• Published 2nd Oct 2015
  • 2,743 Views, 110 Comments

Questions and Answers with House Path - AlaskaIsCold



Long Path travels to Canterlot and runs a series of seminars for the University of Canterlot Journalism Department.

  • ...
3
 110
 2,743

Old Building, New News!

Author's Note:

Okay! So this is how its going to work! I am going to keep questions opens for three days, Friday to Monday. I'll spend a few days writing up the answers. and then publish a chapter sometime during the week this will repeat for as long as I have people asking questions. I cant really answer questions directed to the chakat characters since they are preexisting characters. However I can answer world building questions, questions about unresolved plot points, and questions about what house path and the GEC are planning to do next. ask the right questions and you might get a few hints on the various potential ideas that have been floating around for a second installment.

You can ask it via a comment, or via a private message, it helps if you give me some kind of a description of who is asking the question and how they catch the ball so that I can incorporate it into the chapter.

Pretty much this is kind of like an RP of sorts, have your OC ask a question, and Path or Free will answer (or you might get somebody else answering)

Keep in mind that this is going to be written and edited by me, and my grammar is awful, as goldfur and this author's note blurb will attest to. So yeah.. think up any kind of question somebody would ask, and ask away!

Gisela walked down the hallway with a tired yawn – it was way too early in the morning. She sat down at the kitchen table and fumbled around for her coffee mug, only to be handed a cup while a second person poured some of the precious brew for her. It only took her a few moments to blink and look at two of her grandparents grinning at her.

“What do you two scoundrels want?” she asked, her lips starting to curl into a smile. Generally, when those two were up this early and were grinning that widely, it was for something big.

“So – you know how you had the debriefing for the government heads?” Path asked.

“And then for the House Path headmasters?” Free followed up.

“...Yes?” She kept listening as she munched a hot buttered muffin that had been placed next to her mug.

“Can Free and I host a Q and A session for the general public? I’ve been hearing a lot of questions being asked about what happens now with the Stellar Federation and with the entire universe.” Path put on his best puppy face.

“Grandpa – you’re nearly two hundred years old, so why do you act like a kid all the time?” she asked with a groan.

“Because acting young is the best way to stop aging!” Path exclaimed!

“Well, most of the venues large enough are booked up with other events – this is the middle of the semester, after all.”

“Don’t worry – one of my good friends can get me some space in Old Canterlot University! I figure it will be just a one day thing. People can call in or walk in and ask questions. I’ll confirm with Pif and Hype what subjects I can talk about. It’ll be fun!” Path grinned.

“There will be cake!” Free exclaimed!

Gisela just looked at the pair of them for a few moments before she groaned again and went back to her coffee. “Go ahead,” she said with a dismissive wave of her claws. “Generally, when you two pull PR stunts, we get a huge boom to enrolment and contracts. Have fun, but don’t go overboard.”

The hippogriff almost regretted her words as she watched her grandfathers depart with gleeful looks on their faces.

---Four Days Later---

Path and Free Sat in the two old dusty chairs that were on the old canterlot college auditorium stage. Very few events were booked in this room so it still had a lot of the old decorations and items from back when Path did his last session here. Regardless the place had cleaned up nicely and lighting as well as telecom units were set up in a way that everyone can access. Free yawned while Path bounced what looked like a very old, dingy ball.

"You still kept that?"

"Yup, its the official Q and A ball. I used it, Lucida used it, Gisela hates using it but even she did once to make me happy."

Free rolled his eyes and looked to the entrance.

"The dean just opened up the doors, we should be getting a flood of people coming in soon."

Path took a moment to gather his thoughts while the room filled up, he opened his eyes and tossed the ball high up into the tall room. watching it land in the hands of one of the audience members. "Ask a question then toss it back up into the air as hard as you can. It will go to who wants to ask another one. Don't worry about yelling the ball has a moderate voice amplifier spell on it so everyone will hear you."