• Published 8th Sep 2015
  • 629 Views, 6 Comments

Camp Orion - Meemie7



What is necessary is rarely easy or comfortable. It causes anger, depression, and most of all, fear. Pure and simple fear. Fear of what others may think. Fear of what will change. Fear of whether or not things will ever get better.

  • ...
2
 6
 629

Chapter 21: Group

Luna: Star Swirled the Bearded was there.

Discord: …yes.

Luna: Did you know him before?

Discord: If being my captor counts as “knowing”, then yes.

Luna: He captured you? Why?

Discord: …what do you know about Star Swirled the Bearded?

Luna:…He was a talented wizard that documented the foundations of magic and made many discoveries.

Discord: Correct. One of his “discoveries” was chaos-based magic. While it’s a powerful magic, it cannot be learned by anypony. Only one being was, is, and ever will be capable of such magic.

Luna: You.

Discord: So, if I’m the only one who wields that magic, the only way to study that magic was to….

Luna:…I’m sorry.

Discord: Why are you sorry? You didn’t lock me up and punish me if I tried to escape.

Luna:…Well…I did the former. I did lock you up in stone…

Discord: It’s not a problem, now.

Luna: Yes, it is. You’ve spent over a thousand years locked away in stone. I know exactly what that feels like and it’s a horrible, horrible experience.

Discord:…I…I’m not going to argue with that. It was horrible.

Luna:… I…I often wonder how we’re still sane.

Discord: What?

Luna: We’ve been locked away for a thousand years. We were frozen, trapped in time with no escape. Then, it all ended. How are we still sane?

Discord: …have you ever considered that we are not sane?

Luna:…

Discord: I can hardly remember what I was like before. I can remember the past, but it’s not through my eyes. I’m not myself when I try to remember. It’s like I’m observing the past, but I never lived in it. It’s like… all those years locked away in stone were erasing my former self until I had nothing but what was left.

Luna: What was left?

Discord: When I broke free, all I thought was to make the whole world immersed in chaos. It was the one of the only things I could remember about myself.

Luna: I…I think I understand. Sometimes… I can’t really imagine why I was so upset when I turned into Nightmare Moon. I can empathize with the situation, but I don’t remember feeling that way… All that was left afterwards was that unyielding feeling of guilt.

Discord:… It’s kind of ridiculous, how they did that. They sent us away and expected us to pick up right where we left off…

Luna:…But, you can’t pick up where you left off when you’re somepony else entirely.

Discord:…

Luna:…

Discord: Hf. I just realized how hard this is going to be.

Luna: How so?

Discord: Everything that we’ve clung onto since returning after a thousand years, identities that have had a thousand years to solidify… we have to change it all if we want to let it go.

Luna:…

Discord: I think… I have an actual journal to write for Snowheart this time…

Luna: Isn’t that due tomorrow?

Discord: It is.

Luna: You want me to stay up with you?

Discord: …Only if you want to.

Luna: Sure…By the way, during the dream…you said my name for the first time.

Discord: …hm. Must have slipped my tongue.

Luna: Heh. I like when you say my name.

Discord: If you say so, Luna.