• Published 7th Oct 2015
  • 10,601 Views, 901 Comments

SPD Emergency - cyberlord4444



Meet Anubis "Doggie" Cruger, head of SPD, SPD Shadow Ranger, founder of the Equestrian Royal Guard, former human-wait, what were those last 2?

  • ...
29
 901
 10,601

PreviousChapters Next
Personnel File 10: First Day

Author's Note:

Written by Knives

Hello, My name is Jack Hunt. I live in Ponyville and I am a SPD Patrol Trooper, Squad B member. What does SPD mean, well it stands for Space Patrol Delta, but it also means Serve, Protect, Defend. I wasn’t a SPD Trooper for long in fact I just got accepted 2 weeks ago. I just came back from a job in Manehattan with a new member of my family. But I am getting ahead of myself. Let me tell you about myself first. I was a bounty hunter for at least 7 years. I liked bounty hunting but when you are a bounty hunter you get looks as if you were the bad guy. I ignored it for a while but eventually I got sick of the dirty looks I was getting and quit. It was hard finding a job for someone with my background. I looked for a while until I heard that there was a new type law enforcement around. It sounded pretty cool and it went along with what I stood for in the world so I sent in a application letter and my resume in hopes I can become a SPD Trooper. After a day or so I got a letter from them so I opened it and it said this.

"Jack Hunt

This is to inform you that you have been accepted into Space Patrol Delta. Position: Patrol Trooper, B Squad.

Responsibilities include: patrolling Equestrian cities, intervening in crimes in progress, securing crime scenes, arresting suspects.

Promotion to A Squad may be granted pending a formal performance review.

Congratulations on your new position, do not dishonor it.

Serve. Protect. Defend. SPD."

Signed Commander Anubis Cruger.

I just stared at the paper for a few second until I let out a girly squee of delight. I looked around and somehow no one heard that. The letter also came with the package and inside was a uniform with the logo SPD on it and a badge with the same logo. I was so happy that I got accepted that I went to tell my girlfriend Sapphire who I was living with about the news.

"Hey Sapphire I have some wonderful news." I told her as she turned to face me. Sapphire was a light blue Pegasus with purple mane color and a black tail. Her cutie mark is a cloaked pony with a scythe. Never really asked what that meant but I don't bother to ask. I mean my cutie mark is a sword with a hourglass.

"Hey Jack baby. What news is it?" she asked me.

"I found another job." I said to her. She ran over to me and gave me a hug.

"That great honey! What kind of job is it?" She asked me and I told her about it and she was skeptical. " I don't know honey. This job sound dangerous." She said to me and I chuckled a little bit.

"Honey. It's no more dangerous than my bounty hunting. I will be fine." I told her and we shared a kiss. I put on my uniform and she commented on it.

"It looks good on you honey." She smiled as she said this. I smiled back I told her I was off on patrol. She said good bye and then I was off.

So as you imagine I was hoping that I was going to take down crime organizations and becoming famous. but then I remember that it's not about fame or glory it's about helping out ponies and being the best you could be. I traveled to different cities in search of crime. Instead I was helping cats out of trees, settling arguments between families, and I was helping old mares across the street. It was nice doing all those things but I want something more you know? So as I was patrolling around Manehattan I heard a cry for help and I went off sprinting towards the sound. I found 3 guards and a criminal holding a filly with a knife to her throat. My eyes went red but I remained calm as I approached the situation. One of the guards saw me and approached me.

"Stay back citizen. We got this covered." He said. I rolled my eyes and said.

"It's ok pal. I am here to help. SPD Patrol Trooper Jack Hunt at your service." I said as he looked at me with confusion. I quickly explained to him who I was and what SPD meant and then he had a small smile on his face.

"It's good that you are here. We've been trying to get this guy to let go of the filly for a little bit now and it's not going well." He said in a frustrated tone.

"Let me try guys." I said as I walked towards the stallion. I can tell that he is mean and on edge as I approached him. He looked at me and shouted.

"Stay back! Don't come any closer or this filly gets it!" He said in a angry tone. He moved back a bit until I said

"Freeze Criminal! Come quietly or there will be." I pull out my sword, pointed at him and then said "Trouble!" I told him. He laughed at me and said.

"Oooo Some sort of Space cop is trying to tell me what to do. Fuck off before you get hurt pal." He said while still laughing at me. I glared at him and said.

"Let the filly go scum." I said to him in a angry tone. The little filly was scared and crying as she said.

"P..please mister.. just let me go." The filly said as the criminal took his knife and cut the fillies arm. My eyes went wide as I saw blood coming from the filly. Now I don't get angry to much but when someone hurts a filly then I just lose it. My eyes went red and the criminal just froze and dropped the filly. She ran off to the guard and then I approached the criminal with my magic charged. I charged at him with some lightning chains that I made and I chained him up. The three guards were stunned at how fast I subdued the criminal as they dragged the criminal away. The Guard I talked to before came to me and said.

"Thank you for the help man. If you don't mind we will take him to custody." He said as I nodded my head and they took him away. I walked over to the filly who had a bandage around her cut as I could see the guards tended to her. I got on one knee and said to her.

"Are you ok little one." I said in a sweet voice. She looked up at me.

"Y..yes I am.. T..thanks mister for saving me." She gave me a weak smile.

"It's was nothing little one." I said as I looked at her arm "Give me you arm for a second." She did just that and then I used my lightning magic to heal the cut on her arm. "There. The cut on your arm should be gone." She gasped and removed the bandage to see. When she saw that it was gone she smiled brightly and gave me a hug.

"Thank you so much Mister!" She said to me. "What is your name?" She asked me.

"My name is Jack Hunt. What is your name?" I asked her and she said.

"My name is Lin." She said with a smile on her face.

"What nice name and you don't want to call me Jack you can think of a nickname for me." I said with a smile on my face. She thought about for a bit and then said.

"I'm going to call you Mr. Bubbles!" She said while giggling. I don't know why but for some reason I like that nickname.

"Ok. I am Mr. Bubbles now. So let’s take you home to your family." I said this and then Lin got sad hearing this.

"I... I don't have a home or a family." She said as she was starting to cry. I quickly hugged her and petted her head. He felt bad for her. Being all alone in a big city like this. Then he got a idea.

"Hey. Do you want to come live with me?" I asked her. Her eyes brightened up when I asked her that.

"R..really? Can I live with you?" She asked me. I nodded my head and said.

"Yes you can." I smiled and then she hugged me again as we went to the train station and went home to Ponyville. Then something dawned on me as we were riding back home. How the hell am I going to explain this to Sapphire.

PreviousChapters Next