• Published 17th Oct 2015
  • 519 Views, 11 Comments

Eclipse - Fullmetal_Pony



Eclipse, son of King Sombra. He has spent years training, preparing for the day he would become king of the Crystal Empire and that day has finally come. But before that we must go back to the beginning and it all started over a thousand years ago.

  • ...
2
 11
 519

Chapter 2

A guard ran into the throne room of Canterlot Castle and approached Celestia. “Your highness, terrible news from the north. Our scouts have been keeping an eye on the empire and they report that King Sombra and Queen Sapphire have returned to power. Also Princess Cadence and the others have been taken prisoner.”

Celestia sat there mouth agape in shock as she processed what she just heard. “Fetch my sister at once and inform her of the current situation.”

“Yes your highness.”


Back at the Crystal Palace the only sounds that could be heard were the ones coming out of the king’s bed chamber, then everything fell silent. Sombra and Sapphire lay next to one another panting a little with their manes a mess. She rolled over to face him.

“You really know how to please a mare. You animal.”

“A thousand years’ worth of pent up libido will do that to a stallion. Ready for round two?”

“You know it.”

Just as they were about to get frisky Sombra’s horn started flashing. “Figures.”

“What is it?”

“The alarm spell I put around the empire’s borders has been triggered.” Just then there came a pounding at the door.

“Sir I know you didn’t want to be disturbed but the southern petrol spotted a lone pegasus flying toward the city, it most likely has crossed the border by now.”

“You said it was alone?”

“That is correct.”

“Must be a messenger then. When our guest arrives have him wait outside until we are ready.”

“Yes sir.”

Sombra then turned his attention back to Sapphire. “Well my dear we should get ourselves cleaned up and looking presentable for our guest.”


After what felt like an eternity the royal messenger was allowed to enter the palace. He entered the throne room and came face to face with the king and queen.

“Your majesties I bring a letter from Princess Celestia and Princess Luna.” He then produced a scroll.

Sombra took it in his magic and read it over. “So the princesses wish to parley with us do they, very well. You messenger tell Celestia that we’ll agree to meet but only if she comes to the empire alone.”

“I will tell her.” He then took his leave.

Sombra then turned to Sapphire. “Well my dear all we need to do now is make some preparations for her arrival.”


The messenger made it back to the castle and approached the princesses. “Your highnesses I being word from the Crystal Empire. The king agrees to meet but only if Princess Celestia goes to the empire alone.”

“Sister tis an obvious trap.”

“I know Luna but we may be able to use this arrangement to our advantage. I have a plan.”


Sombra and Sapphire were in the throne room when his horn began flashing again. He walked onto the balcony and looked south using a telescope and indeed saw Celestia flying solo toward the empire. He smiled and walked back inside. He then closed and locked the doors to the balcony while reinforcing them with magic.

“Guards, go wait out in front of the palace. When Celestia arrives escort her to the throne room. I will then ask you to leave. When you do make sure to bar the doors behind you and don’t let any pony enter, understood.”

“Yes sir.” The guards then left. Minutes later they returned with the princess in tow.

“Guards leave us.” The guards nodded and bared the doors behind them. “Welcome princess, how long has it been a thousand years.”

“Yes well, I’m here to negotiate for the release of Princess Cadence and the others.”

“So sorry but I don’t feel like negotiating at this time. I am however willing to accept your surrender.”

“Never.”

“You don’t stand a chance. It took both you and your sister to defeat us last time. I’ve enchanted the inside of the room so that no magic can pass through, you can’t teleport away and the doors are sealed. Now die!”

Sombra fired a shot at Celestia and she countered. The beams met and pushed against one another but the power was too great and there was an explosion where they met. The shock wave sent them reeling. Sombra turned to shadow and charged Celestia while Sapphire let him soften her up a little before joining in.


Luna after following her sister cloaked by an invisibility spell, infiltrated the palace and made her way to the dungeon. She hid behind a corner and used her magic to knockout the guards at their post. She then made her way over and scanned the area with her magic. Sure enough she found an alarm spell around the dungeon and disabled it. She was about to enter but stopped, thinking this may have been too easy Luna scanned the area again. It was barely detectible but it was there, a second alarm spell that had been hidden behind the first. She carefully disabled it too and headed inside making her way down the stairs until she reached the cells.

“Princess Luna!” said Twilight. Luna got the keys and opened the cell. “Where’s Princess Celestia?”

“My sister is keeping Sombra and Sapphire busy, we must make haste and join her.” Luna then used her magic to clear away the crystals on the others horns. “Let’s go.”


Celestia was starting to wear out. Sombra had been relentless in his attacks leaving her on the defense through most of the fight. But she had to keep going to buy Luna more time. Then they heard a commotion outside and the throne room doors flew open with Luna and the others rushing in.

Sombra was shocked. “What?! How did you-”

“It’s over, your reign is at an end!” said Luna.

Celestia, Luna, Cadence, Twilight, and Shining lined up and fired. Their beams merged into one. Sombra and Sapphire did the same but they were outnumbered and out gunned. The point where the beams met kept moving toward the king and queen. Sombra knew what was going to happen, he pushed Sapphire clear and took the full force of the blast. There was a loud explosion and Sombra was sent skidding backwards beaten and bloody.

“NO!” Sapphire rushed to his side. He then began coughing blood. “Please Sombra don’t die on me.” Tears started to form in her eyes.

*Cough* *Cough* “I’m afraid…this may be…the end for me.”

In a last act of desperation she decided to tell him something that might help him cling to life. “Sombra there’s something I need to tell you and I’m sorry I didn’t do it sooner. You’re going to be a father.” The others were shocked by this.

“Really?” he said in a low voice and smiled. Perhaps this isn’t the end after all.

He then had a violent fit of coughing and took his last breathe, then he was dead. Sapphire let the tears flow freely and closed her eyes. But what everypony in the room failed to notice was Sombra’s shadow merging with Sapphire’s. Sapphire then turned to look at the others and opened her eyes. There was nothing but pure hatred in them and they focused on Celestia.

I’LL KILL YOU!” Sapphire mustered all the power she could and fired at Celestia. She raised a shield around herself and the others then Luna fired a stun spell at Sapphire hitting her dead on. Sapphire collapsed onto her side unable to move. Celestia removed Sapphire’s crown and made her way to her. Sapphire looked up to see her. “Go to Tartarus,” she said in an angry tone.

“It’s over Sapphire.”

“Then what are you waiting for, kill me.”

“No, everypony make no mention of Sapphire’s pregnancy to anypony else without my approval. Sapphire you will be put in the dungeon while we figure out what to do about the foal.”

“I’ll be damned if I let you take my foal away from me.”

“Sorry but you brought this upon yourself.”

After Sapphire was put in the dungeon Cadence and Shining Armor were named the new rulers of the Crystal Empire and the Crystal Heart was restored. At first the crystal ponies were scared that they would be punished for having sided with Sombra and Sapphire but were relieved to find out that wasn’t the case. Celestia, Twilight, and the others then left the empire and retuned home.