• Published 21st Sep 2015
  • 677 Views, 16 Comments

The Quest For The Black Cauldron - Oldtakufanboy



Parn and friends go on an adventure stop Queen Chrysalis from finding The Black cauldron to resurrect her army of deadly changeling warriors

  • ...
3
 16
 677

The Rescue

Author's Note:

Sorry for the long wait folks :twilightsheepish:

Thunder boomed across the castle as Parn tried his best to climb up the castle by using his teeth to grab onto the vines that were connected across the castle.

Parn kept his pace as he climbed. As he reached for one side, his right hoof slipped which ripped off a chunk of the castle. Parn looked down towards the falling rubble and saw it disappeared into the ravine below him. He then kept his mind back onto climbing.

"Phew, this is exhausting." thought Parn.

As Parn continued his climb, he then noticed a crack a few feet above him with a light gleaming out of it that was blocked by dead vines.

"Aha. I wonder if I can break through there." thought Parn as he climbed up to get a closer look.

As Parn made it close to the crack, he can see a glimmer of light and a little bit of the interior of the castle. Parn slowly raised his left hoof to brush away the dead vines, the rubble broke off as if it were dirt and fell down the castle and into the ravine below. Parn reached towards the crevice and got both hooves onto it and pulled himself in. Parn crawled through the crevice and into the castle.

Parn has finally made it inside of the castle. He checked his surroundings to make sure that he was in the clear. There was no one around; all that Parn could hear was laughter, cheering, and music. Parn slowly crept through the hallways until he noticed a stone window opening to where the sounds are coming from. As he peeked his head downward, he saw a bunch of diamond dogs having a good time celebrating.

"I wonder why they're celebrating?" thought Parn as he continued to observe the diamond dogs below.









"Cheers to everybody!" shouted a diamond dog holding up a mug of apple cider in the air.

The diamond dogs were having a good time eating, drinking their fills, and playing music. One of them was juggling balls as the others applaud for his performance. Among them was a rather diamond dog that was shorter than the others. He had one eye closed, while the other was opened. His fur was green, which was an abnormal color. He wore a purple shirt that had a capital 'C' in both the front and back. The others seem to find him a nuisance as he walked through the crowd finding a place to sit down and eat his turkey leg that was found on a large round table at the further right bottom corner of the throne room. As the little, green diamond dog poked his fork into it; a diamond dog from behind him sent him flying into another diamond dog that was just about to finish his last piece of turkey. As the little green diamond dog sat up, the now still hungry diamond dog grabbed him by the collar.

"Look what you did you little-" the starving diamond dog was cutoff as another diamond dog grabbed ahold of the little, green diamond into his paws and danced with him in a circle.

"Whoooaaaa!" shouted the little, green diamond dog as he tried to get the dancing diamond dog to let go of his paw.

"QUIET! I'm tryin' to sleep. Hehehehe." said a drunken diamond dog as his head collapsed into a bowl of apple cider.










Elsewhere in the throne room, there was a rather scandalous, belly dancing diamond dog dancing on top of the table giving the diamond dogs around them a show. She swayed back and forth as the diamond dogs felt blood rushing into their heads. All she could hear were complements from the diamond dogs around her.

"What a beauty she is!"

"She sure is a lovely one!"

One of the diamond dogs just finished two of his turkey legs and looked towards the two dragons that Parn recognized from earlier today.

"Here you two go. You've earned it." said the diamond dog as he threw the bones toward them as they caught them with their teeth.

They both salivated over the bones and gnawed them with glee.








The little, green diamond dog from earlier was close to another table with an empty plate waiting to be filled. As he looked towards the diamond dogs that were busy talking and not eating, he slowly reached his fork out and stabbed quietly onto a slab of meat. As he slowly moved the slab of meat towards himself, the diamond dog caught him at the corner of his eye and raised his knife.

"KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF, SNEAKER!" shouted the Diamond dog as he slammed his knife onto the meat, which gave only a tiny piece away for Sneaker to take away.

Sneaker skipped gleefully towards a table to sit without even looking.

"Going somewhere, Sneaker?" said a diamond dog as he held out his leg.

Without looking, Sneaker tripped and landed face first onto his meat, leaving a bunch of spice and grease on his face.

The diamond dogs that were watching him laughed. Sneaker was turning red as he got back up to his feet and walked away.








Parn still kept his eye out for Gummy, but still no sign of him.

"Come on, Gummy. Where are you?" thought Parn as he continued to look throughout the celebrated throne room.









"ENOUGH OF THIS CLEBRATING!" shouted a angry feminine voice.

The throne room went quiet as looked they looked towards the entrance of the throne room. Then, there was a sound of clopping hooves walking towards the throne room. Everyone's eyes lit up as they saw a pair of green lights coming from the dark entrance. As the being came out into the light, it was none other than Queen Chrysalis. She looked to and fro over the diamond dogs as she gave out a sneer.

"All of you sit down. Celebration time is now over." said Chrysalis as she walked towards her throne.










"Sweet Celestia, it's Chrysalis." thought Parn as his heart heated very quickly at the sight of her.









Sneaker rushed over and picked up a small broom and swept the queens way towards her throne. After she sat down, he walked over towards a bottle on top of a tray with a wine glass that was sitting close by her throne.

"Welcome, your highness." said Sneaker as he poured the wine onto the wrong side of the wine glass by accident without paying attention.

"We were just celebrating our success. Oh, I mean your success." said Sneaker as he corrected himself including flipping over the wine glass and poured into the glass the right way.

Sneaker walked up the steps towards the right corner of the throne and placed the cup beside Chrysalis with a little of spills on the stone steps.

"We've made no mistakes this time." said Sneaker as he crawled up on the right of her panting happily like a normal dog would.

Sneaker came back to his senses and swung himself around.

"BRING IN THE PRISONER!" shouted Sneaker.









From Parn's point of view, he sees a diamond dog dragging in something by chains. As Parn narrowed his eyes, he resized it was Gummy.

"Oh no. What am I to do?" thought Parn with worry.









"Hehehehe. This is it, your highness. This was that gator you wanted that creates visions." said Sneaker.

"Hmmmm. Not really what I expected...You! Diamond dog over by that corner over there!" said Chrysalis as she pointed out to the said diamond dog.

"Yes, your highness?"

"Fill your bowl with water and place it in front of this gator."

"Right away, your highness." said the diamond dog as he grabbed ahold of his bowl and ran over to one of the barrels that are filled with water.

After filling it, he ran towards Gummy and placed the bowl in front of him.

"Alright you dumbfounded gator, show the queen where the black cauldron can be found." said Sneaker demandingly.

Gummy just stood there ignoring the orders.

"Stubborn little gator, isn't he, your high-" Sneaker was cutoff as Chrysalis used her magic to choke him and throw him towards the bottom the stairs closer to Gummy.

"Oh yes, your highness. You are right. I'll go take care of this immediately." said Sneaker as he walked towards Gummy.

"The black cauldron! Where is it?! Show us, you dumb gator!" said Sneaker as he dumped Gummy's face into the water in hope that it'll put some sense into Gummy.

Sneaker hurried away and grabbed ahold of one of a spear that was close by.

"I warn you, little gator. The Queen's patience is short." said Sneaker as he held up the spear close to Gummy's face.

"NO! DON'T! NOOOOOOOOO!!!" shouted Parn at the top of his lungs as he slipped off from where he was and onto the stone floor.

Everyone looked at Parn in confusion.

"Who's he?" said a diamond dog.

"How did he get in the castle?!"

Parn looked around and was surrounded by diamond dogs. He looked around to find a close object he could use to defend for himself. The only thing that was close by was a broom. He levitated the broom and pointed it towards the closest diamond dog.

"GET BACK!" said Parn trying to be brave.

"Hahahahaha!! You dumb little unicorn!" laughed the diamond dog as he swung his sword and cut the hairs off of the broom.

"That was a stupid idea." thought Parn as he looked at the broom and dropped it to the floor.

The diamond dog with the sword picked up Parn with one paw. He drew his sword slowly towards Parn's stomach.

"Hehehehehe." cackled the diamond dog.

"Release him! Queen's order." said Sneaker from further away.

The diamond dog looked back at Chrysalis and then backs at Parn.

"Be lucky that I didn't kill ya. Here you go!" said the diamond dog as he threw Parn towards Gummy.

Parn lifted his head and was staring face to face with Gummy.

"Gummy! I'm so glad your safe. There, there." said Parn as he got up and hugged the little gator.

"So, little unicorn. I'm taking a guess that you are the keeper of this gator?" said Chrysalis as she stared down at Parn with her glowing green eyes.

Parn was speechless. He never knew that he'd really see Chrysalis in the flesh.

"Speak." said Chrysalis impatiently.

"Y-Yes, your highness." stuttered Parn.

"Then instruct this gator to show me the whereabouts of the black cauldron." said Chrysalis as she levitated her wine glass and took in a sip.

Parn looked back at Gummy and remembered that Cornhusk specifically told him to never allow Chrysalis to use Gummy to find the black cauldron.

"Your highness...I can't do that. I made a promise not to." said Parn.

Chrysalis's eye twitched.

"Very well. Then I guess that the gator is no use to me." said Chrysalis as her wine glass broke into pieces from her magic putting pressure on it.

Parn's eyes lit up. He knew that something was wrong.

Sneaker ran up to Gummy and snatched him up.

"Hey! What are you going to do to him?!" said Parn as he stood up.

Sneaker placed Gummy's head onto an execution block and held him down tightly.

"NO! DON'T DO IT!!" shouted Parn as he tried to take Gummy back but was pinned down by a diamond dog.

The executioner came out and held his axe high in the air preparing to lop off Gummy's head.

"PLEASE!!! STOP!!!!" Cried out Parn.

Chrysalis held out her hoof in order to stop the execution. The executioner obeyed and dropped his axe to the floor. Parn looked back at Chrysalis and then down to the floor.

"Fine. I'll let him tell you where the cauldron is." said Parn in defeat.

"Much better." said Chrysalis with smirk.

Sneaker grabbed ahold of Gummy and threw him towards the water filled bowl from before.

"Get on with the visions, little gator." said Sneaker.

Parn was released from the diamond dogs grip and walked towards Gummy.

Parn dipped his left hoof into the water bowl and enchanted the lines that Cornhusk said.

"Gummy, from you I do beseech. Knowledge that lies beyond my reach..." Parn was stopped as Gummy's snout entered the water.

The water started to swirl and gave out a bright color mix of red and orange.

The diamond dogs that surrounded Parn and Gummy watched with awe.

"Look! Look! Look! Your highness, it's happening." said Sneaker as he jumped up with glee.

As Parn stared deeply into the bowl, he saw a figure of the cauldron, swirling around slowly. Chrysalis who was on her throne, stood up with surprise.

"So the cauldron really does exist." said Chrysalis as she walked down slowly towards Parn and Gummy.

"Yesss. Yesss. Where is it? Show me...Show me." whispered Chrysalis as she crept up behind Parn.

Parn had an eerie feeling coming from behind him. As he turned, he stared directly into Chrysalis' green eyes as she quickly lunged her neck down quickly.

"AHHHHH!!" screamed Parn.

As Parn quickly stood up, his right hoof flipped the water filled bowl and water came splashing down on Chrysalis' face.

"AHHHHHHHHHH!!!" screamed the queen as she covered her face with both of her hooves.

"Come on, Gummy! Let's blow this joint!" said Parn as he levitated Gummy and pushed his way through the diamond dogs to get a chance of escape.

"GET THEM!!! WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING STANDING THERE LIKE ZOMBIES?!?!?!" shouted Sneaker demandingly.

The diamond dogs snapped back into reality and chased after Parn.

Parn ran around the castle not knowing where the exit will be. As he looked behind to see if the diamond dogs are anywhere close to him, he took a left. As he rushed in that direction, he was stopped to notice that it wasn't the way out. Parn was in a room full of meat and spices. The butcher noticed Parn and cocked and eyebrow.

Parn went back the direction he was coming from, as he looked back to where he came from, he saw Sneaker coming in hot. Sneaker then jumped towards Parn.

"Gotcha!" said Sneaker as he fell inside of a barrel that was behind Parn.

Parn kept his pace as he ran down the halls of the castle. He then found a opened wooden door that led outside. He rushed through and locked the door. Parn looks over the battlements and looks down at the moat bellow.

"The moat is our only chance, Gummy. Come on." said Parn.

As he placed Gummy down on the balcony, he then heard the wooden lock from behind him snap. Parn quickly pushed Gummy and watched him fall into the moat.

"Swim away, Gummy! I'm coming down!" said Parn as he was prepared to take a leap off.

Parn was stopped as he heard the wooden door braking from behind him. Parn tried to make his leap but was grabbed with a vice grip of Sneaker's. Sneaker then dragged Parn towards the Chrysalis that had fury in her eyes.

"Gotcha! Look, your highness! We've got him!" said Sneaker.

Sneaker let go of Parn as Chrysalis levitated Sneaker by the neck.

"But you let the gator go, didn't you?" said Chrysalis with a sneer.

"It-It wasn't my fault. I swea-" Sneaker was cutoff as Chrysalis chocked him harder using her magic and then she threw him towards the ground.

"THROW THIS LTTLE CRETIN INTO THE DUNGEON!" said Chrysalis as she pointed a hoof at Parn.

Diamond dogs surrounded Parn snickering. Parn then felt a punch from the back of his head and was out cold.











As Parn woke up, he hears the sound of dripping water coming from above him. Parn stood up rubbing his eyes and then, he felt a sting of pain from behind his head and rubbed it with his right hoof in order to rub the pain away.

"Ughhh. I hate those diamond dogs. Anyway, where am I?" said Parn as he tried to adjust his sight.

He saw a light from above him and could hear the pitter patter of water dripping further away. He then looked forward and saw bars on the door. Parn's eyes lit up.

"I'm…in the dungeon." said Parn as he realized his surroundings.

Parn Slumped to the stone floor.

"I've failed you, Cornhusk." said Parn as he covered his face with his hooves.





TO BE CONTINUED...

Comments ( 1 )

Legitimate Question before I read, when it gets to the Cauldrons Army being born, is there gonna be a description of that deleted scene where the solider gets dissolved by the mist? I'm asking because I made the everyso regrettable decision of searching up the Black Cauldron Nightmare Fuel page on TV Tropes. I just wanna make sure here.

Login or register to comment