• Published 28th May 2012
  • 2,574 Views, 24 Comments

Unforgiven - There Is Nothing Here



Rarity becomes depressed after Applejack is killed in a fire after an argument

  • ...
4
 24
 2,574

With Fire in the Heart (Rewrite P3)

'Ah was in bed for quite some time now. 'Ah hadn't cried like this since... A few years back there was a fire in the apple orchard that took both mah parents. There was only one tree left, it was my mah's an' pa's favorite. They had their initials etched into it. We buried what we found of them under that tree. 'Ah loved them so much, 'Ah missed them so much. Ma would always know what to say. 'Ah decided it was time to pay a visit. I climbed out mah window and jumped off the balcony. 'Ah trotted along the dirt path that lead me to the tree. 'Ah saw a storm a brewin', I payed not attention though. A little rain wan't about to stop me from gettin' closure.
I reached the great big tree and threw mah hooves around it.

"'Ah miss ya'll..."

'Ah felt a tear run down mah face, but only one, I traced a hoof around the heart mah parents carved in all those years ago. One day 'ah can grow up an' watch mah family play just like they used to watched us. Suddenly 'ah heard a CRACK! of thunder. 'Ah spun around and saw that it wasn't just a storm it was thunder clouds a brewin' in the sky.

"'Ah'll see ya later." 'ah waved.

CRACK!

Another one, too close for comfort. It struck a tree, it was next to mah's an' pa's tree. 'Ah went to the nearby well to get a pail of water to put it out. When 'ah got back Big Macintosh was there lookin' at our parents' tree. He shook his head and tilted it at the house for me to get inside. I glared at him in defiance as I put out some of the flame. 'Ah ran back, 'ah saw Big Mac runnin' next to me. He knew what that tree meant to me, to all of us. He grabbed a pail also we filled 'em an ran as fast as we could. 'Ah threw mine first an' started to run back.
CRACK!

Another one, also really close. Too close. It blocked the path from the well to Big Mac, and the path to the house. And any chance of safety. 'Ah looked at Big Mac, he noticed it too, the surrounding tree's where the one that had caught fire were also burning too fast for just the two of us and a bucket of water. We knew what was going to happen. 'Ah could see the fear and pain in mah big brothers eyes as his eyes began to water. He closed them and ran back home, unable to watch.

'Ah also felt the tears begin. 'Ah knew it was time, there was no escapin' this fire. Even the path to the well was all blazin' saddles. I closed my eyes and envisioned mah ma an pa lookin' at me smilin. And as I felt the crash 'ah didn't feel anythin'.

"'Ah'm comin' momma...." I passed out.


Twilight, Pinkie, Rainbow, and Fluttershy were all in the waiting room of the OR, along with the rest of the Apples. They awaited the outcome with much fear. After what felt like hours, a nurse came in. Pinkie rushed her and grabbed her shoulders.

"YA GOTTA TELL ME SHE'S OK! PLEASE DOC, I GOTTA KNOW IF I CAN THROW HER A GET WELL SOON PARTY!" Pinkie yelled.

"There may not even be a need for any kind of party lil' gal." the nurse said turning to the rest of them, "She's in critical condition, we have her stable but we don't know for how long. She has a very high chance of..." she paused before saying the next words, "she's in really bad shape, she could die at any minute."

The words hit them all like a ton of bricks.

"Apple Jack CAN'T die," Rainbow said tears coming to her eyes, "she still hasn't taught me how to lasso." she sniffed, it was a lie to try and still seem tough, AJ would never be able to teach impatient Dash how to lasso, just like Dash could never teach AJ how to fly, it wasn't in her blood.

Fluttershy broke down and bawled so did Pinkie.

"Can we see her?" Twilight finally asked.

"Yes, but only for a little while, she needs her rest." the nurse replied.


They all entered mah room. 'Ah was conscious... barely but 'ah could hear them.

"AJ," Dash whispered in mah ear she was crying, "don't go AJ you have to get better I don't know what I'll do without you."

'Ah could hear the sobbing in her voice, 'ah wanted a tear but mah ducts were burned in the accident mah doctor had said.

Pinkie Pie came over, "Please Apple Jack," she sobbed, "you gotta gotta gotta get better so I can throw you a party."

'Ah laughed in mah head, always thinkin' about her parties. She truly did have good intentions.

Fluttershy came, she didn't say anyting accept, "Apple Jack? Um..." I heard her cringe before she broke into tears.

"We all hope you get well soon AJ," Twilight whispered to me, "even Rarity, she's not here right now but she is sorry." 'Ah really felt like cryin' now.

'Ah wanted so bad to spring up on that bed and shout "'Ah'll be better before you can say lickity split!"

But I couldn't the pain was unbearable even laying here. I thought it maybe Big Macintosh would pick it up he could be strong for me. I closed mah eyes and fell asleep, 'ah wasn't gonna leave mah friends just yet, not without a fight.


Rarity was in her workshop again. Finishing up her last ensemble for Sapphire Shores. Suddenly the pony of pop burst through the door.

"Miss Rarity you come with me NOW!" She sang.

"Whatever is the emergency Sapphire?" I looked at her.

"You haven't heard," she said in a normal tone, "your friend Apple Jack is in the hospital, and YOU haven't visited her yet. Now get in my cart and let's GO!"

I couldn't have ran fast enough. I was mad at Apple Jack, yes. But hearing that she was in the hospital... ah! My mind was reeling now. I had to see her now. I ran into the room where they were holding her. I screeched to a stop, what I saw shocked, and appalled me. I flat line across the heart monitor, and a nurse pulling the cover over her face. Her hat lay on the table next to her, charred.

"Time of death, 4:42 P.M." the doctor said. I looked at the clock, 4:45. I was too late, I could have been here to say goodbye and that I was sorry. But instead I had let her die with the last thing I said was that I didn't want to be her friend. I had essentially told her I hated her, and now I would go through this life.... unforgiven.