• Published 26th Nov 2015
  • 248 Views, 0 Comments

You've Got to be Foaly Kitty Me: Should Equestria Be Home? - Josh Crapo



Josh has to find a way to make it back to earth with Tail Flight and Wind Rust to preserve and restore their feline memories, possibly leaving behind all of the dreams that he's achieved in the one week he's been in Equestria.

  • ...
 0
 248

August 18, 2015 (Josh)

Another day, another meet with the Wonderbolts. At Cloudsdale, I seem to get perfectly along with all of the Wonderbolts.

"Okay Wonderbolts, warm up a few minutes. Josh and I will join you in a few." Spitfire and I sit down as the rest of the team warms up. "So, how's everything coming along in Ponyville?"

"Pretty well."

"I imagine that it's going to be a while before you retire."

"Yeah. Hey, ever met Spike?"

"Not sure. Wasn't he the one who blew the horn signifying the pegasi to start up that jumbo tornado?"

Oh, crap! I can't say that that was from Friendship is Magic in front of Spitfire. I might as well tell them that I've heard of it. "I remember hearing about that when I first met Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash. But yeah, he apparently was." Spitfire seems to buy it.

"That's pretty cool. So, is he Twilight's assistant or something?" I nod. "Well, you sure know a lot about Equestria for someone who's been there for about a week. I'm generally impressed."

"Thanks."

"Now how about we get to flying?"

"I'm in." Spitfire and I join the rest of the team warming up.

My aerial coordination has been vastly improving like Rainbow Dash said it would if I just jumped to fly instead of imitating Mario. Now with being with the Wonderbolts as one myself, I'm using that improving aerial coordination to start performing tricks. The first thing I try is the double inside-out loop. A Wonderbolt actually recognizes it immediately.

"What was that you were doing? I don't think anypony was ever successful pulling that off on their first try! Not even us!"

"Hey Surprise, I know what it is." Blaze flies over to Surprise and I. "It's the double inside-out loop."

"SURPRISE!!! BLAZE!!! JOSH!!!"

"Lightning Streak?!?" all three of us say in unison.

"Somepony sent a letter saying that a friend of his needs to get back 'home'. He said to send it straight to you, Josh." Lightning Streak gives me the letter.

"Who's this somepony, Lightning Streak?" Spitfire comes between Blaze and I.

"Here's the letter Spitfire. I can barely read the common Equestrian alphabet that well. At least Princess Celestia's writing I can read." I hand Spitfire the letter which she promptly reads.

"Got it. 'Dear Joshua, I just encountered an unexpected visit from Tail Flight who seems to be in emotional distress as I'm writing this. She says that Rainbow Dash had yelled at her asking where Josh was. She said she didn't know but I'm not sure if she even belongs in Equestria with you around. I went to Twilight's castle with Tail Flight and Twilight may have a solution to this, saying that she'd deal with Rainbow Dash. Come as soon as you can. Maybe we can figure something out. Wiretap.' Well, it sounds like you have some friends that need you. We have over an hour and a half of practice time left. But the letter does say to come as soon as possible. You should really go. What friend would you be if you weren't there for Tail Flight?"

"Thanks Spitfire." I dash out of the stadium and get to Twilight's castle. It didn't take much time.

When I get to the throne room, Twilight is there already. "Hey Josh."

"So, you've seen Tail Flight and Wiretap?" Twilight nods. "Yeah, what a nice way to be of early dismissal from practice."

"Tail Flight and Wiretap went back to Marechias."

I face palm and lip sync a bomb. I groan. "I'm sorry, it's just I needed to let something out and now I feel so good that I did."

"Oh it's quite alright Josh. I can relate."

"Well, I've got to go now. Bye."

I wave goodbye to Twilight dashing off to Marechias to get Tail Flight and Wiretap.