• Published 9th Oct 2015
  • 227 Views, 0 Comments

Chaos in the Family - Aurora Hope Healer



Basically a side story for "The Lost Ones". Follow what Discord has to go through from the middle of the Nightmare War to the present with the ponies. (No info available to me about season 5 :( )

  • ...
 0
 227

Chapter 5

This continued for a few more years, Hope leading, Discord following along with the entire army that the young alicorn had amassed. She had yet to reveal that she was a princess, and that was how she liked it. Discord didn’t mind answering to his youngest sister, much to his surprise. She used his chaotic abilities like she used anyone else’s special talents. She had done her research into everyone in her army, and she knew each member and his or her abilities. She used them to their fullest potential and they were glad for it.

News had come around though that the princess, Astrana Hope, the twin of Celestia, had been captured and was under the enemy’s control. Hope had actually growled at that and had ordered her soldiers to continue onwards as they started searching for the remaining two princesses and prince. She had also ordered them to do as they saw fit, though she would still issue out commands. There were a few in the group by now who had been royal guards at one point or another, and they knew she was a princess, but still followed her wish to be known simply as Hope Healer. They knew that she was torn and was worried her anger would cloud her judgment. Much to everyone’s surprise however, her judgment was still as clear as ever.

One night however, Discord and Hope were on a scouting mission. Discord was trying to pass the time by whispering to his younger sister, of whom he was incredibly proud of and impressed with. Sombra had been completely wrong about the young alicorn mare.

“… and so I was thinking after this, what will we do? Sombra’s going to throw a fit when he finds out what we’ve been doing…”

“Since when did the master of chaos fear the master of crystals? I think he’ll stay out of our manes for a while soon enough.” Hope’s eyes were darting everywhere as she kept an eye out for trouble. She had left her Lt. in charge of the camp at the moment, and knew they were in good hooves.

“Since he turned me into this!” He pointed at his disfigurement. At one point, he too had been a normal looking unicorn. “How come you aren’t scared anymore?”

Hope thought about it for a minute and then laughed. “I haven’t been able to spend time with any of you since you left the palace all those years ago. For the past five years, you’ve been working under me, of all things. I think that if Sombra is going to give me trouble again, then this time I won’t hold back my powers… you remember don’t you?”

“That you asked me to put a power dampener onto your tiara? Yes. I noticed you haven’t worn it in a while.”

“Actually, I’m wearing it right now. I have it disguised as my helmet.” She pointed a hoof at her helmet and dispelled the illusion for a moment. It looked like a simple band with a jewel in its center for a minute before she restarted the spell to make it into her helmet. “See?”

“Impressive. Even with a power dampener on, you still have an amazing amount of magic at your disposal.”

“I don’t want it though.”

“But you have it.”

Hope said nothing to that as they continued on. A distant sound caught Hope’s ear as her eyes widened. “Problem!” She started running. “Discord, tell the others to get here as soon as possible! Celestia is fighting Astra and Luna’s scared and hurt!” Discord didn’t question how his younger sister knew what was happening to the others. He had quit questioning things like that shortly after joining her army. Discord turned and ran as fast as he could.

Hope ran as fast as her hooves could carry her, her cloak getting caught in the thorns and brambles as she ran, tearing it off and revealing her cutie mark. When she made it to the clearing where her sisters were, all that was left of her Hope Healer outfit was her helmet and the clasp of her cloak that was holding the element of chaos known as the element of dreams.

She looked in horror as she noticed her sister, Celestia was fighting an alicorn that was similar to her in looks, but was a light purple with large purple eyes and a dark purple mane. The cutie mark on the mysterious alicorn was similar to her sister’s, Astra’s, compass, but the heart in it was broken and the compass was upside down. This was not her sister, and yet, she knew that it was what had become of her. “No…” Her voice was a hushed whisper. She looked around and noticed her twin. “LUNA!” Luna was unconscious and on the ground.

Aurora raced over to her twin and used her black horn’s magic to heal her sister. When she was sure her twin would be in no harm, Aurora placed the element of dreams into her sister’s hoof and turned to face the older twins.

Luna gasped as she felt something cold touch her hoof. She looked at it weakly and recognized it as an element of chaos, one of six that had supposedly disappeared or been destroyed, thanks to Sombra’s hatred of chaos. “What?” She asked weakly. Aurora risked a glance back at her nocturnal twin. “Aurora?” Though it had been about fifteen years, she recognized the mismatched eyes, the dirty blonde hair, and the most striking thing about the pink alicorn, her black horn!

Aurora just shook her head clear of the desire to comfort her twin and turned to the task at hoof. “Tell Discord he’s to follow my Lt. until the end of her time, and he better not forget it.”

“What?”

Aurora started charging towards where her sisters were flying and fighting above her. She spread her wings out for the first time in years and attempted to fly. She had never flown before, but that didn’t stop her. She needed to stop the fight. “CELESTIA, ASTRANA, STOP!”

The two didn’t seem to hear her, but Luna shouted at her twin to come back and stay away. Aurora didn’t care. She had to stop the fight. She flew above Astra’s new form and recognized the traces of nightmare magic that had forced her into such a state. She growled and used her magic to take off her power dampening helmet.

She threw it to Celestia as it transformed into her tiara. “Time to switch out, Celestia!” Aurora pulled her wings in and dropped down onto Astra, much to the surprise of the two alicorn sisters. “Sorry Astra, but it’s high time you see a healer!” Her black horn glowed once more and a bright white star enveloped the princess of the stars and the young healer. “Good bye my sisters… we’ll be back when this is fixed…” When the light was gone, much to the horror of Celestia and Luna, so was Aurora and Astra.

Author's Note:

Ah yes, I took a few minutes to take a trip back in time to see this for real, and let me tell you, I was terrified. Something that rarely happens at all to me. (What about with...?) Aurora, you said I could do the commentating and writing! (Fine, hehe.) Thank you.... now onto the story...