• Published 9th Oct 2015
  • 226 Views, 0 Comments

Chaos in the Family - Aurora Hope Healer



Basically a side story for "The Lost Ones". Follow what Discord has to go through from the middle of the Nightmare War to the present with the ponies. (No info available to me about season 5 :( )

  • ...
 0
 226

Chapter 4

When they got back to camp, their commander was bearing her black cloak and was giving enchantments to the earth ponies. “Good, you’re back. Get everyone ready. We’ve got an elite Nightmare wizard coming towards us. I think he sensed the chaos magic.”

“I still don’t understand why you won’t let me bring him on a wild goose chase.”

“Because they’ve been training their wizards to counteract your magic and capture you. No offense, but you’re sticking with us, and you’re standing next to me. I don’t care what you say and how old you are, you are fighting with us.” The cold stare in the mare’s eyes made the lord of chaos feel a chill in his heart. “Got it?”

Discord gulped. “Got it… Commander Hope.” Somehow he felt more afraid of his littlest sister now than he did of the entire Nightmare Army.

“Good, now power up some chaos magic, because not all of them will have magic on their side. We need to confuse them as much as possible.”

“What did you have in mind?” Now he was interested. He raised an eyebrow comically off his face. Sombra never let him use his special brand of chaos magic in the war.

Aurora smirked. “I was thinking about that trick you pulled at my last birthday party. I always loved your chocolate milk rain and cotton candy clouds.”

“OOH! I love it! They’ll freak out so much from the weather alone!”

“Don’t forget to lower the clouds in like a fog and stick the nightmares together!” Aurora laughed as she motioned for the small army to get into formation. There were a few that would be staying behind at the camp to clean it up and guard those cleaning up, but the majority of the army would be with Commander Hope and Lord Discord. Aurora then took a deep breath and resumed her air of command as Commander Hope Healer. “Alright troops.” She said as she went to the front of the group. Discord was surprised at how serious she had gotten and so quickly. “I’m not going to lie to you, you all know that by now. We’re going into the fray again. I want you all in teams of six. Two of each kind, you know the drill.” The ponies formed into teams of six; two pegasi, two earth ponies, and two unicorns. “Good. Now, keep your magic strong, your swords sharp, and your clouds full of lightening. Lord Discord?” She turned her head towards her brother.

“Yes, Commander Hope?” He had a feeling that it was best to address her as such until he was told otherwise. “What do you need?”

“Lightning clouds run out fast around here and I want you to use your particular brand of powers and skills to summon up some cotton candy clouds to make the enemy sticky and unable to fight. Then I want you to see if you can lend a hand with some… licorice whips!”

Discord’s eyes widened in shock and delight. It was so chaotic and confusing, he could have easily thought of it on his own. “Licorice? Really?”

“Yeah! We can have them whip at the nightmares and scare them off! We can also have you mess with their magic before it messes with ours! Think you can do it that fast? They have limited range and their best spells are to trap us into nightmares.”

“How have you been fighting that?”

Hope blushed. “I… I found one of your elements.” Her voice was in a whisper.

“Which one?”

“Element of… dreams…” Hope’s voice was near silent as she showed the small jewel that was used as a clasp on her cloak. It was a simple looking jewel much like the elements of harmony were, but the elements of chaos were more dangerous if used incorrectly.

Discord’s eyes turned into a slight glare.“We’ll discuss this after the battle, commander. For now,” He snapped his fingers and appeared on Hope Healer’s back with a set of golden armor on. He held a large sword in his claw that was made out of what appeared to be peppermint and his shield had a large swirl on it with Hope’s Healers’ trademark red cross symbol. He was small enough now that he wouldn’t weigh too much for the young alicorn. “What do you think? Too much?” He tightened his grip on his little sister’s reigns while she just laughed like a mad mare.

“They’ll never expect it! Hope’s Healers! Let’s ride!”

Author's Note:

Ah, now that was a fun time, hehehe... oh? Right... the elements of Chaos... um... something I made by accident when I found my special talent... there's six of them... just like the elements of harmony... no they don't counteract them... they were actually supposed to work together with them or something I think. Anyway, there's the elements of dreams, which as you've probably guessed, is actually in Princess Luna's hooves. I also made an element of Nightmares, not sure where it went to, see. Sombra got ticked off at me one day and scattered the six of them around the globe quite stupidly too... I also happened to get a hold of the harmony elements, but before he could do the same thing, I placed them into that tree that my sisters found them in... yeah, Luna and Celestia always forgot what I could make... anyway back to my elements of chaos... let's see. . . I named Dreams, Nightmares... oh, right... time. Yes, Time is chaotic, and then there is music, faith... and what was that last one... I made it a long time ago, even for us immortals terms... oh, right, this one was always Aurora's favorite... it was the element of Hope. Hmm... I wonder if Aurora knows where they all are at this point...