• Published 20th Sep 2015
  • 361 Views, 1 Comments

Rainbow Family Day - AnonymousAlicorn



A regular day for the Rainbow family. Everyone experiences it differently, so why not see it all?

  • ...
 1
 361

Chapter 2 : Prism Flight (cousin)

Prism Flight is the cousin of Wonderbolt Rainbow Dash. He has a rainbow mane as well, but he had more navy blue coat, opposed to light blue. He was just waking up on the couch, when he saw the clock saying 2pm. Just like everyone else in the family, he loved to sleep in. There was a difference between coming to consciousness and waking up. Once you move your head, you start waking up. Once your eyes open, you don't have to wake instantly. He might have been somewhat semi-conscious by about 1:30 pm. What really woke him was the sound of the door closing. Who was that? Oh, It was 2pm, and in an hour his cousin Rainbow Dash had a show, so it was probably her. Why get up? Oh, he had a date with the Duchess Fleur De Lis at 6, and no way in hell he would miss it. At that moment he realized, he was awake. Well, no turning back now. He got up, and walked to the mirror to make sure at least his mane was decent. It was all over the place, as was his coat. There were two ways to fix this, and one would kill two birds with one stone. He grabbed a towel, and hopped in the shower. After about 5 minutes, he got out, dried himself off, and went too see if he had any clothes anywhere at all. Nope, but he had 3 hours to go out and by something. He grabbed his saddlebags with all his bits, and went out the door. Lucky he had fast wings, because there was no clothes shops in upper Cloudsdale. But, within 10 minutes, he found a fancy clothes shop. Bingo. He went in to see the many racks of Tuxedos and very, very, very fancy dresses. Not Rarity status, but comparable. He walked up to the clerk, a mare with a dark brown coat and black mane.

"Hello, welcome to La Flair. Would you like to see our collection of tuxedos?"

"Sure, I guess." When he was escorted to a large hallway absolutely full of Tuxedos, he didn't take to long to decide. He stopped on a basic one. It was mostly just the standard black with white secondary. What caught his eye was the multi-color collar for the neck. Almost as if it was made for the exact occasion. He pointed with his left hoof and asked.

"How much?"

"75 bits." Extortion, but whatever. After seeing it, he had to have it. He grabbed a roll of 50 buts out of his bag, and a 25 roll with his other wing.

"Here. Now give me my tux." He winged over the bits and grabbed the tux.

"Thank you for your business." And he left. He carefully put the Tuxedo into his saddlebag and flew home. Once there, he looked at the clock to see if he should change. No way. It was 2:30. He had expected to take longer with that, but now he had some free time. He heard the TV from Rainbow's room. Obviously Scootaloo was bored out of her mind, so why not? He knocked, and was quickly answered. Her new friend Button Mash was sitting on the bed with one of the controllers.

"Hey Prism, whats up?" Scootaloo asked, probably puzzled why he was of all places, here. "Don't you, like, have a date, or something?" He always felt buddy-buddy with Scoots, so naturally they had hung out from time to time.

"Eh, not for a few hours. I was wondering how to kill some time, and Rainbow's at a Wonderbolt thing."

"I'm just gaming with button, you wanna join?"

"Nah, I'm good." Prism was a decent gamer, but Button Mash had a cutie mark in gaming. He couldn't compete with that. So, he had a few hours to kill and nothing to do. Rainbow was always into those books, which gave him an idea. He set the alarm for 5pm, because he had seen how into the books Dash gets sometimes, and opened Daring Do and the Sapphire Statue, apparently the first one in the series. It ended up being a good idea setting the alarm where he had, because he literally lost himself in the book. When the alarm rang, he snapped back to reality and bookmarked his page. Wow, he was going to read every last one of these when he got back. For now, he went to change into the Tuxedo and leave for Canterlot. He grabbed the magic rose that Rose gave him for the occasion for 20 bits. It was a cloud of constantly moving colors of the rainbow along the petals. Being a resident, he knew exactly where Cloudsdale went and when. It was close right now, and he had no problem flying the rest of the way. By the time he got to the castle, he had 10 minutes to find where she was. He perfectly timed it, and that helped his self esteem somewhat. He stepped up to the gate, and was instantly confronted by a guard.

"Halt. State your business."

"Here for Fleur De Lis. She is expecting me."

"State your name."Can't expect any less from a royal guard.

"Prism Flight."

"Enter. You will be directed shortly." The gate opened, and he went in to quickly be intercepted.

"This way sir." He followed the guard to a room with somewhat large doors, and the doors opened to reveal a tall, pink, beautiful unicorn in a white dress and a tiara with the white sparkling shape of a Fleur symbol in the middle. They both had the 'overdressing' theme going. However, she was royalty and he was family of the element of loyalty. You can't really overdress for something like that, but still. She also had white shoes with the same theme as the tiara. She was captivating, and he could tell she was thinking he was the same with the magic rose.

"Hey, you ready?" After a moment he was able to speak, and she was definitely looking forward to this.

"Yes. Lets go, then?" And they went on their way, being closely followed by 3 guards. One looked familiar, but he had never seen the other two. Two white, one dark grey. They were on their way to one of the most high-class restaurants in Canterlot, The Starry Night. The main reason for its fame, aside from the extremely good food, was the fact that the roof opened at night and the unicorn staff use a spell that blocks out all excess light. The sun was bordering the mountains when the carriage stopped, and a Sonic Rainboom went off somewhere. They both saw the captivating light in contrast to the sunset, and it was amazing. Celestia bless Rainbow and her timing. After the few seconds that both the ponies were captivated, Prism floated down to give Fleur a hoof down. He extended a hoof up, and she gracefully stepped down from the carriage. They had entered, to be greeted by a caramel earth pony with a black mane and silver platter for a cutie mark.

"Welcome to The Starry Night. Do you have a reservation?"

"Yes. Prism Flight and Fleur De Lis."

"Ah, yes. This way, please." They followed him to a table in the middle of the restaurant, and were given menus. After a minute or two, Prism decided on the spaghetti and cider. He put down his menu, and saw Fleur do the same. Then, the same pony who seated them returned.

"What will you be having today?"

"The Multiflower Forest and some cider please." Fleur replied.

"The spaghetti and cider, please" Prism was confident that if they served it here, it was good. And, he always loved any pasta he could get his hooves on, it being a delicacy. The pony shortly returned with the dishes, and they began eating and making conversation.

"How's the flowers?"

"Very good. And the spaghetti?"

"I always loved this stuff, and they aced the sauce."

"Glad you like it, this doesn't seem like it was very cheap." Then, the roof started opening. This was no sky he had ever seen! The stars had this intricate pattern of patterns that wove the sky and held it together like the visible cross sections of millions if invisible spider webs.

"Beautiful, isn't it." Fleur De Lis came back to reality first, and spoke, which called Prism back as well.

"I've never seen anything like that before. Is that how it is when there aren't any lights around?"

"Yes. All the time." They just enjoyed the view for a few moments, then returned their gaze to each other. They were both leaning in, why fight it? They kissed It was a moment better than the glance up, or the view of a rainboom. Hell of a first date. "Prism, the castle wont really work for me tonight, because of a tour or something. Can I stay at your house for the night?

"It's in Cloudsdale. How would you get there?"

"Royalty, remember? I can go anywhere I want." By this time, they had both finished eating, and were just getting up.

"I'll pay." Fleur looked like she was going to argue, but he was already getting out the bits. The waiter had given them the check with the food, so he just got out the bits and put them on the table, with tip. They walked out the door, and got into the carriage. After a small trip, they arrived at the castle. Fleur got out and gestured to one of her nearby personal guards who had accompanied them in various corners of the restaurant.

"Flash, get a Pegasus chariot, please."

"Yes, mam." He went off to find a chariot. and quickly returned, followed by 4 pegasi guards. "We are ready, mam. Cloudsdale?"

"Yes, please." Fleur seemed to really not want to be here for the castle tour. It was probably just a bunch of snobs asking prices of various items. He knew firsthand, worse than it sounds.

"What about being able to walk on the clouds?" Prism still felt uneasy about a unicorn in Cloudsdale, especially Fleur De Lis.

"Cloud walking spell." Well, cant argue with that. It was a short ride, and they were there in about 5 minutes, and the walk was really short.

"Welcome to my humble abode, make yourself at home." Prism was glad that they were home.

"Thanks. It would be a nightmare to try to sleep with rich snobs gawking at you every 5 minutes." Fleur obviously had tried before, and failed. "Where do we sleep?" He trotted over to the couch, and pulled a lever which opened up a relatively nice bed from the otherwise thick couch.

"I'll be right back, I'm gonna change out of this tux. I paid more for it than the restaurant reservations." He stepped into the bathroom and took of the absurdly expensive clothes carefully. He then folded the clothes, and put them under his left wing. He walked back into the living room and put the Tux in the hall closet. He then returned to the now empty room and got into bed. Fleur was doing the same. Once they were both in bed, he moved in for the kill.

"So, were both here, alone, and-"

"Not tonight. Maybe next, but I don't go there after just the first date." He was effectively cut off, and shot down. Fine, whatever. Time to just, only sleep. Nothing else.