• ...
1
 10
 981

Chapter 1: Mare Do Well Returns

As Dash confronts her friends, a young unicorn listens from behind a nearby building.

"So, the imposters have been reveled" She thought to herself as she turned to leave.

The mare brushed her light grey mane out of her face and walked towards the outskirts of ponyville. On the outskirts, there lay a house, secluded from the rest of town. The mare entered the house and closed the door behind her. With a sigh, she looked down at her cutie mark, a flowing cape on her purple coat. Hanging on a hook on the wall, a long brimmed hat and a mask. A cape and costume lay folded on a chair beside it.

"If i had been able to speak for myself, i could have reveled the imposter" She thought to herself as she tried to vocalize her thought, which she appeared unable to do.

"Again my lack of ability to speak has raised issues" She thought, picking up her hat.

Her mind wandered to thoughts of her school life, thoughts of being made fun of for her inability to speak.

"Well, now that the imposters are gone" she considered, picking up the mask and pulling it over her face "I can help the ponies of ponyville once again".

She looks up at a photo of herself with her name on it.

"Forgotten Sound.... I wonder if anyone outside of my parents still remember my name" She wandered as she looked out her window towards Canterlot "I hope things are going good for them".

After donning the rest of her costume as the night began to fall, she left her house and headed towards ponyville.



The night was quiet as Sound walked the back alleys of ponyville. Her costume made her seem almost invisible in the dark of the night. Luna's bright moon was hidden behind the buildings. She glanced around and spotted two young colts sneaking around with what looked like a bunch of firecrackers. Using her magic, Sound lifted herself up onto the rooftop and tracked the colts as they headed toward the main square. She picked up the colts speaking in hushed whispers and she leaned in to listen.

"Hehe this is going to be so great" the one colt said as he began to place firecrackers around the hall "When these go off, the whole town will be awoken by the noise and will not know who did it, such a great prank".

Sounds head shot up when she heard what they were planning, she knew it would upset many of the ponies in town to be woken up at this hour. Without hesitation, Sound jumped down from the rooftop and ran towards them. The two colts looked up when they heard the sound of someone trotting towards them.

"Sly, It's Mare Do Well, Lets bolt" said the other colt as the one called Sly nodded in agreement.

Sound was quick on her feet and with a slide kick managed to trip up the other colt as Sly continued running. She quickly looked around saw a half broken branch on a nearby tree. She used her magic to break it off of the tree and toss it in front of Sly, causing him to trip over it. She lifted them with her magic and brought them back to where they left the firecrackers. She merely pointed to them and then to a spot on the ground in front of her, indicating she wanted them to collect the firecrackers and bring them to her. The two colts hung their heads and started collected the firecrackers. After they were done, she indicated that they could go.

"It was only going to be a joke" Sly muttered under his voice as the two walked away.

Sound gathered up the firecrackers and carried them off. She took them home till she determined what to do with them.