• Published 20th Sep 2015
  • 361 Views, 1 Comments

Rainbow Family Day - AnonymousAlicorn



A regular day for the Rainbow family. Everyone experiences it differently, so why not see it all?

  • ...
 1
 361

Scootaloo

Once light invaded her eyes, she had to turn. This is why she closed the curtains, and what happens when she forgets to. After a few moments or so, she reopened her eyes to see that Rainbow had already left. She got up, remembering what she had planned to do today. She heard that Sweetie Belle had beaten Button mash in Pony Kart 7, so she would beat him in PK 8. She already had it, and had played it so much that she was certain to at least go down with a fight. She focused on more urgent matters, breakfast. She trotted to the kitchen, and fluttered her way onto the counter. She then grabbed the cereal, and hovered over to the table to set it down. Then, hovered over to the fridge to get the milk. She set down in front, pulled the handle, grabbed the milk, and closed it. She took the milk to the table, flew up, and landed on the table to open it. It was easier not to fly, but Scootaloo needed the exercise. She then flew to the cabinet, and retrieved her bowl. She then poured the cereal, milk, and went to get a spoon. Once she was sitting at the table, she dove in. It only took a few minutes for her to completely finish. She then rinsed the bowl, and flew to the door of her room again. In nearly no time at all, her PBOX was on, and she was ready to race. It was a few hours of fun, frustration, and racing, and she was completely ready for this. She then went to the door, and went to leave. She was now floating down from the cloud home, on her way to Button Mash's house. Once she arrived, after a shaky landing, she knocked. Mash's mom answered.

"Hello, Scootaloo. Are you here to take Mash?" They had organized this yesterday, so it would be easy. She nodded, and Button Mash was sent out shortly.

"So, you ready to get your rump kicked in Pony Kart 8?"

"Not in a million years. PK 7 was a different story, but I will NOT lose this one."

"Whatever. Lets go. I play it more than you play anything."

"Let's just go. Can we hurry up with proving I'm better than you at gaming already?" They had to use the sky staircase, and the thick paths made for non-pegasi, but once they got there, it was no time at all before they were in front of the PBOX. She left the title screen on, so they just sat down and played. They decided to start with a Grand Prix. The first round, obviously, went to Button mash. But, only Barely.

"Told you so."

"Don't be so fast to judge. We still got 2 rounds" Next round actually went to Scootaloo. Button was shocked, to say the least.

"But- HOW?" He seemed to slightly blush. Whatever he was thinking, she would win the next round. It was a tense round, considering it was a Tartarus-based map, and they both were constantly getting hit. The AI behind them had absolutely no chance of catching up, but their were random blue shells. When they were almost finished, Scootaloo just barely landed a green shell, and took the round.

"YEAH! I WIN!" Button froze, then blushed fiercely. "Whats with you? surprised a Girl beat you twice over?"

"N-no I- nothing." This sparked a question in her mind.

"Let me guess. Sweetie and me both beat you, so now you think your getting worse at games?"

"Not in this lifetime!"

"Was it something she did after she won?" Button literally changed his entire coat color with a red hue at that. "It is, isn't it? Don't freak. I don't go crazy from winning. I'm used to it." His blush faded, and he replied.

"Bet you can't beat me at COP 2!"

"You're on!" They switched games, and began.

There was a knock, and Scoots called for whoever it was to come in. It was Prism Flight."Hey Prism, whats up?" Scootaloo asked, puzzled why he was here. "Don't you, like, have a date, or something?" She was buddy-buddy with Prism, so naturally they had hung out from time to time.
"Eh, not for a few hours. I was wondering how to kill some time, and Rainbow's at a Wonderbolt thing."
"I'm just gaming with button, you wanna join?"
"Nah, I'm good."


A long night of Scootaloo beating Button Mash in every game, until he pulled out a new game out of his saddlebag, then a large pad.

"Dance Dance Revolution." She played that in the local arcade almost every day, so obviously she grinned, and nodded. He hooked it up, and before she knew it, they were each on the pad. He went into the highest difficulty songs, and selected 'Wub Kingdom' By Vinyl Scratch. This was the only dubstep, and by far the hardest, song here. This was suicide for Button, because Scoots could nearly perfect the whole thing. The beats began, and nearly instantly rows of 4 and 3 arrows were aligning with the push areas. After about 30 seconds, they were both beginning to sweat, from concentration and physical effort combined. It lasted 6 minutes at least, but the last few rows were elevating. They were both panting by the end, and when the winner screen came up, it was player 2. Scootaloo won by one point. She stumbled off the pad, nearly collapsing, followed by Button mash when she collapsed on the bed. She rolled over to face Button, and she could tell he was blushing again, but he was too tired to do it fiercely. They were uncomfortably close, especially their muzzles, and with every breath Button's coat turned a new shade of red. It then hit her what may have happened on Sweeite and Button's sleepover. That was definitely not happening here, as, well, she didn't, well, like boys like that. Once she regained her breath enough to talk, she did so.

"No way. When Sweetie stayed over at your place, did you two, well, do anything?" Awkward silence said enough, in combination that his coat was now more red than brown. "Oh. My. God. You did, didn't you."

"Uh, well, maybe. I uh, she started it." He blurted out.

"Geez, don't freak. I'm not gonna steal you. I just see you as somepony who's as good at gaming as me." She nudged him with a hoof. "Anyway, now that I know your secret, It's only fair I tell you one." She received a questioning look. "I wouldn't even think of kissing you. I like mares. A certain one in particular, but that's the extent of the secret i'm telling. you tell anyone, and everypony's knowing exactly what you two did that night. Got it?" Button nodded. "Anyway, you can have my bed. Rainbow doesn't mind if I take some of hers."

"You sure?"

"Last time you shared a bed with a filly who beat you in a game, you didn't just fall asleep, now did you?" She chided, and went to Rainbow's bed. She turned the light off, and snuggled into the edge of the cloud bed.

"Woah, cloud beds are awesome!"

"No. Regular beds are just really bad." She decided not to make a witty remark about Sweetie and him, and just subsided into sleep.