• Published 1st Jun 2012
  • 2,287 Views, 15 Comments

Serious Sam: The equestrian encounter - marielity



Using ancient magic, the princesses accidentially lure monsters. Only one man can stop the invasion.

  • ...
3
 15
 2,287

Chapter 1 - A serious discovery

Serious Sam: The Equestrian Encounter
The characters of this show belong to their respective owners, namely:
Sam "Serious" Stone and all know characters (monsters) and places belong to Croteam
All known Characters from "My little pony" and places belong to Hasbro.
All other stuff (story line, new characters, new places) belongs to marielity

Chapter 1 - A serious discovery


The ponys of equestria lived in peace and harmony for over 1 year after Discords second banishment and the failed raid of queen Crysalis. Live went on like always and no more threat was about to meet in the kingdom of the two alicorn princesses.

But each period is determined to end. Even this peaceful ara can't last forever.

Equestria's most precious craft is knowledge and magic. Not only creating new spells and containing the knowledge of the present but also craving for knowledge from the past. Long forgotten or well hidden in the whole world.

When the first year of peace was about to end, an astonishing discovery was made: In the middle of the great desert "Equeria Makan" a group of archologists stumbled upon an old ruin. The ruin was part of a great city of old times. They soon discovered more ruins until almost all temples, houses and palaces had been uncovered.

The most impressive discovery was the old library. It was mostly buried in sand and time had its effect on books and scrolls, but there was still a lot of knowledge available. And spells.


"I can't read any of it. How are we supposed to learn anything from these books?". Twilight Sparkles mood reached a new low point. She prefered spending her time in confortable librarys filled with books, rather then crawling in some old ruins in the middle of the mercyless heat of the desert.

"Didn't you receive a copy from our linguists?", Princess Celestia asked her student,"They told me that they managed to translate these signs."

"Yes, I got it, but most of these textes don't make any sense to me." Twilight randomly levitated books and scrolls carefully out of the old shelves and opened them, greeted with dust. Coughing she said:" And to be honest, I couldn't spent enough time to get along with it yet."

She received her version of "langua equi dictio" while they traveled to the ruins. She tried to focus on reading it, but the new enviroment made it hard for her to concentrate. The heat, the dry air and the whirling sand getting in her eyes.

"This is a great chance for us to accumulate new knowledge for our library at Canterlot, Twilight," the princess said calmly,"that's why asked you, my most precious student, to join me into the researches. I'm sure we'll find something interesting here."

"Yes. I guess you're right," Twilight answered humbly. When the princess send a letter to Twilight Sparkle to join her on an archoligical trip, the lavender colored pony was excited. She wondered how it would feel like searching for knowledge and treasures in old ruins like in her books of "The Adventures of Daring Do". She expected traps, other archologists trying to steal the treasures before her and cultist guarding the temples. But the only thing between her and the treasures were the heat and some sand and dust in her eyes. Horrible conditions for a student, who spents all of her time in well organized librarys.

They spend half of the day in the entrance hall of the old library. They didn't find much. They barely managed to translate a few books and scrolls with historical documentations. But most of the scrolls and books were too damaged to reveal anything.

"Twilight," princess Celestia called after many hours of researching,"it's time for me to settle the sun. I think we should continue tomorrow."

"With pleasure!", Twilight answered. Her fur was covered in grey dust and sand. She shoke herself to get rid of it until a lavender colored pony was revealed. By doing this she accidently touched a nearby shelve. It was only a slight touch but it was enough to make it crumble. Twilight barely managed to jump aside to not get hit by any wood.

"Twilight!", the princess yelled,"be careful! Everything here is about 3000 years old."

"I...I'm sorry," Twilight resonded."I didn't mean to..." Twilight looked at Celestias surprised face."What's wrong?"

When Celestia didn't answer Twilight turned around. A unusal sight came into her view. Behind the crumbled shelve a new room was revealed. It was filled with different colored lights. Huge pillars were holding the ceiling, lots of podests and even more bookshelves with intact books in it filled the room. But the most impressive things were a single platform in the middle of the room sourrounded by huge stone sculptures and engravings in this hall.

"Amazing", Twilight whispered in astonishment.

Twilight and the princess went into the new room. It was nearly as big as the entrance hall of Canterlot.

"How is that possible, that this big room was hidden for so long?" Twilight asked herself.

"It seems like this room didn't want to be found", the princess answered."I can feel a lot of magical power in this room."

"Look over there." Twilight pointed at the middle of the room.

On a small, strange formed platform was a podest with an old book on it. They went past the strange black, curved and pointy pillars around it and stood in front of the podest. In front of them they could clearly see two sculpures and a engraving filling the wall in front of them.

The first statue was that of a pegasus wielding a spear. With opened wings it looked like it was about to plunge into battle.

The second statue was different. It showed a creature standing on two legs and holding a spear in its two long arms. Its spear reached far out and touched the tip of the other statues spear.
The engravement looked like a map of the sky, but with many planets on it. Small lines of stars seem to connect each of the planets.

"What is this place?", Twilight asked. She looked at the old book in front of her. It had no title but strange symbols like letters from an foreign language. She opened it carefully. Both her and Celestia studied it. They looked at each other in surprise.

"This book is written in our language," the princess pondered,"fascinating."

"Look at this". Twilight pointed at the introduction of the first side.

"Be aware, dear reader," Twilight read out loud,"be warned about the knowledge you are about to discover. Within this book you will find the power of how to explore more than just this world. Open this book and the universe opens for those who want to make new experience. But as vast as the universe is, as vast are the dangers that might await you in it."

Twilight flipped the first side. The following pages contained maps of star constellations and magic spells.

"This truly is a treasure," Princess Celestia whispered,"if this book really offers us to explore the universe, then this might be the biggest treasure of all ponykind."

"But how is it possible?" Twilight asked her tutor,"Can you really travel to other worlds with this spells?"

The princess shoke her head."I don't know, but we should take this book with us to Canterlot right away." She carefully levitated the book with her unicorn horn and they both left the great hall; not without glancing back once again. They would return someday, but this book was more important right now.


The following weeks at Canterlot castle princess Celestia was busy preparing for the spells required by the old book. If it wasn't in use it was in a safe hidden place deep in the catacombs of Canterlot and only the princess knew where it was.

She soon asked Princess Luna to join into the preperations. The spells would need much more power then a single being could possess. They spent most of the time in the observatory, monitoring the stars and comparing them with the guidelines of the book and going through every single spell.

Twilight insisted on joining them in their preparations, but princess Celestia refused, because it was to dangerous in her opinion. So Twilight spent most of her time with her precious friends and told them about their findings and all the possibilities the book offered to them.


After three weeks their fantasy was maybe about to come true. Twilight got a message from Canterlot that the preperations were completed. Princess Celestia and Princess Luna would soon start their first trip into far depts of the universe.


Twilight and her friends went to Centalot to watch the magical ceremony. All ponys from Centalot were invited to participate in this very important moment.

Standing in the middle of the entrance hall of Centalot castle Princess Celestia and Princess Luna greeted the arriving ponys and soon started the ritual. Floating the book in front of them they read out old words from the book while fokusing their alicorn powers.

After a short while arcs of lightning appeared on the floor in front of the two pincesses forming a ball of whilring energy.

„This, my fellow ponys,“Princess Celestia shouted,“is a portal. A portal that will lead me and my sister to a new world. We will soon come back and tell you all about we've discovered.“

„The portal is unstable so we have to hurry,“princess Luna added,“it will close behind us, but don't worry. We will open it again for our return.“

The princesses glanced at each other and nodded, then they went into the portal. Shortly after that the portal flickered and vanished. No sign was left that anything supernatural happened there.

This has been 2 weeks.

Though the princesses told all not to worry, everypony doubted that everything went as planned. The habitants of Centalot got nervours about the absents of their royal leaders.

Twilight spent most of the time reading the old book and tried to comprehend what the spells and maps are exactly about. After two weeks passed she eventually felt she had to do something.

She asked her friends to come to Canterlot again and take a look at her, while she performed the magical ritual. As she was about to begin, something strange happened though.

Without even starting the ritual, a portal opened in Canterlot hall. The six pony friends watched the portal in amazement, when suddenly 2 figures stepped through it; namely Princess Celestia and Princess Luna.

Luna was carrying her older sister on her back. Celestia gave no sign of live.

„Princess!“ Twilight shouted and trotted up to them.“Oh my gosh. What happened?“

Twilight and her friends carefully took the unconciousness Princess and brought her to her private chambers.

„We...were attacked,“Princess Luna panted while she followed them,“we landed in the middle of a great war...in a strange world. It was … terrifying.“

They reached the private chambers and placed princess Celestia on her bed. Some doctors already started to take care of the sleeping princess.

„We had to gather new energy before we could open the gate again,“Princess Luna continued,“ but it was almost impossible during that war. After two weeks my sister decided it was time to try. We returned but it cost all of her power.“ She glared at the floor.“If I just were stronger, she would be fine now.“

„Don't blame yourself, princess,“Twilight conforted her,“It's not your fault. We should be glad you made it back in one piece.“

„The doctress said, that she'll be fine soon,“ Applejack added,“no need to worry. I bet she'll be up very soon again and tell us more.“

„I hope so,“Princess Luna said,“I really hope so.“