• Published 17th Oct 2015
  • 519 Views, 11 Comments

Eclipse - Fullmetal_Pony



Eclipse, son of King Sombra. He has spent years training, preparing for the day he would become king of the Crystal Empire and that day has finally come. But before that we must go back to the beginning and it all started over a thousand years ago.

  • ...
2
 11
 519

Chapter 3

Mouths had passed and Sapphire was nearing the end of her pregnancy. The only ones that knew of her pregnancy were the dungeon guards and the medical staff. It had been decided that Cadence and Shining would adopt the foal when it was born but Sapphire was determined not to let that happen. A guard came rushing into the throne room.

“Princess it’s the former queen, she’s trying to kill herself!” Cadence and Shining gasped. “I already alerted the medical staff. They’re with her now.”

Cadence and Shining ran out the throne room, down the halls, and into the dungeon. When they entered they were met with the cries of a new born foal and felt a wave of relief wash over them but it was short lived. They made it down the stairs and saw Sapphire in a pool of her own blood, dead. She used a sharpened piece of crystal to cut herself. The doctor then turned to address the princess.

“I’m sorry princess we weren’t able to save her but we were able to save the foal by preforming emergence surgery. It’s a unicorn colt just like we said it would be from the ultrasound.”

The nurse then handed the foal (wrapped in a blanket) to Cadence and she smiled. He had a white coat with a black mane and tail.

“Cadence look.” Cadence looked to where Shining was pointing and then she saw it. There was a message written in blood on the wall in the back of the cell. It read.

To my little one, I will not let them take you away from me. I know this seems unfair and selfish of me to do this but it is for the best. Don’t worry we will be with your father soon. I’m sorry Eclipse.

Cadence thought that the least she could do was use the name Sapphire picked out for him. “I think Eclipse is a fine name.”

Shining turned his head to look at Cadence. “Very well Eclipse it is.”


Over six years have passed and as far as Eclipse or anypony else knew he was Cadence’s and Shining’s biological son. Only a select few knew the truth. To pull this off Cadence stopped making public appearances during most of Sapphire’s pregnancy and used a spell to fake her own to fool the palace staff. A royal summit was going to take place in the Crystal Empire and Celestia, Luna, and Twilight (now a princess with her own castle) made their way there. After they arrived they went to meet up with Cadence and Shining at the palace. They entered the throne room.

“Cadence,” said Twilight.

“Twilight.” The two ran up to each other and even after all these years still preformed their sunshine-sunshine ritual.

“So where’s Eclipse? Is he with shining?” said Twilight.

“Shining is picking him up from school as we speak. Let’s adjourn to the conference room while we wait.” Shining and Eclipse entered the conference room a few minutes later.

“Hey you made it. Eclipse go give your aunt Twilight a hug.”

“Ok.” He then ran up to Twilight and they embraced each other.

“My look how much you’ve grown. I have a gift for you.”

“Really!” Twilight then pulled a book out of her saddlebag and he took it in his hooves.

“Daring Do and the Quest for the Sapphire Stone.”

“It’s a story by one of my favorite authors. The first in a series of books. I hope you enjoy it.”

“Thank you aunt Twilight.”

“Eclipse why don’t go to your room and read your new book. We have business to discuss.”

“Alright mom.” He then walked out of the room and the meeting got underway. The sun had set and everypony retired for the evening. Eclipse was dreaming peacefully until he heard an unfamiliar voice and awoke with a start. He then scanned the room. “Hello, anypony there?” At first he thought it might just be his imagination until he heard the voice again more clearly this time.

Hello son.

“Who’s there? I’m not your son.”

Oh but you are. My name is Sombra former king of the Crystal Empire and I’m talking to you from inside your head.

“You’re in my head, wait I’ve heard that name before. You’re supposed to be dead.”

Well technically yes but that’s not important at the moment. What is important is that your so called parents have been lying to you your whole life.

“That’s not true!”

Oh but it is. It’s because of them and the other princesses that me and your real mother are dead. But don’t worry I’m here to save you from them. This may hurt.

Eclipse felt a tingling sensation at the tip of his hooves but it quickly turned to pain as his coat began to change to a dark gray color from his hooves upwards. The pain traveling with it.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!”


Cadence woke with a start. “Shining did you hear that?”

“Hear what?” he said half asleep.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!” They looked at each other, quickly got out of bed, and ran into the hallway. The screaming continued. Celestia, Luna, and Twilight heard it too and left their rooms as well.

“What’s going on?!” said Celestia.

“I don’t know! It sound like it’s coming from-!” Before Cadence could finish Eclipse came running out of his room screaming and ran into a wall. He then rolled around on the ground with tears in his eyes.

“IT HURTS! MAKE IT STOP!”

Cadence gasped. “Eclipse what’s wrong!” Then they noticed his coat changing color. Eclipse stopped for a moment and looked up.

“What’s happening to me?” He then closed his eyes and the last of his coat changed from white to gray. He fell silent, sat up and opened his eye. They were red and green with purple mist radiating from them.

“Well-well look at this, princesses it’s been a long time hasn’t it.”

“Sombra,” said Celestia.

“That is correct.”

“But how?” said Cadence.

“Well you see right before I died I transferred a piece of my essence into Sapphire and it eventually made its way into the foal. I remained trapped in the recesses of his mind until I was finally able to come out. And thank you for taking such good care of my boy but I’ll take over from here.”

“Like hell you will!” said Shining.

“Oh really and just what are you going to do? This is still his body so I don’t think you’ll risk hurting him in a fight.”

“Coward! Using your own son as a shield,” said Celestia.

“I’ll take any advantage I can get right now. But as much as I’d like to stay and duke it out I don’t know how much longer I can stay in control of him. So I bid you farewell, but don’t worry we’ll meet again someday.”

Shining leaped toward Sombra but he turned to shadow and fled. He ducked into the nearest shadow and disappeared.

“NO!” said Shining. Cadence put her hooves over her eyes and started crying. Celestia wrapped her wing around Cadence to comfort her.

“Don’t worry we’re going to find him.”

“Yes we are,” said Shining before running off to gather the guards.


Sombra reappeared inside of a cave and released his hold over Eclipse. His coat reverted back to white and he took in his surroundings.

“Where am I?”

We’re in a cave deep within the Crystal Mountains. This is where I lived before I was king. Now it’s a safe house that I could have disappeared to should the need arise and our new home for the time being. It has a fully stocked library and enough provisions to last a long time. Your training begins tomorrow.

“Training for what?”

To avenge our family and take back what is rightfully ours. I’ll explain everything in more detail later but for right now try and get some sleep, you have a big day tomorrow.

“I want to go home,” he said while crying.

In time you’ll come to understand that this is for the best.

Comments ( 3 )

When is de next chapter?

7310770
I'm going to try to finish Tombstone before I get back to this one or the others. So I can't say for sure.

7310816 ah cool just i am enjoying ur 2 fics

Login or register to comment