is heading for something.“

„Does he want all the fun for himself?“ Pinkie Pie exclaimed. She cleaned the bridge from all hordes and was partly covered in blood. An insane smile was on her face, creeping out the others.

„Well if ya ask me,“ Applejack said while firing a grenade down the plains, cracking the head of a blue biomech,“there are far betta things then fightin'“.

„Yes, definetly.“ Fluttershy came out of her hiding place, clawdovic sitting on her shoulder, groming his feathers.“Is it over?“

„I can still see troops near Sam,“ Rarity called from the wall, looking through her sniper gun.“There are some creatures near the hill he is heading to, but it's too far away to see clearly.“

„We should follow and help him,“ Twilight exclaimed,“he might need our help.“Whatever creatures may be waiting there.“


Sam already used up his rockets and hand grenades, using his shotgun, which was almost out of ammo as well. He has never been in a situation like this. Normally his ammunition would be enough to deal with all enemys, but something was different this time. He could barely fight back, always switching to his melee weapons and pistols to save ammunition.

„Netty, what's going on?,“ Sam snapped,“Where do those freaks all come from?“

„I can't say for sure,“ Netricsa answered,“but now that we are in the middle of the troops, it doesn't seem like the get ported. Something else is messing around here.“

Sam whirled his chainsaw from side to side, fending off dozens of kleers and gnaars. Some Sirian werebulls charged at him, but he merely managed to sidestep and slicing them up, but it became harder for Sam to defend himself.

„Head west, Sam,“Netricsa ordered,“I sense something over there. We are close.“

Sam nodded and fought his way over the hill in front of him, searching the strange source of power Netricsa felt. After a short while of fighting and climbing he reached the top and could see the plains in front of him.

„Oooookay?“, Sam wondered loudly.“Netty? Any data for me?“

Sam saw some beings in front of him far down on the other side of the hill standing in front of huge carts, filled with corpses and bones. They almost looked human from the distance. He has never seen something like that before.

„Scan complete,“ Netricsa said,“ Seems like Mental still got more surprises for us. All information are available now.“ A new entry was made in Netricsa's database.

Sam didn't waste a second. He interacted with Netricsa's database, reading all information about the new foes in front if them. It happened in a split second.


Name: Economic Necromancer (Eco Necro)
Size: 8 feet tall
Weight: 150 pounds
Worth: 9000 FC (Points)
Threat level: Medium
Species: Undead
Attacks: Magic bursts, reanimation

Description:
Under the training of Mordekai, the summoner, these specially chosen units learned the very basics of summoning magic, allowing them to call for smaller units to appear near to them. Their true power lies in necromancy though. They can easily reanimate fallen nearby allies and create new abominations out of the corpses of fallen enemys, when they channel enough energy and have enough material at hand.
Those undead units, formerly being greedy business men, are proud on their math skills and hold firmly on their old business clothes, and they only resurrect as long as it is profitable...which means they only reanimate 100% minus 30% commision minus 20% taxes* (they will resurrect 50% of fallen, friendly units...unless taxes or laws change)

*see § 3 Taxwares, §§4 Trading laws, §1242 business laws...


That's all Sam needed to know...and far more he wanted to know at all. That would explain why there were so many enemys. They just call them back. But one more thing startled Sam.

„How...how do you know all this stuff?“ he asked Netricsa doubtfully.