• Published 12th Oct 2015
  • 234 Views, 0 Comments

You've Got to be Foaly Kitty Me: From Home to Equestria - Josh Crapo



Josh's letter takes him over to Equestria. Along the way, he reunites with Tail Flight, Wind Rust and Wiretap as well as gaining wings so he could fly, all of which would not have been possible if not for a senior prank.

  • ...
 0
 234

August 10, 2015 (Josh)

I wake up much earlier this time. At about 8:05 is the time I wake up. I gather the note, my phone, my photo albums and the feather, which is almost white now, as I wait to find out what this combination does. I turn on my computer, as I look on a few songs I've made on FamiTracker. Maybe a trip down a little more distant memory lane should do me less tears.

At about 11:30, I burp out a letter. "Ugh! I need more water!" I grab a water bottle and look at what the letter says.

"Dear Josh.

I've received a notice from Wiretap about Tail Flight. The result of getting the three over to Equestria has arisen more dire consequences than even I expected. As of right now, Tail Flight's on the verge of self destruction. I ask that you be there for her in Equestria. And if the circumstances are still too dire for Tail Flight to handle, please take her to your world. I hope you've learned well of gathering your items. We really need it.
Please come over to Equestria,

Princess Celestia."

I start to think of what Tail Flight had said back just before the four ponies took off to Equestria. "Oh, Josh. We'll miss you. I hope you won't feel alone now that we're going to be gone forever." It can't be forever. It just can't be. As I finish my water slowly, I check the time again. 11:40. I close everything and shut down the computer. And before I did anything else, I grab some money around the house and get my shoes. I figured I'd be ready to find myself anywhere new.

I go to the four items and lay on my stomach to await an effect happening. It feels like it turned to 1:00 but, I feel like I'm starting to float as the feather glows black again. Before something happens, I think back to Princess Celetia's previous letter. "But make sure to do it at noon." It's noon now. I've done exactly what the letter said and it all worked. I'm ready to face the effect of what'll happen because I've closed my eyes.

I fall, with my eyes still closed, and expect a somewhat soft surface of a floor just as the rug where I think I am. But instead, I reach a very earthy surface, like I'm outside. As I open my eyes, the new texture of the ground matches perfectly to where I am, outside. I look up and see a tree tilted above me on a hill. This seems familiar. A leaning tree on a hill. That's where Twilight Sparkle was reading a book about the banishment of Nightmare Moon!

Just past the slope is a paved concrete road. I get to my feet and follow that paved road all the way to where Twilight used to live. That's how I find that I'm in Equestria. The trick worked. After that, I take the other way back down leading to the normal residential zones and eventually towards the markets and restaurants. That's when I see a particular restaurant called Jo's Bar and Doughnut.

I take a walk around the block that Jo's Bar and Doughnut is located on. It was a slow walk but it was enough to take in a good view of Canterlot. I just can't believe this is happening. I'm in Equestria. It's a dream come true. At one point even I see a currency conversion ATM. Once I arrive at the restaurant again, I've forgotten that I have money with me. But it's only USD. I retrace my steps to look for the ATM. As I find it, I get my money out and look at the change. $2.50. I put the money in the ATM and it converts that money into bits. The result was five hundred bits. I was right! Every dollar is two hundred bits! I have more than enough to go out for lunch.

I come back to Jo's Bar and Doughnut and enter. It's a party in there and it's going to be for a while now because of lunch hour. I wait on a seat to order a couple of doughnuts for lunch. They're vanilla filled. I'm the most comfortable with that flavor. But I've had to wait a long time, the place being so crowded and such. Then I see him. Doughnut Jo, the greatest baker in Canterlot.

"Hey there, you're that guy who ordered two vanilla creams, right?" I nod. "Well, due to the line next to you being so long, how about I get ya a drink first."

"Okay. Any soft drinks?"

Doughnut Jo nods. "Alright. So, we got Spring, Dr. Stable, Root Beer, Mist..."

"I'll take the Spring."

"Okay." I watch as Doughnut Jo goes to the kitchen and comes back out levitating a cup of what looks like Sprite. "There you are. my friend. Ice cold Spring."

"Thanks." Jo just nods and exits to the kitchen again. I look at the entrance of the shop, as many ponies come and go as I drink my spring.

Here I am now, at a restaurant in Equestria busy with many ponies, far away from Geneva. I don't have any more school. It's a dream come true! I've finally made a dream come true. But now as I think, I think of Tail Flight. I'm worried about her. I hope she's alright. And I certainly hope nothing horrible's happened to her while she's been here. I think back to Celestia's letter about Tail Flight. Princess Celestia said that even she didn't expect the repercussions to be so high. I guess she didn't learn when she was finding a solution to keep her magic away from Tirek.

Suddenly, Doughnut Jo comes back. "Hey bud. Here's your two doughnuts."

"Thanks." I turn back to the entrance as I eat my doughnuts and keep drinking my Spring. After a few more minutes of watching ponies come and go, I see three familiar faces. Spike, Wiretap and Tail Flight. What's Spike doing here? Hmm. Maybe he's just using his day off to hang with them. Either way he's got a backpack.

"Josh!!!" Tail Flight gallops straight for me and hugs me after putting down half a doughnut and my almost gone Spring. I look over at Spike and Wiretap.

"Tail Flight! What're you and Wiretap doing here in Canterlot?" I let go and Tail Flight lands to the ground.

"Well, I've had a couple days off, so I decided to hang with them. This is my second full day off and might even get a third. i don't know what's goin' on with Twilight and her friends but it gave me so much time, I made these." And with that, Spike takes out what look like phones out of the backpack. "And they even come with their own stylus. I call it a UCD." I'm now confused.

Wiretap gets on a chair and whispers in my ear. "Universal Communication Device." I nod.

"Oh, Josh, I've missed you so much!"

"But where's Wind Rust?"

Wiretap goes back on the floor. "Oh, he woke up today. As far as I remember, he's still back in where Twilight and her Friends had placed him in where they thought was his house."

"Well, what's the address?"

"Oh, yeah! Twilight gave this list of addresses where they dropped off three ponies. Here you go." Spike takes out an index card out of his backpack as I took it.

"36 Mane Ave, 101 Foal St, and 205 Bale St. Wow Spike! I didn't know that address combinations could be so vulgar!"

"Hey, at least they're still addresses and not some really rude riddle, right?"

I nod at Spike. "I guess you're right."

"Alright. Now, come on! Time to get to 205 Bale St." Wiretap starts to lead the way.

"Hold on. I got my doughnut to finish."

"I got some cider to order too." Doughnut Jo walks up to Tail Flight.

"Which kind?"

"Bottled."

Jo nods and walks to the kitchen again only in ten seconds to be back with a glass bottle. "Now, careful with that young filly. You don't want to knock out cold." Tail Flight nods and leads me with my last bite of a doughnut after paying the bill. As I eat it, we catch up to Spike and Wiretap. Wiretap facehoofs when he sees the bottle of cider.

"Ugh! Tail Flight, you said that you'd get the jugged cider."

"I'm not going to drink this. I wanted to give it to Wind Rust."

Spike looks at Tail Flight. "Um. No offense Tail Flight, but I'm not sure that's a good idea."

Wiretap looks at Tail Flight as well. "Yeah Tail Flight, I agree with Spike. He woke up only today."

"Then who's going to drink it?"

Spike closes his eyes and waves his claws out. "Certainly not me. It's just not the same without Applejack's . Plus, I'm not exactly allowed to have cider after what happened when I had my first cider season in Ponyville."

I shake my head. "And definitely not me. The closest I ever get to that is diet soda. And I only have that when there's nothing else to drink."

"You know what? I've had cider before too Tail Flight. I'll drink it. Okay?" Tail Flight nods.

Author's Note:

How many bits would one dollar be?
In the show, the price that the sales pony said for a cherry was two fold, ten and twenty, averaging that cherry to fifteen bits. The average cost here for pound of cherries is six dollars. The number of cherries in a pound is eighty cherries. Eighty times fifteen is one thousand two hundred. Divide one thousand two hundred by six and that is two hundred. So, the number of bits for a dollar is two hundred.