• Published 9th Oct 2015
  • 226 Views, 0 Comments

Chaos in the Family - Aurora Hope Healer



Basically a side story for "The Lost Ones". Follow what Discord has to go through from the middle of the Nightmare War to the present with the ponies. (No info available to me about season 5 :( )

  • ...
 0
 226

Chapter 1

It was the middle of the Nightmare War, and Discordian Chaos, or Discord as he was more commonly known as, was doing his best to fight without causing too much havoc for his brother and the three of his sisters that were on the battle field. He currently found himself lost in one of Equestria’s many forests. “Of this is just my luck. Sombra would order me to not use chaos magic… honestly, it’s all I’m good at anymore!” He kicked a rock with his hoof, one of the few pieces on the draqonuess that was still what it had originally been. He sighed.
His older brother had assumed that they were supposed to be following his rule since their parents had died. Sombra was always hard hearted. It probably didn’t help that he was able to manipulate crystals. Sombra was a dark furred Unicorn with seriously powerful magic. His younger sisters, Celestia, Astrana, and little Luna, were all dealing with their own parts of the war. They had each gained their cutie marks, but the youngest of the four, and Luna’s twin, didn’t have her cutie mark yet. This caused some issues between her and her eldest brother. Aurora Hope was Luna’s twin sister, and the little light pink pony had no special talent that they knew of. Sombra had insisted that Aurora stay at the palace in the Everfree forest with some of the guards, where she could remain safe since she had no powers that were useful to defending Equestria against the Nightmare army. Aurora had then proceeded to locking herself up in her room crying after practically being told she was useless.
“Need a hoof, Lord Discord?” Discord turned in surprise to find a young pegasus that was a light yellow and had a four leaf clover in the middle of a swirling purple and white circle. Her mane was light pink with a single white streak in it. “You seem lost.”
“I am. Who are you?” He hadn’t expected to find anyone out in the middle of the forest.
“I’m Clover Swirl, but everyone calls me Crazy Clover.”
“Why would they call you that?”
The mare smirked. “Well it might be because I’m crazy, or it’s because of my special abilities. Anyway, we should return to my camp. My commander sent me out when I told her I sensed a strong amount of Chaos magic.”
Discord’s different sized red eyes widened at that. “You can sense my powers?”
Clover smirked and blushed. “That’s nothing. You should see what I can do with them, hehe.”
Discord used his own abilities to try and sense any powers nearby and found that she had an amazing amount of chaos magic in her as well. “What are you?”
“I’m a pegasus that was born on a night when Princess Luna’s moon was red.” Discord blushed. That had been his magic playing around. He had been informed that ponies born on that night would have an unnatural strength in chaotic magic, but that only one pony had been born that night. Since then, he hadn’t pulled that kind of trick again.
“Whoops… sorry… my bad… heh.”
“Don’t be sorry. Because of you, I have the abilities to track down the Nightmares easier. Chaos Magic is similar to Nightmare Magic.”

Author's Note:

Now, I know that there weren't many who looked at my sister's story, but hopefully you'll take a look at mine? Just saying... Clover actually reminds me of Fluttershy now that I think about it... hmm...