• Published 7th Oct 2015
  • 10,601 Views, 901 Comments

SPD Emergency - cyberlord4444



Meet Anubis "Doggie" Cruger, head of SPD, SPD Shadow Ranger, founder of the Equestrian Royal Guard, former human-wait, what were those last 2?

  • ...
29
 901
 10,601

PreviousChapters Next
Case 40: Mega Vs Robo

Gai and Cruger stepped out of the portal outside of SPD base, “You’ve gotta be kidding me...” Gai breathed as he beheld the two giant robots currently stomping their way through Ponyville, “he went so far as to send the Go-Ongers after me?”

“Could be worse,” Cruger said.

“They’re currently stomping through the buildings of Ponyville, shouldn’t you be a little more concerned?” Gai deadpanned.

“Not really, all cannons fire.” As he said that, beam turrets hidden all over the base began to open fire on the two enemy megazords.

Gai grabbed Cruger’s shoulder “Oi! Did you forget!? The sentai versions of these things are made up of sentient beings, and I don’t think they’re doing this willingly!” Gai said over the thunder of the cannons.

“Oops, used to the RPM versions, cease fire.”

“Have A-squad sortie in their megazord, I’ll get mine. But they follow my lead on this one.”

“Got it, Deploy Runners, Displaced will be taking point.”

Gai pulled out his Gokai Cellular and punched in the Galleon’s launch code.

“GOOOOKAI GALLEON!!!” The voice cried as the Galleon flew out of a cloud bank.

“I always wondered why it does that every time,” Gai muttered as he grabbed onto one of the ropes and allowed himself to be pulled inside. Not wasting any time, Gai rushed to the cockpit of the Galleon.

“Kaizoku Gattai!” He cried, activating the Galleon’s transformation sequence, the other components ejecting themselves from the Galleon and recombining to form a humanoid figure.

“Kanzen! Gokai-Oh!” Gai said as the giant robotic pirate landed.

“Not bad,” Dash said, “but let’s see how it stacks up to the Delta Squad Megazord.”

“Stuff it, kid. We need to get those mechas away from Ponyville before they stomp on any more civilians. Overall game plan is to force the pilots out without causing too much damage to the mechs themselves, they’re victims in this just as much as the residents of Ponyville are.” Gai said, all business now.

“Your target is Ganbaru-oh, that would be the one with the giant gun for an arm. I’ll take Engine-oh.”

“Got it, watch and learn.”

With that, both megazords charged the two attacking mechas, tackling and dragging them to the outskirts of Ponyville, out of reach of civilians.

“Engage your target, but remember, nonlethal so no judgement finishers, got it!?” Gai said as Gokai-Oh drew it’s pair of cutlasses.

“Not a problem,” Breaker said as the DSM drew it’s blaster, “now let’s dance.”

“Cocky little kids...” Gai muttered as he charged his opponent, slamming the guard of the right cutlass into Engine-Oh’s head while simultaneously sweeping the legs out from under it, causing the whole mech to topple over before Gokai-Oh spun and landed an axe kick straight into the chest region of the mech.

At the same time, the DSM had also drawn it’s sword and was using it to deflect blasts from Ganbaru-Oh while returning fire. Ganbaru-Oh responded in kind, deflecting shots with it’s cutter arm while also returning fire. The battling mechas finally reached each other and locked blades, both of them looking and wrestling for a firing line for their respective guns. The DSM then hooked one of it’s legs behind on of Ganbaru-Oh’s and threw it to the ground, holding it’s blaster at it’s head.

“Arresting it isn’t enough, you gotta force the combination to cancel!” Gai called as Gokai-Oh continually pummeled it’s opponent, forcing the Engines apart.

“Got it,” Pearl said, before the DSM used it’s blade to slice at the connection points of the 3 Engines that formed the mech, causing them to separate.

“Don’t let them all join up,” Cruger said over the radio.

“Already on it,” Dash said, as the DSM jumped on top of Carrigator, preventing it from moving.

Suddenly, the brainwashed Engine roared to life, accelerating with the DSM struggling to hold on.

“What did you expect to happen?” Gai said, trying very hard not to laugh at the ridiculous scene, “the Engines are giant vehicles, and that one’s a member of the Gian race!”

“Not helping!” Dash said, gritting her teeth as the DSM was thrown off by the centripetal force of one of Carrigator’s turns.

“ENGINE GATTAI: G6 FORMATION” A robotic, zombie-like voice rang out as all the separated Engines rushed together, recombining into an even bigger mech.

“ENGINE-OH G6, TUNE UP” The voice said again as the extremely bulky mech towered over Gokai-Oh and the DSM.

“Hey Cruger.” Gai said over the comms.

“If you want some backup, I have 2 possible options.”

“No, I was gonna tell you to try not to choke on your foot.” With that, Gokai-Oh leapt out of the way as G6 took a wide swing at him with it’s cutter arm while simultaneously shooting at the downed DSM.

“Less blaming who invoked Murphy, more smacking down on G6,” Cruger said as the DSM rolled out of the way, “besides, I was talking about the possibility of G9, which if anyone you would command.”

“My guess? Basco hasn’t managed to catch up with any of the Wing race. Hopefully it stays that way. Besides, if G9 was a feasible threat, then Seikuu-Oh would’ve been raining death from above,” Gai said as Gokai-Oh darted in to slash at G6’s leg, “and that would make way more problems because none of our mechs can fly yet.”

“Well then, want to hear my backup options?”

“Nah, I got this, just need to borrow a little firepower from A-squad.” Gai snapped his fingers as a series of portals appeared in each of the Runners’ cockpits, “listen up A-scrubs, I need you guys to back out for now and then drop your morphers into these holes, uncle Gai’s gonna show you something cool.”

“Do it, I know what he’s planning, and it will be glorious,” Cruger replied.

“If you’re sure boss,” Hammer said as they placed their morphers in.

“Yessss, yessss, listen to your boss and hand over your morphers!” Gai said in his best villain impression as the five morphers dropped into his waiting hands, “let’s just hope this works!” Closing his eyes, Gai forced the image of five keys shaped like A-squads suits to form in his mind. Suddenly, he felt the morphers shift in his hands as they became smaller and more key-shaped. Gai opened his eyes, “it worked!” He cried, inserting all five ranger keys into slots on his command console, “Ranger Key, set! Let’s go!”

“Go get ‘em,” Cruger said, “Authorization Granted.”

All the parts of Gokai-Oh opened up like treasure chests, light shining out of them. When the light faded, Gokai-Oh now had signal lights coming out of each limb, two large blasters gripped in each hand with police sirens blaring from unseen speakers.

“Kanzen! Deka Gokai-Oh!” Gai cried out, his excitement apparent in his voice.

“Did he just steal our Megazord’s look?” Pearl Spark asked, realizing she had detransformed.

“Yep,” grumbled Dash, remembering how the same pirate had impersonated an SPD member to kick their tails the day before. She added yet another way to kill the crazy pirate to her already long list, this one involving root beer, rubber bands, and sushi.

“Yeehaw!” Gai whooped as Gokai-Oh ducked and weaved through G6’s melee attacks while simultaneously taking potshots at the various joints in the giant mech until it looked like it was ready to come apart at any time.

“Time to end this!” Gai cried as he turned the keys in their slots, causing the Deka parts to come flying off of Gokai-Oh and recombining into a recreation of Delta Runner One with several Gokaiger insignias stenciled in,replacing the SPD logo.

“Gokai Pat Striker!” Gai shouted as the pirated patrol car raced towards the enemy mech, it’s wheels spraying bullets as it spun around like a top, crashing into G6, and forcing the Engines apart once more.

Rainbow Dash added a sock to her new assassination plan.

“Aaaand boom goes the dynamite!” Gai said, chuckling as the Engines were separated back into their souls and casts, their pilots having leaped out of the deactivated vehicles.

Gai followed suit, along with A-squad, all of them facing off against a group of five multicolored figures. “Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to present the thirty second super sentai team: the dimension-traversing Engine Sentai Go-Ongers. Also known as the attack dogs for a certain someone. No offense, Cruger.”

“None taken, I don’t like being called a dog anyway.”

“So I’ve noticed.” Gai said as the red figure threw a silver ball towards him.

As soon as Gai caught it, a figure dressed in a garish shawl and gaudy tricorn hat appeared as a hologram, “Hi~ Ika-chan!” The figure said, waving to no one in particular. Gai instantly scowled, a dark shadow passing over his face.

“So, I bet you’re wondering: ‘Oh mister Basco! How ever did you find me! I thought you flung me across dimensions when you shafted me with that warhead. Please don’t hurt me!’” The figure chuckled, “Unfortunately, I only just sent the Go-Ongers after you at random. As much as I hate to admit that I didn’t have some ‘master plan’ to find you, I really didn’t. No, I just told them to rampage until they detected your dimensional signature!”

“Basco...” Gai growled, shaking with rage at the sight of the figure before him.

“Hey, hey, can you guess how many of our fellow Displaced I’ve managed to remove from the game? Go on, guess! You can’t? It’s five! Yep, five of our compatriots bit it to help me get more powerful, isn’t that great? Well, ta ta for now! I’ve got verses to traverse and Displaced to slaughter! Buh bye!” With that, the figure winked out of existence.

“BASCO YOU BASTARD!!!!” Gai roared, crushing the message and startling A-squad.

“So,” Cruger said, “I don’t suppose it crossed your mind that I could have used that to try and find him?”

“Cruger, take A-squad back to base.” Gai said, his voice deathly calm, “I need to work off some steam, and I’d rather not have your kid’s corpses on my conscience.” Gai reached for his limiter brace and twisted it, causing the thick metal band to fall to the ground with a *thunk*.

“Just so you know, our simulator rooms can withstand multiple nuclear bombs, and I took a photo of Basco for the APB, but I could make you a holographic punching bag of him,” Cruger said as the DSM separated and returned to base.

“Why? I have five perfectly good punching bags right here!” Gai said, his cheery tone belying the ungodly rage that festered behind his eyes, “just be ready to redraw the maps of the local area when I’m done.”

“Fine, just remember to clean up after.”

“Oh don’t worry, these guys are self-cleaning! At least when there aren’t Gormin inside them...” Gai said, cracking his knuckles, “Now if you don’t mind clearing the area for me.”

“Pretty sure the giant robot smackdown took care of that, I’ll be working on my Stroganoff recipe if you need me.”

“Fine, I’ll do it myself!” Gai huffed, snapping his fingers as a series of portals opened up under A-squad, sending them aboard the Galleon, which flew back towards SPD base.

Gai cracked his neck with a sharp twist of his head, “oh yeah, I’m gonna enjoy this…” he said, sheer bloodlust in his voice as he strode towards the Go-Onger phantoms, “any time you’re ready, gents...”

The Sentai drew the blasters at their hips and opened fire on the pirate, only to have their target disappear before their shots even left the barrels.

“Gotcha.” Gai whispered from behind Go-On Yellow before tearing through her chest with a single punch, the limp phantom body hanging from Gai’s forearm. “Get off please. Gokai Mjolnir.” He said softly as he bought his arm down like a hammer into the ground, causing it to erupt and create a crater the size of a small meteor strike. The other phantoms leaped out of the way to avoid being caught up in the concussive pressure wave.

“Thank you,” Gai said to the crumpled remains of Go-On Yellow, “you can rest now.” Gai looked around, the other phantoms were nowhere to be seen. He clapped his hands together, “a game of tag, huh? I love tag! Guess I’m it though. Boo.”

It didn’t take long for the other members of the sentai to be found, they all ambushed him as soon as he crossed the edge of the crater, “idiots,” Gai muttered as he grabbed them by their helmets one by one and flung them off into the distance, “how am I supposed to blow off steam if you all come at me slower than I can kill you?”

He charged, his hands digging into the ground as he ran, leaving a small fissure in his wake before ripping his hand out of the earth right before crashing into Green and Black, causing a giant rock fist to blast the pair a mile into the air, “Gokai Gaia Hand!”

“Gokai Rising Phoenix!” Gai said as flames enveloped him, and he jumped up after them, rocketing up and grabbing the pair by their necks before the flames around him erupted into a glorious conflagration that looked as if Celestia herself had decided to bring the sun down to her subjects.

Green and Black’s charred and burning bodies came crashing down, leaving small craters on impact with the ground, “and then there were two...” Gai muttered, scratching his neck, “these guys are dropping like flies! This is why I wear my limiter, fights against weak opponents are sooooo boooooring.” He whined childishly.

“Uh, you feeling okay?” Cruger asked.

“Oh, I’m fine. Just peachy! Now where, oh where are those little piglets...”

“Oh man, here we go,” Cruger said as he warped in, “tell me you’re not going berserker.”

“Nope!” Gai said with a too-wide grin, flash-stepping and grabbing the throats of the Red and Blue phantoms that had tried sneaking up on Cruger, “tag! You’re it!” he giggled, clenching his hands, and audible *snap* echoing through the area as the phantoms’ ‘necks’ broke. “Hey Cruger.”

“Yeah?”

“Are you strong? I’m bored.”

“I was afraid of this,” Cruger said as he drew his sword, “I should introduce you to Kats sometime.”

Gai grinned, drawing his spear in gun mode and leveling it at Cruger, “you called me ‘Jack’ before, right? Well… I guess it’s time for Jack to let ‘er rip!” He fired off several shots at Cruger.

Cruger raised his hand and conjured several portals to redirect the shots back at him, “Last chance, stand down or get rekt.”

Gai let the shots land, seemingly completely unfazed, “FITE ME IRL SCRUBLORD, I’LL PUNCH YA RIGHT IN THE GABBA, SWEAR ON ME MUM! CUTLASS MODE!” On command, the barrel of the gun extended, a blade of blue energy appearing in the shape of a cutlass, Gai switched his grip on the handle before lunging at Cruger, their blades clashing as Gai continued to charge, dragging the pair of them deep into the Everfree.

“You know, if you wanted to minimize civilian casualties, all you had to do was ask,” Cruger said as he turned intangible and let Gai pass through him, “now, stand still so I can knock you out.”

“NO WITNESSES, NO CRIME! GOKAI THANATOS GRASP!” Gai shouted as he slammed his free hand onto the ground, causing it to erupt with clawed hands made of black crystal, all grabbing onto Cruger, despite his intangibility, and he could feel something being ripped from him.

“So, you want to play hardball, we can do that,” Cruger said as he teleported out, “SPD Emergency! Spectre Mode!”

“Ooooh! Fancy suit! Gokai Change!”

GOOOOOKAIGER!!!

“And one more! Gokai Change!”

SHUUUUUUURIKENGER!!!!

Standing before Cruger was a green figure with a golden chest piece and a sword at his side. “Chou Ninpo! Kage no Mai!” Gai shouted, clasping his hands in a handsign as he vanished entirely, several shadowy copies bombarding him with kicks and slashes from all sides.

“Two can play at that game, Active Camo,” Cruger said before disappearing himself.

“Oooh sp00py!” Gai said, holding up a green sphere, “Chou Ninpo! One Thousand Knocks!” He cried as he swung his sword in it’s bat-like scabbard, launching copies of the ball in all directions, smashing through trees and foliage indiscriminately with no sign of slowing down.

‘Let’s give him something to focus on,’ Cruger thought to himself before deploying several decoys he had scattered around while in Camo.

“Ooooh! Copies! I can do that too! Chou Ninpo! Bunshin no Jutsu!” Gai cried as multiple clones appeared and began fighting the copies while more began scattering more of the destructive green spheres to the point where the forest became a bullet-hell game.

Cruger grinned to himself as he drew his rifle, ’All too easy.’ He then started sniping at the copies with impunity, teleporting to a new perch whenever one of them or one of the balls got too close.

Finally, Cruger managed to hit the one that appeared to be the real one, the bullet going square between the eyes. The figure collapsed spread-eagled on the forest floor. ’Better make extra-double sure,’ he thought to himself before scanning him with infrared.

Suddenly, the figure erupted into white smoke, revealing a straw dummy with a piece of paper stuck to it’s face. Cruger barely managed to make out the words: ‘too bad!’ before a crackling blade of plasma energy severed his rifle in half, nearly taking his head off with it. “LEEEEEEROY JENKIIIIINNNS!!!” Gai screamed as he streaked past Cruger.

“That was my favorite gun,” Cruger said before extending his wrist blades.

“Cruger! Cruger! Can you hear me!?” A voice squawked over Cruger’s built-in comms as he and Gai clashed in a flurry of blades.

“Roger, who is this?”

“It’s Navi! You have to listen to me very carefully! Gai took off his limiter brace, right?”

“Let me guess, he’s gonna stay nutso until it’s back on his wrist right?”

“Last time he was like this, he tore open a new canyon in the badlands and murdered three Elder Dragons in a blood rage, and even after that it took him three days to get tired enough for me to put it back on! He’s undergone mental training to prevent the rage, but with Basco pushing his buttons like this...” Navi’s voice dropped off, “let’s just say I think this was planned.”

“Understood, now if you don’t mind, I’m gonna finish this.”

“You don’t get it! He won’t stop until he’s dead or we reattach his limiter! Did you see it when you started this?”

“No,” Cruger said, ducking under a swing from the bat-like scabbard and parrying a follow up slash with his wrist blades.

“That’s what I was afraid of...” Navi muttered, “We’ll have to attach a new training brace, it won’t stop him until the brace adjusts itself to contain him, so you’ll have to tire him out.”

“Actually, I have a better idea,” Cruger said before retracting the blades on one arm, “Knocking!” With that, Cruger jabbed at several points on Gai’s body, paralyzing him.

“Oooh, nerve attacks! Good thing I heal fast!” Gai said, his inner magic pushing back against the pressure point attack and restoring his faculties, “ice ken!” he cried as he slashed Cruger, the absolute zero temperature freezing him solid instantly. “Fire Ken!” Gai cried as he bought the blade back around, thawing Cruger and then some, the intense thermal shock causing multiple fissures to appear in his armor.

“I told you! He won’t stop until he’s dead or limited again!” Navi cried into Cruger’s ear, “why does nobody listen to the parrot!?”

“Why does everyone underestimate me?” Cruger asked no one in particular, “I grabbed it back before we started fighting, and put it on him during the 2 seconds he was Knocked, honestly I need a PR guy.”

“I SHALL NOT BE SILENCED!!!” Gai roared, slamming his fist into Cruger’s chest, the severely fractured armor shattering from the force. “I WILL NOT BE SUBDUED!!! I AM THE NIGHT! I AM VENGEANCE! I AM SUPER HUNGRY RIGHT NOW!!!!” Gai cried as he scrabbled for the limiter brace, attempting to remove it.

“I don’t think so, Knocking!”

Gai’s internal magic pressed against the pressure attack, only just barely managing to keep it off this time, “NOT THIS TIME, DOGGIE!” Gai roared, gripping the clasp on the limiter and tearing it off, “ROUND TWO! FIGHT! GOKAI CHANGE!!!”

TIIIIIIMERANGER!!!!

Gai’s form shimmered with with red light, when it vanished, Gai was wearing a red and black suit and leveling a blaster at Cruger’s exposed chest, “DV Defender!” He cried, pumping Cruger full of laser bolts.

“Okay,” Cruger said as he coughed a bit of blood, “you wanna play little gopher? Strike Mode!”

“Gokai Change!”

DAAAAAAAIIIIIRANGER!!!!

Gai rolled his shoulders, taking a fighting stance, “Kung Fu time!!!! Ki Ryouku!” He shouted, extending his palm, causing the ground to erupt under Cruger, flinging him into the air.

“Time to finish this, Moonwalk.” Cruger lept from one patch of thin air to another, grabbing the training brace before heading back to Gai, “Bullet Punch time.”

“Not likely! Gokai Mjolnir!” Gai shouted, slamming his fist into the ground, blasting Cruger away with the pressure wave before lunging in, his palm crackling with electricity, “Gokai Zeus!” he cried, as a lance of lightning arced it’s way into Cruger… and the forest behind him.

“Well then, if you’re gonna be like that, it’s time to end this, Dimens-Knocking!” Cruger summoned several large needles of energy and jammed them into Gai. “Don’t bother trying to escape,” Cruger said as he clasped the limiter around Gai’s wrist and started wrapping it with duct tape, “those spikes are locking you down at the quantum level, no amount of struggling will get you loose.”

“One last resort then,” Gai said, detransforming into Gokai Silver, “Gokaiger forbidden killing technique! Gokai Black Fog!” Gai took a deep breath before a thick, black mist poured out of his helmet’s mouthpiece, clinging to the needles and eating away at them. “The Black Fog eats away at the target’s magic and physical strength, just like Thanatos Grasp, but there is no escape, it seeks it’s target and eats it away until there’s nothing left.” Gai chuckled, “I was saving it for Basco, but this works too.” The needles shattered and Gai was able to jump away, “having a strong opponent to focus on helps when trying to come out of a blood rage, thanks for that Cruger.”

“So, are you sane again? Or do I have to break out SWAT Mode?”

“I’m good, but at the same time...” Gai tore the limiter off his wrist again, “I kinda wanna finish this out. Gotta prove I’m not a scrub, right?” Gai said as he pressed the button on his belt, causing all the sixth ranger keys to spill out and coalesce into a golden anchor key.

“You already made me use my trump card, so it’s only fair we finish this good and proper.”

“As long as this has moved from trying to reel in a nutjob to a friendly spar, I have no objections, SWAT Mode!”

“Gokai Chaaaaaaange!” Gai shouted, inserting the anchor key into the Gokai Cellular.

GOOOOOKAI SILVER!!! GOLD MOOOOOOOODE!!!!

In a flash of golden light, a giant gold anchor appeared over Gai’s head, dropping down and encasing him in golden armor. The Gokai Spear head turning to look more like an anchor and the upper part of his helmet dropping down to become a visor.

“These two are a pair of reckless idiots...” Navi muttered over the comms.

“Well then, shall we make this a One Strike Battle?” Cruger asked.

“I have five minutes like this before I collapse from the strain of fifteen combined changes, I kinda wanna make this showy.”

“If you’re sure, then so will I.” Cruger drew his sword and inserted it into a slot on his shield, causing it to become a massive energy sword, “Hope you don’t mind, but the Delta Damocles needs field testing.”

Gai grinned under his helmet, taking a combat stance, “bring it, ya’ old dog!”

“Let’s go.”

Both rangers lunged in, swinging their respective weapons, Gai’s spearhead clashing against Cruger’s energy blade, neither one giving an inch, the ground cracking from the strain of supporting the melee.

“You know, you’re not bad, for a rookie.”

“Thanks, but I did just spend the last year fighting a kinda one-sided war you know.” Gai chuckled as the two broke apart, sweeping the other end of his spear low, taking Cruger’s legs out from under him and bringing the spearhead down on the energy blade again as Cruger blocked.

“Please, that kinda thing’s standard for us Displaced. Besides, I meant that I’m the first Displaced you’ve met,” Cruger replied before drawing his blaster and firing.

Gai staggered back, allowing Cruger to get up again, “That’s not entirely true. I’ve met Basco, haven’t I?”

“You were Displaced together, doesn’t count,” Cruger replied before jumping back, “so, ready to finish this?”

“Oh yeah.” Gai said, pulling out the Gokai Silver key and inserting it into the spear, causing both it and his armor to glow.

FIIIIIIIIINAL WAAAAAAAVE!!!!

“Go time,” Cruger said as he pointed his blade at the sky. The shield section launched into the air and grew in size until it was as tall as the Delta Command Centre.

“Gokai Legend Dream!” Gai cried as fifteen ghostly figures appeared at either side of him, each representing one of the keys that made up the Gold Anchor Armor. One by one, each of these ghosts slashed at Cruger giving Gai time to finish his windup, the head of the Gokai Spear glowing with a bright, golden light.

“I don’t think so, Delta Punisher!” Cruger swung his sword, which was connected via energy tether to the giant one, which swung as well.

Gai flash-stepped in, slashing twice before getting hit by the energy sword while stepping out of the attack.

Silence.

Both fighters stood completely still, not moving a muscle as a soft wind blew across the now desolate landscape.

Cruger slumped to one knee, “Well then, I have to say, you’re pretty good, guess I don’t get to call you rookie anymore.”

Gai chuckled, relaxing the hold on his spear, “you’re not bad yourself, we should do this again sometime when I’m not stir-crazy from going all out against weak opponents.”

“No problem, I’ll let Doc Plague know you need a bed.”

“Heh, thanks.” Gai said as he detransformed and collapsed face down in the dirt, a wide contented smile on his face.

Author's Note:

What is Basco's master plan? Will the power of the Go-Ongers prove useful? How would Gai have fared against Gilgamesh? Find out next time on SPD Emergency!

Cross part 3

PreviousChapters Next