• Published 30th May 2012
  • 792 Views, 10 Comments

The Disarray Trilogy Part 2: The Great And Powerful Trixie - Ink Blotch



The second part of the Disarray Trilogy. Trixie vowed one thing: revenge on Twilight and her friends

  • ...
3
 10
 792

Chapter 1: Winter Wrap Up

The Disarray Trilogy Part 2

The Great And Powerful Trixie

Chapter 1: Winter Wrap Up

“And it was I: THE GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE! Who defeated the ursa major and-” Trixie was not able to finish her story because she had to duck for a snowball targeted for her head.

Trixie stood on her stage enraged by the assault. “Who dares mock the great and powerful Trixie?!” She asked the small crowd of earth ponies and buffalo before her.

A yellow earth pony with a brown mane and wearing a cowboy hat and vest stepped forward answering her question. “Ah dare. Sorry bout that ma’m but ah tried tah get yer attention but ya couldn’t hear me over yer talken.”

Trixie scoffed. “If its about an autograph it will have to wait until after the show.”

The cowpony replied now with a tinge of annoyance in his voice “Its not that ma’m. Mah name is Braeburn and imma fraid I gotta ask you tah leave.”

Trixie glared at Braeburn. “Why? The great and powerful Trixie is in nopony’s way and winter wrap up is not for another few days.”

“It’s not that either. Ahve heard bout you from my cousin Applejack. Yer a fake! And what’s more you put an entire town in jeopardy!”

One of the buffalo in the crowd shook his head looking at Trixie and said “Bogus dudette.”

The crowd began to disperse into the streets. Trixie felt herself loosing her grasp on them and panicked. “No wait! How was the great and powerful Trixie to know that a couple of idio- loyal fans would bring an ursa major straight into town? The great and powerful Trixie was simply not prepared!”

Try as she did she had lost the crowd and only she and Braeburn remained. “Sorry ma’m but I jus don’t want any trouble in town.”

Braeburn tipped his hat to Trixie and continued on his way. Trixie sat there a moment seething with rage. “Always an Apple!” She thought “Damn them and they’re reproductive proficiency!

After stewing for a few minutes Trixie felt snow land on her nose. Looking up she saw snowflakes floating lazily to the ground. The streets of Appleloosa were deserted now, all of the ponies had gone inside to escape the cold. Back to their loving friends and families leaving Trixie alone in the cold.

She fixed her hat on her head remembering what skill it had taken to get it and her cape back from Ponyville without anypony noticing her.

Within moments her stage was folded up and placed in the back of her replacement cart. Unlike her older one that had been glorious and awe-inspiring this one was an older cart that had had no cover when she had found it. Trixie had made one for the driver’s seat that scarcely covered her or her few personal belongings at all. Trixie’s horn glowed and the cart came to life and began down the trail towards nowhere in particular.

Once out of town Trixie followed the train rails barely visible in the snow to wherever they took her. When she was sure that the cart was fine on its own she pulled from a box beside her a rolled up map of Equestria. Nearly all of the towns and cities had large red X’s through them and now Trixie drew another one through the town of Appleloosa.

Trixie sniffed and a solitary tear rolled down her face and onto the map. Once she had been loved and adored by many in the towns. Each year when she passed through everypony would be waiting cheering her name excitedly awaiting her new magic act. “But now…” She thought aloud “I cant even show my face in most towns. I’m a laughing stock.” Trixie gazed at the map and saw Ponyville. Her sadness dissipated and anger replaced it. “Twilight Sparkle. I swear with Celestia as my witness revenge shall be mine!… But how?”

Trixie had long ago accepted the fact that Twilight Sparkle was her equal and maybe even superior. Now all that remained was finding the right way to challenge her for Trixie’s honor to be restored. But there was no way that Trixie would challenge Twilight Sparkle without becoming more powerful. “But” She sadly thought back to her discovery after some investigation “She is Celestia’s protégé that means she has been growing more powerful in a day than any unicorn could hope to be in a lifetime. If only I had some ace in the hole I could use…”

Trixie sighed. This was the thought process she always went through after being rejected by a town. “Neigh” She said “The great and powerful Trixie shant dwell on these thoughts today.”

She rummaged through her box again and found a large hardback book with a picture of a magician's hat and wand on the cover. This was Trixie’s prized possession. This book was a compilation of biographies of the greatest sorcerers, magicians and wizards of all time. It was Trixie’s dream since she was a little filly to one day be in this book with her heroes.

She flipped through the pages trying to decide who to read about. All of them were equally wonderful and amazing whether they be happy, dark or pretentious. Finally she came to a decision. He had always been Trixie’s favorite. Most of the sorceress in the book were always stuck up looking and boring, it was only the magicians and occasionally wizards who not only were interesting but looked interesting as well.

At the top of the page was a picture of a grey unicorn with a puzzle block cutie mark. His mane was very short and black. He also had large bushy white eyebrows and a swirly white goatee. But what always caught Trixie’s attention was his eyes. This unicorn’s eyes were scarlet red and the left eye was smaller than the right. Above this oddity of a pony was the title “Rubik Cube”

Trixie had read and re-read his biography a thousand times before but it never got old to her. The story was unlike any other. A child prodigy who was hoof picked as a teenager to be the advisor of king Concentus. Not only that but the drama! It was rumored that he had love affairs with princess Celestia herself during her younger years and helped to spark the revolution against king Concentus that took place hundreds of years after his death.

The story gave Trixie chills just to think about it. While reading it all of her sorrows were evaporated. She read slowly absorbing every detail in and as she neared the ending paragraph Trixie noticed something she had not before. The page on Rubik was stuck to another. She had always used magic to turn pages so Trixie had never noticed this before. Carefully she peeled the pages apart and found that Rubik’s biography kept going.
On her page it ended with his mysterious disappearance but this page continued on about his legacy.

Trixie read aloud “Although most of Rubik Cube’s research and belongings have been found and either put on display or kept in the Canterlot archives one item has avoided being found: his legendary book of spells. Rubik Cube had always kept his custom spells in a notebook on himself at all times. It is believed that this fabled ‘book of spells’ has the most powerful and terrifying spells of all time contained. To this day nopony has even come close to finding it but brave souls continue to search for Rubik Cube’s lost legacy.”

Trixie did something she hadn’t for a while. She gave an honest smile. “This is it!” She exclaimed “This is what will get Trixie her revenge on that miserable Twilight Sparkle and friends. With the spells of her greatest hero Trixie will be unstoppable!”

Her mind was made up. Starting that moment Trixie had begun a quest for the lost legacy of Rubik Cube. Little did she know that was exactly what she would get.

*************************************************************



*BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP*

Twilight Sparkle moaned.

*BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP*

She reached a hoof to silence her alarm clock on her bedside table.

*BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP*

She fumbled to little luck.

*BEEP BEE-*

Success! Twilight made contact and the alarm was silenced. Twilight rolled over and thought to herself “Why in Celestia’s name did I set an alarm for so early?

She laid there for a moment almost falling back to sleep before she sat straight up in realization. “*gasp* Winter wrap up day!” She had nearly forgotten.

She stuck her head over the foot of her bed to awaken Spike but his little bed was empty and his green blanket was missing. He had to be hiding somewhere she thought. But she would find him later for now she went over her check list she had handy by her bed.

“Wake up, check, Spike hiding, check. Ok next on the list get ready for work.” She squealed to herself getting her scarf, earmuffs and multicolored organizer vest and putting them on. She then trotted downstairs to eat breakfast before heading to town square where she and her friends had agreed to meet.

For breakfast she ate a quick dandelion on toast. But halfway through making it she received a surprise while going through the pantry looking for bread. When she opened the pantry she found Spike curled up in his blanket using a bag of flower for a pillow.

Rather than shake him awake Twilight thought of a much better and nicer way of waking him up. While her bread was in the toaster Twilight pulled a small hoof full of emeralds from the lowest shelf which was filled with gemstones and other food a dragon would eat and the pancake mix from the middle shelf and made Spike an emerald flapjack. Just as planned once the smell reached Spike’s nostrils he yawned and woke up from his slumber. “*Yawn* Good morning Twilight.”

Twilight giggled “Good morning Spike. How was your sleep?”

“Ok I guess. I kept having this dream that I got too big for the library and had to build my own house out back. And then the dragon that lives in Everfree forest challenged me to a fight cause I flooded his cave or something.”

Twilight giggled. Spike always had the weirdest dreams.

The toaster popped up with Twilight’s toast. She ate her toast while Spike happily munched his flapjack. Afterwards Spike hopped onto Twilight’s back and they went through the library and outside towards the square.

Lots of other ponies were already up and about in the streets all of them sporting a vest for the different team they were on. The same tan, green and blue vests were there but this year mayor mare had also added more multi colored vests for the organization team. Its job was to make sure that all teams were on schedule and worked efficiently. On the new organization team were four ponies Twilight, Ms. Cherilee, Doctor Whooves and-

“Good morning Ms. Sparkle.” -Monarch.

Twilight turned to meet Monarch walking up to her. Twilight with some help from Monarch’s brothers had convinced him to take more caution in his experiments to avoid any more accidents so now his hair had regained some length but was still messy and uneven in some places. After being freed from the spell keeping he and his brothers captive Monarch had gone into a bit of a slump trying to find his place in the world. One day he realized that it didn’t matter if he wasn’t completely in charge of his brothers anymore because now he could be partially in charge of everypony. Monarch had taken to trying to be everypony’s leader but rather than coming across as helpful this came across as bossy. He had more than once been rejected from seeing the mayor because she was “out at the moment”.

Twilight knew that Monarch meant well and admittedly he had very good ideas. He could just be a bit pushy and bossy in his approach.

“Good morning Monarch.” Twilight greeted cheerfully. “Ready to wrap up winter?”

Monarch smiled. “Sure am! By the way have you seen Silver Lining? He said he would meet me and Rage in our kitchen this morning but he wasn’t even in the house.”

Twilight and Spike glanced at each other. “Do you really need to ask?”. At that moment they turned a corner and found Silver Lining standing in front of a cart manned by Mr. and Mrs. Cake serving muffins, bagels, coffee and hot chocolate. But Silver Lining was more concerned with something else sweet.

“No your hair is puffier.”

“No yours is.”

“No yours.”

“No yours.”

When Silver Lining and Pinkie Pie had begun dating Twilight had been unsure of the relationship. Now she knew all too well that they were a match made in heaven. They didn’t always coon over each other as they did now but when they did it was disgustingly sweet. The cutie mark crusaders had thought they were under the effects of a love potion the first time they had seen the two together and had attempted to keep them apart for a whole hour to little avail.

“Ahem.” Monarch cleared his throat to announce their presence. Silver and Pinkie had not noticed. He asked the Cakes “How long have they been at it?”

Carrot Cake thought for a moment counting in his head while he pulled a tub of cream cheese out from within a cooler beside the cart. “Well lets see Pinkie was with us when we dropped Pound and Pumpkin off at the babysitter’s. Then we set up the cart and Silver came by while nopony was looking so I would have to say maybe an hour.”

Twilight looked at the lovesick ponies gazing into each others eyes and she swore she could almost hear their hearts beating in unison.

Monarch chuckled to himself “Well it's almost time we can't leave them here I would hate to see what Rainbow Dash would do to him if he was late again.”

Twilight agreed but was not sure how to move the two. Monarch however did. Monarch bit down on one of Silver’s blue feathers and gave a swift pull.

The effects were instant. Silver’s eyes bulged out of his head and he leapt into the air clutching his wing. “Ow, ow, ow! Why would you do that?!”

Satisfied with the results Monarch spat out the feather “Oh don’t be such a baby feathers grow back.” But whispering to Twilight he confessed “No they don’t.”

Silver landed on the ground disgruntled by his brother’s brutality. “Ok just wait a minute I’m waiting for my coffee and then I will catch up to you.

“Ahem…” Carrot Cake cleared his throat “Your coffee has been ready for almost an hour.” He motioned to a cup sitting next to Silver Lining.

Silver Lining blushed “Oh.” He pulled a couple of bits from his blue weather team vest pocket and handed them to Carrot Cake. Taking his coffee in one hoof he said to Pinkie Pie “Are you coming with us?”

“Later I’m going to help Mrs and Mr Cake for a little bit but I will see you at the lake latter.” Pinkie blew a kiss to Silver which he caught in one hoof and rubbed onto his face. Spike in usual fashion opened his mouth and motioned gagging with his finger.

After leaving Pinkie and the Cakes Silver took a sip of his coffee but spat it out. “Gyah! Its cold.”

Monarch and Twilight laughed “Well” Monarch said “That’s what happens when it’s left out in the cold for an hour. Monarch lit his horn up and an orange aura surrounded the coffee cup heating up the beverage.

Silver happily drank a gulp “Thanks bro. You’ve been practicing that one.” He raised the cup to his mouth but stopped half way and gave his brother an inquiring look. “So it didn’t go well huh?”

Monarch looked away “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

Twilight was about to ask Silver what but the brothers had already began. “Come on Monarch you only ever practice convenience spells like heating when you have free time on your hooves. It did not go well with Clockwork did it?”

Monarch bit his lower lip but saw that he had no way out now with both Twilight and Silver looking at him. “Oh alright. No it did not go well with Clockwork.”

Silver shook his head “Bro you gotta step up your game. You’re running out of mares to ask out.”

“Technically I never asked them out.”

“Ok sure me and Pinkie had a hoof in it. But its not easy. You’re lucky that you’re a looker otherwise from word of mouth alone you wouldn’t stand a chance in Ponyville anymore. I mean there was Clockwork and Holly Dash and Roseluck and even Rarity!”

Monarch shot his brother a glare “We promised never to speak of that again.”

Before Silver could retort they had made it to town square where a crowd of ponies were standing waiting for Mayor Mare to begin her annual winter wrap up speech. Scanning the crowds Twilight found Rarity and Fluttershy with the animal team and a very impatient looking Rainbow Dash hovering in midair with a group of other pegasi. Silver Lining had also seen her because he gulped and spread his wings to fly over to her.

Twilight heard Rainbow yelling at Silver already for being late but she tried to ignore it so she could find the other members of the organization team. Finally she found Cherilee talking with Doctor Whooves close to the gazibo.

Twilight and Monarch made their way to them through the crowd passing through the crowd past the plant team where Applejack, Rage and Big Macintosh were talking.

“Its really too bad that Caramel can't be here wit us this year.”

“Eeyup.”

“Yeah… I don’t even know who that is.”

When Twilight got to Cherilee and Doctor Hooves the two of them waved to Twilight and Monarch. “Ello you two. I don’t think that we have ever been properly introduced. I’m The Doctor but some ponies like to call me Doctor Whooves but I much prefer being called just Doctor if you don’t mind.”

This brown colt seemed a bit strange to Twilight but overall friendly. They exchanged greetings but before they could get into any conversation the crowd had hushed and now Mayor Mare stood at the podium clearing her throat.

“Ahem. Fillies and gentlecolts. It is with great honor that I announce this years winter wrap up after last year’s grand success! This year with the addition of our new organization team.” She motioned to Twilight, Monarch, Cherilee and The Doctor and the crowd cheered for them. “I know that this year we will break our all time record for wrapping up winter!” More cheers. “Now then if all of the teams are ready I officially start winter wrap up!”

The crowd cheered for their mayor. Twilight cheered with all of them and was ready to go to her team she was to organize.

The Doctor got ahead of her “Well come on then you lot! Allonsy!” But after taking a few steps something unexpected happened. A few small snowflakes fell from the sky. Nopony else besides The Doctor and Twilight noticed this. Cherilee had already gone to the plant team and Monarch was moving out with the weather team.

One flake landed on The Doctor's nose. “That’s odd… Aren’t the pegasi supposed to keep the skies clear today?” Twilight found this odd as well. “Oh well probably just a few leftover flakes. Come on they’re waiting for us. Allonsy!”

Twilight thought that The Doctor’s analogy was probably correct but still. It was weird to see snow on winter wrap up day.

*************************************************************

“OK! One, two, three PULL!”

When Applejack yelled to pull Rage and Big Macintosh pushed forward as hard as they could inching forward as far as their reigns would allow it.

Every year at winter wrap up the plant team would tear down the old dead trees to make space for the new ones. But every year since Applejack could remember this one old oak tree could never be pulled down. This year however Applejack felt that they would finally get rid of it. She, Rage and Big Macintosh pulled with all of their strength and Applejack felt the tree finally begin to give away.

“Keep pulling ya two! It's almost down!”

All three earth ponies gave all that they had. A small crowd of other ponies on the plant team and a few pegasi from the weather team watched the three and gave cheers of motivation to them.

Finally giving one last strong pull the tree toppled landing on the ground. Applejack panted and wiped the sweat from her brow. The crowd of ponies cheered again triumphantly. From behind Applejack heard Rage laughing in success. “*Pant* Tartarus yeah! No tree can ever get the better of me.”

Applejack fixed her cowgirl hat on her head just as Cherilee arrived on the scene. “Hello Applejack.” Cherilee said “That was amazing what you just did there!” Cherilee looked at the sheer size of the oak tree as a group of earth ponies began to chop it up with hatchets so they could transport the remains.

Two of the choppers voices began to get louder as they began to argue. This called the attention of some of the other choppers who joined in the argument until the entire team was going at it.

“Oh dear.” Said Cherilee. “Excuse me everypony. Everypony. EVERYPONY BE QUIET!” The team of ponies were instantly silenced by the organizer’s voice. “Good. Now what is it that you all are arguing about?”

An orange earth pony by the name of Carrot Top replied. “Dirt Clod says we should cut the wood horizontally but Berry Punch says we should cut it vertically. But they’re both wrong because we should cut it diagonally!” The ponies began arguing again trying to out yell each other. Cherilee tried her best to get things under control. “EVERYPONY! PLEASE BE REASONABLE. EVERYPONY!”

Big Macintosh tapped Cherilee on the shoulder getting her attention. He then opened his mouth and let out a long loud “EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP!” This yell was so strong that Cherilee had to cover her ears to avoid going deaf.

This got the crowd’s attention back to Cherilee. “Oh, thank you Big Macintosh.”

“Eeyup.”

“Now that I have your attention might I ask why it is so important how we cut the tree?”

Carrot Top opened her mouth to reply but it hung open. “Umm, well I… I guess it doesn’t does it?”

The other ponies muttered their agreements and Berry Punch and a dark brown pony with a grey mane stepped forward. Berry Punch said “It really was stupid of us to fight about it. I’m sorry.”

“Yeah.” Said Dirt Clod. “I feel like an idiot.”

Cherilee smiled at how quickly the ponies had made up. “Ok then if everypony is happy now would Rage please lead a group to take what wood that has been chopped to the Apple family’s farm?”

Rage more than happy to stop idling trotted to Cherilee’s side. “You heard the lady move it!”

Once everypony was back to work Cherilee had a chance to stop and think. What could have set everypony off so easily to argue about how to chop wood? Cherilee dismissed this and returned to work monitoring the progress of the rest of the plant team. While she marked off her check list she didn’t notice the few snow flakes landing near to her.

*************************************************************



After leaving The Doctor Twilight had begun her duties as the head of the organization team. Cherilee had been in charge of the plant team, Monarch was in charge of the weather team and The Doctor was in charge of animal team. Twilight was the supervisor of winter wrap up as a whole. She was to take attendance, keep track of when each job began and ended and to periodically check in with other team leaders. She had just finished taking down the names of a group of pegasi about to collect the southern birds (Ditzy was going to be given another chance this year.) when shimmers of orange and black light sparkled in her eyes.

“Huh?” Twilight looked up and saw Monarch lazily floating by in the direction of the lake. He had a set of orange and black wings from a flight spell and was happily humming a tune to himself.

“Oh hi Monarch.” Twilight greeted the unicorn.

Monarch opened one eye and came in closer to Twilight. “Hey Ms. Sparkle. How is it going? No disasters?”

“Nope nothing yet. How about yourself?”

Monarch shrugged. “Pretty good Rainbow is really on edge today. But I think she just woke up on the wrong side of the cloud.”

Monarch continued to glide in the direction of the lake. Twilight followed not because she wanted to keep the conversation going but because her next stop was also the lake to check in with Pinkie on the ice cutting.

The Unicorns traveled in silence for a minute or two before Monarch asked “Ms. Sparkle… What can I do to make mares like me?”

This was not something that Twilight could have expected and she just looked at Monarch his face a bit blushed while her mouth was slightly agape. “Well… What exactly do you mean?”

Monarch blushed even more but continued “Well whenever I went out on one of Silver’s blind dates it would always end the same; she would always leave pissed off. Am I really that bad?”

Twilight thought of the best way to say what she was about to say. “Well Monarch you can be kind of… Bossy. You also kind of assume control of situations.”

Monarch thought on this. “Oh I thought as much. But I can't help it! Its in my nature to be that way. I was created off of the design of a military commander.”

“Yeah I know that but nopony besides Cherilee, Zecora and the crusaders know. And it might be a bit awkward leading with that on a date.”

Monarch chuckled at this. “Yeah it would.”

“But don’t give up hope you just need a mare who is just as bossy as you to counteract you. At least that kind of makes sense.”

“Well then I may be waiting for a while Ponyville mares aren’t all that mean.”

Twilight laughed. “Its alright when its time its time. For now just enjoy the bachelor’s life.”

The two continued to laugh and partake in idle talk until they made it to the lake. Pinkie had already finished criss-cutting the ice and was now surveying the skies with the other skaters for the pegasi that would clear the clouds for them. When she saw her friends she bounced over to join them.

“Twilight its so good to see you! You too Monarch. Have you guys tried one of Mrs. Cake’s muffins this morning? They are delicious! I helped make them of course but it was her recipe. I wonder if I could get her to give it to me? But she might want to keep it a secrete to herself and-”

Pinkie kept going on and Twilight and Monarch stood there smiling and nodding praying to Celestia or Discord that the pegasi would get there soon. They’re prayers were answered when the clouds opened and beams of sunlight poured out onto the ice slowly beginning to melt the ice.

From within the opening three pegasi flew out. Rainbow Dash in the lead and following her Silver Lining and another pegasus named rainy days. One look at Rainbow and Twilight now knew what Monarch had meant by “one edge” Rainbow’s face was more annoyed looking then Twilight had seen in awhile and Rainy and Silver looked fearful of her.

The three changed formation to a V shape and landed by Twilight and Monarch to give their report. “Hey guys sorry we’re late but SOMEPONY thought it would be good idea to fly as slow as possible.”

Rainy looked hurt and looked down as Silver patted her on the back. “Dash that’s not fair everypony knows that you are the fastest in Equestria.”

Rainbow glared at Silver “Oh really? You had no problem keeping up with me.”

“Yeah but that’s because…” Silver trailed off. He couldn’t say why he was able to keep up with Rainbow in front of so many ponies. They had sworn themselves to secrecy with Celestia not to tell anypony who or what they really were. They had only told Cherilee because she had deserved to know after being used as a pawn in their past plans.

Rainbow smiled devilishly “I thought so.”

Twilight was amazed at how her friend was acting. Rainbow was known for being mean from time to time but this really took the cake. At that moment the sunlight disappeared and the clouds had covered the hole in the sky.

Rainbow gave an annoyed grunt and rocketed to the sky blasting an even bigger hole in the clouds. While she was in the sky both Silver and Rainy gave looks that said “Help us please!” But before they could say anything Rainbow was back.

“Ok you feather brains lets go! We need to take out the clouds over town hall next.”

Both ponies replied “Yes Rainbow Dash.”

Rainbow took off and both pegasi followed after trying to keep up. When they were gone Twilight asked “What was her problem?”

Nopony else had a response except for Pinkie who guessed “Maybe she has a thorn stuck in her hoof?”

There was a long awkward silence before everypony returned to work.

*************************************************************


“And… TIME!” Mayor Mare pressed the button on her stopwatch and everypony in the square tensed in the dramatic pause.

The mayor glanced at the watch and proudly announced “Eight hours forty-two minutes and twelve seconds! This beats our record by more than five hours from last year!”

Everypony cheered at the news of the record being beaten by so much this year. This winter wrap up had been their most successful yet in a long time. From somewhere in the crowd a familiar voice shouted out “This calls for a PARTY!”

To this everypony even the mayor and her aides agreed.

Pinkie in preparation for this party the day before had gotten permission from Applejack to use her barn for a town sized party. When everypony got there they were amazed at the decorations Pinkie had used. Real clouds were floating near the ground. But unlike other clouds these were made of cotton candy.

“Wow Pinkie.” Said Carrot Top. “How did you make these?”

“With love.” Pinkie answered

This didn’t answer Carrot Top’s question but before she could inquire any further Pinkie was already off greeting other arrivals and occasionally taking a bite out of a cloud that got too close.

The party lasted all afternoon and into the night. Nopony began to go home until around midnight. By then all of the clouds had been eaten and most of the mess cleaned up.

On her way home Twilight could hear arguing ponies in the street coming home from the party. Nothing sounded too serious but it was weird to see ponies in such foul moods all day.

When Twilight got home she could tell that she was very drunk and was going to regret it in the morning. She was quiet as possible so as not to wake Spike. When she finally found her bed she snuggled in and immediately fell asleep.

Outside the lights in other houses turned off one by one. When all were out and everypony asleep silent as a moth flying clouds rolled onto Ponyville. Then without warning snow began to fall.