• Published 17th Nov 2011
  • 6,618 Views, 234 Comments

Pony Shorts - Miyajima



A collection of short stories about our favourite pastel-coloured Equines.

  • ...
2
 234
 6,618

One-Bit Novels

"You won't get away with this, Ahuizotl!" panted Daring Do as the evil demon's panther lackey tightened the ropes binding her to the stone slab.

"Oh, but I already have!" he replied, smirking with murderous intent as he leant over and pulled the large lever sticking out of the stone wall.

The ground rumbled and the chamber echoed with the sound of ancient machinery grinding into action, as stones fell from the roof!

"Not again!" Daring grumbled, straining against her bonds as Ahuizotl looked dusted his coat nonchalantly. With a bound, he leapt from the room, his minions quickly following. The stone door slammed into place behind them, trapping Daring in the room!

She realised with mounting fear that the walls were not only rumbling, but were now moving towards her! Spikes shot out from the stone with a metallic ring, their points glistening in the flicking torchlight!

As if that wasn't bad enough, deadly spiders emerged from the cracks in the walls in their hundreds, clambouring along the spikes towards her! Without missing a beat, an ominous hiss came from the detailed relief of the Sun Demon, as venomous snakes poured from its mouth, eager to sink their fangs into Daring's flesh!

Only one thing could possibly make this situation any worse, and Ahuizotl didn't disappoint.

The stone table shifted under Daring, and she looked in horror at the sudden sea of sand that surrounded her!

"Quicksand!" she exclaimed, renewing her struggle with the ropes as snakes and spiders crawled around her and the sands began to rise!

This seemed to be the end for our brave heroine, but her brilliant mind had already seen a solution! Tipping off her safari helmet, she put one end over her hoof and, biting the other end, pulled with all her might!

With a snap the helmet flew across the chamber, bouncing off a spike and looping the Sun Demon's nose three times before ricocheting off the walls and striking the lever! With a clank, the deadly machine went into reverse, as the snakes and spiders retreated back to their lairs!

With one last push, the ropes broke! Our heroine was free! Knocking sand out of her ears and dusting off her trusty hat, she smiled and said:

"Another day, another dungeon!"

~~~

... and so, with Ahuizotl defeated and the Sapphire Statue secured, the world was safe and sound once again, thanks to Daring Do!

Fleur de Lis closed the book and scoffed as she put it back down on the mahogany table, taking a sip of her fruit brandy.

"As if anyone with half a brain would design such an overly complicated and completely pointless trap! And that part with the lava pit..." she said to herself, nickering.

As she mused, her gaze wandered around the room, eventually settling on one particularly beautiful little piece resting on her mantle: a statuette of a two-headed jackal, sitting with its paws protecting a precious gem, all rendered in the finest sapphire.

"I didn't have nearly as much trouble getting mine." she added, grinning.