• Published 20th Sep 2015
  • 361 Views, 1 Comments

Rainbow Family Day - AnonymousAlicorn



A regular day for the Rainbow family. Everyone experiences it differently, so why not see it all?

  • ...
 1
 361

Chapter 1 : Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash had just woken up in her room without a hangover. Both good signs. She was going to give the perfect performance today. She got up, and saw Scootaloo was no longer in her nearby smaller bed. They shared a room, but that was the extent. Sometimes, when Scootaloo had a nightmare, she would crawl up next to Rainbow in her bed, which was kind of cute. But today was just going to be an average day. At least as average a day as it could be for somepony newly promoted to official Wonderbolt. She used to be just on Wonderbolt reserve, but now she was official. She had a show later today at 3pm. Luckily, she had an hour to get ready and be on the other side of Cloudsdale, where her father, Scootaloo, and her cousin Prism Flight lived. Rainbow grabbed her flight suit, her goggles, and began dressing. When she slept, she had a way of keeping her wings perfect, so no need for preening. Once she was properly dressed and ready, she started on her way to the Wonderbolts HQ. She took her time, hovering slowly to get her wings completely awake by the time she got there. The whole morning was a tired blur, but now she was waiting in the locker room with her current fellow wonderbolts. She was supposed to do do a sonic rainboom while Spitfire and Soarin do a double helix pattern through it while the others make various intricate patterns. It was 5 minutes until flight, and the three wonderbolts were getting ready in the 3rd hangar, where she would be launching from, closely followed by Spitfire and Soarin. This would be one of the best performances in her life, except the race where she got 1st place against Spits and the other officials.

"So, Dash. You ready to do this?" Soarin was always the one worrying about everything.

"Geez Soarin, you asked me that 500 times, and yes I can do this." Dash changed her tone from annoyed to teasing. "You worried I might crash and damage you eye candy?" This even made Spitfire slightly chuckle, and it was all Rainbow could do to not burst out laughing.

"Hey!" But Soarin had no defense for that. Rainbow had caught him staring on several occasions, and Soarin knew it.

"Just keep your mind on the show," Rainbow couldn't help it. "and not on my flank."

"Take you own advice." Soarin tried to salvage the situation, and didn't fail. Per say, that is. Rainbow saw him blush after the 'eye candy' comment.

"Whatever. Lets just fly." An intern came into the room to make sure they were ready.

"30 seconds to launch. Go once the door stops opening." She heard the cheers of the crowd outside for the already out reserves already out performing. The wall started slowly descending, and Rainbow was at the back of the room, with the two others. She was ready to perform her life's calling. Her wings were pumped, and the wall was completely down. She took off as fast as she could. She felt the adrenaline flow through her whole body , and the static in the air signaling that she was close to the boom. She looked to the stage, she was accelerating to fast. She stayed at the border until she was in the very center of the stage, and pushed. There was a beautiful release of energy as she was launched forward into the air, out past everything. She abruptly came to a halt, being by far out of sight by all in the stage. She looked back, and there was a beautiful pattern of rainbow with the helix inside. Soarin had a green smoke trail, and Spitfire took the red one. The contrast was hypnotizing, mainly because of the amplifying power the rainboom gives the contrast of the double helix a perfect state of beauty for the split second that it lasted, never being able to be perfectly replicated. The split second that everyone in the stands craved so much. The reason she got up in the morning. There is no way to have a better feeling than when she looked upon her creation. Art in its perfect form. This was the climax for the performance, and it was the most beautiful sight she had ever seen. She had never looked back on a rainboom, and she should have. She was capable of making pure perfection. Yes, it only lasted a split second, but she couldn't be happier for the seemingly endless instant. Time to go back. She flew back to the HQ exhausted from the show. It was about 2 minutes, being not that far and the fact that she decided to walk. She got there, and luckily it was only her body exhausted and not her brain because Soarin flipped at how long it took her to get back.

"Rainbow! We were worried! what took you so long?"

"Soarin, you were worried. Only you." Spitfire always had fun setting Rainbow up to mess with him, and didn't hide it.

"I didn't know you needed a picture for the road, or I might have hurried back. I was just exhausted from the whole sonic rainboom thing." She put some annoyance into her tone at the end of the last sentence. "Aw, did it break your camera lens? I don't see one anywhere." Perfectly executed.

"Shut up!" Spits along with the few interns left who wanted to see what Dash was like after the show were all giggling. Soarin is still helpless, and it was hilarious. It was time to let him off the hook, as it was getting late after the show.

"Okay, dude, chill. Were all friends here. I gotta go anyway. Later, guys!" And with that, she was off. As she cruised idly, letting her years of experience and Pegasus instincts autopilot for her, she gets some alone time. She decided to think about how she was always merciless towards Soarin. She always teases him for how hot she herself was, but what if she was right? She wouldn't shoot him down instantly if he asked for, like, a date or something. She didn't really have anyone in mind, anyways. Her neutral gender preference didn't help much with that, either. What if Soarin did, though? The Wonderbolt rulebook had nothing against it, and Spitfire said herself that if you can trust someone in the sky, you can trust them anywhere. Also, she suspected Spitfire had something going with the Canterlot wing official. What was his name? Nevermind. Spitfire's sex life was her own. She noticed that the sun was halfway behind the mountians. It was goung to be dark by the time she got home at this pace. She had two options, One was stop to pick up some dinner from herself and the other was to actually put in some effort for flying, even though her wings were sore. She set down, and trotted up to a diner. Angel Wing's Diner. She walked in, up to the counter. People were staring. Oh, right. She still wore her flight suit.

"Look, everyone. I just want to eat. I am not going to sign anything. Okay?" Everyone went back to their meals. There were a few disappointed groans from the smaller fans. She got some bits out of the leather pocket Rarity had designed for her wing, and rang the bell for service.

"What can I get ya, miss Dash." It was a young mare with a brown coat and blonde mane.

"Yeah, yeah. Don't expect an autograph. Can i just grab like, two multiflower sandwiches and go?"

"10 bits." Wow, decent price. But this wasn't a discount. She read the price on it, and it was actually 5 bits a sandwich. She would have to come here more often, if its any good. The mare arrived with the food, and dash paid. These were actually really good. Only because they were good, she decided to get the place some more business.

"Okay, everypony!" That got literally everyone's attention. "Tomorrow, bring 2 bits, and something for me to sign here. Okay? Be here by 5pm." She got cheering from every single pony in the place. They were all fans, probably because it was Cloudsdale. She took the sandwiches and left. It was dark now, and she was on her way home. She finished the last bite of the last sandwich on her way in the door. to see her cousin sleeping on the pull out couch where he was before he woke up somehow with Fleur De Lis?! A Duchess?! Was this the right universe? Whatever, she would deal with whatever in the morning. She went to her bed to find Scootaloo curled up asleep at the edge. She snuggled in next to her, putting a wing over the little filly, and drifted away to sleep.