• Published 25th Sep 2015
  • 2,870 Views, 200 Comments

Angry Bird - Thadius0



When the world changes and you miss a day, but wake up with extra limbs, you tend to be a bit peeved. Well, moreso than usual. Doesn't help that I have...anger issues. Or a prescription. Or no way to fill it anymore.

  • ...
19
 200
 2,870

PreviousChapters Next
June 18th - 17 pills left

Yes, yes, yes! We found...well, half of what we wanted today.

It's still better than never finding it at all!

I know, I know, I'm not complaining. Now it's just a hunt for the keys.

Still, at least we found one. That's something.

It certainly is. Now all we need to do is raid any nearby houses for the other half. I don't know how to hotwire a car, and the internet's been dead for a while now, so it's not like we could look it up.

I don't know either. But if you want to talk progress...

Yup! The both of us actually flapped today! Managed to stop our falls for about two seconds.

It was just so startling that I...forgot to keep going.

This just doesn't seem right, though. I mean, our wings are just too small to actually lift something as heavy as we are off the ground, let alone keep us airborne.

Are you doubting the results we got?

I'm more saying we shouldn't have gotten the results we did. It doesn't make logical sense.

Oh, and Yvonne lifting things with her mind, or Chris being able to grow things quickly makes perfect sense in comparison.

All right, miss sarcasm. That's my job. Quit horning in on what I do.

I'm not the one with the horn.

Hilarious. I still think this doesn't make sense. I mean, I'll take it, but it doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

I understand where you're coming from.

...Grace, can we talk? I, uh, want to go down to my local Wal-Mart in the next few days so I can refill my prescription.

...Yeah, okay. I can see the point. You can go tomorrow, take the van you found. Pick up some food and water bottles while you're down there.

Thanks. I just...I know the sort of person I am when I'm not on my meds. I don't...I don't want to subject you all to that person again.

What, the sort of person that hunts down lions?

Yeah, the sort of person that doesn't think things through. I would rather be the semi-thoughtful soul I am now.

We'll watch the fort while you go get your medicine, Henry. And we have Skippy to watch over us, so there's that at least.

There's...another thing I want to discuss with you. C'mere, take a look.

...Oh, that's not good. You're out?

Yeah, had the last bit of meat just today. I might have to take up hunting. I would rather not, but...I get the feeling I might be just as bad without meat as I would be without pills.

Yeah, okay, I can see how that one might be a real issue...well, at least there's a city full of wild pets out there...

...That is a gruesome solution to our dog problem. One that I wish could say didn't appeal to me. But it does.

Get some sleep, we'll talk about it when you come back from your trip.

PreviousChapters Next